Who gets disrespected the most in fights?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautMania
who do you think in the whole comics world is getting the most disrespect in fights?

WOLVERINE:
IMO for the last 5 years wolverine is getting nothing but disrespect, everybody are beating him up and anyone who is new to comics and will check him out for the last couple of years would never be able to tell wolverine has some sort of MA skills. wolverine is depicted as a savaga clawed guy that gets his claws shoved up his A$$ every fight he has.

BEAST:
Poor hank started his career as a powerhouse, and ended up very quickly to be the punching bag of the x men. always the first guy to go down, always the one who only jumps around and never fights. and when he does fight he gets knocked out by everyone. he gets upgrades and upgrades and yet he is just a smart guy with fure.

ZEUS:
the god of olympus himself is probably the weakest skyfather you can find by feats. getting his face bashed left and right by all sort of heralds, and even thought he beats them eventually, this is no way to portray a skyfather and king of olympus. i always said marvel comics mixed up odin with zeus. in mythologies zeus is the warrior god while odin is just the wise one. marvel should seriously start treating its gods with more respect.

SamZED
Agree with all except Wooverine. He's bested Cap in AvsX which is a recent story. Doesn't get better than that.

cdtm
Yeah. and that's not even the only time he one upped Cap.

The guy appears in 27 comics a week, and he's an immortal regenerator with indestructible bones. Tanking damage kind of goes with the territory, same as Superman eating bullets instead avoiding them, disabling all the guns at super speed within the first nanosecond..

Flyattractor
If its a Garth Ennis comic. If its a super hero that character will take disrespect up the butt hole!

KingD19
Originally posted by SamZED
Agree with all except Wooverine. He's bested Cap in AvsX which is a recent story. Doesn't get better than that.

Cap would have died if Ant-Man didn't turn giant and kick Logan out of that ship.

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap would have died if Ant-Man didn't turn giant and kick Logan out of that ship.

Their other fight was even better.

"Disabled your claws."

"Disabled your legs, bub. Might wanna get that fixed before you bleed out."

golem370
Thing would make a good choice

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
who do you think in the whole comics world is getting the most disrespect in fights?

WOLVERINE:
IMO for the last 5 years wolverine is getting nothing but disrespect, everybody are beating him up and anyone who is new to comics and will check him out for the last couple of years would never be able to tell wolverine has some sort of MA skills. wolverine is depicted as a savaga clawed guy that gets his claws shoved up his A$$ every fight he has.

BEAST:
Poor hank started his career as a powerhouse, and ended up very quickly to be the punching bag of the x men. always the first guy to go down, always the one who only jumps around and never fights. and when he does fight he gets knocked out by everyone. he gets upgrades and upgrades and yet he is just a smart guy with fure.

ZEUS:
the god of olympus himself is probably the weakest skyfather you can find by feats. getting his face bashed left and right by all sort of heralds, and even thought he beats them eventually, this is no way to portray a skyfather and king of olympus. i always said marvel comics mixed up odin with zeus. in mythologies zeus is the warrior god while odin is just the wise one. marvel should seriously start treating its gods with more respect. You remind me of a young wolverinos, who reminded me of a lot of other people.

Also, Hulk

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
You remind me of a young wolverinos, who reminded me of a lot of other people.

Also, Hulk

Lol...I said the same thing a couple of week ago. I honestly think that's him.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah. and that's not even the only time he one upped Cap.

The guy appears in 27 comics a week, and he's an immortal regenerator with indestructible bones. Tanking damage kind of goes with the territory, same as Superman eating bullets instead avoiding them, disabling all the guns at super speed within the first nanosecond..

how does all that change the fact in all those 27 appearances a week he gets his butt handed to him by the random vilian of the day? wolverine became a punching bag with claws. he also gets the most brutal treatments all the time. gets his skeleton ripped, killed, soul punched, burned to skeleton, tortured atc atc ... the fact he has a healing factor only does him worse because that makes him being portrayed as a human punching bag.

JuggernautMania
You remind me of a young wolverinos, who reminded me of a lot of other people.

Also, Hulk

again with this wolverinos? Lol i am new here sorry.

hulk? he kicks all the ass marvel throws at him, guys like thor forget about their powers just to get knocked out by hulk smile

KingD19
Just recently for Sabretooth's birthday, Wolverine showed up and kicked his ass, plus like the 50 other bad guys who were in attendance. He killed Satan with his own sword, killed Omega Red, killed Sabretooth, etc...

Wolverine gets wanked like Batman and Cap.

pym-ftw
Pym; he is easily the most disrespected person in comics.

JuggernautMania
Just recently for Sabretooth's birthday, Wolverine showed up and kicked his ass, plus like the 50 other bad guys who were in attendance. He killed Satan with his own sword, killed Omega Red, killed Sabretooth, etc...

Wolverine gets wanked like Batman and Cap.

you just named all the bad ass showings he had over years. on top of every feat you stated he got 20 feats where he gets his ass kicked and tortured by the random villian.

almost forgot. i also think gladiator is very disrespected by marvel. he has to be the herald with the worst win\ lose record.

KingD19
Mainly because of a single instance of spousal abuse that was depicted wrong and due to extenuating circumstances.

tkitna
The Champion. All other answers would be wrong.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
Lol i am new here sorry.

Sure, sure. And I'm a xenomorph queen.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sure, sure. And I'm a xenomorph queen.

well nice to meet you xenomorph queen.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by tkitna

Champion? even he humiliated gladiator.

zopzop
Originally posted by pym-ftw
There's a good reason for that.
Originally posted by tkitna
Yup. Runner up : Colossus.

Magnon
COLOSSUS

WOLVERINE (sure, he's got some high feats too, but far too often some nobody stabs him through the heart just because)

pym-ftw
Originally posted by zopzop
There's a good reason for that.

Yup. Runner up : Colossus. mental illness?

Piotr isn't really disrespected in comics

Insane Titan
Mephisto Imo

Magnon
Piotr isn't really disrespected in comics

He really is.

SamZED

Wolverine gets wanked like Batman and Cap. lol I forgot all about it. There was Sabertooth, Daken, Mystique, Sauron among others lol

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sure, sure. And I'm a xenomorph queen. Called it months ago.

zopzop
mental illness?

The only mental illness is on the Pym fanbase side.

That guy sucks. Period.

StiltmanFTW
@Sam

Also Deathstrike siblings, Wildchild, Roughouse, Tiger Shark, Soulstriker, Silver Samurai's kid, Bloodscream, Madcap, Jade Claw, White Queen II, Slug (I think), some others + cannon fodder.

StiltmanFTW
They'd massacre an army of Spidermen, easily.

KingD19
He walked the dog on all of them, came out calmly with only minor bruises and cuts/scrapes if that. And left everyone on the floor. One of the best showings I've seen in a long time. Even if it was in a jokey sort of way.

SamZED
@Stilt Tbf they'd massacre an army of Wolverines as well on any other day.

StiltmanFTW
Army of Wolverines would conquer the omniverse, bub.

SamZED
With their combined smell.stick out tongue

KingD19
Then they call in The Punisher. Just one.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by zopzop
The only mental illness is on the Pym fanbase side.

That guy sucks. Period. you mad? Dirty mutie lover

stick out tongue

zopzop
you mad? Dirty mutie lover

stick out tongue
I was kidding big grin

I actually think Wasp/Yellow Jacket are cool characters and they owe their existence to Pym. So...

pym-ftw
I haven't read anything with the female yellow jacket, is she a good character?

zopzop
I haven't read anything with the female yellow jacket, is she a good character?
I thought she was. Check out the late 80s early 90s Guardians of the Galaxy series. She joined toward the end.

pym-ftw
Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by SamZED
Agree with all except Wooverine. He's bested Cap in AvsX which is a recent story. Doesn't get better than that. -_-'

anyway shazam. Shazam has been in supes shadow. He either ties or loses to him. He did beat supe in kingdom come but they made it non-canon. Dont even get me started on nu 52 shazam

TheLordofMurder
Thanos...

He should be sick and tired of taking vicious backhands to the chops like this one:

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
-_-'

anyway shazam. Shazam has been in supes shadow. He either ties or loses to him. He did beat supe in kingdom come but they made it non-canon. Dont even get me started on nu 52 shazam

What's wrong with NU Billy

cdtm
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What's wrong with NU Billy

He's a grim n' gritty version of Cap, for starters. Basically, Billy's a douch.

KingD19
To be fair, he's been treated like shit near constantly both ad Billy and Shazam. So at least he's got the excuse of being a 12-14 year old who had a tough life and is acting the only way he knows how to cope. There are guys like Superman who are just assholes for the sake o being assholes.

cdtm
To be fair, he's been treated like shit near constantly both ad Billy and Shazam. So at least he's got the excuse of being a 12-14 year old who had a tough life and is acting the only way he knows how to cope. There are guys like Superman who are just assholes for the sake o being assholes.

Yeah, he's got a good excuse. He's just the antithesis of what made Cap Cap.

Superman and Cap being douchbags is basically why the Nu52 is garbage. This is their grim n' gritty era now.

cdtm
nt

maxivitopowe
Toad

Q99

I thought in the last 5 he got *more* respect than he has for a long time, between his Avengers team and then with Young Avengers.

I mean, I've only been into him fairly recently, and I think he's been pretty cool as-of late.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Q99
I thought in the last 5 he got *more* respect than he has for a long time, between his Avengers team and then with Young Avengers.

I mean, I've only been into him fairly recently, and I think he's been pretty cool as-of late. Well during the Stark led Mighty Avengers we had Ms. Marvel basically treat Pym as one of the worst people she knew and had to be nearly physically restrained to keep from assaulting him. This is the Woman who got drunk and knocked a planeful of people out of the sky, playing with Ironman. Those who live in glass homes comes to mind. I won't even go into Tony allowing all this and the hypocrisy shown.

During Pym's run as leader of his Mighty Avengers, first he has a team assembled by Loki-Wanda and even in the face of immediate danger they are reluctant to be lead by Pym. After this Tony literally belittles Pym taking leadership of the team away and mocking Pym's bipolar disorder and his choice to take up Jan's code name... This man is a recovering alcoholic who only got clean because of the Avengers the Team Pym created and lead, and Jan died on his team. So eventually we see both Herc and Us Agent question Pym's leadership abilities... Which is odd as they are both former members of the Pym led WCA.

Even after this initial fight we see reluctance to listen to Pym or join his team. Skipping threw the next few issues we have, Pym & Jocasta's relationship being openly mocked despite none of these same people voicing any objection against Vision & Wanda. The introduction of QS who will repeatedly insult Pym all the way through Avengers Academy, the fight against CC Absorbing man in which of all people Norman Osborn call Pym a woman abuser, the FF cross over in which Reed Richards is actively keeping Pym from something his best friend Bill Foster willed him after his death at the hands of a Reed Richards robot; on the grounds that Pym can't be trusted with it. I could keep going but ill save you time literally the only people who don't mock Pym openly are Cho after being humbled, Hawkeye, & Jarvis... Keep in mind these people are living in Pym's mansion at this point and all these people abandon him when he asks Loki to be rehabilitated under his watch, including Thor.

celeyhyga17
Martian Manhunter
Red Hulk wo/Loebforce

-Pr-
When Pym is treated well, it tends to be in books not written by Bendis.

Bendis, when he writes Pym, treats him like the scum of the earth, and seems to have an almost unhealthy hate for what is essentially a fictional character. This is a guy who actually considered trying to wipe him completely from continuity after all.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
When Pym is treated well, it tends to be in books not written by Bendis.

Bendis, when he writes Pym, treats him like the scum of the earth, and seems to have an almost unhealthy hate for what is essentially a fictional character. This is a guy who actually considered trying to wipe him completely from continuity after all.

That's pretty harsh. o_o

I guess it was Bendis writing when Pym tortured Loki, then turned around and asked him to join the Avengers?

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
That's pretty harsh. o_o

I guess it was Bendis writing when Pym tortured Loki, then turned around and asked him to join the Avengers?

Bendis said he hates not just Pym, but his fans too. And that if he could remove one character from comics altogether, it would be Pym.

The guy has a massive hard-on for making Pym look bad. It's not like I want him to have it.

Branlor Swift
Bendis said he hates not just Pym, but his fans too. And that if he could remove one character from comics altogether, it would be Pym.

The guy has a massive hard-on for making Pym look bad. It's not like I want him to have it. I feel like Bendis feels this way about a lot of characters. Like A LOT of characters.

JayDaDon
Bendis said he hates not just Pym, but his fans too.

PROFESSIONALISM.

KingD19
Was Bendis the one who wrote that conversation between Pym and Reed when Richards gets pissed and goes, "I know more about Pym Particles than you!"

-Pr-
I feel like Bendis feels this way about a lot of characters. Like A LOT of characters.

I'm not saying that he doesn't; just that he does with Pym. A lot.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
PROFESSIONALISM.

laughing out loud

Was Bendis the one who wrote that conversation between Pym and Reed when Richards gets pissed and goes, "I know more about Pym Particles than you!"

I honestly don't recall.

====

Colossus isn't really disrespected; writers just don't seem to grasp the character at all.

Branlor Swift
Bendis is easily my least favorite writer right now, maybe all time. All he does is shit on characters to make his pet characters look good. And his always snarky characters with their quips and questions

-Pr-
Yeah... It's like he secretly wants to be (in) Joss Whedon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.