April 3rd - Annual Slutwalk Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Forget what the title implies; this is a day of protest and awareness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SlutWalk

Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SlutWalkToronto

I hope other such protests go on in other urban centres.

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud I didn't know anything about this. Thanks!

you get thorns
Don't put on the uniform if you aren't in the game.

roughrider
Originally posted by you get thorns
Don't put on the uniform if you aren't in the game.

Okay...that sounds like if she wears it, she's asking for it. no

Bardock42
I'm not a huge fan of the branding, but I really like the message.

NemeBro
Wow, way to bait me with the promise of something great, only to feed me horse shit.

Digi
I accidentally read the title as "Anal Slutwalk Day" ...needless to say, I'm having some mixed emotions right now.

ArtificialGlory
Would have been more appropriate on April 1st.

Robtard
Started reading the Wiki; stopped at "rape culture".

Robtard
Originally posted by Digi
I accidentally read the title as "Anal Slutwalk Day" ...needless to say, I'm having some mixed emotions right now.

Ha. If only.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Starting reading the Wiki; stopped at "rape culture".

Offended?

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Offended?

No

Shakyamunison
No

Disappointed that they didn't mention you by name?

Robtard
No, I'm not a rape supportist.

Astner
If women never said "no" rape wouldn't exist.

Shakyamunison
No, I'm not a rape supportist.

laughing out loud

NemeBro
Originally posted by Astner
If women never said "no" rape wouldn't exist. Damn that's edgy.

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
Damn that's edgy.
2cool4school brah

jaden101
'Rape Culture'???

I feel so cultured.

roughrider
Originally posted by jaden101
'Rape Culture'???

I feel so cultured.

http://www.shakesville.com/2009/10/rape-culture-101.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXH2K7OC37s

You're welcome. big grin

jaden101
Give it a few years and she might get her back doors smashed in. If she plays her cards right.

-Pr-
As much as I think the term "rape culture" is bullshit, I do sympathise with the spirit of the marches, and I honestly hope that rape, in all it's forms, eventually gets treated with the seriousness it deserves.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by -Pr-
As much as I think the term "rape culture" is bullshit, I do sympathise with the spirit of the marches, and I honestly hope that rape, in all it's forms, eventually gets treated with the seriousness it deserves. thumb up

-Pr-
dammit, only now do I see the typo.

BackFire

We can make this a reality. You and I, Digi. Robtard will help.

you get thorns
Originally posted by roughrider
Okay...that sounds like if she wears it, she's asking for it. no

What that says is: We are all perceived and treated according to how we carry ourselves. If you want respect you need to carry yourself in a manner that commands respect. If you normally carry yourself as a **** or a hoodrat or a backwoods redneck then you should expected to be treated as such. I would never blame a victim of a crime for what the criminal did but I would expect people to understand that certain language or dress will get you treated in a specific manner just as the opposite is true.

Try it with a resume or on a job interview.

I don't make the rules. The rules are not new.

Bardock42
We are all perceived and treated according to how we carry ourselves.

Well, that's just plain bulllshit, so...

Epicurus
This reminds me of Boobquake.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
Give it a few years and she might get her back doors smashed in. If she plays her cards right.

She has more than one?

Shakyamunison
She has more than one?

Maybe he is just guessing about female anatomy.

roughrider
What that says is: We are all perceived and treated according to how we carry ourselves. If you want respect you need to carry yourself in a manner that commands respect. If you normally carry yourself as a **** or a hoodrat or a backwoods redneck then you should expected to be treated as such. I would never blame a victim of a crime for what the criminal did but I would expect people to understand that certain language or dress will get you treated in a specific manner just as the opposite is true.

Try it with a resume or on a job interview.

I don't make the rules. The rules are not new.

Sounds like you are looking for loopholes in the 'No Means No' mission statement. wink

As far as making a parallel with how someone acts on a job interview...in this case, the woman is the one who is the employer. They can smile and say all the right things during smalltalk, but if they ultimately say no in the end (aka don't hire you) then that's it. You can't claim justification that your mind was messed with, so that's why you got angry and assaulted them, saying 'you put out all the signals, it isn't fair!'

Robtard
We are all perceived and treated according to how we carry ourselves. .

While there is some truth to that, people are also treated by factors they have little or no control over, such as skin color, sex, sexuality, nationality, health status and physical status to name a few.

you get thorns
While there is some truth to that, people are also treated by factors they have little or no control over, such as skin color, sex, sexuality, nationality, health status and physical status to name a few.

Yes, what I was pointing out is what we can control and a responsibility we all have to ourselves. Obviously that was not taught to everyone posting here.

I didn't make the rules.

Let's look at this. I am a white guy. I work near the largest predominantly black ghetto in a large metropolitan area. Lets say I decide to go to the hood tonight and pick out a random bar and stop for a few beers. Now I as an intelligent adult know what is going to happen. I will leave in an ambulance with no money in my pocket. If you doubt me you have lived a very sheltered life. So, the question becomes, if I do this and get my butt kicked all over the room and have my possessions taken whose fault is it?

I was taught by my parents from a very early age not to put myself in a position that is not in my best interest. I would put the blame for my problem of the night solely on my shoulders. It doesn't matter that I should be able to go anywhere and spend my money and enjoy my evening. That isn't how the real world works.

There was an asinine post I chose not to quote that assumed I feel it is okay to assault a female because of how she is dressed. Incredibly stupid assumption to make based on my statements.

My mother would ask me very simply: Didn't I teach you better?

I would never blame the victim but at the same time everyone wants to be a victim. That pays in this society. It is your fault I am stupid. It is your fault you allowed me to drink so much. It is Ronald McDonald's fault I am fat. It never stops.

I'll quit sounding like your grandfather now....... But beware...... You will turn into him one day........ I hope.

NemeBro
Maybe you get beaten up at black bars because you're an easy target?

you get thorns
I doubt it. Enjoy changing the world.

I'll enjoy watching you.

Robtard
Let me ask you this.

Woman #1: Dressed very conservatively, goes to a bar in a prominent area of town that has a low rate of crime. She's there to meet a few friends; doesn't flirt with anyone . She ends getting push into an alley and raped why trying to hail a cab.

Woman #2: Dressed very revealing/sexual, foes to a bar in a known "ghetto" area which is known for a high(er) rate of crime. She's there to have fun; possibly pick up a date for the night, is very flirtatious to those around her. She ends getting push into an alley and raped why trying to hail a cab.

Since you said above, "I would never blame the victim", how do the choices these two hypothetical women matter?

Cos it does seem you'd say "she should have known better" in regards to woman #2.

you get thorns
Let me ask you this.

Woman #1: Dressed very conservatively, goes to a bar in a prominent area of town that has a low rate of crime. She's there to meet a few friends; doesn't flirt with anyone . She ends getting push into an alley and raped why trying to hail a cab.

Woman #2: Dressed very revealing/sexual, foes to a bar in a known "ghetto" area which is known for a high(er) rate of crime. She's there to have fun; possibly pick up a date for the night, is very flirtatious to those around her. She ends getting push into an alley and raped why trying to hail a cab.

Since you said above, "I would never blame the victim", how do the choices these two hypothetical women matter?

Cos it does seem you'd say "she should have known better" in regards to woman #2.

In this scenario they don't. That is why I thought it stupid to read more into my statements than typed.

This is a forum for opinions, no?

Time Immemorial

laughing laughing laughing

meep-meep
Yes, what I was pointing out is what we can control and a responsibility we all have to ourselves. Obviously that was not taught to everyone posting here.

I didn't make the rules.

Let's look at this. I am a white guy. I work near the largest predominantly black ghetto in a large metropolitan area. Lets say I decide to go to the hood tonight and pick out a random bar and stop for a few beers. Now I as an intelligent adult know what is going to happen. I will leave in an ambulance with no money in my pocket. If you doubt me you have lived a very sheltered life. So, the question becomes, if I do this and get my butt kicked all over the room and have my possessions taken whose fault is it?

I was taught by my parents from a very early age not to put myself in a position that is not in my best interest. I would put the blame for my problem of the night solely on my shoulders. It doesn't matter that I should be able to go anywhere and spend my money and enjoy my evening. That isn't how the real world works.

There was an asinine post I chose not to quote that assumed I feel it is okay to assault a female because of how she is dressed. Incredibly stupid assumption to make based on my statements.

My mother would ask me very simply: Didn't I teach you better?

I would never blame the victim but at the same time everyone wants to be a victim. That pays in this society. It is your fault I am stupid. It is your fault you allowed me to drink so much. It is Ronald McDonald's fault I am fat. It never stops.

I'll quit sounding like your grandfather now....... But beware...... You will turn into him one day........ I hope.

Jeez.

you get thorns
Originally posted by meep-meep
Jeez.

I was hoping they would continue with their stupidity. My first day here I was attacked by some regulars because I posted a fact that disagreed with what they chose to believe. I played dumb long enough to get all of them out there showing their true colors and then offered up the proof that what I posted was fact regardless of what they chose to believe. Here you have a completely asinine premise that people that have been taught political correctness ignorantly latch onto because they were not taught common sense and how to apply it. Yes, common sense has to be developed. It just don't happen on its own.

You see this a lot in groups that flaunt their education in one area of study as omnipotence.

But it seems the kids don't want to play so I'll leave the fools to follow morons as they were trained in institutes of higher learning.

And yes, I love my particular misuse of the grammar rules commonly accepted and also I love run on sentences. I gots plenty more iffin you want them.

jinXed by JaNx
Isn't everyday slutwalk day?

Epicurus
^Maybe in a sorority. Not in the real world.

you get thorns
Glad to see this thread taking off. gathering

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.