The Goku Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iscaremonkeys
Goku is transported to the marvel universe. Strangly enough his speed has decreased however his duribilty has been raised. He can not go past ss2 use instant transmission or use his spirit bomb.
does he pass through the gauntlent?

1. Moon Knight
2. ironfist
3.venom
4.Spiderman
5.iron man
6.namor
7.thor
8.hulk
9.thanos (just h2h no infinity gauntlet)
10.WBH

SSJGGogeta
Depends.

What versions of these characters are they?

Is this the universal rune king Thor, or the small building movie Thor? What about Iron man?

How much has his speed decreased, and how much has his durability increased?

With what you've specified, there are way too many variables that could turn the tides in any characters favors. Either way, with no handicaps, except no SSJ3, instant transmission of spirit bomb, he still shits on the thread, even if these are all the strongest versions.

NemeBro
Stops hard at basic comic Thor, even if he's SSJG.

TheTyrant
Goku clears. Thanos should also be the last person in the gauntlet.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by NemeBro

Pfft, because Thor can destroy quadrants of the universe just by getting angry. thumb up

yungz22
He starts having trouble around thanos if he had the infinity gaunlet goku would lose

Astner
You don't think Goku has a significant speed advantage? Thor has had issues keeping up with speedsters far slower than Goku on quite a frequent basis.

Heck, I don't think I've ever seen Thor legitimately blitz someone.

That said, I don't think Goku could get past Thanos. Then again I'm not sure why World-Breaker Hulk is further down the Gauntlet than Thanos is.

Originally posted by yungz22
He starts having trouble around thanos if he had the infinity gaunlet goku would lose
If Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet then it wouldn't even be a match.

Damborgson
That list is severely out of order.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Pfft, because Thor can destroy quadrants of the universe just by getting angry. thumb up And Goku can? Let's see the scans.

And I take back what I said earlier. Goku stops at Thanos since his speed has been reduced.

iscaremonkeys
Stops hard at basic comic Thor, even if he's SSJG. get out

Depends.

What versions of these characters are they?

Is this the universal rune king Thor, or the small building movie Thor? What about Iron man?

How much has his speed decreased, and how much has his durability increased?

With what you've specified, there are way too many variables that could turn the tides in any characters favors. Either way, with no handicaps, except no SSJ3, instant transmission of spirit bomb, he still shits on the thread, even if these are all the strongest versions.
goku is only at the speed of sound. his duribility has increased by 3 all 616 not movie versions

StealthRanger
Why is Thor above Hulk?

But yeah loses at Thor or Thanos. Prolly WBH too

Everybody else dies tho

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Why is Thor above Hulk?

But yeah loses at Thor or Thanos. Prolly WBH too

Everybody else dies tho hulk is higher than thor. thor is at 7 hulk is at 8 he starts the gauntlet with number 1 and works his way up

Damborgson
Yeah that's what's wrong with it.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Astner
You don't think Goku has a significant speed advantage? Thor has had issues keeping up with speedsters far slower than Goku on quite a frequent basis.

Heck, I don't think I've ever seen Thor legitimately blitz someone.

That said, I don't think Goku could get past Thanos. Then again I'm not sure why World-Breaker Hulk is further down the Gauntlet than Thanos is.

If Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet then it wouldn't even be a match.

Didn't Thor fight at FTL speeds against Gorr?

Astner
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't Thor fight at FTL speeds against Gorr?
I haven't seen it so I won't comment on it.

StealthRanger
Because Thor hasn't fought Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator and fought evenly.... oh wait

Astner
Because Thor hasn't fought Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator and fought evenly.... oh wait
So has Spider-man and the Hulk, but neither of them are considered light-speedsters.

StealthRanger
>uses PIS
>uses low ends

:galacticryoma

Astner
>uses PIS
>uses low ends
So it's PIS and low end when applied to certain characters but a valid argument when applied to others?

No. I'm sorry, that's not how deductive reasoning works. Your argumentation is either applies universally or it doesn't apply at all.

NemeBro

On average Thor is probably slower yes.

Surtur comes to mind.

Damborgson
So has Spider-man and the Hulk, but neither of them are considered light-speedsters.

Except Thor has speed feats that make light look like its going in slow motion. Thor isn't being pulled by that hammer at speeds so incredibly he can't perceive where he's going, he has to be able to decide when to stop, where to go, etc.

TheTyrant
Because Thor hasn't fought Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator and fought evenly.... oh wait Those three don't fight at FTL either. At best, you will be able to find like 5 or 6 instances of them fighting at FTL in their entire careers.

iscaremonkeys
i think he stops at WBH or thanos

TheTyrant
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
i think he stops at WBH or thanos Hulk would end up with a planet buster x 100000 up his ass.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Hulk would end up with a planet buster x 100000 up his ass. you think hulk would just sit there and let him charge an attack like that? c'mon

ares834
Originally posted by Damborgson
Except Thor has speed feats that make light look like its going in slow motion.

And he claims to be slower than Wolverine and has trouble hitting Quicksilver...

Lets not pretend Thor is a speedster.

TheTyrant
you think hulk would just sit there and let him charge an attack like that? c'mon Goku's massively faster even with these nerfs, so why not?

StealthRanger
Those three don't fight at FTL either. At best, you will be able to find like 5 or 6 instances of them fighting at FTL in their entire careers.

Ugh, I am not doing the "combat speed" shit

That's been done to death and is not accepted anywhere. Like, at all

Damborgson
Originally posted by ares834
And he claims to be slower than Wolverine and has trouble hitting Quicksilver...

Lets not pretend Thor is a speedster.

Which he obviously isn't and his basic little lightning bolt is what has trouble hitting quicksilver. He moved so fast quicksilver wasn't able to react to the shockwave of his slam after that.

He's not in the sense that flash is, but he's able to move very very fast with Mjolnir.

TheTyrant
Ugh, I am not doing the "combat speed" shit

That's been done to death and is not accepted anywhere. Like, at all Well, it should be accepted because it's pretty much common sense that travelling speed =/= fighting speed. This is clearly true in fiction as well since you very rarely see non-speedster herald level (Thor, Surfer, Nova, etc.) characters fight at FTL, but you do see them travel at such speeds very often. Flying at FTL =/= throwing punches, blasts, kicks, or any other offensive/defensive thing during a fight.

StealthRanger
Except besides narrations that say shit like "1000 punches per second", "punched at lightspeed" or "punched a guy in a microsecond", there's no indication of how fast a fight actually is

Reason why character speeds are based off notable speed feats, not fights, and why the "combat speed" retardation is invalid :distracted

But to take a page from that book, can you prove DBZ characters fight at the same speed that they travel at?

*que the whole lack of quantification and "oh they leave afterimages so we know they're fast or using speed feats to quantify DBZ chars yet denying the same precendents for comic chars*

SSJGGogeta
And Goku can? Let's see the scans.

And I take back what I said earlier. Goku stops at Thanos since his speed has been reduced.

Watch BOTG's.

Whiss stated that Bills can destroy "Quadrants of the universe" just by getting angry. A quadrant of the universe, in case you didn't know, is a fourth of the universe.

SSJG Goku was completely equal to 70% full power Bills.

SSJG Goku can destroy quadrants, or at least a few hundred million galaxies by just getting angry.

Not even Rune king Thor can do that.

thumb up

SSJGGogeta
you think hulk would just sit there and let him charge an attack like that? c'mon

From Goku's POV, yes, considering that Goku moves so much faster than any non-universal abstract character in marvel/DC other than Flash, that Hulk would be dead before he even knew his head was vaporized.

ares834
Originally posted by Damborgson
Which he obviously isn't and his basic little lightning bolt is what has trouble hitting quicksilver. He moved so fast quicksilver wasn't able to react to the shockwave of his slam after that.

He's not in the sense that flash is, but he's able to move very very fast with Mjolnir.

laughing out loud

Which is why Thor resorted to an AoE attack rather than just initially hit Quicksilver directly amirite?

Not to mention his two showings against Mongoose, or Captain America's training regime (it was Masterson Thor but Cap says his predecessor had trouble with it as well), etc...

Sure he can move fast (and he has a handful of super speed feats) but in general he isn't extremely quick. Certainly not to the level of DBZ characters.

StealthRanger
So we're going to conveniently ignore Thor fighting ****ers like Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Gladiator on even terms? As in ****ers who are massively more physically powerful than DBZ

Yeah that's cool :distracted

chasedown
Thanos would destroy him(with gaunlet) so who cares how far he gets

TheTyrant
Watch BOTG's.

Whiss stated that Bills can destroy "Quadrants of the universe" just by getting angry. A quadrant of the universe, in case you didn't know, is a fourth of the universe. That was a translation error. He actually said solar system.

In one of the previews, Kuririn says the Earth is in danger, and Piccolo responds by saying the entire galaxy (ginga in Japanese) is going to be wiped out. However, this dialogue is not part of the actual movie.

But Whis does say at one point in the movie that if Beers is angered, then the entire solar system (taiyou-kei in Japanese) will be wiped out in no time flat.

So to confuse matters, apparently one of the fansubs for the movie floating around mistranslates Whis' line to say that the galaxy will be wiped out, rather than the solar system. This is a rather egregious error, as taiyou-kei translates pretty directly into "solar system": taiyou=sun/solar, and kei=system. Mostly like the translator had a poor grasp of astronomy, and simply considered "solar system" and "galaxy" to be interchangeable terms.

He still shreds anyone here except for Thanos.

Except besides narrations that say shit like "1000 punches per second", "punched at lightspeed" or "punched a guy in a microsecond", there's no indication of how fast a fight actually is

Reason why character speeds are based off notable speed feats, not fights, and why the "combat speed" retardation is invalid :distracted

But to take a page from that book, can you prove DBZ characters fight at the same speed that they travel at?

*que the whole lack of quantification and "oh they leave afterimages so we know they're fast or using speed feats to quantify DBZ chars yet denying the same precendents for comic chars*

Since their blasts are FTL, they fight at FTL all the time smile

So we're going to conveniently ignore Thor fighting ****ers like Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Gladiator on even terms? As in ****ers who are massively more physically powerful than DBZ

So are you conveniently ignoring all the times where he hasn't blitzed street-level characters? I'm pretty sure that's happened way more often than Thor fighting or travelling at FTL. Pretty big double standards there homie.

StealthRanger
Scans or it didn't happen, in reference to the FTL blasts, ofc

Positive feedback dictates we favor the high end showings over the low end ones for any fictional character

Because low ends will horrendously outnumber the high end ones for any medium :distracted

I suppose according to you Beta Ray Bill with similar abilities and powersets along with ****ers like Surfer and Gladiator can blitz his ass in a straight up fight (nah, shouldn't have said that, you'll prolly just cry 'outlier' I presume?)

TheTyrant
Originally posted by StealthRanger Scans or it didn't happen, in reference to the FTL blasts, ofchttp://i36.mangareader.net/dragon-ball/400/dragon-ball-70925.jpg
http://i28.mangareader.net/dragon-ball/400/dragon-ball-70926.jpg

Hopefully I won't have to explain how that's massively FTL since it traveled more than the earth's radius in an 'instant.'

Note that Goku traveled light years in less than a second using that ability.

Says you or is there a general consensus on this here? Because low-end and high-end feats should be thrown out the window. Why? Because they're low-end and high-end and therefore not how the characters actually perform 99% of the time.

Black Panther putting Silver Surfer is a high-end showing for him as well. So we're going to use that or are you going to call PIS?

Exactly what I'm saying; low-end and high-ends are a bad way to gauge a character's powers and capabilities. I'm not saying that we just use low-ends and forget all about the high-ends.

Not at all. Thor has just as many high-end speed feats as they do. Matter of fact, probably more than all of them except for maybe Silver Surfer. He's already bested Silver Surfer on panel anyway.

All that aside, point was that combat speed is different that travel speed. There is a character in One Piece who can literally become light and move as fast as light can. However, he can't FIGHT at light speed and neither can characters who can beat him up. Like how Usain Bolt can run faster than Floyd Mayweather, but can't throw faster jabs. That's how it works and it makes perfect sense.

SSJGGogeta
That was a translation error. He actually said solar system.

In one of the previews, Kuririn says the Earth is in danger, and Piccolo responds by saying the entire galaxy (ginga in Japanese) is going to be wiped out. However, this dialogue is not part of the actual movie.

But Whis does say at one point in the movie that if Beers is angered, then the entire solar system (taiyou-kei in Japanese) will be wiped out in no time flat.

So to confuse matters, apparently one of the fansubs for the movie floating around mistranslates Whis' line to say that the galaxy will be wiped out, rather than the solar system. This is a rather egregious error, as taiyou-kei translates pretty directly into "solar system": taiyou=sun/solar, and kei=system. Mostly like the translator had a poor grasp of astronomy, and simply considered "solar system" and "galaxy" to be interchangeable terms.

He still shreds anyone here except for Thanos.

Since their blasts are FTL, they fight at FTL all the time smile

So are you conveniently ignoring all the times where he hasn't blitzed street-level characters? I'm pretty sure that's happened way more often than Thor fighting or travelling at FTL. Pretty big double standards there homie.

That was something made up by idiot fangirls to deny the feat. Cell said he could solar system bust. If you watch BOTG's, Whiss CLEARLY says "Uchu no yon", which LITERALLY translates to "fourth of universe".

I don't know where you guys are getting solar system from... Watch the phucking movie again, he clearly says "Uchu no yon".

SSJGGogeta

As in they can universe bust? That's some SERIOUS fan wanking there.

Base Goku takes them all on at once and wins, unless Thanos has the IG.

TheTyrant
That was something made up by idiot fangirls to deny the feat. Cell said he could solar system bust. If you watch BOTG's, Whiss CLEARLY says "Uchu no yon", which LITERALLY translates to "fourth of universe".I don't know where you guys are getting solar system from... Watch the phucking movie again, he clearly says "Uchu no yon". Uh, no Whis doesn't say that. He clearly says "taiyou-kei" as the source I linked you to states. Check it for yourself if you don't believe me; it's at 51:52 in the version I'm watching on Saiyanplanet.com.

Anyway, for canon proof:

http://i.imgur.com/ITyXjj9.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZoRhqyH.png

Anyway, saying any herald-level character can take even SSJ Goku without some heavy hax is pure wank. Like, Frieza with less than one percent of his full power blew up a ~Neptune/Uranus-sized planet and vaporized millions/billions of planet-busters with one blast. Like I've said before, if Nappa was a villain on either Marvel or DC earth, he'd be huuuuge shit. Seriously, someone who can do this

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/33346/654583-226215-napa2_super.jpg

is NOT going to be fodder on DC or Marvel earth. They would need to send an entire team of heavy-hitters to deal with him.

TheTyrant
^ I meant SSJ2* Goku being above herald-level. Also, to SSJGGogeta, the source I posted is also from Herms himself. So yeah, only solar system level++++ as of now.

StealthRanger
http://i36.mangareader.net/dragon-ball/400/dragon-ball-70925.jpg

Hopefully I won't have to explain how that's massively FTL since it traveled more than the earth's radius in an 'instant.'

Note that Goku traveled light years in less than a second using that ability.

Do we have a timeframe for this?

Btw, you'd have to travel the earth's radius 7.5 times in a second to be lightspeed

No, it's what most debating sites use for many verses across the webs

Stops people from nitpicking low end feats out of the blue

Though at least you admit to low showings being a bad way of gauging a combatant

Yes, I'm well aware of outliers chuckles

Main issue with this is that characters can become more subjective to varying interpretations over power levels

From what I know of OP, pretty sure he can only go lightspeed in his logia form, which he can't attack in

But those are humans, there's not going to be some gigantic speed gap between them tho

SSJGGogeta
Uh, no Whis doesn't say that. He clearly says "taiyou-kei" as the source I linked you to states. Check it for yourself if you don't believe me; it's at 51:52 in the version I'm watching on Saiyanplanet.com.

Anyway, for canon proof:

http://i.imgur.com/ITyXjj9.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZoRhqyH.png

Anyway, saying any herald-level character can take even SSJ Goku without some heavy hax is pure wank. Like, Frieza with less than one percent of his full power blew up a ~Neptune/Uranus-sized planet and vaporized millions/billions of planet-busters with one blast. Like I've said before, if Nappa was a villain on either Marvel or DC earth, he'd be huuuuge shit. Seriously, someone who can do this

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/33346/654583-226215-napa2_super.jpg

is NOT going to be fodder on DC or Marvel earth. They would need to send an entire team of heavy-hitters to deal with him.

That's not the part I was talking about. I was referring to the part at 41:03 where he says "Uchu no Yon", which is a quarter of the universe. And I mean that Bills was the one that said it. Whiss says something like "will you destroy Earth?", and Bills says, "No, it'd be best to renew the entire quadrant.".

Yeah though, even Nappa would put up a great fight against any herald level character.

SSJGGogeta
Do we have a timeframe for this?

Btw, you'd have to travel the earth's radius 7.5 times in a second to be lightspeed

No, it's what most debating sites use for many verses across the webs

Stops people from nitpicking low end feats out of the blue

Though at least you admit to low showings being a bad way of gauging a combatant

Yes, I'm well aware of outliers chuckles

Main issue with this is that characters can become more subjective to varying interpretations over power levels

From what I know of OP, pretty sure he can only go lightspeed in his logia form, which he can't attack in

But those are humans, there's not going to be some gigantic speed gap between them tho

Why do you always make three fourths of your posts bold? It's retarded.

Either way, I can give you a calc(since I know you appreciate accurate calcs), that proves base Namek Goku to be millions of times FTL.

stargun
http://i36.mangareader.net/dragon-ball/400/dragon-ball-70925.jpg

Note that Goku traveled light years in less than a second using that ability. The Shunkan Idou is just good old teleportation and not some sort of hyper-fast movement as many of you Dragonball fans want people to believe, this is not how the technique behaves on panel. You can't treat Goku's trip to Earth from New Namek as if he flew all the way between the two points and then get a speed feat from that.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by stargun
The Shunkan Idou is just good old teleportation and not some sort of hyper-fast movement as many of you Dragonball fans want people to believe, this is not how the technique behaves on panel. You can't treat Goku's trip to Earth from New Namek as if he flew all the way between the two points and then get a speed feat from that.

Eh, I don't really know any DBZ fans that want to consider that as movement. Vegeta clearly said it wasn't.

Yes though, it's just plain ol' teleportation. Goku still flew around Namek in less time than it took Frieza to punch Vegeta, which can be accurately low-ball calced to a three-millionth of a second. That's a ridiculous speed feat.

AnimeDeadpool
Pfft, because Thor can destroy quadrants of the universe just by getting angry. thumb up
All of them defeated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.