Freedon Nadd vs Maul Brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins? Takes place in the throne room of mandalore.

Petrus
I'm not familiar with Nadd's feats. Can someone list them?

The Merchant
I recall reading somewhere that Nadd mastered every technique, both Jedi and Sith.

ares834
Don't think so. There is a quote though from some some book which details some force powers (pretty sure it's some RPG book) that says Nadd mastered every technique in the book which, IIRC, included force storm.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ares834
Don't think so. There is a quote though from some some book which details some force powers (pretty sure it's some RPG book) that says Nadd mastered every technique in the book which, IIRC, included force storm.

The fleet devouring one or like the one vitiate uses?

Nephthys
Nadd has killed more Jedi with his blaster than any lightsaber has. Tru fax.

ares834
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The fleet devouring one or like the one vitiate uses?

Actual force storms as in the wormholes not simply force lightning.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nadd has killed more Jedi with his blaster than any lightsaber has. Tru fax.

Wasn't that quote an "up to that time" statement?

Nephthys
Yeah. Though considering Tulak Hord, who as I recall came before him, that's a record few can possibly rival after him.

Galan007
Don't think so. There is a quote though from some some book which details some force powers (pretty sure it's some RPG book) that says Nadd mastered every technique in the book which, IIRC, included force storm. It didn't say he 'mastered' all force abilities, just that he had 'knowledge' of all force abilities:
http://i.imgur.com/pFuYqOr.jpg

Nalaniel
So his only real feat is knowing all Jedi and Sith Force powers?

Nephthys
Well as a ghost he was pretty good. He pwned am ancient and powerful Jedi Master from across the galaxy, healed Exar Kun from near death and does some other cool poop.

Also, doesn't he possess Exar Kun's amulet of awesome HAX? Or is that Naga Sadow? They're basically the same guy in my mind.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nalaniel
So his only real feat is knowing all Jedi and Sith Force powers?

No.
"A vile weapon that once belonged to Freedon Nadd, this blaster has killed more Jedi then any lightsaber."

And he turned Onderon into a Dark Side Nexus.

ares834
Originally posted by Galan007
It didn't say he 'mastered' all force abilities, just that he had 'knowledge' of all force abilities:
http://i.imgur.com/pFuYqOr.jpg

Hmm, although, considering that said quote is found in the place where Nadd's abilties are listed the implication seems to be that he could use them.

Nalaniel
Impressive. Wait, did Freedon Nadd kill Naga Sadow or did he defeat his spirit?

Galan007
Hmm, although, considering that said quote is found in the place where Nadd's abilties are listed the implication seems to be that he could use them. "Nadd has knowledge of all Jedi and Sith Force powers presented herein as well as those abilities still hidden in ancient Holocrons and tomes." Essentially, Nadd knows of every Force power presented in the Sourcebook, along with every force-related ability that hasn't yet been discovered. In a nutshell: he knows ALL.

So yeah, as far as gameplay is concerned, that statement likely wouldn't have been made if Nadd weren't intended to be able to use said abilities, imo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So, theoretically, Nadd could be powerful as hell?

Nephthys
All of the big name Ancient Sith Lords were powerful as hell imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So, theoretically, Nadd could be powerful as hell? If Nadd could actually use every single Jedi and Sith force ability that exists(which is just an assumption, mind you), then he could very well be the single most powerful force user, ever. But again: 'knowledge' of said abilities doesn't necessarily mean Nadd could 'use' said abilities. Example: I 'know' of a billion dollars, but I certainly don't 'have' a billion dollars.

Where gameplay is concerned, however, the implication certainly seemed to be that Nadd *could* use said abilities--otherwise why mention his vast knowledge of force powers among his known abilities in the official RPG Sourcebook..? /shrug

Emperordmb
There's something else to consider as well. Knowledge of some abilities doesn't necessarily mean someone is extremely potent in those abilities.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes, but to merely use some of the referenced abilities it would probably require immense power

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Impressive. Wait, did Freedon Nadd kill Naga Sadow or did he defeat his spirit?

Naga Sadow used some sort of mechanism to keep himself alive through the centuries, and was awakened and killed in combat by Freedon Nadd on Yavin IV.

Nadd also beat Matta Tremayne in a lightsaber duel too, broski's. Bros still win though.

ares834
Nah, he didn't. She intentionally left herself open to test Nadd and see if he would strike her down (he did so and thus failed the test). Of course, Nadd was only a padawan then so he would undoubtedly improve later on.

As for Sadow, there are conflicting sources. Some say Nadd killed him others say he awoke his spirit and destroyed it.

NewGuy01
In lost tribe of the sith it's said that he put himself in suspended animation and was awoken by Nadd, and later killed.

ares834
Like I said there are conflicting sources the Dark Side Sourcebook and Essential Guide to the Force, for example, say Nadd awoke and was taught by Sadow's spirit.

Nai
Originally posted by Petrus
I'm not familiar with Nadd's feats. Can someone list them?

- went to the Jedi Temple on Ossus, where he was viewed as one of the most gifted students ever to hit the place.
- killed a Jedi Master (Matta Tremayne) and exiled himself from the Jedi.
- rediscovered the original holocron of King Adas, which should have provided some nice amount of Sith knowledge.
- went to Yavin 4 to be taught by the spirit of Naga Sadow. Apparently, he mastered the art of Sith magic from Sadow (who was called one of the greatest Sith magicians ever by Sidious), before destroying his masters spirit.
- then he proceeded to Onderon where he conquered the planet and defeated the Beast Riders army with his Sith magics, proclaimed himself king and ruled the planet for more than a century, probably killing a nice amount of Jedi Knights who came to reconquer the world in the process - if the description of his Blaster in KotoR is to be trusted.

As a Force Ghost:
- served as the sole Sith instructor for both King Ommin and Queen Amanoa.
- served as the sole Sith instructor for both Keto siblings.

If you consider this alone, along with his study under Sadow and the fact, that he was in posession of King Adas' holocron, Nadd must have some pretty huge amount of Sith knowledge up his sleeve.

- predicted the faith of Ulic Qel-Droma before a single of the events leading to his descent to the Dark Side was set into motion.
- killed King Ommin, when the ruler of Onderon was cut lose from his exosceleton.
- managed to control Dark Side energies in order to trigger an avalanche that almost crushed Kun to death.
- used the Dark Side to heal Kun after that incident. Considering that pretty much every single bone in Kun's body was broken, that must have been quite the effort.
- managed to floor Master Vodo from the other side of the Galaxy.
- managed to communicate through the Galaxy at the same point in time, when Kun turned against him and used the Sith amulet to destroy Nadd's spirit. So he must have resisted the effect for a brief amount of time (at least partitially), which must have been quite difficult, considering the fact, that he had Kun's hand sticking in his spectral chest.
- his knowledge (Sith Magic) live on in his own holocron, that Bane gifted Zannah, who learned the spells and - as a result - managed to defeat her master in combat.

Now you may want to consider the fact, that Nadd calls himself / is described as "powerless spirit" multiple times. So the actual Nadd in his prime must have been some quite powerful Sith Lord. That being said, I don't see what the Maul brothers would do against him. In seems to be apparent, that his knowledge and power towers theirs - and quite much of that appears to be tailor-made for battle. Leaves the option of a lightsaber battle. I can see the brothers standing a chance here, if they are lucky enough to get some coordinated attack in on the target. But then: The guy apparently shot Jedi with a blaster for fun, and probably won't bother to ignite his blade but rely on the force instead.

Stealth Moose
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.