Darth Bandon vs. Coleman Trebor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Q99
Darth Bandon is the more combat focused of the two, I'd think he'd win in all.

Intrepid37
Trebor stomps.

S_W_LeGenD
Bandon is the superior warrior here. He have impressive combat record as well and not just hype with actual Jedi kills under his belt.

Q99
And, conversely, Coleman doesn't have combat hype. He's a skilled diplomat who, while capable of swinging his saber, is better with words.

Intrepid37
No, Trebor is one of the best duelist the Order has to offer. What does Bandon have to compete?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Intrepid37
No, Trebor is one of the best duelist the Order has to offer. What does Bandon have to compete?
How exactly Trebor is one of the best duelist of the Order? Sounds like a joke to me.

Bandon have killed lot of Jedi and was among the prominent individuals of a Sith Empire he served. Does this counts?

Intrepid37
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
How exactly Trebor is one of the best duelist of the Order? Sounds like a joke to me.

Bandon have killed lot of Jedi and was among the prominent individuals of a Sith Empire he served. Does this counts?
What has Bandon's victims accomplished?

S_W_LeGenD
What has Bandon's victims accomplished?
This I don't know but killing many Jedi is indicative of decent power and prowess, IMO.

carthage
None of which happens to be anything as the skill feat and accolade of making it to the Jedi council

Intrepid37

S_W_LeGenD

Intrepid37
No, he does, since he's among the best of his Order. Saying that he can't beat unknown, unaccomplished Jedi is the exact same claim as saying that Vitiate can't levitate a lot of heavy stones because he's not shown himself to, the latter of which you object to.

S_W_LeGenD
No, he does, since he's among the best of his Order. Saying that he can't beat unknown, unaccomplished Jedi is the exact same claim as saying that Vitiate can't levitate a lot of heavy stones because he's not shown himself to, the latter of which you object to.
Best of the Order in what context?

Being on the Jedi Council doesn't atomatically implies bad@ssry. Jedi do not make it to the Council for the same reasons that Sith do.

Jedi Council members aren't necessarily the strongest and finest warriors of the Order. Yes, powerful Jedi do make it to the Council but this promotion is not dependent upon their power but exemplary conduct on the whole.

You insult the likes of Count Dooku and Sith Emperor by using their analogy in this contest. It is REALISTICALLY expected of Sith Emperor to levitate/lift even heavier objects then Dooku can, this is his CANON situation.

Trebor is something else in comparison. He isn't noted for his superb warrior skills, combat record, power in the Force and vice versa. He was just an exemplary Jedi in other ways.

In contrast, Bandon is noted for his combat abilities, prominence, strength in the Force, impressive combat history - all of the necessary ingredients that define his respective position in the mythos accordingly.

Intrepid37
Jedi Council members aren't necessarily the strongest and finest warriors of the Order..
The Clone Wars Encyclopedia claims otherwise.

S_W_LeGenD
The Clone Wars Encyclopedia claims otherwise.
Thanks for the source. Any specific quote from within?

The latest canonical understanding of this matter is different however. Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia also covers these matters, in detailed fashion and accurately.

The strongest of the Jedi do not necessarily become Council members. Keep this in mind.

Intrepid37
Thanks for the source. Any specific quote from within?

The latest canonical understanding of this matter is different however. Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia also covers these matters, in detailed fashion and accurately.

The strongest of the Jedi do not necessarily become Council members. Keep this in mind.
I'll scan it when I come home, but as far as I remember it: ''The Jedi Council is made up of some of the most skilled duelists in the Order''.

S_W_LeGenD
I'll scan it when I come home, but as far as I remember it: ''The Jedi Council is made up of some of the most skilled duelists in the Order''.
Thanks.

The key word is "some" in the statement.

Intrepid37
Thanks.

The key word is "some" in the statement.
''Some'' does not necessarily refer to Coleman Trebor.

Zett
Wasn't Coleman Council's worst combatant? I have no idea, who might be weaker then him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by carthage
None of which happens to be anything as the skill feat and accolade of making it to the Jedi council

Which itself isn't comparable to being the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Lord Stark
Lmao Coleman Trebor was apparently a Soresu practitioner. I swear the people doing this are just trolling me now.

Nephthys
Well Jango was timing his shots......

According to my Mountie father anyway.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well Jango was timing his shots......

According to my Mountie father anyway.

A man who sits on the Jedi Council...who practices Soresu should by all rights be either approaching or at Mastery. Soresu specializes in deflecting blaster bolt...and yet.

Emperordmb
This is one opponent I think Bandon could take.

**** all of that golden age councilor shit! Trebor was gunned down rather casually by Jango and hasn't shown any impressive feats.

chilled monkey
Coleman was a master of Soresu. It took a guy who was arguably the best shot in the galaxy (or at least one of the best) to take him out and even then he managed to deflect one or two shots before going down. Not to mention he was focused entirely on Dooku which was his mistake.

That being said I agree that Bandon would defeat him. The guy was chosen as Malak's apprentice after all.

NewGuy01
I was sure that Coleman was a Niman practitioner, though...

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I was sure that Coleman was a Niman practitioner, though...

You probably got that idea because a bunch of people here assumed Coleman was a Niman user and went around claiming that for quite some time, but there was never any evidence to suggest this.

He has since been confirmed in canon to be a Soresu user.

King Joker
Well he's a suckish Soresu user...

pencilcrayon
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t5jdwj&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21273h5&s=8
How did this happen?

Intrepid37
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t5jdwj&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21273h5&s=8
How did this happen?
Jango capitalized on a great opportunity.

DarthAnt66
Just wanted to add:
"Coleman Trebor successfully combined peaceful art of negotiation with deadly lightsaber prowess."
"Coleman fought bravely in the Geonosian arena, as he sliced through wave after wave of droid battalions and Geonosian warriors."
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/trebor10.jpg

However, "While Dooku was indeed suprised, Jango Fett was ready. A barrage of blaster fire defeated the Jedi' lightsaber skills and kill him instantly."

All quotes from the official Star Wars fact files.

pencilcrayon
How does one deflect the bolt towards one's own arm and not back at the shooter?

NewGuy01
I just realized that, omg Coleman...

Stealth Moose
Derp.

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"Coleman fought bravely in the Geonosian arena, as he sliced through wave after wave of droid battalions and Geonosian warriors."

Gotta love it when Star Wars authors didn't even watch the movies.

Lord Lucien
Trebor's a "Vurk"? Even his species sounds like Derp.

Which is irrelevant, seeing as how Bandon is the most powerful Sith in galactic history.

Emperordmb
So far the only real argument I've heard for Trebor is golden age councilor shit.

Lord Stark
Coleman Trebor single handedly cut through battalions *plural? Jesus.

pencilcrayon
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Coleman Trebor single handedly cut through battalions *plural? Jesus. After cutting through thousands of droids, Trebor was exhausted when he found Dooku?

Lord Stark
Deadly lightsaber prowess...so he's a Soresu master?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o8mYE8YOj7Y/UB7Gonf1shI/AAAAAAAACIc/hfzprMaZnrw/s1600/calling-bullshit.gif

NTJack0
What is this? Bandon beats him like a disobedient puppy.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Deadly lightsaber prowess...so he's a Soresu master?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o8mYE8YOj7Y/UB7Gonf1shI/AAAAAAAACIc/hfzprMaZnrw/s1600/calling-bullshit.gif

thumb up

Obi-Wan can deflect a billion blades and/or blaster bolts from any range, from even Jango Fett before he was a master. Coleman Trebor can't. This is utter bullshit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.