Captain America vs Hellboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
AVHFp7y90l0

vs

HHtsiRNyGWg

Impediment
Hellboy.

Cap has better hand to hand skills, but he doesn't have Hellboy's sheer strength. HB fought multiple Samael hounds with difficulty, but survived, with the exception of Liz torching the entire lair of eggs and hounds at the end of the first film. It can easily be said that Cap, while bad ass in his own right, just doesn't have it in him to tank monsters like HB has.

Also, HB has better damage soak. I mean, he IS a demon, after all. When Rasputin died and the Behemoth swallowed HB, I think we can all assume that Cap, especially without a belt of grenades, of course, would be Bantha fodder. Hellboy was scathed, but not very.

Throw in HB's immunity to flame, his Enforcer, and the big ass stone hand and you have a clear victor.

marwash22
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/this/grand/30822954_this.gif

the ninjak
My moneys on Hellboy but Cap's shield is questionable in ability.

1. Cap jumped in the air and an explosion in the same vicinity sent his body out of a window and he landed on a car, crushing it beneath him and he got up looking a little worse for ware.

2. Bucky held the shield and got shot back via HYDRA weapon and ended up hanging for his life off a train.

3. And then you have Cap bracing himself for an attack from Thor. Thor leaping into the air and releasing an energy based attack directly against the shield and Cap underneath was fine.

Cap's shield legendarily is supposed to absorb any impact. Yet his fight with Loki showed he isn't ready for this fight.

Cap in Avengers was crushing Chitauri's throats and chests killing them on impact but they don't compare to Hellboy.

Hellboy showed decent agilty but even better fighting skills when facing that elf prince whilst drunk. That arm is durable and should be enough to block the shield if it was thrown or used directly in melee combat.

I don't think Cap would've lasted long against the dog hoards in the first Hellboy. Hellboy took damage from an ancient spear but I see that as being no different than Thor getting stabbed by one of Loki's daggers. Unique items designed through either magic or science to pierce their enemies. And the shield just doesn't cut it.

Hellboy wins this.

Impediment
Cap's vibranium shield would give a Hellboy a run for his money, I agree, but Hellboy does, indeed win.

lilshogun
Hellboy is waaay too durable and can withstand bullets. I don't see Cap taking this.

golem370
He also got head butted by a train and no serious damage.

Time Immemorial
Who wins?

ShadowFyre
I haven't seen Cap 2 but, Hellboy should win after a decent fight.He can one shot Cap if he gets rid of that shield.

FrothByte
After watching Winter Soldier, I'd have to say Cap. He was ridiculously agile in that movie. And if he can take on a guy with a bionic arm, he shouldn't have such a hard time taking on a guy with a rock arm.

Psychotron
I'm pretty sure Hellboy is a lot stronger than Bucky, but I haven't seen the movie.

Tzeentch
Steve had some pretty ridiculous durability feats in Winter Soldier (for a "peak human"wink. Falling a hundred feet and belly flopping onto pavement, falling a hundred feet and hitting the water after already being shot multiple times and surviving, getting hit by a grenade launcher and launched off of an overpass, etc... I'm not so sure Hellboy could one-shot him.

FrothByte
I don't think movie Cap was ever meant to be just "peak human". A lot of the abilities he displays is quite above peak human.

Anyway, if it was just feats from Cap TFA and Avengers, I'd say Hellboy. But I'd suggest everyone to first watch Winter Soldier and then decide, because that movie just gave me a newfound respect for Captain America (and Winter Soldier as well).

KingD19
For all of Cap's agility, keep in mind Red fought and was winning against Prince Nuada.

And was fast enough to block hits from Kroenen with ease.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
For all of Cap's agility, keep in mind Red fought and was winning against Prince Nuada.

And was fast enough to block hits from Kroenen with ease.

Yup, of course when Hellboy fights Cap we're assuming PIS won't be part of it (because realistically, Nuada should have easily sliced and diced Hellboy).

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Steve had some pretty ridiculous durability feats in Winter Soldier (for a "peak human"wink. Falling a hundred feet and belly flopping onto pavement, falling a hundred feet and hitting the water after already being shot multiple times and surviving, getting hit by a grenade launcher and launched off of an overpass, etc... I'm not so sure Hellboy could one-shot him. His best is arguably in The Avengers, when he is shot by a Chitauri rifle, which was disintegrating civilians.

Impediment
Already been done:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=565643&highlight=title%3AHellboy+forumid%3A102

Please use the search function. If you don't quite know how to, I'll gladly show you. smile

Time Immemorial
Can you combine the threads please?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t593481.html

Impediment
Merged.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.