Man of Steel vs. Godzilla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
We've had MOS vs. Kaiju. We've had Kaiju vs. Godzilla. We've had Avengers vs. MOS. We've had Avengers vs. Kaiju and vs Godzilla.

SO........

Now we have Man of Steel vs. Amalgamated Godzilla. Who wins?

Mindset
Godzilla is green.

Kryptonite is green.

Godzilla wins.

StealthRanger
Godzilla stomps

Time Immemorial
Goes inside him and rips him apart. The World Engine claws could barley keep him pinned down in a weakened state.

Psychotron
MoS. His speed is too much.

ares834
Once again people have no clue about Godzilla. In several movies he is far more than just a big monster.

Originally posted by StealthRanger
Godzilla stomps

Robtard
Superman would be very hard target for Godzilla to hit. Size+Speed+Flight.

ares834
Sure. Not saying otherwise. But it's pretty much a fly vs a full-grown man.

Time Immemorial
A extremely powerful, fast and indestructible full grown man. Ironman took out a leviathan from the inside, Perseus took out a scorpion from the inside as well as Kronos, Man of Steel took out the world engine from the inside. All large strong creatures and structures fail from the inside.

ares834
Getting inside Godzilla is one one of the worst things that can happen to Superman. Not only is Godzilla capable of releasing massive energy pulses throughout his body (FW) but he is pretty much a nuclear furnace. Hell, in Godzilla vs Destroyah the amount of energy and heat in Godzilla is causing him to meltdown and, were that to happen, the entire world would have been destroyed.

Time Immemorial
Flying through him at top speed wont work?

ares834
No. Not only is Godzilla far to durable, but Superman would be vaporized by planetary-level destruction energy. Plus Godzilla could heal up right away afterwards.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ares834
No. Not only is Godzilla far to durable, but Superman would be vaporized by planetary-level destruction energy. Plus Godzilla could heal up right away afterwards.

Roger that

Robtard
Nuclear meltdown Godzilla is not normal though.

But yeah, not sure MoS could do enough damage at one time to put Godzilla down considering Godzilla's durability, size and healing-factor. Be like trying to kill bone-claw Wolverine with a tiny knife.

Time Immemorial
How did they kill this Godzilla?

ShadowFyre
Oh fuuuuuuuck yes. Goodbye MOS. Let's start off with stats shall we?

ShadowFyre
Strength-mos was able to support a weight of roughly 5- 10,000 tons of metal wreckage falling on him. And I am being pretty generous with this weight. At this moment he basically passed out. Anyone saying otherwise is basically lying and you know it. That is what happened so just accept it.This still puts him in the very top of the strength department as far as comic book characters go.

Godzilla weighs in at 60,000 metric tons. He has lifted and slammed King Ghidorah who is 150,000 tons. He has thrown Kumonga who is 30,000 tons at a speed so fast that he disappeared from view in a matter of seconds.

Godzilla wins this. Hands down.

Speed. Is this necessary? MOS all day long. But Godzilla repeatedly tags objects going supersonic, so he is actually no slouch, but he is definitely outclassed.

Durability/Regen- MOS never had a scratch on him from other kryptonians. Took extreme amounts of punishment. Definitely top tier. Unfortunately, nothing even close to what the King has endured. Every one of Gojiras opponents strikes harder and with much more versatile attacks than anything MOS has ever been shown to muster.On top of nuclear strikes, lasers, antigravity beams, absolute zero cannon and many many more.

Throw in a hulk/wolverine level healing factor and even if Supes flew right through Godzilla he would be almost healed before Supes got all the way through. Superman literally has no attack that can seriously harm Godzilla let alone put him down.

Attacks/abilities- Superman has he at vision that can melt steel beams. Cool. He will not even penetrate Godzillas hide. He just can't bring the heat.
Godzilla- Gojira has been shown to put forth insane amountsnof heat and concussive force, enough to destroy meteors moving at hundreds of thousands of miles, close artificial black holes, and the back blast of the meteor destroying one leveled the entire metropolitan area of Tokyo. MOS simply has not been shown to even be in the same tier as the tier that is below Godzillas tier. Tear.

Gojira will have a hard time tagging MOS due to his size, but with his handy dandy omnidirectional nuclear pulse, this shall not be not be a problem. If this does not put Supes down forever, it will knock him down, and leave him one step away from death. And Godzilla has displayed more strength than all of the kriptonians combined, so one physical attack will kill Superman.

That is all for now. Everything I have stated is facts, I love Godzilla, not fond of comic supes but MOS is one of my favorite comic movies ever.
Reeves Superman would decimate Gojira no problem. MOS will be decimated in short order.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Strength-mos was able to support a weight of roughly 5- 10,000 tons of metal wreckage falling on him. And I am being pretty generous with this weight. At this moment he basically passed out. Anyone saying otherwise is basically lying and you know it. That is what happened so just accept it.This still puts him in the very top of the strength department as far as comic book characters go

I agree with everything you said but this part. He could not stop it because it was towering over him and buckling. A 6'2'' man no matter how strong you are cant stop a tower from bucking over with the ground giving way.

Its the same as Superman trying to stop that plane from spinning out of control and the wing gives way. Has nothing to do with the strength of the man, it has to do with the weakness of what he is trying to stop.

Was Man of Steel trying to stop the tower forever or just long enough to stop it to let the helicopter get away safely? I think the later.

Oil Rig Scene.

ixJsMRX2t6A

ShadowFyre
I agree with this, no matter how strong, he definitely lacks the leverage I will concede to that. But the fact stands, that he was under great strain lifting this weight and it lead to him passing out. But with no visible injuries, I would not classify this as a lack of durability or stamina either.

I am good with saying, this was a supes unaccustomed to ever using his full strength. And he had never been pushed this much. But, I highly doubt he would even be able to budge a creature that weighs between 10-15 times as much as this object and is also using its own massive strength.

ShadowFyre
Which reminds me.

Endurance/pain tolerance/heart- Supes fights for what he believes and displayed great stamina and pushing himself to his very limits in both the oil rig and world engine scene. Top notch, not many men can claim they have the heart of the MOS.

Godzilla has fought for hours and days while his entire insides were melting, he has fought off multiple opponents while being outclassed and has given chase around the world just to continue the fight. He will not stop and he will not tire until one of them is dead. He also has Supes beat in this dept.

ShadowFyre
And I am not saying Superman has no chance to kill or defeat Godzilla under his own power. I'm just saying he is ****ed is all.

Time Immemorial
I agree with this, no matter how strong, he definitely lacks the leverage I will concede to that. But the fact stands, that he was under great strain lifting this weight and it lead to him passing out. But with no visible injuries, I would not classify this as a lack of durability or stamina either.

I am good with saying, this was a supes unaccustomed to ever using his full strength. And he had never been pushed this much. But, I highly doubt he would even be able to budge a creature that weighs between 10-15 times as much as this object and is also using its own massive strength. Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Which reminds me.

Endurance/pain tolerance/heart- Supes fights for what he believes and displayed great stamina and pushing himself to his very limits in both the oil rig and world engine scene. Top notch, not many men can claim they have the heart of the MOS.

Godzilla has fought for hours and days while his entire insides were melting, he has fought off multiple opponents while being outclassed and has given chase around the world just to continue the fight. He will not stop and he will not tire until one of them is dead. He also has Supes beat in this dept.
And I am not saying Superman has no chance to kill or defeat Godzilla under his own power. I'm just saying he is ****ed is all.

Good stuff!

BruceSkywalker
Zilla stomps

Psychotron
It's amazing to me that people actually like those shitty Godzilla movies.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Psychotron
It's amazing to me that people actually like those shitty Godzilla movies.

Guess that's why some things have something called a "cult following".

ShadowFyre
And to be honest the Chris reeves movies were pretty damn cheesy as well.

ShadowFyre
And those shitty Godzilla movies must not be that shitty considering he has more movies made about him than any other character ever and is loved by people all over the world.

Psychotron
And to be honest the Chris reeves movies were pretty damn cheesy as well.

I never liked them to be honest. The only good superhero movies are Spider-man 1 & 2, X-men 1 & 2, Iron Man, Batman Begins, TDK, Blade, and Batman 89. The rest is trash.

And those shitty Godzilla movies must not be that shitty considering he has more movies made about him than any other character ever and is loved by people all over the world.

I've never met anyone outside of the internet that likes the Godzilla movies.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Psychotron
I never liked them to be honest. The only good superhero movies are Spider-man 1 & 2, X-men 1 & 2, Iron Man, Batman Begins, TDK, Blade, and Batman 89. The rest is trash.

I've never met anyone outside of the internet that likes the Godzilla movies.

Spiderman 1 & 2? Worst movies ever made. I never met anyone outside of the internet that likes those movies laughing out loud

Psychotron
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Spiderman 1 & 2? Worst movies ever made. I never met anyone outside of the internet that likes those movies laughing out loud

1 is pretty campy, but Dafoe is pure gold, and it's certainly better than ASM. Can't say the same for Godzilla.

marwash22
Superman via lobotomy. erm

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by marwash22
Superman via lobotomy. erm

laughing laughing

Thats what I really thought too, he would get inside his body or head and just start wrecking his insides, but apparently Godzilla has uber regen and durability.

marwash22
Supes doesn't have to go inside of his body, he can just stand on his head and let loose with the heat vision hot enough to instantly melt steel. 'Zilla's regen ain't doin' shit when his goddamn brain is getting turned into soup.

ShadowFyre
Negative . MOS heat vision wouldn't even come close to cutting through Godzillas hide, it has withstood much worse. Godzilla has swam through magma and endured heats MOS has never been shown to replicate. On top of a regen that outclasses Wolverine and Godzilla will be healing faster than Supes can dish out damage. If this was reeves supes then yeah. But MOS is severely outclassed in every category except speed.

Time Immemorial
Until we have better strength feats from MoS, its hard to tell, based off of of the other Kryptonians, Man of Steel is capable of producing the same feats. Did he chose to replicate all of them on screen, no, however he was still able to beat his enemies based on his own terms.

I think the the next movie they will take his feats to the next level, this movie as far as feats gets low balled a lot because of the oil rig scene as he was just developing his powers and it was not until his father told him to push himself to see how far he could take them. From that point on he kept getting better.

marwash22
the highest recorded magma is something like 2k degrees. Let's pretend THAT is what 'Zilla swam through.

the melting point for steel is around 2,500 degrees. Kal melted that steel i-beam instantly like it was butter... given that, it's obvious that his casual ray of heat vision is much hotter than 2,500.

do you have anything hotter than lava that 'Zilla has withstood?

Time Immemorial
the highest recorded magma is something like 2k degrees. Let's pretend THAT is what 'Zilla swam through.

the melting point for steel is around 2,500 degrees. Kal melted that steel i-beam instantly like it was butter... given that, it's obvious that his casual ray of heat vision is much hotter than 2,500.

do you have anything hotter than lava that 'Zilla has withstood?

Damn your smart as hell and quick!

ShadowFyre
Well, nuclear blast. Give that one a try. Blasts from other monsters that cut through entire skyscrapers compared to one single beam. But good call on the magma man. I didn't know that.

marwash22
I'd have to see the nuke feat to determine it's level of impressiveness. same goes for the blasts from the other monsters.

ShadowFyre
Well. I mean they destroy and melt entire skyscrapers. That is leagues above MOS regardless. And they also melt tanks on numerous occasions. I'm at work so can't really post videos . Also in Godzilla survived and remained unharmed from an impact that leveled the entire city of Tokyo. Seeing as how we can guage Superman's strength in MOS and Godzillas basically dwarfs his by a long shot going by actual feats. I feel comfortable saying that if Godzilla were to actually land a physical assault on MOS. It would be end game. Kryptonians can be killed by physical force and Godzilla surpasses that physical force by quite a bit. MOS is as of right now the weakest (but best film into) of on screen Supermen. And Godzilla is the most powerful of monsters to be on big screen and he is overpowered anyway. This is really just spite actually.

Time Immemorial
Zod brought that whole sky scraper down with his heat vision though.

ares834
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

You serious? Those movies were huge when they were released. They had tons of fans.

Supes doesn't have to go inside of his body, he can just stand on his head and let loose with the heat vision hot enough to instantly melt steel. 'Zilla's regen ain't doin' shit when his goddamn brain is getting turned into soup.

In GMK he was reduced to nothing more than his heart and he was still "alive".

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ares834
Sure. Not saying otherwise. But it's pretty much a fly vs a full-grown man.
Probably more like a flying monkey with laser vision that's been shrunk to the size of a fly but maintains its regular strength vs a man.

ares834
Not at all. Godzilla's strength and durability are far higher than MoS Superman's. ShadowFyre has already mentioned several feats that blow anything that Superman did out of the water but there are several others as well. For example, in Godzilla vs Mothra, Godzilla was hitting Battra so damn hard he caused a nearby volcano to erupt.

marwash22
pfft. All these feats mean nothing because 'Zilla would never in a million years come close to landing a blow.

at any rate, nothing you guys have said so far is convincing me that Superman can't just stand on 'Zilla's head and bore into his skull with heat vision until his brain is soup.

Zilla's strength is irrelevant, this comes down to whether or not Superman can get through 'Zilla's hide. i need the context of the nuke feat and the "survived an impact that leveled the entire city of Tokyo" feat.

ShadowFyre
Well there is also the nuclear pulse that is omni directional. And it seems like your just saying MOS wins without knowing anything about the opponent he is facing. MOS heat vision is nowhere close to what Godzilla faces on a regular basis. Not to mention, anti-gravity beams, plasma breath, massive telekinesis, uranium beams, supersonic winds that level skyscrapers. You name it The King has taken it and remained unscathed. MOS is just way out of his league in this match.

Psychotron
What's stopping Superman from just staying in the air out of Godzilla's reach, and spamming heat vision on Godzilla? Even if Godzilla has withstood worse it's going to eventually be affected by temperatures that can melt steel in a second.

Epicurus
at any rate, nothing you guys have said so far is convincing me that Superman can't just stand on 'Zilla's head and bore into his skull with heat vision until his brain is soup.
laughing out loud

What an ignorant squab.

Bentley
Super is more than capable of trashing Goji.

If MoS is not a glaring fail at depicting Kal's powers, he should win. We already know MoS is a glaring fail at many things, so who knows.

ShadowFyre
Not this Superman. If this is Burning, Millenium or Final Wars Godzilla. One nuclear pulse will put Supes on his ass and its game over. He has absolutely no way of seriously hurting him. His physical strength is useless here and his heat vision is being given a no limits fallacy here just because he is Superman. Godzilla has withstood things that have been way more destructive than his HV was ever shown to be, or Zods and not even had a burn mark on it. And everything I said is in the movies and facts. The monster can literally heal faster than Superman can dish out damage. At some point Superman will falter and lose.

Until someone shows the Superman from the movie Man of Steel either displaying Strength, durability, or heat vision capable of doing a helluva lot more than he, or any kryptonian has done with it he doesn't have the means to put the creature down and then said creature has the power to two piece Clark in the manner I presented. Godzilla would one-shot the movie Avengers if he was able to catch them in one blast so this is ok.

One has a plethora of movies, and abilities and feats. The other only has a single movie. This fight wasn't fair to begin with.

jinXed by JaNx
This is bullshit. MOS withstood the collapsing of a star...,a planet . what has Godzilla ever done?

jinXed by JaNx
Wait, I forgot, Godzilla can do super jump kicks...,my bad, he wins.

Epicurus
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is bullshit. MOS withstood the collapsing of a star...,a planet . what has Godzilla ever done?
When did Superman withstand the collapse of a star?

IIRC, Godzilla has been able to shut down a miniature black hole in Gojira vs Meguisaurus with his atomic breath, not to mention his spiral beam has also destroyed a planet(oid), so this is by no means a walk in the park for Superman.

Suffice to say, Kal is in the fight for his life here, one which he may very well lose.

marwash22
Originally posted by Epicurus
laughing out loud

What an ignorant squab. outstanding points! you have sold me.

Epicurus
outstanding points! you have sold me.
Glad that you've seen the light finally. Now just admit that Gojira wins this thread and move on.

ShadowFyre
When did Superman survive the collapse of a star in the movie Man of Steel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.