Von Doom vs Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
1. No Prep, All out Fight

Then

2. Three days prep for both, then fight again

Epicurus
Doom, easily.

DrDeadpool
Tony

Kazenji
Stark

that previous F4 Doom was a piece of shit.

KingD19
Also we see electricity just gives Tony a boost.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Kazenji
Stark

that previous F4 Doom was a piece of shit.
Based on what?

Epicurus
Originally posted by KingD19
Tony's armors were getting ripped apart by fodder superhumans in IM3. Lol at Doom being not able to one-shot this loser to kingdom come.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Epicurus
Based on what?

On watching those two films.

Epicurus
On watching those two films.
Then you would know that based on on-screen feats, Doom absolutely demolishes Tony.

Kazenji
Stop hyping up Doom

he wasn't that strong in those movies.

Utrigita
Iron Man ultimately faces the problem that he can't hurt Doom. Unless Tony has something in his arsenal that either resembles the surfers energy attack or Johnny's supernova then it's looking pretty grim from my perspective. His best hope would be to try and bfr Doom into a ocean or something similar. We also lack information on which armor Tony is wearing. If it's one of the two from Avengers it can be debated that Doom's lightning will just increase Tony's power, while if it's one of the armors from IM3, I think it's fair to assume that the lightning will at the very least do significant damage.

KingD19
Tony's armors were getting ripped apart by fodder superhumans in IM3. Lol at Doom being not able to one-shot this loser to kingdom come.

The armors themselves were more fodder than the Extremis soldiers. Don't ignore that Tony was extremely insomniatic and full of anxiety for the entirety of the time he was creating them. But we see how tough his actual armors are like War Machine and Mark 41(I think that's the Avengers suit)

And yeah, Doom wasn't all that strong. The first time he took Thing's strength and any actual force behind his blows seemed to be a taser effect from releasing electricity whenever he hit you.

Epicurus
The armors themselves were more fodder than the Extremis soldiers. Don't ignore that Tony was extremely insomniatic and full of anxiety for the entirety of the time he was creating them. But we see how tough his actual armors are like War Machine and Mark 41(I think that's the Avengers suit)

And yeah, Doom wasn't all that strong. The first time he took Thing's strength and any actual force behind his blows seemed to be a taser effect from releasing electricity whenever he hit you.
You mean to tell me that he used a different, weaker alloy to forge the armors? Where's your proof for this idea? Not to mention that the process of creating the armors was automated.

Lol, what is this crap? Doom was going toe-to-toe with the Thing as you noted in your post. What you didn't note was that Ben had enough strength to lift the London Eye in the 2nd movie. Which makes Doom going toe-to-toe with him an impressive h2h/strength feat.

Not to mention Doom's insane energy resistance/durability. Tanking a supernova that can kill all the life on Earth is by no means a small feat either.

Doom wins.

Epicurus
Stop hyping up Doom

he wasn't that strong in those movies.
Rewatch the F4 movies. Come back with an apology for me after that.

Impediment
Iron Man stomps Doom.

Both FF movies destroyed the greatness of Victor Von Doom and turned him into a throwaway dork.

Lestov16
Besides maybe the tri-beam, IDK WTF Stark has in his arsenal to take down Doom. The hits from Thing and near-supernova level heat Doom has withstood is beyond anything Stark has ever deployed.

Also, Doom is smarter since he was wielding cosmic energy-siphoning weapons and tachyon generators, whereas Stark was working hard just to build a new element.

NemeBro
Uh, Doom took a supernova-esque attack.

I am pretty sure he wins.

maxivitopowe
but how is he gonna hit him

he never showed that great mobility

sure I don't think Stark has the offensive power to put down Von Doom, but I don't think VD has the Range of Stark

Psychotron
Doom.

maxivitopowe
Also the reason the Extremis Soldiers were tearing up the suits was cos they were melting them

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Also the reason the Extremis Soldiers were tearing up the suits was cos they were melting them
And Iron man 3 suits were also weaker than his usual suits since he was making too many suits in a short time and also he didn't have enough sleep !!

maxivitopowe
is this established canon?

KingD19
He points that out very clearly to Pepper. He can't sleep so he makes extra suits in his spare time, and as a result their quality suffers. That's evidenced by how easy the E-Soldiers were taking down the extra suits, but they had trouble with War Machine.

maxivitopowe
when does he say that the quality is worse?

Time Immemorial
He points that out very clearly to Pepper. He can't sleep so he makes extra suits in his spare time, and as a result their quality suffers. That's evidenced by how easy the E-Soldiers were taking down the extra suits, but they had trouble with War Machine.

Lol, I think your just making things up at this point. His own suit could not with stand the heat. laughing laughing

Kazenji
No its real what KingD19 is talking about

you can find the clip online, They released it before the film even came out.

TH3_V01D
Doom murders Tony

Kazenji

Yeah he took hits from Thing meanwhile Stark survived a hit from Mjolnir and also a lighting blast

and yet people seem to think Doom's electric blasts can damage the Iron Man suit roll eyes (sarcastic)

Time Immemorial
Yeah he took hits from Thing meanwhile Stark survived a hit from Mjolnir and also a lighting blast

and yet people seem to think Doom's electric blasts can damage the Iron Man suit roll eyes (sarcastic)

Taking hits from Mjolnir is not a big feat anymore. Apparently this hands are stronger then his hammer in terms of damage. It takes out fodder but does not but any big guys down with real power for long. The hammer actually weighs nothing, as shown in Thor 2.

Epicurus
Lol, so he actually admitted to Pepper that they had lower durability as opposed to his regular suits? Even though the manufacturing process is automated and the gold-titanium alloy is what all suits use as their default armor.

What proof do you have for this notion?

Epicurus

The Arc Generator's plasma blast KO'd Iron Man. Thing held up the London Eye. Add two and two together and you get four.smile

Apparently the crappy quality of the films now translates to lowballing the sh1t out of the characters who have legit feats.

This is the same sh1t people pulled off with the Silver Surfer in that MoS vs Marvel thread. Completely ignoring his feats and presuming that taking out Surfer would be a walk in the park for Superman. laughing out loud

Epicurus
Is that why they were so easily able to steal the WM suit and imprison the President in it?laughing out loud

meep-meep
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Taking hits from Mjolnir is not a big feat anymore. Apparently this hands are stronger then his hammer in terms of damage. It takes out fodder but does not but any big guys down with real power for long. The hammer actually weighs nothing, as shown in Thor 2.

The scene where thor hangs mjolnir on the coat rack? That was clearly for comedic purposes.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by meep-meep
The scene where thor hangs mjolnir on the coat rack? That was clearly for comedic purposes.

How ever you want to classify it, hammer does not weigh what you think it does. Its based of who is trying to lift it. If anyone else but Thor is trying it weights infinite. If he is carrying it it weights nothing and its like an extension of his body, he does not notice it.

Mindset
Did people saying IM not even see the F4 movies?

Mindset

and yet people seem to think Doom's electric blasts can damage the Iron Man suit roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor's lightning damaged IM's suit.

Anyway, can't Doom absorb energy?

maxivitopowe
it was stated (by Odin iirc) to be made from the core of a star

Time Immemorial
it was stated (by Odin iirc) to be made from the core of a star

According to Marvel the weight of the hammer is 42lbs. Get off it.

TbdH28prqac

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
According to Marvel the weight of the hammer is 42lbs. Get off it.

TbdH28prqac
cool i'm willing to admit i'm wrong there

Time Immemorial
cool i'm willing to admit i'm wrong there

Kudos!smile

DrDeadpool
I'm pretty sure Tony's weapons will hurt Doom.

Firefly218
His weapons will 'heart' Doom? Will they ask for his number?

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by Firefly218
His weapons will 'heart' Doom? Will they ask for his number?
Lol that was both mistake of me and my cellphone.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Then you would know that based on on-screen feats, Doom absolutely demolishes Tony.

Not true though... Iron man gave Thor a good run for his money and that is above anything Doom ever showed in the movies

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Not true though... Iron man gave Thor a good run for his money and that is above anything Doom ever showed in the movies

Doom wrecked Grim and was about to kill him, till his friends came and saved him. Grim is above Thor in strength and durability based of screen feats.

Mindset
Not true though... Iron man gave Thor a good run for his money and that is above anything Doom ever showed in the movies IM really didn't do anything to Thor.

Doom could definitely replicate what he did.

Epicurus
Lol, he did nothing of the kind. Thor was holding back against IM as he didn't want to needlessly kill Tony. We see that when Thor gets serious, he can one-shot Tony.

Doom's electroblast on the other hand was felt by the Silver freaking Surfer, who would roast people like Avengers Thor and MoS Superman alive in a forum match.

Try to be realistic about this, instead of letting your hate for those godawful movies blind you with bias.

TheGrat1
Scenario 1: Tank Missle!!!
Plus this:
Scenario two: See above and can you say "'House Party' protocol."?

Epicurus
^You do realize that neither scenario is actually going to work in this matchup, right?

TheGrat1
^You do realize that neither scenario is actually going to work in this matchup, right?
What makes you think an AT missle won't kill Doom? He will literally explode from the inside out. Doom also has no way of harming him. Worst case scenario Tony throws him in the Marianas trench and watches him sink to the bottom.

Psychotron
Originally posted by TheGrat1
What makes you think an AT missle won't kill Doom? He will literally explode from the inside out. Doom also has no way of harming him. Worst case scenario Tony throws him in the Marianas trench and watches him sink to the bottom.

Are you serious? You think Stark's puny missile is going to hurt a guy who can go toe to toe with the Thing and tank supernova heat?

Kazenji
Depends on the missles.

TheGrat1
Originally posted by Psychotron
Are you serious? You think Stark's puny missile is going to hurt a guy who can go toe to toe with the Thing and tank supernova heat?
Comparing Thing's blunt fists to an anti tank missile is a mistake. One is basically a brick the other is a projectile designed to pierce armor and explode inside it.

1. Melting point has no discernible correlation to density in this instance, or did they happen to identify what material/element Doom's skin was or was closest to in the movie?

2. Johnny's "supernova" is just a fancy name for the attack. I believe Johnny got to 4000 kelvin when Sue said he was close to going supernova. However, when comparing that to an actual supernova she is off by millions of kelvin, not even close. It's not terribly impressive for a superhero either, scientists in RL have created temps of 10 million Kelvin in laboratories. Also, when he heats up Doom, Sue's force field does not completely enclose Johnny's attack but instead forms a cylinder with an open top. If Johnny had gone SN as Reed feared that would ignite the atmosphere then the atmosphere immediately above Johnny would have been ignited along with melted buildings and a gaping hole in the ozone layer I suspect. But none of those things happened so it is safe to say Johnny never reached or, based on Sue's 4000 kelvin is dangerous comment, never even began to approach a SN's temperature. He just had Doom's skin red hot. And I am quite sure ferric metals would liquefy instantly when exposed to millions of degrees.

Psychotron
Comparing Thing's blunt fists to an anti tank missile is a mistake. One is basically a brick the other is a projectile designed to pierce armor and explode inside it.

1. Melting point has no discernible correlation to density in this instance, or did they happen to identify what material/element Doom's skin was or was closest to in the movie?

2. Johnny's "supernova" is just a fancy name for the attack. I believe Johnny got to 4000 kelvin when Sue said he was close to going supernova. However, when comparing that to an actual supernova she is off by millions of kelvin, not even close. It's not terribly impressive for a superhero either, scientists in RL have created temps of 10 million Kelvin in laboratories. Also, when he heats up Doom, Sue's force field does not completely enclose Johnny's attack but instead forms a cylinder with an open top. If Johnny had gone SN as Reed feared that would ignite the atmosphere then the atmosphere immediately above Johnny would have been ignited along with melted buildings and a gaping hole in the ozone layer I suspect. But none of those things happened so it is safe to say Johnny never reached or, based on Sue's 4000 kelvin is dangerous comment, never even began to approach a SN's temperature. He just had Doom's skin red hot. And I am quite sure ferric metals would liquefy instantly when exposed to millions of degrees.

Considering Tony's tank buster's best feat is destroying a tank I think Doom can tank it just fine. And his Thing-level strength will be enough to destroy the armor.

TheGrat1
Considering Tony's tank buster's best feat is destroying a tank I think Doom can tank it just fine. And his Thing-level strength will be enough to destroy the armor.
He may be able to dent and crumple it but can he pierce it in one hit? That is the key component to Tony's missile. That's how HEAT (high-explosive anti-tank) rounds work. They create a small opening in armor and eject their payload inside killing anything that breathes.
The real question is: Is Doom's skin>than a tank's? Plus he could shoot Doom in the eye and i'm sure that's just as gooey as the next guy's.
Edit: That armor has tanked serious damage before. It will only take one or two hits before Stark realizes he can just keep his distance. In that scenario all Doom can do is amp him.

Psychotron
He may be able to dent and crumple it but can he pierce it in one hit? That is the key component to Tony's missile. That's how HEAT (high-explosive anti-tank) rounds work. They create a small opening in armor and eject their payload inside killing anything that breathes.
The real question is: Is Doom's skin>than a tank's? Plus he could shoot Doom in the eye and i'm sure that's just as gooey as the next guy's.
Edit: That armor has tanked serious damage before. It will only take one or two hits before Stark realizes he can just keep his distance. In that scenario all Doom can do is amp him.

If Doom gets a hold of Stark it's already over.

DrDeadpool
Are you serious? You think Stark's puny missile is going to hurt a guy who can go toe to toe with the Thing and tank supernova heat? Real Supernovas are almost 100 billion Kelvin (hotter than Sun's core) , they destroy planets, what happened in the movie isn't even near supernovas , I think nearest temperature to that in cosmos is temperature of the surface of sun , I'm pretty sure that Tony's Missiles will hurt him, he has other options too like Tri-beam.

Psychotron
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Real Supernovas are almost 100 billion Kelvin (hotter than Sun's core) , they destroy planets, what happened in the movie isn't even near supernovas , I think nearest temperature to that in cosmos is temperature of the surface of sun , I'm pretty sure that Tony's Missiles will hurt him, he has other options too like Tri-beam.

Obviously I meant Johnny's Supernova, not a real one. If Doom can tank shots from the Thing then I'm sure he can take a lot of what Stark can dish out.

Lestov16
Proof that any of Tony's weapons (including missiles and tri-beam) can produce heat similar to Johnny's?

Time Immemorial
Wasn't Doom's skin made of a metal stronger than anything on earth?

Nietzschean
Real Supernovas are almost 100 billion Kelvin (hotter than Sun's core) , they destroy planets, what happened in the movie isn't even near supernovas , I think nearest temperature to that in cosmos is temperature of the surface of sun , I'm pretty sure that Tony's Missiles will hurt him, he has other options too like Tri-beam. i want you to google lightning and the temperature it can reach in earth's atmosphere.

Time Immemorial
Tony was amped at 400% to fight Thor, under normal power. I don't think it would have gone as good for Tony.

Epicurus
Real Supernovas are almost 100 billion Kelvin (hotter than Sun's core) , they destroy planets, what happened in the movie isn't even near supernovas , I think nearest temperature to that in cosmos is temperature of the surface of sun , I'm pretty sure that Tony's Missiles will hurt him, he has other options too like Tri-beam.
The supernova was contained in Sue's forcefields. Not to mention that scientists have artificially produced temperatures far greater than even a supernova's in controlled laboratory conditions.

Epicurus
What makes you think an AT missle won't kill Doom?
The fact that Johnny's heat blast didn't do so?

He will literally explode from the inside out. Doom also has no way of harming him. Worst case scenario Tony throws him in the Marianas trench and watches him sink to the bottom.
laughing out loudWhat an ignorant quack.

TheGrat1
The supernova was contained in Sue's forcefields. Not to mention that scientists have artificially produced temperatures far greater than even a supernova's in controlled laboratory conditions.

The fact that Johnny's heat blast didn't do so?

laughing out loudWhat an ignorant quack.

1. I've already covered that Sue's forcefield did not completely enclose Johnny's attack. It was not supernova heat nor was it even close to it, get over it.

2. Unless Doom's insides are also made of metal I don't see how that is relevant. Just because you can heat up something made of metal does not mean you can destroy it outright. That's like saying you would prefer to use a 4000 kelvin flamethrower on a tank over a sidewinder missile. Ridiculous.

3. Yes, because you have demonstrated yourself to be an absolute authority on the subject so far... roll eyes (sarcastic)

When you can prove Doom's skin has greater resistance to penetration than a tank, talk to me. Until then Tony' puts a missile/bullet in his eye, goes home, and bangs Pepper.

Epicurus
1. I've already covered that Sue's forcefield did not completely enclose Johnny's attack. It was not supernova heat nor was it even close to it, get over it.

Once Sue had completed it, it completely enveloped his flames. So your first debunkment got debunked.

2. Unless Doom's insides are also made of metal I don't see how that is relevant. Just because you can heat up something made of metal does not mean you can destroy it outright. That's like saying you would prefer to use a 4000 kelvin flamethrower on a tank over a sidewinder missile. Ridiculous.

Doom's entire body had mutated into cosmic organic-metal. Or did you somehow miss the scene where the doctor who was analyzing Victor's mutating body noted that his tissue, organs and entire biophysical structure was changing?

3. Yes, because you have demonstrated yourself to be an absolute authority on the subject so far... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've done a far better job of it than you have, that much is a given.

When you can prove Doom's skin has greater resistance to penetration than a tank, talk to me. Until then Tony' puts a missile/bullet in his eye, goes home, and bangs Pepper.
Fun fact; tank armor is made of normal steel for your run of the mill, Soviet era tank that Tony blew up. Doom's skin was not only stronger than carbon steel and titanium(which themselves are stronger than regular steel), it was also harder than diamonds. Which essentially makes it pretty much the toughest material on Earth, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.