Meliodas vs. Fairy Tail guild

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
just like the title says. Meliodas from Nanatsu no Taizai fights the entirety of the FT guild.

scenario 1: does this in human form.

scenario 2: fights them in his demon form. FT also gets support from Jellal, Jura, and Sting and Rogue.

how does this go?

Esomark
How strong are the FT Guild currently? I did give the series a chance and read up to Vol. 30 but dropped it after that. I actually forgot the main reason why I dropped it but maybe I'll pick it back up again someday.

By the way, did you catch the latest NnT chapter? Damn, Helbram's true form as a fairy is insane! He could destroy the whole city if he wanted with those crazy roots and I really thought Diane was done for! Good thing King pulled an epic save just in time! Poor Diane, though. sad She's really suffering lately.

danteiscool
people like Erza top out at around town level+ iirc. and a majority of the strongest FT guild characters (including the ones mentioned in 2nd scenario) are roughly around that same level if not a bit below that, hence why it's only Meliodas by himself against all of them.

I sure did and I wholeheartedly agree. makes me wonder just why Helbram was keeping his true power hidden all this time. if he had gone all out like that against demon Meliodas then he wouldn't have had to use his Link power to power up.... shoot, I wonder if he can still use that ability in his true form... and yeah, Diane has just been getting beaten around like some kind of ragdoll!

Q99
The main ones are all noticeably stronger. Natsu has a 'lightning-fire dragon mode' that increases his firepower in addition to higher stats (Gajeel also got a similar upgrade). Erza has a new hax anti-magic armor. Lucy can do 2 summons at once, allowing for combo attacks and that super magic that she used to take out Angel back in Oracion Seis.

Non-main mages in Fairy Tail like Max (the sand-user) and such have also received significant upgrades and he's now fairly formidable (probably starting-Natsu level, maybe).

That said, I haven't read Nanatsu no Taizai so I still have no idea who wins ^^

danteiscool
it's a damn good manga, Q99. I think you'd like it quite a bit. and guys like Meliodas in his series tend to be at around small city level, possibly even actual city level and they have yet to regain their sacred weapons which would let them use even more of their innate power.

Esomark
Originally posted by danteiscool
people like Erza top out at around town level+ iirc. and a majority of the strongest FT guild characters (including the ones mentioned in 2nd scenario) are roughly around that same level if not a bit below that, hence why it's only Meliodas by himself against all of them.

I sure did and I wholeheartedly agree. makes me wonder just why Helbram was keeping his true power hidden all this time. if he had gone all out like that against demon Meliodas then he wouldn't have had to use his Link power to power up.... shoot, I wonder if he can still use that ability in his true form... and yeah, Diane has just been getting beaten around like some kind of ragdoll!

Hmmm, I really need to get back into Fairy Tail now.

As for the scenarios, I tend to think things can go either way in the first scenario. Meliodas is a beast and his Full Counter can reflect what the FT Guild has to offer but its drawbacks are that he can't launch any of his own attacks and it doesn't reflect physical attacks. If the guild play their cards right and get the drop on him, they could pull off a win. For the second scenario, I'm leaning towards Meliodas. He didn't even seem like he was being serious in the battle with Helbram and was casually tearing up the landscape without even trying to do so.

And yeah, I'm wondering why Helbram didn't go all out against Meliodas and it would be even crazier if he can use Link in that form. I hope Diane will pull through since she's one of my favorite characters though the fact she's close to unconsciousness could be a blessing in disguise.

it's a damn good manga, Q99. I think you'd like it quite a bit. and guys like Meliodas in his series tend to be at around small city level, possibly even actual city level and they have yet to regain their sacred weapons which would let them use even more of their innate power.

I second this. It has sort of an old-school feel to it and the battles exude huge amounts of intensity. It's also scary how tough the Sins are despite how we haven't seen them at their strongest.

Q99
How's his speed?

Esomark
Originally posted by Q99
How's his speed?

He's pretty fast. His OBD profile lists him as Mach 19+. When I have time, I'll post his speed feats or if anyone else wants to, go ahead.

It's amazing how powerful Nanatsu no Taizai is despite it's young age. It's above Hunter x Hunter easily (Togashi needs to really show the feats of the Zodiacs and Beyond Netero already) and can give Bleach and One Piece a run for their money.

Q99
Well, impressive! Sounds like he wins.

Hm... probably. Perhaps a couple Fairy Laws (both Makarov and Laxus using it) would have an effect.

danteiscool
possibly. the thing is, Fairy Law requires a good bit of waiting to use and Meliodas, as playful as he is, knows when things are gonna get serious and responds accordingly. not sure how fast the top tiers of the FT guild are, but Meliodas could probably pull a fast one on them. and his punches will do a ton of damage.

Esomark: yeah, good points made. but in demon mode, he can use Full Counter even when there is no attack to counter, so that's another plus to Meliodas in the 2nd scenario.

and yeah, Helbram probably should've just gone all out at that point, but didn't... maybe he was waiting to fight King?

danteiscool
and you know what? I just remembered something else here about demon Meliodas.

at the end of chapter 28 or 29, it showed Meliodas' shadow and it clearly was that of his full-on demon form. assuming that's how big it actually is, then that means the 'form' he took on while battling Helbram isn't even remotely close to that, something even Helbram pointed out when he noted that Meliodas was still transforming.

and he also made it clear that over the course of the battle, Meliodas was getting stronger too. so if he's that strong in a barely-started-to-transform-form, then his full-on demon mode must be much, much stronger.

Q99
possibly. the thing is, Fairy Law requires a good bit of waiting to use and Meliodas, as playful as he is, knows when things are gonna get serious and responds accordingly. not sure how fast the top tiers of the FT guild are, but Meliodas could probably pull a fast one on them. and his punches will do a ton of damage.

Law has a very wide ranged effect, though. So the bricks and badasses like Erza, Natsu, Gajeel, and of course *Gildartz* can be up front facing him, while Makarov and Laxus do their big spells.

danteiscool
true. it would depend on whether or not Meliodas can either beat them before Fairy Law is passed or if he can somehow get pass them in another way.

Esomark

Esomark: yeah, good points made. but in demon mode, he can use Full Counter even when there is no attack to counter, so that's another plus to Meliodas in the 2nd scenario.

and yeah, Helbram probably should've just gone all out at that point, but didn't... maybe he was waiting to fight King?

Not to mention, Meliodas split that mountain with a freakin' twig of all things. To think about if he had used his sword instead...*shudder*

Considering how Full Counter also amps reflected attacks, the guild will be in trouble for sure.

Maybe. I also thought it was odd how he said "I'm getting too old for this" when his true form doesn't look elderly at all. Aging also shouldn't really matter for a fairy either.

and you know what? I just remembered something else here about demon Meliodas.

at the end of chapter 28 or 29, it showed Meliodas' shadow and it clearly was that of his full-on demon form. assuming that's how big it actually is, then that means the 'form' he took on while battling Helbram isn't even remotely close to that, something even Helbram pointed out when he noted that Meliodas was still transforming.

and he also made it clear that over the course of the battle, Meliodas was getting stronger too. so if he's that strong in a barely-started-to-transform-form, then his full-on demon mode must be much, much stronger.

Forgot about that. Good observation there. NnT's power potential is quite something.

danteiscool
Yeah we definitely can't forget that particular moment. Makes me wonder what would have happened if he was using both hands too; he swung that stick with just one hand after all....

And Helbram's comment was probably just something to reflect how he mentally feels.

Esomark
Yeah we definitely can't forget that particular moment. Makes me wonder what would have happened if he was using both hands too; he swung that stick with just one hand after all....

And Helbram's comment was probably just something to reflect how he mentally feels.

He could've probably destroyed the whole mountain if he used both hands and his sword. There's also the brief shot from the past where he stands before Danafor's destruction. I wonder how deep that crater was?

Yeah, that's probably true. He also survived by the skin of his teeth there. I do hope for a rematch between him and Meliodas if King can't take him down.

I also picked Fairy Tail back up and I'm glad I did. I think part of the reason I dropped it was because I was getting burned out on shounen manga at the time and my brain can only hold so many series at a time but when I dropped some others I stopped caring about (Claymore and D.Gray-Man), there was room for Fairy Tail in my life again.

I guess we can re-open this match when both sides get more feats.

danteiscool
possibly. and as for that crater, it could've been due to the angle, but I sure didn't see the bottom of it.

yeah same here, but I think King is going to be the one to beat him for now; it's building up to be that way.

yeah, I get like that too. what FT arc are you at right now? cause the characters in the current arc are pretty strong.

oh yeah, and I heard that NnT is getting an anime adaptation!

Esomark
I picked up where I left off (Vol. 30) so I'm currently reading the Grand Magic Games arc. I remember Acnologia island busting but has anyone else besides him shown similar feats? That feat does put Fairy Tail above Nanatsu no Taizai in total destructive power but I think island busting isn't far-fetched for NnT since we're getting better feats all the time from it.

Yeah, I can't wait to watch it! That'll probably help get NnT more noticed as well.

danteiscool
I think someone did some looking-at at Acnologia's feat and found the island to be rather on the small side, so it's probably not that impressive. though that energy blast of his did have a pretty wide spread.

yeah, it definitely will. not sure when it's coming out though.

Werewolf582
Bump

Esomark
I think Meliodas still takes it unless Fairy Tail has done something uber in its last chapters. I haven't read it for a couple of months now.

danteiscool
Well they all have gotten noticeably stronger though it still would seem that Meliodas can tank their blows.

Q99
Originally posted by Esomark
I think Meliodas still takes it unless Fairy Tail has done something uber in its last chapters. I haven't read it for a couple of months now.

Well, Natsu's now near Gildartz level, and I'm guessing Gray and Erza aren't far from that.

Esomark
I forgot that Meliodas has recovered his Sacred Treasure which gives him the ability to create clones of himself. They aren't as strong as he is but they can still use Full Counter so he can handle multiple projectiles coming his way. One swing of the sword also turned an Albion's, a mountain sized golem, arm into sashimi.

danteiscool
Q99: true and Natsu recently one-shotted a 'god of war' in his verse, who seemed comparable to top tiers like Acnologia, though I could be wrong.

Esomark: also true, though his clones lose power with each one he makes. They will mainly have to rely on Full Counter to do much good.

Esomark
Read the chapters I missed earlier. Destroying the battle god was a good power feat for Natsu but that god was pretty slow.

danteiscool
By Fairy Tail standards, that is.

Markness
I think we can re-open this match once again now that Meliodas has his power back. Meliodas got back at Galan (They fought before and Meliodas lost) who is much stronger than a city busting golem and is on par with Monspiet who was able to generate a fire bird that burned through a mountain.

danteiscool
And from what I've heard, that flame bird was calculated to pack about 1.7 gigatons whereas Natsu's attack that OHKOed that war god was in the kiloton range.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.