MARVELS Strength levels vs what you think they should be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
Looks like we've got somewhat of a definitive strength level breakdown. What are your thoughts?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

pym-ftw
Not bad

DarkSaint85
According to that, I am Iron Fist/Hawkeye level.

I approve.

ShadowFyre
Its OK but once you get past 100 tons its hard to define who is stronger.

carver9
It's terrible. A lot of people are in spots they should not be at and going by that, she Hulk is stronger than a lot of people.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
According to that, I am Iron Fist/Hawkeye level.

I approve.

you can lift 300lbs over your head?
in the comics strength levels the definition of lifting is lifting that weight over your head with straight arms.

Decimus
It's seems to be quite accurate

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus, Thing, She-Hulk etc. Are stronger than Hyperion, Namor, Ulik, Ultron, Merged Hulk etc.? Lol.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus, Thing, She-Hulk etc. Are stronger than Hyperion, Namor, Ulik, Ultron, Merged Hulk etc.? Lol.

Hyperion I clearly don't agree with. But Sub-Mariner as on the surface unhydrated for 24hrs 10 tons, fully hydrated at 100 tons and Namor underwater having unequaled sgtrength. Ulik has always been 95 tons. Ultron I don't have any problem with. Merged HULK is listed in a calm state 100 tons I have no problem with.

Overall this is pretty spot on IMO.

carver9
It really isnt. Black Bolt 25 tons.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Hyperion I clearly don't agree with. But Sub-Mariner as on the surface unhydrated for 24hrs 10 tons, fully hydrated at 100 tons and Namor underwater having unequaled sgtrength. Ulik has always been 95 tons. Ultron I don't have any problem with. Merged HULK is listed in a calm state 100 tons I have no problem with.

Overall this is pretty spot on IMO.

Namor doesn't need to be underwater to be a class 100.

Ulik is not 95 tons. Not to mention he'd fold Colossus etc and some of others above him in half.

You have no problem with Ultron being 95 tons and below some of those other schmucks? Lol, he's class 100 in most incarnations and is at times a team buster.

Merged Hulk in a non-angry state is a peer to Thor and Superman. A crazy base level is one of the defining traits of that incarnation.

I'm sure I could find other blunders if i cared enough to look but from a quick browsing, that shit is far from accurate. Not to mention Ben, Jen and Peter have no business being in the class 100 tier.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by carver9

maybe he is and Gladiator is sub 30

DarkSaint85
That makes WWH about 35 tons.

I can get behind that reasoning.

Tony Stark
Namor doesn't need to be underwater to be a class 100.

Ulik is not 95 tons. Not to mention he'd fold Colossus etc and some of others above him in half.

You have no problem with Ultron being 95 tons and below some of those other schmucks? Lol, he's class 100 in most incarnations and is at times a team buster.

Merged Hulk in a non-angry state is a peer to Thor and Superman. A crazy base level is one of the defining traits of that incarnation.

I'm sure I could find other blunders if i cared enough to look but from a quick browsing, that shit is far from accurate. Not to mention Ben, Jen and Peter have no business being in the class 100 tier.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reading isn't your strong suit is it? Namor fully hydrated on the surface is 100 tons. YES, Ulik has ALWAYS been 95 tons I don't have access to my books right now but, maybe somebody can throw up a scan of Ulik in the official handbook of the marvel universe vol 2 #13. A calm merged HULK has never been on par with THOR and Superman you're high. As far as Ben, Jen and Piotr again, I'll go back to your lack of reading prowess have somebody read Ben's feats in his bio to you http://marvel.wikia.com/Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29

juggernaut74
Ben is in Namor strength class imo.

Branlor Swift
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reading isn't your strong suit is it? Namor fully hydrated on the surface is 100 tons. YES, Ulik has ALWAYS been 95 tons I don't have access to my books right now but, maybe somebody can throw up a scan of Ulik in the official handbook of the marvel universe vol 2 #13. A calm merged HULK has never been on par with THOR and Superman you're high. As far as Ben, Jen and Piotr again, I'll go back to your lack of reading prowess have somebody read Ben's feats in his bio to you http://marvel.wikia.com/Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29 You tell him Tony. Judy Bloom is above Rage level

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
You tell him Tony. Judy Bloom is above Rage level

wink

JuggernautMania
in my country people normally bench press 80 Kilograms. i bench press 100 kg and people are like wow thats a very good weight. i know very few people in my area that can bench press above 100 kg, several can go up to 120 but thats it thats the limit.

Epicurus
IIRC, an enraged and gamma-charged version of Jen was able to manhandle him and KO'd him with a 20000 volt live cable.

It's a stretch to say that he's a peer of Thor and Superman in a non-angry state, especially when the classic version of the character is one of the few(if not the only) examples of a Hulk being incapable of amping with rage.

Epicurus
It's terrible. A lot of people are in spots they should not be at and going by that, she Hulk is stronger than a lot of people.
Pretty sure that the list is based off powersets as these things usually go in wikias, and considering that Jen, as a Hulk, can amp off her rage, it's not really as off the mark as you're making it out to be.

Magog
They clearly list him as 1 ton (normal) and 60 ton (augmented)...and they give citations for each.

Can you please cite your 25 ton claim?

Rage.Of.Olympus
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reading isn't your strong suit is it? Namor fully hydrated on the surface is 100 tons. YES, Ulik has ALWAYS been 95 tons I don't have access to my books right now but, maybe somebody can throw up a scan of Ulik in the official handbook of the marvel universe vol 2 #13.

Yes, I know that Handbooks have always had Ulik at 95 tons. I'm telling you that it is STUPID and a leftover from the days when Thor was at 95 tons in the handbooks and since Ulik was his equal, he was at that level. So was Juggernaut and other characters, further highlighting how blatantly dumb these stats are.

A calm merged HULK has never been on par with THOR and Superman you're high. As far as Ben, Jen and Piotr again, I'll go back to your lack of reading prowess have somebody read Ben's feats in his bio to you http://marvel.wikia.com/Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29

Not completely equal but close enough to be there peer which puts him well enough into the class 100 category. What am I basing this off? Not off handbooks, but Peter David's 3 dozen issue run on the character where he routinely outperformed Savage Hulk and fought high end opponents like Norvell, Thor, Superman etc.

I'm not going to click a goddamn wiki link. no expression

I however DID forget that this list isn't based on relatively strength but lifting capabilities which makes it much worse as it implies Ulik can only lift 95 tons. Which is retarded because his original purpose of being at that level was due to relative level to Thor. A lot of characters like him and Wonder Man were ranked at 95 because they weren't quite as strong as Hulk/Thor, not that they could only lift 95 tons.

Anyways, it's pretty clear that this list is a worthless mess and only usable as a passing reference and even then, it's not good because anyone who reads comics knows that guys like Ulik, Hyperion, Merged Hulk etc. are way stronger then She-Hulk, Colossus etc. No idea why Zeus is at 90 tons either.

-K-M-
Seems they basically just used all the handbook ratings and the incalculable ones ignored their handbook entries. Meh!

basilisk
Yes, I know that Handbooks have always had Ulik at 95 tons. I'm telling you that it is STUPID and a leftover from the days when Thor was at 95 tons in the handbooks and since Ulik was his equal, he was at that level. So was Juggernaut and other characters, further highlighting how blatantly dumb these stats are.

Actually in that very first Marvel Handbook when Ulik & Thor were set at 95 tons, Hercules was already 100 tons while Juggernaut was limits unknown. Hulk was 90 at base, in excess of 100 enhanced. Abomination was 100 tons. Hyperion was 90. Subby was 75 in water and 40 being in air for a while. Colossus was 70 and Thing was 85. Nefaria was also listed as unknown but described as possibly exceeding Hulk.

But yes they changed the ratings after that.

The Sorrow
Seems like they are rankings for noobs.

Digi
Handbook strength level debates are like the flu of KMC. They come around about once a year and infect a percentage of our members, only to be dismissed and/or forgotten until the next wave hits. And we can never quite rid ourselves of it, because each new debate mutates slightly from the last.

Mindship
What I think they should be? Well, right off the bat, I don't think "normal" should mean being able to "lift" (this usually means pressing overhead) one's own bodyweight. In RL, that takes an exceptional amount of strength (the average, untrained male can usually do about half bodyweight, maybe a bit more).

Also peak human strength, for a weight-trained man about 220 pounds, would be about 330-370 pounds in the military press (a strict press, no jerking or back-bending), not 800 pounds. In RL, the man has yet to be born who can military-press even 600.

That's what I think it should be, for starters. I never liked Marvel's scales.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.