dislike eowyn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

undomiel
does anyone dislike eowyn?

Corran
No, not at all, why would you?

undomiel
ya I do not like her at all!

Dexx
?..what?...........going over you not providing any so desired REASONS, i'll go on and say that: I like her a lot. Even Miranda Otto's ok.

undomiel
I was just just stating my opinion because eowyn makes me soooo mad because she is trying to take aragorn
and we all know that aragorn loves arwen NOT EOWYN!!!!

Dexx
so what?...you'll never like an unavailable chick?

Ushgarak
I think I see the problem here..

You will be happier after ROTJ, undomiel.

Dexx
ooh...should i spoil it? evil face..eh?..eh?

Corran
The whole rebellion was happier after ROTJ, oh wait sorry Ush you meant ROTK, yes.

Ushgarak
Arse... you are right, yes. Grumble...

undomiel
i know what happens
if you read my other post you would know that I knew that

Captain REX
Okay...is this going anywhere?

If you know what happens, then why are you so pissed with her? It is just a story for crying out loud.

Julie
I think she's alright

Dexx
she even kills a nazgul. together with that fatty, but...what's the differencebig grin

mah
she's one of my favourites in the TTT movie

Captain REX
I agree with Dexx and Mah on that. We saw Arwen run from them, but kill one? I think not!

Dexx
run from who?

Captain REX
The Ringwraiths of course!

Dexx
oh..yeah....i had troubles remembering that chase, yah.

just in case: i was talking about eowyn killing a wraith

Captain REX
I know, but Undomiel is comparing Eowyn and Arwen, and Undomiel was saying Eowyn was crap, so I said that Arwen ran away while Eowyn killed the Witch-king and lived to tell the tale.

undomiel
so at least arwen was brave enough to take frodo and she was way cooler than eowyn when she said that thing in elvish to make the water trample the Ringwraiths smile

Captain REX
So at least Eowyn was brave enough to actually try and kill one, even though it could have maimed her for life.

undomiel
thats because eowyn was out of her mind

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
they are BOTH great characters. I can't compare them.
Arwen is an example of elven class. While eowyn prooves her intense human spirit.

Captain REX
True, but Arwen does go into battle much that I know of.

Originally PJ was thinking of including her in the Battle of Helm's Deep, but changed his mind because so many people would say he's horribly messed up.

Member.
eowyn in the movies is plain ugly, i'd thought the producers had more brains to find a hot actress.

Captain REX
Yes, I thought like that too. Still a great character despite the looks.

Dexx
what are you talking about...she's perfect for the role. She's not ugly at all.

he would've been.

mah
no, miranda otto is pretty

Ushgarak
Bah- anyone who needs a Hobbit to help the, beat ANYTHING loses all their style points, in my opinion. And this coming from a Rohirrim freak like me!

Dexx
well..hobbits had always had a key role in lotr.
Tolkien must have had something with tiny hairy menstick out tongue

Captain REX
laughing out loud

troy
since WHEN did eowyn try to "take" aragorn?? She likes him, sure, but hasnt made a play for him at all! And she KNOWS he loves another, that's why she asked him about who gave him the pendant... der...

Dexx
Oh..i'll tell you why. Undomiel probably likes aragorn for herself stick out tongue and therefore she's gealous on anyone who might hit on him. But she likes arwen because she knows she's Aragorn's chosen.

there...that must be it..yeah...sounds credible.big grin

Captain REX
Credible...but incredibly corny.

undomiel
If your going to put me down at least spell your words right

Dexx
touche!

Captain REX
What did I spell wrong? I see no spelling errors. Even if there are, not a very good comeback anyway. You've made many errors as well.

Mithrandir
you spelled jealous wrong, thats all

undomiel
dont flatter yourself rex I was talking to dexx not you
and please tell me what errors I have made because I would really like to know

Dexx
i doubt you want to take it this way either. I'm aware of my mistakes...but...english is my second language, you see.
What country are you from?

Captain REX
Mostly punctuation errors. big grin

Yep, Dexx uses second-hand English.

undomiel
what is that supposed to mean?

Captain REX
What is what supposed to mean?

If you mean the "Mostly punctuation errors," you don't use . and , and ' every much.

If you mean the "Yep, Dexx uses second-hand English," English is his second language, so he doesn't speak it as fluently or type it as fluently as Americans or British.

Dexx
but i do try...*sobs*

Captain REX
There, there...

undomiel
Im not making fun of him
it just makes me mad when people try to put me down and dont even spell their word right

Dexx
we were through this already. Considering that i don't get the same experience in this language as you do every day, i'd say i'm doing alright. AND it's not as bad as for you not to understand what i mean..and that's what counts...so be as mad as you wish.

Do you speak a second language?

Captain REX
I certainly don't.

Dexx
i hope she doesn't wither....because i can use my "my english is better than your romanian" linebig grinstick out tongue....though i know and am perfectly ok with the fact that no-one needs to know romanian....except romanians.

But then i don't want her discussing my spelling while i talk in my second language and she in her first...there!

undomiel
ok Im sorry I really did not know you spoke a second language

BlackScorpion
*grins* My first language is Flemish (dutch: NOT german) and my second language should be French. Strange enough English appears to be my second language.. I wonder how this would come.

*stares at tv and internet..* hey wait a moment!

Dexx
*barely looks down at undomiel*...hmm...you are forgiven. Afterall..you are just a mortal. big grinstick out tongue

ooh..i almost know french....i mean...about 100-200 wordsbig grin
Not to worry...the google language tools do all my homework for me.

cermiestar
Hello! i am back. Eowyn RULES! she's one of the best kick-ass female characters.....ever. She wants to fight but there is more than a tomboyish nature too. She's cold and sad but she falls in love and it seems to make her happy but it's with a man she can't have and it is very sad when you read it....but she's fine in the end. Anyone who disagrees is well....get out this forum. kidding. it's a free country....right?

Dexx
*remembers snatch*
"but it ain't a free board..so **** off"...stick out tongue laughing out loud

cermiestar
Hey! Language!
lol

thelotrlovr15
Eowyn didn't know that Aragorn was in love with someone else until she saw Arwen's necklace thing... But at the end Aragorn is crowned king and marries Arwen because she leaves her family to be with her...
After Denethor kills himself thinking that Faramir was dead ( he actually was injured very badly) Faramir and Eowyn wed eachother and so everyone lives happily ever after...
Plus Sam has a baby with Rosie... and he has the last words in the ROTK

Captain REX
"Well, I'm home." Or something like that.

Yes, Eowyn is one of those classical love stories, only with the twist that she wants to go kick some Orkish ass.

Dexx
those are major spoilers, you know. There are people here that haven't read the books

Captain REX
Point taken, but not cared about. big grin

thetwotowers
UGH!! I HATE HER SO MUCH. when she turns around with the sword and looks at Aragorn, she looks like a deer in headlights...gimme a break...one of ur favorites in TTT?? UGH

Orlando Bloom smile

Captain REX
Yep, you're a girl aren't ya. We've got a thread for Orlanda Bloom fans already...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

undomiel
YES!!!!!!!
at least thetwotowers knows what she is talking about!!
I hate Eowyn!!!!

undomiel
oh ya
and thanks to me we have the thread for orlando bloom fanssmile

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
oh..a true hit, that thread, yesss.

Captain REX
Especially with you Dexx. stick out tongue

Dexx
yees..i have a touch for these things

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Evy_O
Why hate Eowyn?
She's ok I guess... Brave and loyal... Rebbelious. I like her. big grin

jimbo3
I don't dislike Eowyn. Agree with Evy O.

I never got the feeling that Eowyn liked Faramir enough to marry him.

Lindiel
Actually, I dispise Arwen and think Eowyn is the best. Why do you ask? *AHEM!*

Arwen is a horse theif (is it says in my sig)
Arwen also stold Glorfindel role
Arwen almost went to the battle of Helm's Deep. Had she actually done that, I would have attacked the screen.
Arwen is mixing up her movies. She should not have been in the Two Towers at all.

Now, I know lots of you adore Arwen for some reasons unknown to me. I'm not saying Arwen is ALL bad..... just... mostly!!

Bespin Bart
That's the spirit. big grin

undomiel
EXCUSE ME EOWYN IS HORRIBLE!!!!
and this is a page for people who hat eowyn not arwen
so please if you like eowyn that much you can start your own page for eowyn lovers

mah
No, do post your every thoughts about eowyn here, I'm sure everyone would appreciate if there was no explosion of threads about every characters positive and negative sides.

Phoenix
I like arwen AND eowyn... although I was a bit miffed when arwen stole glorfindels role in the movie... but she was v. cool tho, and that made her into a real warrior, not a 'save me save me' gal

Lindiel
I'm just stating my oppinion. Besides, you brought it on yourself. You are the one who started posting about how much you love Arwen. What would you expect me to do? Honestly.

billyboyd4ever
omg dont EVER dis arwen. eowyn sucks! she is trying to steal aragorn from arwen, who sacrafices a life a paradise for aragorn. would eowyn even consider doing that? i think not. i dont like eowyn in the movie, and i didnt like her in the book.

undomiel
that is so true
go caitlin!smile

billyboyd4ever
haha thanks kendall

undomiel
your welcomesmile

billyboyd4ever
Tho i would like to say that i have nothing against miranda otto. she is a very good actress and should be congratulated on even making such a wonderufl film as lord of the rings. i would kill to have that part, even tho i hate it

cermiestar
so u don't actually hate eowyn? just jealous?

billyboyd4ever
um no, its just i wouldnt care what part i had in LOTR, as long as i was in it. thats what i was saying

undomiel
ya she is a good actress
I just hate the character eowyn!

cermiestar
so why do u hate eowyn?

undomiel
have you not been reading everything else I have been posting on this page?

Lindiel
Ah, but Eowyn's small offenses are minicule compared to Arwen's. First of all, as I have said before, at least Eowyn isn't a horse theif, nor does she steal other's roles. Arwen should not have came to Frodo's rescue, and even though she did, she should not have gone with him to the ford. She should not have even considered going to the Grey Havens. She should not be fighting in battles or fighting at all. I will admit that Eowyn should not be all over Aragorn, but he should not be al over her. I much prefer both Arwen and Eowyn in the books. Heck, I prefer the books all around. But please, before you go off ranting on Eowyn and say how wonderful Arwen is, GO LOOK AT WHAT ARWEN DID!

Captain REX
*handclap*

undomiel
Arwen is not a horse thief ! maybe she didnt do that in the book but she DID do that in the movie. GET OVER IT!
um and Aragorn was never all over Eowyn

billyboyd4ever
kendall, i totally agree w/you but this argument is kind of going nowhere as far as i can tell

undomiel
I know I should just forget about it because as far as I can see nobody can win smile

Lindiel
Fine, then let's just end this argument right here and now and settle that the books are better and Peter Jackson needs to go read then again.

Charmed one1154
eyown is a dumb ***** i dont know if any one realized she was like so going after Aragorn and he & arwen are in love that is why she is a dumb *****

undomiel
um....ya

billyboyd4ever
ok...lets refrain from profanity...geez

billyboyd4ever
I agree that the books are better but for such a complex story i think peter jackson did extremely well

undomiel
ya me to smile

Evy_O
I agree with BillyBoyd. Movies are a different thing, they might seem boring to a non-Tolkien fan or to someone that has never read the books.
Besides, it's better not being a Tolkien Purist. It's not fun.

Fire
PJ did a hell of a job with his movies
noone can deny that ofc he adapted the story for screenplay, yes he gave arwen a greater role than she has in the book but still

and have none of you eowyn dislikers ever fallen in love with someone who was in a relationship at that time?
I still think you are all very hard on the girl, just because she fell in love with aragorn????

Jesus Christ that's harsh I think, I would kinda feel sorry for her and imo she behaved quite nicely, you can go a lot further in such a case (have been there so speaking from some experiecen)

mah
Em..no

Izz
I like Eowyn, she's very brave and stuff (especially for a woman), but I hate the over-dramatic piece with the cage thing. But I still like Arwen better. Nothing beats an elf!

undomiel
ya nothing can beat an elf smile

Lindiel
I do agree that Peter did a good job with adapting the movies, but I think he could have done better, but I'm picky when it comes to such things. At least they are better then the cartoons.... *shudder* Legolas looked like a girl in those.

undomiel
uh Id like to see you try to make a movie as big as LOTR

billyboyd4ever
you guys are alwyas AGRUING!!! or at least it sounds like it!

mah
And this is finito methinks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.