Speed VS Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
1) Which has more advantages/disadvantages
2) What would you rather have

pym-ftw
Do both come with super durability?

Strength should give you super speed(hulk jumps); super speed should give you super strength(Toad/Quicksilver)

JuggernautMania
depends on who you fighting.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk also runs really fast now. Before Waid, it was either rare or happened only in the Ultimate Universe (or Ang Lee's Hulk).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Do both come with super durability?

Super durability should give you super strength stick out tongue

Anyway, I'd pick speed.

pym-ftw
I'd take strength as long as my body can take the strain

God Cloth Seiya
Speed

NemeBro
Originally posted by python99
1) Which has more advantages/disadvantages
2) What would you rather have In real life, speed would be better, assuming we're talking high level.

But in comics speed is the most underrated power there is, so probably strength.

DarkSaint85
Speed.

Ch0$en One
Going with speed here

h1a8
We must assume that one has the durability to use his strength and speed, otherwise this would be a pointless discussion.

Speed is like having the ability to stop time and do whatever you want.
With speed, the force of your punches could be astronomical since kinetic energy is 1/2 mass times velocity squared.

Silent Master
Since you like trying to use the 'IRL' argument, dont forget that you'd go insane because you wouldn't be able to interact with anyone ever again, seeing as they'd all be statues to you.

Stoic
Strength for me. It would make me super fast... uhm wait a second. This is a redundant subject. In reality the fastest would likely be the strongest, if unaided by some force from beyond the veil. It takes muscles to run fast. It takes super muscles to run super fast.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
Since you like trying to use the 'IRL' argument, dont forget that you'd go insane because you wouldn't be able to interact with anyone ever again, seeing as they'd all be statues to you.

Do you know how to use the quote function? What is your debate in this argument?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Since you like trying to use the 'IRL' argument, dont forget that you'd go insane because you wouldn't be able to interact with anyone ever again, seeing as they'd all be statues to you. correct unless my mind is also affected and changes (is wired differently) to be ok with it.

Keeping my same mind (don't like waiting and can't understand statues) then you are right.

Maybe if I had the option to turn off super reflexes.

Mindship
Hard to say, without knowing How strong / How fast. But generally, I'm leaning toward strength. If nothing else, it's easier on clothing/footwear, plus, some things you don't wanna do fast (essentially, things you enjoy).

Terryc250
Originally posted by h1a8
We must assume that one has the durability to use his strength and speed, otherwise this would be a pointless discussion.

Speed is like having the ability to stop time and do whatever you want.

No it's not unless you have a higher level of perception/reaction time, etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.