The Shingeki No Kyojin live action, Japanese did the right thing chosing Asian cast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kajune
There seems to be many westerners complaining about Japanese action of using Asian cast for the Singeki No Kyojin live action, those westerners are claiming that Shingeki No Kyojin characters are based on westerners. Of course their claim are nonsense because no matter what hair colors, eyes colors, story setting, etc of the Anime characters their facial & body still based on Asians facial & body form which make them still as Asian characters. Just because the story setting are set in the west, did the characters facial & body form of Shingeki No Kyojin are suddently changes from almond shaped eyes, small nose, round face, sharp jaw and smallish body form into deep set eyes, long nose, square face, square jaw and big wide body form ? Obviously no, the characters are just typically look the same as other Anime characters from other Anime, so Japanese did the right thing of using Asian cast. Just like what have been explained in here http://www.antiwc.net/group/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3069

What do you think about this?

Robtard
Originally posted by Kajune

I think you need to step back and really consider why you dislike "Westerners" so much.

Ask yourself: "Are Westerners responsible for my crippling penile envy?"

Shakyamunison
There seems to be many westerners complaining about Japanese action of using Asian cast for the Singeki No Kyojin live action, those westerners are claiming that Shingeki No Kyojin characters are based on westerners.

I have never heard any "westerners" complain that "Shingeki No Kyojin characters" are "asian" when they should be "westerners". As a matter of fact, I have never heard anyone say anything about "Shingeki No Kyojin characters".

Of course their claim are nonsense because no matter what hair colors, eyes colors, story setting, etc of the Anime characters their facial & body still based on Asians facial & body form which make them still as Asian characters.

Anime characters don't look "western" or "asian". They look like strange aliens that are trying to look like humans, but fail.

Just because the story setting are set in the west, did the characters facial & body form of Shingeki No Kyojin are suddently changes from almond shaped eyes, small nose, round face, sharp jaw and smallish body form into deep set eyes, long nose, square face, square jaw and big wide body form ?

What?! I have a friend who was born in the US, and he fits the "asian" look. I wonder if it has anything to do with heritage. Let me give you a clue: People of all races live in the "west".

Obviously no, the characters are just typically look the same as other Anime characters from other Anime, so Japanese did the right thing of using Asian cast. Just like what have been explained in here

Good for them. I don't care.

I think you are too worried about stupid stuff, and you are bordering on racism. That is what I think!

Kajune
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/02-1/attack-on-titan-live-action-films-eren-casting-confirmed

See how many westerners there complain about what I said. As for your friend who you claim to look like Asian, I'm sure you are jus hallucinating because only those who are born with pure Asian blood could be/look like how peoples define someone as Asian looks like.

Shakyamunison
...See how many westerners there complain about what I said. As for your friend who you claim to look like Asian, I'm sure you are jus hallucinating because only those who are born with pure Asian blood could be/look like how peoples define someone as Asian looks like.

What the f**k?

Pure Asian blood? Is there an asian form of the KKK that you are a member of?

ThorinWoofer
WTF is it with this idiot?

Robtard
As for your friend who you claim to look like Asian, I'm sure you are jus hallucinating because only those who are born with pure Asian blood could be/look like how peoples define someone as Asian looks like.

Clearly the main character of the Manga is "pure Asian" with his very large green eyes smile

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130507160504/shingekinokyojin/pl/images/4/48/Eren.png

NemeBro
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/02-1/attack-on-titan-live-action-films-eren-casting-confirmed

See how many westerners there complain about what I said. As for your friend who you claim to look like Asian, I'm sure you are jus hallucinating because only those who are born with pure Asian blood could be/look like how peoples define someone as Asian looks like. Most people are just talking about how hot the actor is.

Kajune, I'm growing weary of you. Post a picture of yourself and your contact information. When I have the time, I'm flying to your country to beat you to death.

Barker
Why do people enjoy these chinese cartoons so much?

Stealth Moose
only those who are born with pure Asian blood could be/look like how peoples define someone as Asian looks like.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img4/20110720/640/asian_nazi_wedding_640_01.jpg

Also, you're a bloody moron. Asia is not "just Japan" or "Japan and some of the main-landers who look kinda like Japanese".

Go play in traffic.

jaden101
The war's over. You lost. Let it go.

jaden101
http://m.vice.com/read/b-style-japan-desir-van-den-berg-photos?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Stealth Moose
White people did it worse first.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
http://m.vice.com/read/b-style-japan-desir-van-den-berg-photos?utm_source=vicetwitterus

LoLz

AuraAngel
Isn't Mikasa explicitly the only Asian left alive in the series?

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Isn't Mikasa explicitly the only Asian left alive in the series?

Yes. They actually made a big deal out of it in a couple of parts

Dramatic Gecko
Oh! Attack on Titan! I was wondering for ages wtf yous were talking about. Lets put one thing out there, the only Asian who looks remotely like an anime character is Brock from pokemon. And why the hell would they even make a movie. All we need is the TFS Abridged Series.

Do you know why they made the movie only with Asians? Because it was made in Japan!

That ACDC Chick
Sie Sind Das Essen Und Wir Sind Die Jager

Kajune
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Oh! Attack on Titan! I was wondering for ages wtf yous were talking about. Lets put one thing out there, the only Asian who looks remotely like an anime character is Brock from pokemon. And why the hell would they even make a movie. All we need is the TFS Abridged Series.

Do you know why they made the movie only with Asians? Because it was made in Japan!

Wrong, there is a live action made by Japanese that is not from Anime where some of the cast are westerners. So nope it is not because SNK live action is made in Japan as the reason why the cast are Asian cast.

Bardock42
Shingeki No Kyojin is so ****ing good.

I did not know there's going to be a live action version, I am excited.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42

Wow! I actually found someone who gave a sh*t!

Kajune

I heard it will be done at the end of this year.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Wow! I actually found someone who gave a sh*t!

Oh man, it's really good. I watched the whole anime in a day, then read the whole manga in another. So good.

I heard it will be done at the end of this year.

That's exciting, I should really watch more live-action anime adaptations. I want to practice my Japanese more anyways (cause I'm a terrible slacker).

Kajune
Oh man, it's really good. I watched the whole anime in a day, then read the whole manga in another. So good.

That's exciting, I should really watch more live-action anime adaptations. I want to practice my Japanese more anyways (cause I'm a terrible slacker).

A good Anime live action would be something like Rurouni Kenshin which made by Japanese.

Bardock42
Well I definitely agree that american efforts to adapt anime, and cartoons in general, have been less than stellar. Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender in particular have made me sad beyond words.

That ACDC Chick
They're also getting two new films that compile the entire first season into two films and the original VAs will be redoing the lines. On top of the live action film. and the dub which will air on Adult Swim May 3rd.

NemeBro
Shingeki No Kyojin is babby's first anime garbage tier.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NemeBro
Shingeki No Kyojin is babby's first anime garbage tier.

No, wrong. Wrong and stupid. Wrong, stupid and **** you!

NemeBro
I was trying to bait Kajune.

Now that he's gone, my bait serves no purpose. It will sit here for all eternity, festering and rotting as it goes uneaten.

God is dead.

theamazing608
Good i love its manga smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.