New republic VS the old republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Basically Galactic Federation Of free alliances vs The old republic (prequal trilogy era) who would win? The old republic has clones. The new republic is similiar to the republic 3,000 years before the battle of yavin?

Nephthys
I can't remember how much the New Republic has improved in terms of tech, but I believe the Prequel era had a lot more Jedi than Lukes order does.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Nephthys
I can't remember how much the New Republic has improved in terms of tech, but I believe the Prequel era had a lot more Jedi than Lukes order does. the new jedi order during 138 ABY when it was well established and matched the numbers of the old jedi order

Q99
138 ABY their number shouldn't equal the old one, a purge just cut their numbers in half. Though on the plus side the Imperial Knights are also part of the Alliance by that time.

128 ABY or so would be the Luke's order Jedi's number height, at probably 10k or so.

The Jedi as-of the Vong war were somewhat over a hundred, Dark Nest 200, and I think by the Abeloth incident were 500 or so.

Imperial and post-imperial ships tend to be bigger and more gunny than their CW counterparts (a ISD or Mon Cal cruiser solidly outmatches a Venator, it'd probably take 2:1 odds for the OR big ships to win. The fighters, similarly, well outmatch their counterparts. They're faster, more maneuverable, and tougher), and they're much more experienced at war to boot.

On the flip side, their industry has taking some pounding that takes awhile to recover from (both the Civil War, and then the Vong). They shouldn't be able to crank out new stuff at the same rate.

Legacy-era Alliance ships shrink down again, at least the GA ones, but have so much pound-for-pound firepower it's not funny (A Scythe class is maybe the side of an Acclamator, but has more firepower in it's front arc than an ISD or Mon Cal can put out).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.