Which fts are more important, combat fts or space cheese fts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which is more impressive, combat showings (taking on a group of Heralds, beating powerful opponents, etc...) Or cheesy fts (moving a planet, igniting stars, surviving a black hole)?

If character A has a showing of consistently running through Heralds. Fighting against powerful teams while character B has consistent showings of moving planets, and surviving swimming through stars, etc, which would be more of a high showing?

Three questions here. All doesn't need to be answered since it follows the same path.

Which showing would put you in a highier tier?

Discuss!!

Branlor Swift
A nice combo of both is good.

Though if you have only space cheese and no actual feats, then that's an issue. You can do without space cheese, you can't do without combat.

StiltmanFTW
Combat ones. It's pretty obvious.

DarkSaint85
So what happens with characters like Living Tribunal?

Space cheese feats - plenty.

Combat feats - dead on the moon.

DarkSaint85
I say it depends on the character.

Combat feats are usually shown by baddies. How do you show how powerful Black Adam/Despero/Superboy Prime/Doomsday/Gorr/Voidtry is? You have them run a train on your fav heroes.

These guys will brutally smash and rip their opponents apart.

How do you show how powerful Superman/Thor is? You can't have them bullying large groups of villains, well, you could, but it would quickly get boring. Haha look as Superman defeats an entire army....again. Stay tuned next month when he does the same, only with a different army!

Enter, space cheese feats. He needs to save a world - he pushes it out of the way. Hyperion is a doomed last survivor - two universes explode on him.

Rao Kal El
Both balanced

See who performs the vs feat and who is jobbing

Because of jobbing combat feats and space cheese are tricky, but space cheese feats usually (not always) do not job to characters like Spiderman, Captain America or Batman.

So Space cheese will be basically not be given to those who cannot perform them, while combat feats will be given even if logically they will not be able to perform it.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So what happens with characters like Living Tribunal?

Space cheese feats - plenty.

Combat feats - dead on the moon.

Wouldn't characters like him, wouldn't he be automatically excluded from a debate like this?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Wouldn't characters like him, wouldn't he be automatically excluded from a debate like this?

Why?

He's not THAT powerful, that he can't be laid out, dead, on the moon.

abhilegend
Combat feats of course.

Bentley
Space Cheese. This a space cheese forum after all.

erm

Lock this thread.

carver9
Why?

He's not THAT powerful, that he can't be laid out, dead, on the moon.

But he lacks both but when it comes to hierarchy, we know where he stands.

DarkSaint85
Fair point.

I stand by this:

Combat feats are usually shown by baddies. How do you show how powerful Black Adam/Despero/Superboy Prime/Doomsday/Gorr/Voidtry is? You have them run a train on your fav heroes.

How do you show how powerful Superman/Thor is? You can't have them bullying large groups of villains, well, you could, but it would quickly get boring. Haha look as Superman defeats an entire army....again. Stay tuned next month when he does the same, only with a different army!

Enter, space cheese feats. He needs to save a world - he pushes it out of the way. Hyperion is a doomed last survivor - two universes explode on him.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Both balanced

See who performs the vs feat and who is jobbing

Because of jobbing combat feats and space cheese are tricky, but space cheese feats usually (not always) do not job to characters like Spiderman, Captain America or Batman.

So Space cheese will be basically not be given to those who cannot perform them, while combat feats will be given even if logically they will not be able to perform it.

thumb up

In my opinion, combat feats are (as a whole) not an accurate indicator of overall power level...

Too much PIS/jobbing occurs; Batman shouldn't have a prayer agast the justice league, but he beat them; if power level was based solely upon combat feats then the Pro-Batman peeps would argue that hes a Herald when nothing could be further from the truth...

Now I'm not saying that combat feats dont matter; they are a factor...but there are other factors that must be considered as well...

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

In my opinion, combat feats are (as a whole) not an accurate indicator of overall power level...

Too much PIS/jobbing occurs; Batman shouldn't have a prayer agast the justice league, but he beat them; if power level was based solely upon combat feats then the Pro-Batman peeps would argue that hes a Herald when nothing could be further from the truth...

Now I'm not saying that combat feats dont matter; they are a factor...but there are other factors that must be considered as well...

Where would you place Nimrod tier wise?

Epicurus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Though if you have only space cheese and no actual feats, then that's an issue. You can do without space cheese, you can't do without combat.

Damborgson

Very well said.

abhilegend
Preboot Superman is a very good example of balancing both. He has the space cheese to rival and surpass any top tier and he has one of the best combat records of any top tier.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Preboot Superman is a very good example of balancing both. He has the space cheese to rival and surpass any top tier and he has one of the best combat records of any top tier.

laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Combat easy

Only Hulk or Superman fans cling to space cheese feats

abhilegend
laughing out loud
What's the matter carter?

Rao Kal El
Combat feats will be given a great deal of value by Thanos fans... unless Thanos gets beaten by gamora in that case those feats don't count. stick out tongue

Or if superman gets ko by a gas station, or hulk beaten by a snake.

This is the reason why I decided not to discuss this topics anymore big grin

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

thumb up

IMHO :
1) Combat feats
2) Power out

I mean look at Hickman's Hyperion. Insane "space cheese" feats : holding back two universes, catching a planet, etc... Going just by this he's a freaking abstract. Then we have the actual combat and he's decidedly less impressive.

It's complicated really and actually an interesting discussion but you just know the mods are gonna close this because of epic trolling. Oh well.
Combat feats will be given a great deal of value by Thanos fans... unless Thanos gets beaten by gamora in that case those feats don't count. stick out tongue

This is the reason why I decided not to discuss this topics anymore big grin
Well they are correct. This is a VS forum pitting two characters against each other unless the topic is more abstract like power vs versatility or combat feats vs power output.

Insane Titan

This is the reason why I decided not to discuss this topics anymore big grin haha this just show how insane the superfags are, come back when Thanos actually loses to someone Gamora lvl

maxivitopowe
And lo the moment the thread went to shit

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Insane Titan
haha this just show how insane the superfags are, come back when Thanos actually loses to someone Gamora lvl

I am sure this is just your online stunt and it quite ammusing for your age, I dont think on a regular discussion you will call a grow man "superfag" on his face unless you are ready to fight left and right,

I am sure you dont call anyone who disagrees with you a "superfag" on your interaction with people outside the online world this, is the reason why I say is your online stunt since there are no consequences to it, so stop the act and if we agree to something cool, if not, there is no reason for me to try to lock online tough and call you some stupid name like "Tranos lover"

Insane Titan
Haha you think I'm trying to act tough , god you superfags are slow.

Don't say stupid stuff then you won't get hurt when someone calls you on it

carver9
Sigh*

DarkSaint85
I blame carver for this.

carver9
Answer my PM dark.

Rao Kal El

Don't say stupid stuff then you won't get hurt when someone calls you on it

Yes you are acting I am sure you dont call superfag people you dont know on real life, so you are just feeling extra brave because there are no consequences online.

Now quit the act and be civil about it.

You put more weight onto combat feats because thanos lacks space cheese feats, except when he gets beaten by gamorra, is ok, kid, we all do it when it comes to our favorite character, so dont be hypocrite about it.

Now I dont wish to derail carvs thread in a macho contest with a keyboard warrior so keep crying how the superman fans are is quite ammusing but carvers thread is not getting closed on my account, so you can keep winning or you can shut up, now, that is up to you wink

Badabing

Don't say stupid stuff then you won't get hurt when someone calls you on it Yeah, that's enough. You have a few choices at this point. You can stop the trolling and bashing, put people who you disagree with on ignore, or take your chances and see what happens. You have a week off to figure it out. I'm about to perm ban the Insane Titan account and let your sort out how to gain access to your Nihilist account. Regardless of how you decide to proceed, this behavior will stop.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Well said. Lifting huge objects gives the reader an idea of just how strong the character is. I don't know where the term space cheese came into effect, or why it did, other than it to be an attempt to lessen the feat itself.

Sin I AM
Common sense should prevail. Extreme outliers like surviving universal explosions and getting choked out by snakes should be disregarded or taken with a grain of salt. Try to find a happy medium and proceed from there.

Mindship
Which is more impressive, combat showings (taking on a group of Heralds, beating powerful opponents, etc...) Or cheesy fts (moving a planet, igniting stars, surviving a black hole)? In one of his movies ("Enter The Dragon"?), an opponent tried to impress Bruce Lee with how many boards he could break through.
Bruce's response: "Boards don't hit back."

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
And lo the moment the thread went to shit

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Common sense should prevail. Extreme outliers like surviving universal explosions and getting choked out by snakes should be disregarded or taken with a grain of salt. Try to find a happy medium and proceed from there.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindship
In one of his movies ("Enter The Dragon"?), an opponent tried to impress Bruce Lee with how many boards he could break through.
Bruce's response: "Boards don't hit back."

That still doesn't remove the fact that the guy breaking the boards required a certain level of strength in order to break those boards. If we were to only use combat feats, guys like Shang Chi, would be top tier. I agree with SIA on this, there needs to be a happy medium.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Badabing
Yeah, that's enough. You have a few choices at this point. You can stop the trolling and bashing, put people who you disagree with on ignore, or take your chances and see what happens. You have a week off to figure it out. I'm about to perm ban the Insane Titan account and let your sort out how to gain access to your Nihilist account. Regardless of how you decide to proceed, this behavior will stop. somehow he's going to say I did this so just here to say LMAO I have nothing to do with it

-Pr-
Both are needed in their own way, tbh.

"Space cheese" is a horrible name, especially with how a lot of the feats actually happen on Earth.

Those feats more often than not give us the hard numbers. Tons, mph, that sort of thing.

Combat feats are a much more general thing, and they rely on continuity far more than "cheese", but in the end they're the best mechanism we have for figuring out where a guy or girl ranks among their peers.

They both have importance, but "cheese" (stupid ****ing name), is less important obviously.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Both are needed in their own way, tbh.

"Space cheese" is a horrible name, especially with how a lot of the feats actually happen on Earth.

Those feats more often than not give us the hard numbers. Tons, mph, that sort of thing.

Combat feats are a much more general thing, and they rely on continuity far more than "cheese", but in the end they're the best mechanism we have for figuring out where a guy or girl ranks among their peers.

They both have importance, but "cheese" (stupid ****ing name), is less important obviously.

Stop hating on my terms.

-Pr-
Then come up with better ones.

carver9

I couldn't think of a better name for it. mad

By the way, rarely see you online anymore.

Badabing

By the way, rarely see you online anymore. You like cheese huh? Well, when raz returns I'll be sure to have him change your name to Butt Cheese! durhulk

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
You like cheese huh? Well, when raz returns I'll be sure to have him change your name to Butt Cheese! durhulk

laughing laughing out loud laughing

quanchi112
Combat feats.

Mindship
Originally posted by Stoic
That still doesn't remove the fact that the guy breaking the boards required a certain level of strength in order to break those boards. If we were to only use combat feats, guys like Shang Chi, would be top tier. I agree with SIA on this, there needs to be a happy medium. Technically, breaking boards is a matter of power, which is strength x speed. As such, potentially, a faster puncher could break more boards than a stronger one.

Regardless, yes, a combo would be ideal. But the OP seemed to present an 'either-or' option.

Johncornwell
Really I think Space Cheese is more important because it gives a basis to which to rate combat fts on. If there was no space cheese fts and only combat fts, then we would not truly know how much powerful one character is just they are able to beat said character in combat not them going all out. If that makes any sense.

SamZED
Good idea for a thread.
I second what Sin said.
Also combat feats can be used to judge characters power levels as well even though PIS/jobbing occurs. For example for every time say Cap is shown beating Hulk there are 5 examples with Hulk stomping the entire Avengers team with Cap being among them. Doesn't take much logic to realize that Cap in general is many tires below Hulk even though he's beaten him that one time. And space cheese feats simply compliment what we already figured out by ourselves.

kevdude
Combat feats I would say. wink

Mindset
Whichever one proves that the character I'm backing wins.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
Whichever one proves that the character I'm backing wins.

thumb up

celeyhyga17

Stop hating on my terms.

By the way, rarely see you online anymore.
I got one...

nchef - Non Combat High End Feat/s

I hereby proclaim the phrase "space cheese feat", forever stricken hence forth from these here KMC forums...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.