Saesee Tiin vs. Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Can one of the Order's greatest defeat Nyriss?

Force, sabers, all out

Saesee Tiin is wearing his armor from the TCW series

DarthAnt66
Nyriss cleans the floor with Tiin.

Stealth Moose
Lol. This is spite.

carthage
The love for the PT is strong here.

Stealth Moose
I'm not sure why borderline featless Tiin should be called the Order's greatest, except if we're going to address all challengers with pointless and hyperbolic honorifics from now on.

Nyriss stomps a mudhole in him.

DarthAnt66
This is why I like you. Do you like me?

carthage
Ehh well he shot a droid 400 meters with TK, appeared to be at three places at once (was more of a blast deflection feat), and also lost to Windu in a sparring duel! I hope that counts for something!

Emperordmb
I'm going with Nyriss. At the very least she's comparable as a duelist and her force powers are superior.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Lol. This is spite.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This is why I like you. Do you like me?

*Change Facebook page to private*

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/vGp42nE.gif
I will find you, and I'll be going in dry.

PTforthewin
Saesee Tinn With ease he's a jedi council member and one of the orders greatest not to mention that the the clone wars (PT era) is the prime of the jedi

DarthAnt66
Actually, KOTOR is the prime of the Jedi (hypothetically SWTOR is, but it hasn't been confirmed yet). Suck on it.
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/yay10.png
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/yay210.png

NewGuy01
Ultimately for me, it really depends on how Saesee would deal with Nyriss's FLS. If he can stop that with his saber and/or barriers, he'll be able to take her in any other categories albeit with difficulty.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ultimately for me, it really depends on how Saesee would deal with Nyriss's FLS. If he can stop that with his saber and/or barriers, he'll be able to take her in any other categories albeit with difficulty.
How the mighty have fallen.

carthage
I don't see why her lightning would be any different that any other force user, i,e being of properties than can be absorbed by a saber. She doesn't have any fears to my knowledge of being a capable swordsmen, and while Tiin lacks dueling feats as well his accolade of being "best of the order" counts him as being more than competent. I realize his only combat is droid killing, but it makes it hard to argue anything to the contrary as Nyriss lacks saber feats similarly

DarthAnt66
Uh..she defeated Meetra Surik and Scourge in her stronghold. Meetra Surik was a famed Jedi Master known for single handily defeating Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, and an entire Sith academy on Malachor V. Scourge was "an expert swordsman" where "at the Academy even the instructors had been reluctant to face him in the ring..."

"A burst of purple lightning arched down the steps, catching both men in the chest. They barely had time to scream before they were turned into charred and smoking husks...

She raised her free hand above her hand above her head and fired off another burst of lightning. Both Scourge and Meetra threw themselves clear of the deadly electrical bolt, but in doing so gave Nyriss the early advantage.

Before they could recover, she leapt at them. Despite her withered appearance, she moved with all the speed and ferocity of a dark side warrior in her prime. She landed right between the two adversaries, her blade flashing back and forth in a series of slashes and cuts that immediately threw her two opponents on the defensive.

Scourge barely managed to parry the first wave of her assault, unable to even thing about countering with an attack of his own. Another quick thrust foced him off balanced and he staggered backwards.

Nyriss seized on the opportunity to focus all her efforts on breaking through Meetra's defenses. The Jedi was clearly outmatched; though she managed to hold her ground, she was forced down on one knee.

In the awkward position her right flank was exposed, and Nyriss brought her blade in to deliver a crippling cut. At the same time, Scourge lashed out with the Force, catching Nyriss flush in the center of her chest.

An ordinary foe would have been thrown clear across the room, but Nyriss instinctively threw up a Force barrier to protect herself, absorbing and redirecting the brunt of the impact. Even so, Scourge's attack knocked her off balance just enough time to send her lightsaber wide of the mark, giving Meetra the opportunity she needed to scramble away to safety.

Scourge rushed forward, hoping to drive Nyriss back into a corner, but she mat his charge was an invisible wave of rippling energy. It picked Scourge and tossed him head-over-heals, sending him crashing into the wall.

Dazed, he looked up just in time to see another bolt of violet lightning to catch Meetra in the chest. Like Nyriss, she threw up a barrier to save herself from the worst of it, but she was still knocked from her feet.

'Did you think I would be as easy to defeat as Xedrix?' Nyriss shouted, raising her lightsaber triumphantly above her head.

The air around her began to crackle and grow hot as she gathered herself for the killing blow. Scourge felt the energy building inside her, and he knew he was powerless to stop it. Nyrisss was too powerful; her command of the dark side was too strong."
―Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan

carthage
Yeah, she might have it. Tiin loses again.

DarthAnt66
And just know Revan effortlessly annihilated her. wink

Stealth Moose
http://i.imgur.com/vGp42nE.gif
I will find you, and I'll be going in dry.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/jean-claude-van-damme-03.gif

And just know Revan effortlessly annihilated her. wink

Yeah, but as to why everyone from the PT and their mothers would pwn him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by carthage
I don't see why her lightning would be any different that any other force user, i,e being of properties than can be absorbed by a saber.

If the lightning is too powerful for them, a Jedi won't be able to absorb it. Darth Malgus' lightning was too great for one Jedi's lightsaber defense and it blew through it and burnt holes in his body.

I don't think Tiin can block Nyriss' lightning.

PTforthewin
Actually, KOTOR is the prime of the Jedi (hypothetically SWTOR is, but it hasn't been confirmed yet). Suck on it.
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/yay210.png nah Lucas confirmed PT era is the prime of the jedi

DarthAnt66
That was before that quote was released ^ so is statement is retconned.

Nephthys
Lucas' 'prime of the Jedi' quote doesn't actually make any sense if you look at what he's actually talking about. Its best to just ignore it.

NewGuy01
That was before that quote was released ^ so is statement is retconned.

Lucas's word is higher canon class, regardless.

Also--Isn't KOTOR older than the PT? Or was it released just after TPM?

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
If the lightning is too powerful for them, a Jedi won't be able to absorb it. Darth Malgus' lightning was too great for one Jedi's lightsaber defense and it blew through it and burnt holes in his body.

I don't think Tiin can block Nyriss' lightning.

Did it strike his body or did he try to use a saber do absorb it?

Nephthys
He tried to absorb it by holding his lightsaber out in front of him, but Malgus was too powerful so the bolts weren't fully absorbed and snaked around the blade to hit the Jedi.

Later Malgus blows Aryn Leneers lightsaber out of her hands when she tries to block it.

carthage
I stand corrected apparently.

ares834
Tiin is a PT Jedi. Ergo he wins.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by carthage
I stand corrected apparently.
Shocker.

carthage
U better stop or im gunna report u for herassment.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by ares834
Tiin is a PT Jedi. Ergo he wins.

Shucks.

Lord Stark
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/yay210.png

Lol SWTOR should be with its millions of Jedi and Sith, the Order in KOTOR was likely only thousands strong considering there were scarcely a hundred survivors of the Jedi Civil War. Still though the PT is hailed as the Golden Age of the Jedi.

Stealth Moose
For non-combat reasons.

Emperordmb
I am so sick of this "golden age" and "prime of the Jedi" bullshit!

**** that shit!!!!!

We should judge characters based on their own abilities and not the overall strength of their respective orders.

Nephthys
thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

Stealth Moose
Status quo forever.

Intrepid37
Nyriss in a good fight.

Stealth Moose
Lightning which reduces Tiin to ash = good fight.

Intrepid37
Idiot.

Nephthys
Don't be so hard on yourself Intrepid.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb

**** that shit!!!!!

We should judge characters based on their own abilities and not the overall strength of their respective orders.

Stop raging because of Githany's suckiness.

Q99

Personally I do not feel the prime of the order (of which I believe there are quite a number) says too much about individual capacity.

It tends to be more a sign, imo, of the *number* of high-ability people rather than that 'this era's high quality people are stronger than that era's high quality people'.

Luke's era was by no means the prime, it was small in number compared to other eras, yet it had a significant number of highly badass people.

Intrepid37
Don't be so hard on yourself Intrepid.
?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb

**** that shit!!!!!

Obviously. That's what we've always been doing. Tiin takes it up the ass from Nyriss. Even two Tiins couldn't defeat her.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37
?

I was implying that you were calling yourself an idiot.

Intrepid37
I was implying that you were calling yourself an idiot.
I weren't.

Nephthys
Ahahaha.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Idiot.

Don't take your self-rage out on me.

S_W_LeGenD
Nyriss stomps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.