Orbalisk Bane vs. TCW Maul, Raskta Lsu, and Ki Adi Mundi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Can Bane survive an all out battle against three competent fighters?

*Raskta has improved force defenses

All out only

Nephthys
Bane.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane.
... gets stomped.

Nephthys
No, Bane defeats them.

No Battle Meditation this time.

Stealth Moose
No, Bane defeats them.

carthage
I think Maul and Mundi could at least do some serious damage in a combined TK assault. Whether or not they can withstand his onslaught is another thing entirely. He might get staggered and beat up a bit but he can take them for a majority

Q99
No, Bane defeats them.

No battle meditation, but Maul and Mundi to make up for it. Ya got three rather good duelists here.

Hm, though force could be an issue. They'll need to keep the pressure on.

ares834
Team. Bane had trouble with a weaker team than this.

Lord Stark
The team definitely has an excellent shot at this.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Team. Bane had trouble with a weaker team than this.

That was enhanced with Battle Meditation.

Bane can one-shot Mundi, would be able to one-shot Raskta if she wasn't amped by the OP but can beat her and Maul anyway in a straight fight.

Intrepid37
LOL @one shotting Mundi. You're taking it too far, dude.

Lord Stark
That was enhanced with Battle Meditation.

Bane can one-shot Mundi, would be able to one-shot Raskta if she wasn't amped by the OP but can beat her and Maul anyway in a straight fight.

I mean in lightsaber duels everyone gets one-shotted. Now if you mean lolblitz; hell no.

Astor Ebligis
He disarmed Farfalla with one attack, and would have blitzed both Farfalla and Raska Lsu if not for the battle meditation making their reflexes and speed better. He also would have been able to overpower them with the Force if they hadn't been combining their powers to defend against his attacks.

The team only held out against him for so long because of the BM, the fact that Raskta and Farfalla are both very high level Jedi Masters, and near perfect teamwork.

Plus you could even argue PIS any time Bane was ever in trouble as it would make for a weak story if he just breezed through everyone like they were nothing, when his skill and powerset arguably should have made him capable of it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37
LOL @one shotting Mundi. You're taking it too far, dude.

If Dooku can one-shot Kenobi with TK, Bane can one-shot Mundi with TK or lightning.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
I mean in lightsaber duels everyone gets one-shotted. Now if you mean lolblitz; hell no.

I meant with the Force. Although Bane would probably blitz Mundi too.

Intrepid37
If Dooku can one-shot Kenobi with TK, Bane can one-shot Mundi with TK or lightning.
Mundi's TK feats supersedes Kenobi's, so no.

Nephthys
And Bane's feats supersede Dooku's, so yes.

Intrepid37
And Bane's feats supersede Dooku's, so yes.
They don't.

Nephthys
Lmao. Sure.

Astor Ebligis
Bane would have blitzed Raskta if she hadn't been amped by BM. He'd probably be able to blitz all three of them realistically.

Intrepid37
Lmao. Sure.
Nice subjectivty.

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Bane would have blitzed Raskta if she hadn't been amped by BM.
Prove it.

Nephthys
Nice subjectivty.

Dooku can't disintegrate a dozen attackers with a flick of his wrist, or turn people to ash with a one-handed blast of lightning. Bane is superior to him.

Astor Ebligis
It's stated in the book... He literally charges her and it's explicitly stated that without the enhancements of the BM she wouldn't have been able to evade him.

Intrepid37
Dooku can't disintegrate a dozen attackers with a flick of his wrist,
Neither can Bane without outside powers.

It's stated in the book... He literally charges her and it's explicitly stated that without the enhancements of the BM she wouldn't have been able to evade him.
Never happened.

Lord Stark
Dooku can't disintegrate a dozen attackers with a flick of his wrist, or turn people to ash with a one-handed blast of lightning. Bane is superior to him.

Were these people Force Users? Because Dooku pwned 3 Force Users simultaneously with his lightning while drugged and blind.

Nephthys
Neither can Bane without outside powers.

He has the orbalisks here, dingus.

Were these people Force Users? Because Dooku pwned 3 Force Users simultaneously with his lightning while drugged and blind.

2 Nightsisters and Ventress. Its unknown if any of them possess a defense against Force Lightning.

Intrepid37
I'm referring to the very strong dark side energy concentrated where Bane disintegrated the robots, not the orbalisks.

Nephthys
Bane senses the dark side there, but its hardly a nexus. There's no indication he's drawing on anything except the orbalisks for power.

Of course this is all irrelevant since Bane disintegrates the technobeasts multiple times and even disintegrating half of what he does, its still superior to what Dooku is capable of. Any amp couldn't be so significant as to write off the feat.

Intrepid37
Bane senses the dark side there, but its hardly a nexus. There's no indication he's drawing on anything except the orbalisks for power.

Of course this is all irrelevant since Bane disintegrates the technobeasts multiple times and even disintegrating half of what he does, its still superior to what Dooku is capable of.
There's no proof that Bane can accomplish the same feat on neutral ground.

Lord Stark

2 Nightsisters and Ventress. Its unknown if any of them possess a defense against Force Lightning.

You mean aside from Ventress deflecting his lightning in a later episode? Also FL is their signature move.

Nephthys
There's no proof that Bane can accomplish the same feat on neutral ground.

What utter horseshit. Any amount of thought tells you he could, perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. Nowhere is it stated that he was boosted by the dark side there, especially not to the extent that he could disintegrate a dozen technobeasts more than normal.

Disintegrating half a dozen technobeasts is a superior level of destructive TK to what Dooku is capable of. So even if you have evidence that the dark side was so powerful that Bane was doubled in power its irrelevant.

Of course though, that's absurd. Just like your argument.

You mean aside from Ventress deflecting his lightning in a later episode? Also FL is their signature move.

She does?

Nightsisters don't wield lightsabers, there's no reason to think they'd know how to block lightning with them. And there's nothing in their section of the Book of Sith detailing any method of blocking lightning.

Intrepid37
What utter horseshit. Any amount of thought tells you he could, perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. Nowhere is it stated that he was boosted by the dark side there, especially not to the extent that he could disintegrate a dozen technobeasts more than normal.

Disintegrating half a dozen technobeasts is a superior level of destructive TK to what Dooku is capable of. So even if you have evidence that the dark side was so powerful that Bane was doubled in power its irrelevant.
I don't give two shits about your speculation. Bane was in (on?) a location where the dark side was very strong and, unless he's an inadequate idiot, would have drawn on it to amplify his own powers. It stands to reason that to claim he can accomplish the same feat without a power boost, as significant or insignificant it may be, requires more reasonable evidence than offered.

Lord Stark
She does?

Nightsisters don't wield lightsabers, there's no reason to think they'd know how to block lightning with them. And there's nothing in their section of the Book of Sith detailing any method of blocking lightning.

PUclUEMosm0

Yup

2:56
Obi-Wan had never encountered FL before his encounter with Dooku, but he still casually deflected the blast with his saber. It's common sense, and even if not Ventress would just tell them 'Yo, block it with your saber'.

Nephthys
I don't give two shits about your speculation. Bane was in (on?) a location where the dark side was very strong and, unless he's an inadequate idiot, would have drawn on it to amplify his own powers. It stands to reason that to claim he can accomplish the same feat without a power boost, as significant or insignificant it may be, requires more reasonable evidence than offered.

I'd rather call it 'not being an idiot' than speculation. Its readily apparent that the darkside at Darzu's fortress (which wasn't stated to be 'very strong', you're exaggerating) isn't enough to significant increase Bane's power to an extent that he couldn't perform a slightly weaker version of the feat. Which is what I suggested he be capable of. It wasn't exhausting to him, hence why he performs the same feat multiple times and continues fighting for an hour. No normal darkside nexus in the mythos has amped someone to twice their ability. To suggest it as a possibility is utter hilarity. The far more logical suggestion is that he could replicate the feat to a lesser extent, maybe only disintegrating 10 instead of 12. Theres no reason to suggest otherwise beyond simple bias.

I need no evidence. My logical reasoning hasn't been remotely dealt with, because you know that you have no counter argument other than to stick your fingers in your ears and scream for evidence.

PUclUEMosm0

Yup

2:56
Obi-Wan had never encountered FL before his encounter with Dooku, but he still casually deflected the blast with his saber. It's common sense, and even if not Ventress would just tell them 'Yo, block it with your saber'.

Ok.

Obi-Wan is a Jedi and is taught how to do use the technique needed to absorb lightning into a blade. He doesn't need to have encountered it to know how to block it. The Nightsisters don't. Its not as simple as just holding up a lightsaber. If it was, then Dooku overpowering them would be irrelevant since not one holds their lightsaber up when he zaps them.

Lord Stark
Ok.

Obi-Wan is a Jedi and is taught how to do use the technique needed to absorb lightning into a blade. He doesn't need to have encountered it to know how to block it. The Nightsisters don't. Its not as simple as just holding up a lightsaber. If it was, then Dooku overpowering them would be irrelevant since not one holds their lightsaber up when he zaps them.

I am obviously simplifying things, my point is that Nightsisters signature tech is FL. Its really not a stretch that they know how to defend against it. Especially considering that up until she returns to the Nightsisters Ventress not once shows the ability to counter FL

Intrepid37
I'd rather call it 'not being an idiot' than speculation. Its readily apparent that the darkside at Darzu's fortress (which wasn't stated to be 'very strong', you're exaggerating) isn't enough to significant increase Bane's power to an extent that he couldn't perform a slightly weaker version of the feat. Which is what I suggested he be capable of. It wasn't exhausting to him, hence why he performs the same feat multiple times and continues fighting for an hour. No normal darkside nexus in the mythos has amped someone to twice their ability. To suggest it as a possibility is utter hilarity. The far more logical suggestion is that he could replicate the feat to a lesser extent, maybe only disintegrating 10 instead of 12. Theres no reason to suggest otherwise beyond simple bias.

I need no evidence. My logical reasoning hasn't been remotely dealt with, because you know that you have no counter argument other than to stick your fingers in your ears and scream for evidence.

Nephthys
I am obviously simplifying things, my point is that Nightsisters signature tech is FL. Its really not a stretch that they know how to defend against it. Especially considering that up until she returns to the Nightsisters Ventress not once shows the ability to counter FL

Well as I said, they don't use lightsabers and I don't think they use any other weapon they could use to block lightning. They might well be able to, but theres no evidence of them doing so anywhere and no mention of such abilities in Talzin's writings. They aren't shown attempting to block Dooku's lightning, so meh. They could have just been caught off-guard like Ventress was in assuming Dooku was finished.

Also, I don't believe Ventress has been in a position to need to block lightning before that episode, so we don't know if it was recently learned.

Either way, this isn't proof that Dooku's lightning is comparable to Banes in its power. Banes lightning turning people into ash trumps Dooku's by quite a bit imo. Mundi would be one-shot.

Oh no, Bane sensed it from kilometers away, that totally proves absolutely ****ing nothing.

The_Tempest
Ah, this old argument.

For my part, I generally don't entertain the idea that any character can duplicate a nexus-feat outside a nexus unless proven otherwise.

/discussion

It does prove that the 'nexus' was considerable, Neph.

Intrepid37
Oh no, Bane sensed it from kilometers away, that totally proves absolutely ****ing nothing.
It proves the power of the energy which is powerful enough for me to reasonably dismiss any of your speculation without proof.

Lord Stark
Well as I said, they don't use lightsabers and I don't think they use any other weapon they could use to block lightning. They might well be able to, but theres no evidence of them doing so anywhere and no mention of such abilities in Talzin's writings. They aren't shown attempting to block Dooku's lightning, so meh. They could have just been caught off-guard like Ventress was in assuming Dooku was finished.

Eh I think it was more the intensity of the blast than them just being caught off guard.

We know Dooku explicitly didn't teach Savage how, there's no reason the same couldn't be said for Sidious.

I mean I know it was a vision but Dooku massacres at least half a dozen- a dozen Clone Troopers before he fights Skywalker in TCWs one-handed.

The_Tempest
I mean I know it was a vision but Dooku massacres at least half a dozen- a dozen Clone Troopers before he fights Skywalker in TCWs one-handed.

I'm also disinclined to admit Dooku's feats in Sidious's vision quest. That same vision had Anakin beating him fairly quickly.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Ah, this old argument.

For my part, I generally don't entertain the idea that any character can duplicate a nexus-feat outside a nexus unless proven otherwise.

/discussion

Can't rule out the nexus; therefore, the feat is inadmissable?

I see what you're saying, truly. But it does raise some problems. We can't argue characters on a consistent basis (or barely as it is) without considering them as they are shown. If most or all of their performances are Nexus-driven, then I'm not sure how we can reconcile or sidestep this without somehow giving both parties a "nexus/peak condition" buff every thread and just argue their highest end feats.

Nephthys
It proves the power of the energy which is powerful enough for me to reasonably dismiss any of your speculation without proof.

Ah, this old argument.

/discussion

I didn't say Bane could duplicate the feat, I said he could perform a slightly lesser version of the feat. As in he disintegrates a few less technobeasts. Which is still a far greater feat than what Dooku is capable of. I simply don't understand how someone could suggest he needed the nexus to perform the feat considering he didn't strain to do it, in fact he continued to fight for an hour afterwards and replicated the feat during that time.

If he can disintegrate 12 technobeasts without much effort with a nexus, then why can he not disintegrate a smaller number without one, or disintegrate the same amount by straining.

Bane being able to sense it from kilometers away doesn't prove its considerable. Force Users can sense concentrations of energy from halfway across the planet if they want to.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Can't rule out the nexus; therefore, the feat is inadmissable?

I see what you're saying, truly. But it does raise some problems. We can't argue characters on a consistent basis (or barely as it is) without considering them as they are shown. If most or all of their performances are Nexus-driven, then I'm not sure how we can reconcile or sidestep this without somehow giving both parties a "nexus/peak condition" buff every thread and just argue their highest end feats.

It certainly complicates things for someone favoring a character with limited feats or a character whose majority of feats are on nexuses, but I see no reason to manipulate the rules of debate for them favorably.

I would and have apply the same rules to characters like Sidious. The obvious difference being that Sidious has a zillion feats to draw on; I don't feel the pinch for my charity.

The_Tempest
If Sidious can telepathically subjugate TWENTY BILLION PEOPLE across time and space for an undetermined period of time, then why can't he mindrape ONE PERSON face-to-face?

You would and have argued that Sidious can't do such a thing even though such a feat would be many orders of magnitude less than what he has already canonically accomplished. And your reason, I believe, is almost always: well he hasn't shown the ability to do so.

As usual, I see no reason to be charitable. We must try to objectively apply standards here.

Stealth Moose
It certainly complicates things for someone favoring a character with limited feats or a character whose majority of feats are on nexuses, but I see no reason to manipulate the rules of debate for them favorably.

I would and have apply the same rules to characters like Sidious. The obvious difference being that Sidious has a zillion feats to draw on; I don't feel the pinch for my charity.

My biggest issue is when feats get thrown out unceremoniously "because Nexus", but we don't automatically throw out Sidious feats that occur after he and his master nudged the Force in the favor of the Dark Side.

Unless of course you think that the ritual had no benefit for Sidious and his powers during his stealth war with the Jedi.

Nephthys
If Sidious can telepathically subjugate TWENTY BILLION PEOPLE across time and space for an undetermined period of time, then why can't he mindrape ONE PERSON face-to-face?

You would and have argued that Sidious can't do such a thing even though such a feat would be many orders of magnitude less than what he has already canonically accomplished. And your reason, I believe, is almost always: well he hasn't shown the ability to do so.

As usual, I see no reason to be charitable. We must try to objectively apply standards here.

Completely different circumstances. Basically nothing to do with this discussion.

When did I suggest Sidious couldn't mindrape a single person? Obviously he ****ing can. Depending upon the person of course. He mindwiped a few million on Coruscant. If I did say that then Past Me is a bigger retard than I thought.

My point stands. Please don't bring past shit into this.

Intrepid37
The problem is, speculation that Palpatine could scorch dark side prophets to bones without the nexus energy provided by the location they were in would be rejected by the users supporting such speculation when it's favoring Bane, Vitiate, Kun etc., which results in the mighty double standard.

Nephthys
Nope. I have no problem with Sidious doing that.

The_Tempest
I bring it up to demonstrate why I refuse to adhere to different standards. We must apply standards for all, my child.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
My biggest issue is when feats get thrown out unceremoniously "because Nexus", but we don't automatically throw out Sidious feats that occur after he and his master nudged the Force in the favor of the Dark Side.

Unless of course you think that the ritual had no benefit for Sidious and his powers during his stealth war with the Jedi.

The only effect of the ritual was to diminish Jedi foresight. Jedi combat powers were not known to have suffered nor were Sith combat powers known to have been enhanced.

In contrast, we know planetary, locational nexuses enhance combat techniques.

Intrepid37
Nope. I have no problem with Sidious doing that.
Not necessarily referring to you, but I'm sure quite a few users do.

Nyax effortlessly manipulated huge ships by the aid if the nexus on Coruscant; should we say he can manipulate the same ships with perhaps slightly more difficulty, then?

I'm not buying it.

Astor Ebligis
Not necessarily referring to you, but I'm sure quite a few users do.

Nyax effortlessly manipulated huge ships by the aid if the nexus on Coruscant; should we say he can manipulate the same ships with perhaps slightly more difficulty, then?

I'm not buying it.

Ah, the jungle bunny returneth. Welcome back.

Anyway, you're giving up? I thought you people were supposed to have good stamina? You know, picking cotton, working fields, making fatherless babies and all.

The_Tempest
Someone's been reading the recent scandal in the Comic Book Vs. section...

Intrepid37

Anyway, you're giving up? I thought you people were supposed to have good stamina? You know, picking cotton, working fields, making fatherless babies and all.
No, I'm playin' some Fallout New Vegas.

Astor Ebligis
shifty

Nephthys
I bring it up to demonstrate why I refuse to adhere to different standards. We must apply standards for all, my child.

Ok, but that's not a reason for why we shouldn't believe Bane could accomplish the feat without the 'nexus' were he to actually put effort into it or that he could perform it to a lesser extent. Nexus' aren't that powerful.

On the other hand, rituals notoriously don't represent the actual strength of those involved. Banes Force Storm ritual would have scorched an entire planet with only 20 Sith's help. Bane + 20 Sith couldn't scorch a planet without a ritual. Likewise Sidious and Plagueis couldn't tip the Force, Vitiate couldn't absorb the universe and Sidious can't mindrape 20 billion dudes. I don't accept Sidious being able to bust out that level of telepathy whenever he wants because of the possibility of a ritual and because he did it over 20ish years.

If Sidious had done that shit on a nexus, with a flick of his wrist then yeah I'd say he could do that with a bit more effort or to a slightly lesser extent. I'm not pulling double standards imo.

Nephthys

Just so you know, I reported you. So if you're only joking maybe you should make that clear now.

The_Tempest
Correct: feats attributable to rituals and nexuses don't represent the immediately available strength of any character.

And you'll notice I didn't say Sidious could bust out 20-billion-people-mind-raping-telepathy at whim. I asked you if he could mindrape one person on the fly.

Nephthys
Correct: feats attributable to rituals and nexuses don't represent the immediately available strength of any character.

And you'll notice I didn't say Sidious could bust out 20-billion-people-mind-raping-telepathy at whim. I asked you if he could mindrape one person on the fly.

Rituals don't, nexuses just slightly enhance a characters abilities. Like how Vjun amped Dooku enough to give a slightly better fight to Yoda than he did in AotC. Nexuses aren't as big of a deal as you make them out to be.

And I said that he could.

red8
When Cognus led a strike team against Bane, didn't Bane disintegrate a few mooks? I don't remember if he did or not, but his mansion wasn't a nexus of any sort.

NewGuy01
Bane senses the dark side there, but its hardly a nexus.

Bane walks into the room and his senses are overwhelmed by a massive concentration of dark side energy. erm

Also--Tython is already a potent Force Nexus regardless.

Lord Stark
I'm also disinclined to admit Dooku's feats in Sidious's vision quest. That same vision had Anakin beating him fairly quickly.

I think its reasonable considering Anakin beat him in the same amount of time it took him to beat him when in the zone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.