Firelord vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
stick out tongue

zopzop
I'm going with Firelord.

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

pym-ftw
The one with the Mohawk

Stoic
Sorry Zop, but Gladiator would beat the life out of Firelord. He's just too strong for em.

JuggernautMania
Firelord. gladiator cant win a fight its beyond his powers.

Stoic
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
Firelord. gladiator cant win a fight its beyond his powers.

Gladiaotr has nearly every stat advantage over Firelord though.

deathslash
Originally posted by Stoic
Gladiaotr has nearly every stat advantage over Firelord though. there's only one person here that has gotten beaten up by gambit, smacked around by canonball, and been stabbed by a random spear.gladiator wins, but firelord certanly makes a fight out of it.

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
there's only one person here that has gotten beaten up by gambit, smacked around by canonball, and been stabbed by a random spear.gladiator wins, but firelord certanly makes a fight out of it.

But Firelord got whipped by Spider Man, mugged by random aliens, nearly choked out by Morg, and seems to be one of the weakest cosmic Heralds. You may be right about Firelord giving him a good fight... May be.

abhilegend
But Firelord got whipped by Spider Man, mugged by random aliens, nearly choked out by Morg, and seems to be one of the weakest cosmic Heralds. You may be right about Firelord giving him a good fight... May be.
And fought Thor and Hercules at the same time. Not to mention Thor admitted he can't beat him.

mmm

Stoic
That really made no sense to me. It's a good thing that they fought nearly half a century ago, and since then Thor has pretty much stalemated with The Surfer a few times. It makes no sense to me Abhi, because the Surfer is clearly Firelord's superior. Maybe it's the cosmic heat that gives Thor a tough time against him? Gladiator on the other hand may be more resistant to it.

abhilegend
That really made no sense to me. It's a good thing that they fought nearly half a century ago, and since then Thor has pretty much stalemated with The Surfer a few times. It makes no sense to me Abhi, because the Surfer is clearly Firelord's superior. Maybe it's the cosmic heat that gives Thor a tough time against him? Gladiator on the other hand may be more resistant to it.
Thor had stalemated surfer even back then and feats are feats no matter where they happened.

Also Firelord has knocked Surfer himself out.

ABC comparisons aren't good and Firelord's heat was too much for surfer. Doubt Gladiator would fare any better.

JBL
Gladiator. Heat is useless against him. He took a hit from human torch and laughed ( torch dropped ultron with heat )and played in a giant star. Please dont waste time with a pis filled blacklash.

JuggernautMania
Gladiaotr has nearly every stat advantage over Firelord though.

on paper. it still never stopped gladiator from getting his ass wooped by everyone and their grandma. the guy just cant fight.

Epicurus
Firelord wins.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ comparing Human Torch to Firelord. They met and Torch commented that he was like a candle next to a nuke. Also call me susceptible but I don't think Gladiator can take such shots which KTFO surfer in four attacks.

http://i.imgur.com/OAbCy1b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KIoAO2l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rODHAeg.jpg

Although first was a cheap shot but still.

Or heat which Surfer himself can't take.
erm

JBL
You want to go that route? Very well..... I think gladiator hits a little harder than spiderman. wink

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
And lo the moment the thread went to shit

Epicurus
Originally posted by JBL
You want to go that route? Very well..... I think gladiator hits a little harder than spiderman. wink
Firelord hits better than Rogue and Gambit then.

JuggernautMania
Lol i think firelord hits harder than canonball and gambit

meep-meep
Gladiator should handle him. But firelord could be a boss.

Stoic
Lol i think firelord hits harder than canonball and gambit

Gambits powers at that time still had that new smell going on. You know how it is when the comic companies showcase their new toy? Well Gambit had the glow at that time. Unless you believe that Captain America is more durable than Gladiator? Cannonball, and Speedball are incredibly powerful when their powers are focused properly. You seem to be leaving out a lot of context here erm . So no Firelord does not hit harder than they do when their full potential is showcased.

Just so that you are not confused with when I say "hits harder", I meant in terms of striking power (punching), because it is highly unlikely, that Firelord would be able to keep Gladiator from turning this into a laser show, filled with more fisticuffs than he has ever seen at one time.

JuggernautMania
Gambits powers at that time still had that new smell going on. You know how it is when the comic companies showcase their new toy? Well Gambit had the glow at that time. Unless you believe that Captain America is more durable than Gladiator? Cannonball, and Speedball are incredibly powerful when their powers are focused properly. You seem to be leaving out a lot of context here erm . So no Firelord does not hit harder than they do when their full potential is showcased.

Just so that you are not confused with when I say "hits harder", I meant in terms of striking power (punching), because it is highly unlikely, that Firelord would be able to keep Gladiator from turning this into a laser show, filled with more fisticuffs that he has ever seen at one time.

first of all i was joking at the guy who made a note about spider man beating firelord.

second of all Lol at you for actually trying to imply gambit or canonball actually hit harder than firelord who 4 shotted surfer and overall is a herald level being.

hits harder means hitting the target with any power they has, it can be a fire attack, it can be energy blast, hitting is hitting this is not Rocky balboa.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Surfer while amped/Masterson Thor were downed in less punches than Firelord under the same writer.

erm

abhilegend

Just so that you are not confused with when I say "hits harder", I meant in terms of striking power (punching), because it is highly unlikely, that Firelord would be able to keep Gladiator from turning this into a laser show, filled with more fisticuffs than he has ever seen at one time.
Gambit was introduced nearly a 100 issues before that showing.

no expression

Stoic
first of all i was joking at the guy who made a note about spider man beating firelord.

second of all Lol at you for actually trying to imply gambit or canonball actually hit harder than firelord who 4 shotted surfer and overall is a herald level being.

hits harder means hitting the target with any power they has, it can be a fire attack, it can be energy blast, hitting is hitting this is not Rocky balboa.

Why are you laughing? Is there something funny? Lets try to keep this less personal and more comic related OK? Gladiator doesn't have to allow Firelord to get off any energy blasts. He's the faster one of the two in terms of combat speed. I'm also pretty sure that he could keep up in flight speed as well. Speedball nearly flattened Terrax with one focused impact. just goes to show you that Heralds have taken their lumps by less than herald level characters.

Titles mean nothing to the writers that wrote these stories, which is exactly why Spiderman beat Firelord up. You should try to see both sides or you will only get half of the picture. The writers hardly ever visit these forums, and the ones that do, only take the shit blogged about with a grain of salt.

You were the one trying to poke fun of Gladiator's low moments, so I decided to show you that all toons have their day in the sun.

Hope that last part was understood.

Bentley
Firelord gave Spider-man some troubles, while Gladiator only survived against Wolverine because Logan held back. Since Spidey >>>> Logan, then Firelord beats Glads.

Stoic
No he wasn't Abhi, and even if he was, he was still very new. It doesn't matter how many books went by. All that matters is the amount of showings he had. So in all of those so called 100 books that were out, how many showings did he have? If you're going to say something try not to leave out the finer details. It comes off very deceitful.

guy222
Kril

JuggernautMania
Why are you laughing? Is there something funny? Lets try to keep this less personal and more comic related OK? Gladiator doesn't have to allow Firelord to get off any energy blasts. He's the faster one of the two in terms of combat speed. I'm also pretty sure that he could keep up in flight speed as well. Speedball nearly flattened Terrax with one focused impact. just goes to show you that Heralds have taken their lumps by less than herald level characters.

Titles mean nothing to the writers that wrote these stories, which is exactly why Spiderman beat Firelord up. You should try to see both sides or you will only get half of the picture. The writers hardly ever visit these forums, and the ones that do, only take the shit blogged about with a grain of salt.

You were the one trying to poke fun of Gladiator's low moments, so I decided to show you that all toons have their day in the sun.

Hope that last part was understood.

why was i laughing? if you know something about firelord, then you shouldnt ask me why am i laughing about someone, bringing spiderman beating him as anything but PIS.

so you are actually calling it legit that spider man can beat firelord? as well as him beaing able to beat hulk? then why isnt it legit for gambit to beat gladiator? double standard?

only thing is, almost all gladiator moments are like those. the guy is a walking punching bag (or better yet, flying punching bag).
on paper he should be able to do this and that, but once he gets into a fight he gets owned.

abhilegend
No he wasn't Abhi, and even if he was, he was still very new. It doesn't matter how many books went by. All that matters is the amount of showings he had. So in all of those so called 100 books that were out, how many showings did he have? If you're going to say something try not to leave out the finer details. It comes off very deceitful.
In 500s of his appearances? Plenty to gauge his level. He was street leveler, nothing more.

What did I leave out?

carver9
Context to the Cannonball showing. Anyone that read it would know it. Also, Cannonball, got stomped.

Stoic
What scene are you talking about? I'm talking about Gambit and the deck of cards that took out Gladiator. During that time he did not take the spotlight 100 times. In fact most people reading it likely thought that he was far more than he is now. Also what does all of that have to do with the topic? Semantics? Really? Man focus is a word dude.

why was i laughing? if you know something about firelord, then you shouldnt ask me why am i laughing about someone, bringing spiderman beating him as anything but PIS.

so you are actually calling it legit that spider man can beat firelord? as well as him beaing able to beat hulk? then why isnt it legit for gambit to beat gladiator? double standard?

only thing is, almost all gladiator moments are like those. the guy is a walking punching bag (or better yet, flying punching bag).
on paper he should be able to do this and that, but once he gets into a fight he gets owned.

It happens to all of the characters, the only reason that it hasn't happened more to Firelord is because his appearances are ew and far between. There was certainly context to Cannonball beating him, and I bet the hit that Gladiator took from Cannonball would have KO'd Firelord, after all Gladiator's own punch was redirected back at him due to Cannonballs peculiar power. I brought up Speedball, because he did a similar move on Terrax. My point? All characters get beaten up. The Silver Surfer was subdued by the Black Panther, Cap KO'd the Hulk, Juggernaut was clowned by Longshot, Ultraboy was clowned by the Karater Kid... the list goes on, and on.

This however has no bearing on Gladiator at his best taking on Firelord if we lose the low ball moments. Gladiator was also on a team that always appeared to be oppressive, and plot dictated his losses most of the time. I fail to see how a softy like Firelord would possess enough strength to beat someone nearly twice his strength.

abhilegend
What. Did. I. Lie. About? Who the **** cares he wasn't in spotlight? His powers were well defined by then and he was a street level character. In fact Logan shrugged off his cards some issues before that.

abhilegend
What scene are you talking about? I'm talking about Gambit and the deck of cards that took out Gladiator. During that time he did not take the spotlight 100 times. In fact most people reading it likely thought that he was far more than he is now. Also what does all of that have to do with the topic? Semantics? Really? Man focus is a word dude.

It happens to all of the characters, the only reason that it hasn't happened more to Firelord is because his appearances are ew and far between. There was certainly context to Cannonball beating him, and I bet the hit that Gladiator took from Cannonball would have KO'd Firelord, after all Gladiator's own punch was redirected back at him due to Cannonballs peculiar power. I brought up Speedball, because he did a similar move on Terrax. My point? All characters get beaten up. The Silver Surfer was subdued by the Black Panther, Cap KO'd the Hulk, Juggernaut was clowned by Longshot, Ultraboy was clowned by the Karater Kid... the list goes on, and on.

This however has no bearing on Gladiator at his best taking on Firelord if we lose the low ball moments. Gladiator was also on a team that always appeared to be oppressive, and plot dictated his losses most of the time. I fail to see how a softy like Firelord would possess enough strength to beat someone nearly twice his strength.
Nearly twice as strong?

laughing out loud

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nearly twice as strong?

laughing out loud Yes, you know, the guy who really does have dynamic strength? The guy who its stated by writers, characters like the watcher, reed richards and the x-men such as " the more confident he is the stronger and more powerful he gets? Or is as strong as he believes he is? The strongest member of the annihilators? The one who's DNA gave a clone of thanos strength that was 4x greater than thanos? So, yes, twice might be a lower number. Gladiator takes his head off.

JBL
Lol i think firelord hits harder than canonball and gambit Cannonball redirected gladiators own punching power back at him. ( did nothing ). Gambit hit gladiator with a fully charged deck of cards. Not one single punch. Spiderman raped firelord with his fists and his own laughable strength.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Yes, you know, the guy who really does have dynamic strength? So does many characters like Rage and Wonder Man. Its the matter of what they do with that factor. Gladiator gets his ass beat with that factor. So? She-Hulk gets stronger with anger too. Is she going to beat Thor? That would've helped him a lot in last 35 fights where he got his ass beaten. Never stated. And Xavier's DNA made another clone equally as powerful as Thanos and Thanos' DNA made Omega twice as powerful as Galactus. Xavier=Thanos in strength and Thanos=Galactus in power? Not to mention Warlock was wrong, Thanos himself said the clones were as strong as him. Hahaha. Phoenix said Firelord was nearly as powerful as her and could've killed her. Fast Forward and some shitty avatars nearly killed Gladiator. So Firelord incinerates Gladiator.

wink

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Cannonball redirected gladiators own punching power back at him. ( did nothing ). Gambit hit gladiator with a fully charged deck of cards. Not one single punch. Spiderman raped firelord with his fists and his own laughable strength.
Still nothing compared to Corsair oneshotting Gladiator.

JBL
NOWWWWWWW.... statements from comic characters and writers mean nothing????????????lol. Thanks for the lesson my friend. laughing

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
NOWWWWWWW.... statements from comic characters and writers mean nothing????????????lol. Thanks for the lesson my friend. laughing
Statements from the creator mean more than from a random character.

http://i.imgur.com/dSfTcm9.jpg

JuggernautMania

but you didnt answer me. why are you calling firelord losing to spider man an OK feat. however gladiator losing to guys like gambit and canonball suddenly is PIS? firelord on average is always portrayed as a herald. he took out surfer and thor. gladiator? only lose to guys like those never did once gladiator defeated someone on thor caliber or hulk. gladiator is a joke.

you are just like everybody here like to throw the word lowballing. however how is it lowballing gladiator when he always gets beat up by everyone? if i am lowballing then show me all his great feats. on top of each good feat there are 3 to 5 feats of him getting his ass beat by low healds and even metas. lowballing is when you discredit a character of his high and normal showigns and only choose his low. however i am adressing gladiators overall most showings, thats no lowballing.

by fighting feats firelord did better in fights vs the top guns than gladiator.

guy222
Yay

zopzop
but you didnt answer me. why are you calling firelord losing to spider man an OK feat. however gladiator losing to guys like gambit and canonball suddenly is PIS? firelord on average is always portrayed as a herald. he took out surfer and thor. gladiator? only lose to guys like those never did once gladiator defeated someone on thor caliber or hulk. gladiator is a joke.

you are just like everybody here like to throw the word lowballing. however how is it lowballing gladiator when he always gets beat up by everyone? if i am lowballing then show me all his great feats. on top of each good feat there are 3 to 5 feats of him getting his ass beat by low healds and even metas. lowballing is when you discredit a character of his high and normal showigns and only choose his low. however i am adressing gladiators overall most showings, thats no lowballing.

by fighting feats firelord did better in fights vs the top guns than gladiator.
Both Firelord and Gladiator are respectable Mid Heralds, but Firelord has the better track record vs opponents.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
Both Firelord and Gladiator are respectable Mid Heralds, but Firelord has the better track record vs opponents. gladiator is a mid herald? I always thought that he was a lower level high herald.

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
gladiator is a mid herald? I always thought that he was a lower level high herald.
It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. He's difficult to place because his best showings aren't canon.

h1a8
Gladiator should win in a forum fight (Full Capacity and no PIS).
He's stronger and much faster in combat.

tkitna
And fought Thor and Hercules at the same time. Not to mention Thor admitted he can't beat him.

mmm

Didn't Hercules beat the living shit out of Firelord though? I must go search for some pics.

tkitna
I guess he just punched him and knocked some sense into him. I don't have the scan before this so I cant remember what it was all about. Oh well.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Firelord2.jpg

Taking Gladiator

guy222
Taking Kril

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Didn't Hercules beat the living shit out of Firelord though? I must go search for some pics. Originally posted by tkitna
I guess he just punched him and knocked some sense into him. I don't have the scan before this so I cant remember what it was all about. Oh well.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Firelord2.jpg

Taking Gladiator
That was just after the massive beatdown he took from spidey.

srug

guy222
Firelord has fared well vs Surfer, Thor, and Herc

JBL
Statements from the creator mean more than from a random character.

http://i.imgur.com/dSfTcm9.jpg Do you know the difference between powerful and strength? Silver Surfer is powerful.... Kurse is strong.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Do you know the difference between powerful and strength? Silver Surfer is powerful.... Kurse is strong.
So Thanos+Gladiator=Almost as powerful as Thanos. What did Gladiator contribute actually?

Also I can't help but laugh at Gladiator's DNA being involved in creating a clone somehow translating in Gladiator's strength feats. What's next, X-man being created by Scott and Jean and being far more powerful than Jean without PF translating into Scott being a better telepath than Jean?

facepalm

JBL
So Thanos+Gladiator=Almost as powerful as Thanos. What did Gladiator contribute actually?

Also I can't help but laugh at Gladiator's DNA being involved in creating a clone somehow translating in Gladiator's strength feats. What's next, X-man being created by Scott and Jean and being far more powerful than Jean without PF translating into Scott being a better telepath than Jean?

facepalm Can you understand anything? Gladiators DNA contributed the STRENGTH of the clone, Thanos is not 4x stronger than himself.... Who's DNA gave Warrior his strength? Thanos ( think before you answer ) or Gladiator? Who do you think gave kid gladiator his strength? His mother? roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Can you understand anything? Gladiators DNA contributed the STRENGTH of the clone, Thanos is not 4x stronger than himself.... Who's DNA gave Warrior his strength? Thanos ( think before you answer ) or Gladiator? Who do you think gave kid gladiator his strength? His mother? roll eyes (sarcastic)
So gladiator is about 3 times as strong as Thanos? Or better yet, Omega was twice as powerful as Galactus because of Thanos' DNA, so Thanos=Galactus in power? So Gladiator is somewhere around Galactus in power?

laughing out loud

Pretty great logic right there.

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/jKd9vEK.jpg

Who knew Thanos was as powerful as Galactus.

Bentley
Such an idiotic story arc.

JBL
http://i.imgur.com/jKd9vEK.jpg

Who knew Thanos was as powerful as Galactus. Christ... Omega ate planet after planet, how powerful do you think he will get??? Thats why thanos called him a mistake.... Thanos is powerful and Galactus is powerful... combine the two and yes he will be more powerful than galactus plus all he did was eat planets back to back getting even more powerful. Combine thanos and gladiator and you get gladiators biggest asset.... STRENGTH.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Christ... Omega ate planet after planet, how powerful do you think he will get??? Thats why thanos called him a mistake.... Thanos is powerful and Galactus is powerful... combine the two and yes he will be more powerful than galactus plus all he did was eat planets back to back getting even more powerful. Combine thanos and gladiator and you get gladiators biggest asset.... STRENGTH.
That makes no sense at all. Omega ate those planets because he was angry, not because he was increasing his power.

So you're admitting Thanos is as powerful as Galactus and Gladiator is 3 times stronger than Thanos? How else Omega became twice as powerful as Galactus and Warrior five times stronger than Thanos? Must be the merging of their powers.

Want to make a Thanos vs Gladiator thread and use this as evidence that Gladiator is 3-4 times stronger than Thanos?

JBL
That makes no sense at all. Omega ate those planets because he was angry, not because he was increasing his power.

So you're admitting Thanos is as powerful as Galactus and Gladiator is 3 times stronger than Thanos? How else Omega became twice as powerful as Galactus and Warrior five times stronger than Thanos? Must be the merging of their powers.

Want to make a Thanos vs Gladiator thread and use this as evidence that Gladiator is 3-4 times stronger than Thanos? It does not matter why he ate those planets, it made him more powerful, each of the clones were DIFFERENT. Thanos did NOT know how powerful Omega was anyway, IT WAS A GUESS, get it?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
It does not matter why he ate those planets, it made him more powerful, each of the clones were DIFFERENT. Thanos did NOT know how powerful Omega was anyway, IT WAS A GUESS, get it?
It didn't. It was only to appease his hunger.

lolwut? Thanos didn't knew about the powerlevel of his own creation? Genis confirmed that just one page later anyway.

So what's it? Gladiator is 4 times stronger than Thanos and Thanos is as powerful as Galactus?

JBL
It didn't. It was only to appease his hunger.

lolwut? Thanos didn't knew about the powerlevel of his own creation? Genis confirmed that just one page later anyway.

So what's it? Gladiator is 4 times stronger than Thanos and Thanos is as powerful as Galactus? If that clone went and started eating planets to appease his hunger, what do you think will happen to his power level????? Thanos+Galactus+greedy planet eating pretty much equals being more powerful than Galactus himself. Hell no he did not know the power level of his own creation because he STATED some rivaled his own might yet one proved no match for doctor strange.

guy222
Stay on topic friends

JBL
Originally posted by guy222
Stay on topic friends True.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Both Firelord and Gladiator are respectable Mid Heralds, but Firelord has the better track record vs opponents.

thumb up

JuggernautMania
All the preety girls call me tai

TheLordofMurder
I think Firelord wins 6-7 out of 10...

JuggernautMania
Firelord Got this most of the people here agree.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
If that clone went and started eating planets to appease his hunger, what do you think will happen to his power level????? Thanos+Galactus+greedy planet eating pretty much equals being more powerful than Galactus himself. Hell no he did not know the power level of his own creation because he STATED some rivaled his own might yet one proved no match for doctor strange.
You are just randomly shouting that the planet eating made him more powerful when Thanos created Omega to be more powerful than Galactus to BEGIN with.

Want me to bump Thanos vs Gladiator thread with all this nonsense about Gladiator being 4 times stronger than Thanos? Bran's going to have a field day with you.

JBL
You are just randomly shouting that the planet eating made him more powerful when Thanos created Omega to be more powerful than Galactus to BEGIN with.

Want me to bump Thanos vs Gladiator thread with all this nonsense about Gladiator being 4 times stronger than Thanos? Bran's going to have a field day with you. Lets try this a different way.
1.someone said that gladiator was twice as strong a firelord right?
2.you throw up this... laughing out loud ...... in disbelief right?
3.I give you examples of gladiators strength with several examples using statements from writers and respected comic book characters ( the same kind you praise for superman)Right?
4. The subject was firelords strength vs gladiators strength and the end result was to show gladiator being the stronger right?
5.You come along and lowball gladiator and try and change the subject to gladiators strength vs Thanos strength yet elsewhere, you want people to show you thanos strength feats that places him over supermans strength because you think superman is stronger because you know thanos has no lifting feats??????
6.Yet firelord has no lifting feat to compare to gladiators, but you disregard that fact to suit your needs right?
7.Can YOU even show thanos out-lifting gladiator? That's the method you use with a certain other character right? How come when people use YOUR OWN method, you cry foul and low-ball and use the lowest showing you can find? Firelord is nowhere near gladiators strength range.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Lets try this a different way.
1.someone said that gladiator was twice as strong a firelord right?
2.you throw up this... laughing out loud ...... in disbelief right?
3.I give you examples of gladiators strength with several examples using statements from writers and respected comic book characters ( the same kind you praise for superman)Right?
4. The subject was firelords strength vs gladiators strength and the end result was to show gladiator being the stronger right?
5.You come along and lowball gladiator and try and change the subject to gladiators strength vs Thanos strength yet elsewhere, you want people to show you thanos strength feats that places him over supermans strength because you think superman is stronger because you know thanos has no lifting feats??????
6.Yet firelord has no lifting feat to compare to gladiators, but you disregard that fact to suit your needs right?
7.Can YOU even show thanos out-lifting gladiator? That's the method you use with a certain other character right? How come when people use YOUR OWN method, you cry foul and low-ball and use the lowest showing you can find? Firelord is nowhere near gladiators strength range.
You gave nothing but nonsense as usual, Gladiator isn't twice as strong Firelord. No two ways about it, I've seen every fight both characters have been in and Gladiator is marginally stronger than him at best.

Also shut up, I don't even try to use lifting feats as example in any thread regarding strength, either in Superman/Thanos thread or here. But if you want to know how I came up to conclusion as Firelord is around Gladiator level strength? Here is Gladiator stalemating Thor in strength lock.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg

Here is Firelord stalemating Thor in a strength lock.

http://i.imgur.com/4aCPEFb.jpg

Thor tossed him back and looked slightly stronger but its not like he was less than half as strong as Thor. So, no Gladiator isn't twice as strong as Firelord.

erm

JBL
You gave nothing but nonsense as usual, Gladiator isn't twice as strong Firelord. No two ways about it, I've seen every fight both characters have been in and Gladiator is marginally stronger than him at best.

Also shut up, I don't even try to use lifting feats as example in any thread regarding strength, either in Superman/Thanos thread or here. But if you want to know how I came up to conclusion as Firelord is around Gladiator level strength? Here is Gladiator stalemating Thor in strength lock.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg

Here is Firelord stalemating Thor in a strength lock.

http://i.imgur.com/4aCPEFb.jpg

Thor tossed him back and looked slightly stronger but its not like he was less than half as strong as Thor. So, no Gladiator isn't twice as strong as Firelord. That thor/gladiator scan was not a stalemate, the ground gave way. try reading the words and stop looking at only the pretty pictures. I could show you thor locked up with Kurse, i guess thor is as strong a kurse by what YOU call a stalemate huh?

erm

JBL
Originally posted by JBL
That thor/gladiator scan was not a stalemate, the ground gave way. try reading the words and stop looking at only the pretty pictures. I could show you thor locked up with Kurse, i guess thor is as strong as kurse by what YOU call a stalemate huh?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
That thor/gladiator scan was not a stalemate, the ground gave way. try reading the words and stop looking at only the pretty pictures. I could show you thor locked up with Kurse, i guess thor is as strong as kurse by what YOU call a stalemate huh?
Thor stalemated Gladiator in a strength contest as stated by narration.

Except for the narration that stated Kurse was more than twice as strong as Thor in the very same panel. Spider-man did that to titania and she was stated to be seven times stronger than him in that fight.

JBL
Thor stalemated Gladiator in a strength contest as stated by narration.

Except for the narration that stated Kurse was more than twice as strong as Thor in the very same panel. Spider-man did that to titania and she was stated to be seven times stronger than him in that fight. The Narration CLEARLY stated that thor would not be able to LONG stay locked up with Kurse.. BUT he WAS for the moment even though it WAS NOT going to last. The one with thor and gladiator was cut short by the ground giving way. Those are NOT stalemates. You can hold someone off for a time, but a stalemate is when its no conditions standing in the way of the outcome. Like superman and Captain Marvel arm wrestling... That was a stalemate, neither could out muscle the other. On the other hand if Kurse was there, he could have taken them both on at the same time and they would have appeared for a few seconds to " stalemate " Kurse until he broke both of their arms. That's an example, dont start crying.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
The Narration CLEARLY stated that thor would not be able to LONG stay locked up with Kurse.. BUT he WAS for the moment even though it WAS NOT going to last. The one with thor and gladiator was cut short by the ground giving way. Those are NOT stalemates. You can hold someone off for a time, but a stalemate is when its no conditions standing in the way of the outcome. Like superman and Captain Marvel arm wrestling... That was a stalemate, neither could out muscle the other. On the other hand if Kurse was there, he could have taken them both on at the same time and they would have appeared for a few seconds to " stalemate " Kurse until he broke both of their arms. That's an example, dont start crying.
So where was it stated that Gladiator was stronger than Thor in that scene. That Kurse/Thor scene is an anomaly not the rule. We also have a future Gladiator saying Thor was as strong as him and another future Gladiator saying Thor was too strong for him. For all purposes Gladiator and Thor are equals in strength.

Also laughing out loud @ this poor baiting.

JBL
So where was it stated that Gladiator was stronger than Thor in that scene. That Kurse/Thor scene is an anomaly not the rule. We also have a future Gladiator saying Thor was as strong as him and another future Gladiator saying Thor was too strong for him. For all purposes Gladiator and Thor are equals in strength.

Also laughing out loud @ this poor baiting. It was at the very beginning when they learned who he was and his abilities. Not one of them wanted to face him. Wonderman is almost as strong as thor and has even been stated as being stronger than thor, but was no match whatsoever for gladiator. Gladiator goes down to thors hammer and the hammers power, not by thor himself, without the hammer, thor is no match for gladiator. But just because you are stronger than someone does not mean they cannot be beaten by a weapon like thors hammer. Let me tell you a little secret about thor/gladiator fights.. Show me one time, and i mean just one time that thor has tried hitting gladiator with his fist.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
It was at the very beginning when they learned who he was and his abilities. Not one of them wanted to face him. Wonderman is almost as strong as thor and has even been stated as being stronger than thor, but was no match whatsoever for gladiator. Gladiator goes down to thors hammer and the hammers power, not by thor himself, without the hammer, thor is no match for gladiator. But just because you are stronger than someone does not mean they cannot be beaten by a weapon like thors hammer. Let me tell you a little secret about thor/gladiator fights.. Show me one time, and i mean just one time that thor has tried hitting gladiator with his fist.
There was a thread about comparing them. You could still champion him if you like.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t551447.html

Frankly Thor has feats to crush Gladiator and his fights reflects that.

Also laughing out loud @ calling Wonder Man nearly as strong as Thor. Under that writer he was a true jobber.

Bentley
Truly jobbing is something Thor excels at!

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
It was at the very beginning when they learned who he was and his abilities. Not one of them wanted to face him. Wonderman is almost as strong as thor and has even been stated as being stronger than thor, but was no match whatsoever for gladiator. Gladiator goes down to thors hammer and the hammers power, not by thor himself, without the hammer, thor is no match for gladiator. But just because you are stronger than someone does not mean they cannot be beaten by a weapon like thors hammer. Let me tell you a little secret about thor/gladiator fights.. Show me one time, and i mean just one time that thor has tried hitting gladiator with his fist. for once you are making a lot of sense in your debates. I agree with you on this and your other posts.

guy222
Marvel needs to have a FL series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.