Tatsuya Shiba vs. Kenichi Shirahama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
just like the title says. this is strictly a hand-to-hand combat fight, so Tatsuya can't go around using magic and stuff.

here's a brief vid of Tatsuya's h2h skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4kGzENw9Yo

who wins this?

wakkawakkawakka
I'm voting for Kenichi on this one but based on that clip Tatsuya wouldn't make it easy for him. Even if he could land some blows I doubt he'd be bale to actually KO Kenichi.

NemeBro
Originally posted by danteiscool
just like the title says. this is strictly a hand-to-hand combat fight, so Tatsuya can't go around using magic and stuff.

here's a brief vid of Tatsuya's h2h skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4kGzENw9Yo

who wins this? Based on that clip alone Kenichi is far stronger, and maybe faster as well.

danteiscool
huh, that was odd; took me forever to respond...

anyway, iirc Tatsuya, though not showing it in the vid, is supersonic+ in movement speed and is capable of reacting to hypersonic+ and even massively hypersonic attacks. there is even talk of him being able to react to a magical attack that goes at lightspeed, but I haven't gotten that far into the light novel yet, so take that with a grain of salt.

and while Kenichi is seemingly physically stronger than Tatsuya, Tatsuya himself should still be physically stronger than those guys he was beating up in the first part of the video and they are much stronger tha humans in real life (though admittedly, I don't know how those guys would compare to HSDK disciples in that regard).

SSJGGogeta
Kenichi one shots Tatsuya.

danteiscool
not too sure about that; Tatsuya has an auto-heal ability that activates whenever he's hurt. it's great enough for him to shrug off bullets to the heart and he has a pretty good amount of stamina too.

SSJGGogeta
not too sure about that; Tatsuya has an auto-heal ability that activates whenever he's hurt. it's great enough for him to shrug off bullets to the heart and he has a pretty good amount of stamina too.

But can he dodge?

No matter what, his healing still has a pretty small limit, that Kenichi could probably reach with a punch or two. Either way, he'd be one or two shotted by Kenichi. I don't know much of Kenichi, but from what I DO know, his feats sorely outweigh Tatsuya's.

danteiscool
yeah, he can dodge. he supposedly has hypersonic+, possibly massively hypersonic reaction time so dodging shouldn't be much of an issue. and as for his healing, it's also implied that due to its unique nature, he could full blown regenerate from damn near anything (putting healing factors of guys like classic Dante to shame).

SSJGGogeta
yeah, he can dodge. he supposedly has hypersonic+, possibly massively hypersonic reaction time so dodging shouldn't be much of an issue. and as for his healing, it's also implied that due to its unique nature, he could full blown regenerate from damn near anything (putting healing factors of guys like classic Dante to shame).

Based on what?

Where are his feats saying he can do this?

danteiscool
his speed feats, unfortunately, I cannot recall due to me reading a lot of the chapters in one go. however, he is capable of easily speedblitzing normal magicians who use magic to make themselves stronger and faster and normal magicians with such magic boosts are capable of dodging gunfire at decent range, iirc. Tatsuya can do this without magic amplifying him in any way whatsoever.

as for his healing, well, it works too damn fast for anyone to get a decent idea of it, since it activates at speeds surpassing "human cognition speeds" to semi-quote the wiki. It's to the point where he actually tries to suppress it most of the time, but even then, once his body suffers any injury that would result in lowered optimal combat levels, it activates.

wakkawakkawakka
Well that does seem pretty good. Afterall Kenichi has yet to bullet time IIRC so I'm willing to take your word on the speed argument.

Still Kenichi has strength in he bag along with durability, that ass-whooping for Kano should testify to that. I'm still I Kenichi's corner however I don't think its a stomp by any means.

danteiscool
yeah, there's also a new vid out on youtube, where he gets behind his opponent in less than a second from the looks of it.

in fact, here's the link for it. just skip to about 59 seconds in and watch the rest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpauooHbZoE

yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you there. it works out rather nicely since while Kenichi has the strength and sheer durability advantage, Tatsuya's speed, skill, and stamina helps balance it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.