Barsen'thor Vs Zayne Carrik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Who would win in a fight between these two Jedi? The Legendary Baesen'thor or the youth who survived the taris massacre?
Both are powerful force users yet their skill with the saber is something that would make both Cin Drallig and Dooku roll in their graves.
yet time and time again has shown that often times the force is the deciding factor.
Sabers
Force powers
All out.
On the planet Bespin.
Bonus Match. Both Jedi Versus HK-47 and HK-51 Who wins?

Emperordmb
Based on what we've seen, I think Barsen'thor is more powerful than Carrik. She takes it.

DarthAnt66
Barsen'thor wipes the floor.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Barsen'thor stomps.

Nephthys
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Barsen'thor stomps.

carthage
Someone must really hate Zayne

Lord Stark
Barsen'thor wipes his ass with Zayne.

S_W_LeGenD
Barsen'thor stomps

Fated Xtasy
Really? The barsen'thor? I mean yeah sure he/she is pretty powerful, but I wouldn't say Barsen'thor is better than Carrik, I can Honestly say I believe they are both Mediocre Duelist, and well the Barsen'thor hasn't shown any other force techniques besides the ability to shrug off the Dark Plague and Poisonous abilities as well showing some minor proficiency with TK. Same thing goes for Zayne - minus being able to shrugg off poisonous abilities,

Q99
Zayne was able to hold his own against a pretty impressive master by the end, but he's no Barsen'thor. Barsen'thor was legendary.

Force powers especially go all Barsen.

Barsen'thor has a pretty good list of victories.

To quote Wookiepedia:

"The Barsen'thor was skilled enough to defeat Nalen Raloch while only a Padawan, Lord Vivicar, as a Jedi Knight, and numerous Children of the Sith Emperor such as Augin Blaesus, Sophia Farash and the First Son as a Jedi Master and as the Barsen'thor."

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
minor proficiency with TK.

Lolwut?

Maybe you should look again.

Also while its true the Barsem'thor isn't noted for her dueling abilities, she still blitzes Rakatan war droids and dodges lightning twice in a row. Furthermore she is said to 'embody true skill.'

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lolwut?

Maybe you should look again.

Also while its true the Barsem'thor isn't noted for her dueling abilities, she still blitzes Rakatan war droids and dodges lightning twice in a row. Furthermore she is said to 'embody true skill.'
Alright, I give You that, she/he/it is impressive, but I'm with Zayne, not only was he able to go head to head with Lucian, who is a formidable lightsaber duelist and a powerful force user, who was highly skilled in TK and Force Rage, but he also defeated Haazen who was trained by Arca Jeth. And took out multiple Jedi with force lightning(correct me if I'm wrong). I mean consider the fact that Zayne had "Awkward" relationship with the force and was thought to be a mediocre Jedi, than has to be impressive. So yeah I'll hesitantly give You the win on force powers, but, saber wise Zayne wins.
*sigh* sometimes I wonder if people just say "he stomps" because "hE Ar3 Teh L3gEnDd@ry B@rS3n'Th0r!" I seriously HATE people that think their choices are canon, they are just some hardcore Role players who RP too much imo

Q99
Haazen relied a lot on his Gauntlet of Kressh, which prevented anyone from touching him, and Zayne out*smarted* him. Haazen was basically a failed padawan, after all, despite having a good teacher.

Fighting Lucien is more impressive- Lucien, we saw in training flashbacks, defeated all four of the seer circle jedi behind the massacre. Still, he was never on Lucien's level, merely able to defend himself from Lucien.

Zayne was a very clever character, which helped a lot when taking on stronger foes.

Nalaniel
Barsen'thor.

Nephthys
Alright, I give You that, she/he/it is impressive, but I'm with Zayne, not only was he able to go head to head with Lucian, who is a formidable lightsaber duelist and a powerful force user, who was highly skilled in TK and Force Rage, but he also defeated Haazen who was trained by Arca Jeth. And took out multiple Jedi with force lightning(correct me if I'm wrong). I mean consider the fact that Zayne had "Awkward" relationship with the force and was thought to be a mediocre Jedi, than has to be impressive. So yeah I'll hesitantly give You the win on force powers, but, saber wise Zayne wins.
*sigh* sometimes I wonder if people just say "he stomps" because "hE Ar3 Teh L3gEnDd@ry B@rS3n'Th0r!" I seriously HATE people that think their choices are canon, they are just some hardcore Role players who RP too much imo

People say the Barsen'thor stomps because they've seen me outline just how powerful she is in previous threads. She defeated an ancient Sith Lord who once almost defeated the entire Jedi Order, who was drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters and she beat him while she was weakened.

I do like how you 'hesitantly' give the Barsen'thor the win on force powers. As if its in question whether Zayne can stand up to a character who casually throws bus-sized chunks of metal around, smashes down 'impenetrable' Rakatan Vault doors and tanks explosions that demolish blast doors to the face.

Hint: He can't.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Barsen'thor wipes his ass with Zayne.

Her.

Q99

I do like how you 'hesitantly' give the Barsen'thor the win on force powers. As if its in question whether Zayne can stand up to a character who casually throws bus-sized chunks of metal around, smashes down 'impenetrable' Rakatan Vault doors and tanks explosions that demolish blast doors to the face.

Yea, Zayne was famous for being bad with the force! Or rather, having an 'unusual relationship' with it (In his words, "The force doesn't want me dead. It doesn't want me happy, but it doesn't want me dead."wink.

He does get some pretty accurate visions at times, and he eventually becomes somewhat competent in normal abilities, but compared to Celeste Morne, Lucien, or any of the seers in the seers circle, he was no true match in a strait contest. He heavily relied on friends, plans, and circumstances to do what he did.

chilled monkey
saber wise Zayne wins.

You must be joking.

not only was he able to go head to head with Lucian, who is a formidable lightsaber duelist and a powerful force user, who was highly skilled in TK and Force Rage

So what?

The Barsen'thor has beaten tons of guys who were formidable lightsabre duelists and powerful Force users. Not just "gone head to head with," she defeated them. Some of which she did while weakened.

I hate it when people ignore the facts and say a character loses just because of personal bias.

Both are powerful force users yet their skill with the saber is something that would make both Cin Drallig and Dooku roll in their graves.

And you base this on what exactly?

The Barsen'thor won numerous lightsabre duels against insane Jedi, Sith Lords and Children of the Emperor. She clearly know how to handle a blade.

Fated Xtasy
People say the Barsen'thor stomps because they've seen me outline just how powerful she is in previous threads. She defeated an ancient Sith Lord who once almost defeated the entire Jedi Order, who was drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters and she beat him while she was weakened.

So what? Any padawan with some basic knowledge of the force can throw chunks of rock and metal, and as for the 'impenetrable' door, Anakin was able bring down a Giant statue during his attack on the Temple, Jaden Korr brought down a huge Pillar during the battle of korriban, Kyle Katarn on Vjun was able to save Jaden and himself by holdig the rubble with the force. this a feat countless of Jedi have accomplished, Impressive? Yes. Amazing? No, Look at Yoda during the invasion of corousant or Mace during the battle of dantooine, or how about Darth Nihilius who pulled his flag ship from Malachor's orbit?
And as for my hesitancy, Carrik was able to lift 6 miners at one point in his lifetime, impressive? Yes. Amazing? No. But still it is a feat worth noting. Like I've said before Zayne is an adept duelist and was able to hold out against Lucian who is a formidable duelist and force user, the Barsen'thor is powerful, no doubt, but her abilities are not amazing, but with that said I think she is an impressive Jedi. But she is - at best - an okay duelist, Nowhere near Lucian's level.

Nephthys
So what? Any padawan with some basic knowledge of the force can throw chunks of rock and metal,

Its the size of the metal that matters. She casually threw a chunk of metal that should have weighed a good few hundred tons. And she threw it damn far as well.

and as for the 'impenetrable' door, Anakin was able bring down a Giant statue during his attack on the Temple, Jaden Korr brought down a huge Pillar during the battle of korriban, Kyle Katarn on Vjun was able to save Jaden and himself by holdig the rubble with the force.

Lol, none of that is nearly as impressive as what the Barsen'thor did. Thats not even as impressive as this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/30f33c05a03920427cccee1290d51490/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o1_500.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/987fe392f1ff526beec47ae6dbc1d448/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o2_500.png

Which the Barsen'thor does casually and at the start of the game.

Knocking over some stone statues and holding up some rubble doesn't compare to smashing though meter-thick blast doors.

this a feat countless of Jedi have accomplished, Impressive? Yes. Amazing? No, Look at Yoda during the invasion of corousant or Mace during the battle of dantooine, or how about Darth Nihilius who pulled his flag ship from Malachor's orbit?

And those characters are considered to be among the greatest ever. Just because she isn't juggling mountains doesn't mean the Barsen'thor isn't well above Zayne bloody Carrik.

And as for my hesitancy, Carrik was able to lift 6 miners at one point in his lifetime, impressive? Yes.

No. Didn't he do that in space?

At the start of the game the Consular defeat Nalen Raloch, who was powerful enough to rip a large section of rock out of a caverns ceiling. A large enough section to collapse the entire cave. Zayne doesn't even compare with the first boss of the game, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Amazing? No. But still it is a feat worth noting. Like I've said before Zayne is an adept duelist and was able to hold out against Lucian who is a formidable duelist and force user, the Barsen'thor is powerful, no doubt, but her abilities are not amazing, but with that said I think she is an impressive Jedi. But she is - at best - an okay duelist, Nowhere near Lucian's level.

The Barsen'thor is said to 'embody true skill', as I said. Its noted in the encyclopedia that thinking that a Consular isn't a skilled duelist is a mistake. Satele Shan herself remarks that shes deeply impressed with the Barsen'thor's combat abilities as a padawan and Qyzen Fess is so awed that he believes her to be the avatar of his GOD. Do not understimate the Barsen'thor's skill.

chilled monkey
But she is - at best - an okay duelist,

Again, what do you base this claim on exactly?

Nephthys and I have both presented something to prove our point that the Barsen'thor is a skilled duelist.

You have presented nothing other than personal bias.

Lord Stark
^Wait what evidence? I am curious.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Again, what do you base this claim on exactly?

Nephthys and I have both presented something to prove our point that the Barsen'thor is a skilled duelist.

You have presented nothing other than personal bias.
Must I be the meat in a imbecile sandwich! Okay @chilled monkey don't pretend to understand my reasoning, I have no personal biased against the Barsen'thor, in fact I've been very fair, in my opinion. Nothing I've said is based on biased, it is all facts.
Zayne Carrik clumsy force user? Yes, Fact.
Barsen'thor powerful Jedi? Yes, Fact.
Zayne Carrik, better duelist? Yes, Fact
Barsen'thor, impressive feats? Yes. Fact. Fact, Fact, fact
How about next time you read my other post before accusing me of being biased, I'm very fair in my judgments, compared to others on the site.

@Neph really? Are you bloody serious! How is Anakin's moving a colossal statue, nothing compared to what the Barsen'thor did? The Barsen'thor is impressive, but her abilities are nothing compared to Kreia's Vast knowledge of the Force and it horrible abilities or Starkiller's great master of force rage and his destructive and chaotic Force powers. Hell Starkiller is the Barsen'thor with better dueling skills. By the by, Neph, if you wanna bring wookipedia into this, well it also say ls her skills with the lightsaber are very minor, so I certainly hope you won't be a hypocrite and bring all the good from wookipedia, yet, ignore the bad.
either way I respect your opinions and agree with some of them, but I say Zayne wins, he's just far more skilled with saber than Barsen'thor.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This is getting a little ridiculous. Barsen's feats and accolades outstrip Zayne's so badly, that you may as well pit sidious against yaddle.

chilled monkey
Must I be the meat in a imbecile sandwich! Okay @chilled monkey don't pretend to understand my reasoning, I have no personal biased against the Barsen'thor, in fact I've been very fair, in my opinion. Nothing I've said is based on biased, it is all facts.

Don't make me laugh.

Zayne Carrik, better duelist? Yes, Fact

False.

I have asked you twice already to provide some proof of Zayne's alleged superiority as a duelist and twice you have ignored the question.

How about next time you read my other post before accusing me of being biased, I'm very fair in my judgments, compared to others on the site.

I've read your posts and it's clear you're very biased seeing as you repeatedly claim Zayne is a better duelist with no evidence to prove it and are even arrogant enough to state this as a fact for no other reason than "because I say so."

@Neph really? By the by, Neph, if you wanna bring wookipedia into this, well it also say ls her skills with the lightsaber are very minor,

That's a lie. The article says, and I quote

"Trained as a Jedi Consular, the Barsen'thor was a master of wielding the Force and had AT LEAST minor proficiency with a lightsaber."

See the bit where it says "at least?" At no point is the "minor proficiency" bit stated to be conclusive and it certainly doesn't say "very minor."

either way I respect your opinions and agree with some of them, but I say Zayne wins, he's just far more skilled with saber than Barsen'thor.

Yet again, what proof is there that Zayne is "far more skilled" with a lightsabre?

And before you start yipping "Zayne held off Lucien Draay" I'll say it again.

So what?

The Barsen'thor has won tons of lightsabre duels against very powerful and skilled opponents. Not just held them off, she WON numerous duels against them.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
^Wait what evidence? I am curious.

Do you have short-term memory loss or something?

Nephthys clearly stated that Satele Shan (you know, only the Jedi Grandmaster) acknowledged the Barsen'thor as highly skilled. They also provided lines from the SWTOR encyclopedia which state that Jedi Consulars are skilled with lightsabres.

I pointed out that she has won tons of lightsabre duels.

chilled monkey
Oh, and I haven't forgotten that you only "hesitantly" admitted the Barsen'thor was the better Force-user.

So yeah I'll hesitantly give You the win on force powers,

This is like "hesitantly" giving Palpatine the win on Force powers vs. Johun Othone.

Or this whingefest here:

No, you're not biased at all (that's sarcasm).

S_W_LeGenD
Seriously, this contest warrants a debate?

Barsen'thor might just choke Zayne to death. No contest.

Fated Xtasy
Okay lets go over the Barsen'thor enemies,
#1 Nalen Rolch, how is he impressive? He literally has no Jedi Training what so ever, thats like saying Kyle's defeat of stormtrooper is impressive.

#2 Augin Blaesus, has no impressive feats or accolades, how is he impressive?

#3 Sophia Farash, once again no great techniques no extraordinary skill with a light saber.

Out of all her opponents, the only impressive ones are Lord Vivicar and The First son, and even then Vivicar is still more impressive than The first son, Imo
So yeah Force wise she's great, powerful, hell I'll even say masterful and amazing(no sarcasm)
she defeated countless of droids, mercs and Jedi, ****ing A! So has Jaden, Kyle, Revan and Anakin. Still impressive(once again, no sarcasm) she was able to open a impenetrable door using the force, great, I'm not denying her skill with the Force, it obviously very great compared to Zayne, and I would an idiot to deny it, with all that said however, you must admit, the Barsen'thor's quest line is more about the Force itself rather than the physical aspect that comes with being a Jedi.
So I see what you @chilled monkey might interpret as Biased, I am hateful or as my master would say "a person who highly dislikes" Favoritism, hardcore Role players that believe their choice are canon and fanboyism. That is what I hate or strongly dislike, because it is something I've seen time and time again(on other sites) and it bothers me that people - due to favoritism and Fanboyism and sometimes just force the 'troll' of it. And I know I might or more likely have come across like that and for that I apologize, I Honestly try to be fair in my Threads(go take a look!) so if I came across like a 13 yo fanboy, I apologize. Either way I respect your and everyone else's opinion and I'd like to thank all of You for keeping this thread interesting smile

SIDIOUS 66
LoL

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Barsen'thor might just choke Zayne to death. No contest.

Probably more easy than that.

chilled monkey
Okay lets go over the Barsen'thor enemies,
#1 Nalen Rolch, how is he impressive? He literally has no Jedi Training what so ever, thats like saying Kyle's defeat of stormtrooper is impressive.

Not so. Firstly he did have training from Rajivari's holocron, to the point where he was able to rip a huge chunk of rock out of a cave ceiling. Secondly he was a highly skilled fighter who defeated Qyzen Fess, a veteran Trandoshan whose entire life is about making honourable kills, including Wookies. Third, Satele Shan herself considered the Barsen'thor's victory over him an impressive achievement.

Make no mistake, Nalen was no stormtrooper.

#2 Augin Blaesus, has no impressive feats or accolades, how is he impressive?

He and Lord Kyrus slaughtered an army of Sarkhai troops and fought through the palace defenses. Plus the king and queen stated that he seemed invincible in combat.

Not much granted, but better than nothing.

#3 Sophia Farash, once again no great techniques no extraordinary skill with a light saber.

True, but remember she is a Child of the Emperor and they are high on the Sith Empire totem pole.

Out of all her opponents, the only impressive ones are Lord Vivicar and The First son, and even then Vivicar is still more impressive than The first son, Imo

Keep in mind though that she's beating Jedi masters despite only just being knighted. That's very early in her career. Plus the fact that using the shielding technique is stated to weaken her each time it's used (yes I know, depends on player choice, but I think we can safely assume until we learn otherwise that she did shield them rather than kill them).

Also keep in mind that Sith of this era were held to ludicrously high standards. True, that's not actual feats, but I think it's safe to assume that all Sith of the era should be considered at least to be no pushovers.

she defeated countless of droids, mercs and Jedi, ****ing A! So has Jaden, Kyle, Revan and Anakin.

You do know, don't you, that all of the guys you just mentioned are elite lightsabre duelists (except Jaden and while not an elite, he's still a high-level duelist)?

So you're admitting that the Barsen'thor's fighting skills are on the same level as guys who are acknowledged as some of the greatest swordsmen of their eras? Good, glad we sorted that out.

Still impressive(once again, no sarcasm) she was able to open a impenetrable door using the force, great, I'm not denying her skill with the Force, it obviously very great compared to Zayne, and I would an idiot to deny it, with all that said however, you must admit, the Barsen'thor's quest line is more about the Force itself rather than the physical aspect that comes with being a Jedi.

True. I suspect that is why the Wookiepedia article is worded the way it is.

So I see what you @chilled monkey might interpret as Biased, I am hateful or as my master would say "a person who highly dislikes" Favoritism, hardcore Role players that believe their choice are canon and fanboyism. That is what I hate or strongly dislike, because it is something I've seen time and time again(on other sites) and it bothers me that people - due to favoritism and Fanboyism and sometimes just force the 'troll' of it. And I know I might or more likely have come across like that and for that I apologize, I Honestly try to be fair in my Threads(go take a look!) so if I came across like a 13 yo fanboy, I apologize. Either way I respect your and everyone else's opinion and I'd like to thank all of You for keeping this thread interesting smile

You're welcome. Apology accepted.

To be fair I can see your point.

Emperordmb
how is this even a thread?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Good question

Fated Xtasy
Bump to humble my butt.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well Kerra's certainly a more appropriate opponent than ****in Barsen'thor

carthage
Kas'im has a better chance of beating Darth Malgus, than Zayne has of winning this fight

SunRazer
No idea how this managed to reach a full two pages, but the Barsen'thor could probably beat Zayne by the time he finished his Prologue.

Post-Act 3 Consular? Zayne would probably be a strong mob for him at most, lol.

The Consular's feats and accolades are just better. Not seeing how this is a debatable thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.