The Avengers vs Two World Engines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
The Avengers have to take out both World Engines in less than 2 hrs. These are the engines on the Superman movie. Can they succeed? No prep.

Firefly218
Thor takes em out with lightening

NemeBro
Thor can destroy one, since he benefits from having pretty good ranged attacks, beyond what Superman puts out.

The other one? Not sure Ironman can penetrate it, and Hulk can't fly up there to try and smash it. Thor is also possibly too slow to make it in time.

TH3_V01D
The Two World engines alone? Thor take out one but the other one would do serious damage

Or the kriptonians also?, because full powered Zod would destroy the avengers, h.. shield, and the helicarriers alone.

Firefly218
They get 2 hours, and there is no ZOD or Kryptonians in the way

FrothByte
Thor can take out one and IM can fly Hulk to the other. They won't be weakened by the Kryptonian atmosphere unlike Superman, so it shouldn't be that much trouble for them... assuming they get past the defense mechanism.

abhilegend
The gravity crushes them. None of the avengers showed the durability to tank attacks that could crush skyscrapers or flatten cars like tissue paper.

thumb up

NemeBro
Why couldn't Thor just fire at it outside of its crushing range?

KingD19
Or fly down at it from above.

And yeah, Hulk is heavy, but Iron Man can carry him at least long enough to unleash him on it.

Kazenji
Or even Iron Man could carry Bruce Banner and once he's near enough let Bruce Rage out

if not that teach Bruce the basics of flying a Iron Man suit and go from there.

KingD19
They could even use a Quinjet.

Psychotron
Without the Kryptonians to guard it or any weakness caused by the atmosphere there shouldn't be a problem for the Avengers. Now, if Zod was there...

DrDeadpool
Avengers will destroy them.

Lestov16
Avengers should be able to take them down. I always wondered why nobody in MOS thought to launch missiles at the world engine. I know it was done in The Avengers, but considering the circumstances, it would only be logical.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Avengers should be able to take them down. I always wondered why nobody in MOS thought to launch missiles at the world engine. I know it was done in The Avengers, but considering the circumstances, it would only be logical.

Was somewhat explained. The gravity was making the missiles fired from the F-22 lose guidance.

Lestov16
I must have missed that. Explains a lot.

Robtard
One of the pilots mentioned it right after a missile went crazy and hits a bunch of pedestrians running. Was also making the F-22s lose control and crash into buildings.

Though it's possible human ordinance wouldn't harm Kryptonian tech, considering how durable their body armor was.

carver9
You all must forgot about the metallic snake like things that was fighting Superman (that was connected to the World Engine).

Robtard
Easily the most stupid part of the film, so those are best forgotton.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
You all must forgot about the metallic snake like things that was fighting Superman (that was connected to the World Engine).

Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor can take out one and IM can fly Hulk to the other. They won't be weakened by the Kryptonian atmosphere unlike Superman, so it shouldn't be that much trouble for them... assuming they get past the defense mechanism.

He didn't.

The Silent Hero
The only Avenger who has a shot is Thor with his ranged lightning attack, but there is no guarantee that will work. His lightning was pretty work.

Nobody else can do it.

Robtard
Nah, Hulk could punch one senseless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.