What 5 metas???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What 5 metas can you put together to create a high Herald?.

God Cloth Seiya
I don't think you can but I would use

Northstar, Aquaman, Human torch, Invisible woman, karate kid

zopzop
Thing (for strength/fighting skills)
Invisible Woman (force fields)
X-Ray (energy projection, light speed travel, solid energy body so no need for food/water/air/etc but you can still exploit Thing's physical stats)
White Queen (Telepathy)
Havok (energy absorption and projection to amp X-Ray's abilities)

That's a solid High Herald no?

Digi
This is way too easy. Reed + a technomorph + a telepath to link their thoughts together. Add in Ultimate Reed and another technomorph for good measure. I'd say that's at least Skyfather potential right there, probably more.

If it's an amalgam, it's even easier because you can skip the telepath and 2nd technomorph. Maybe add in a speedster like QS or classic Jay Garrick so they operate even faster.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Thing (for strength/fighting skills)
Invisible Woman (force fields)
X-Ray (energy projection, light speed travel, solid energy body so no need for food/water/air/etc but you can still exploit Thing's physical stats)
White Queen (Telepathy)
Havok (energy absorption and projection to amp X-Ray's abilities)

That's a solid High Herald no?

Your strength sucks though. I probably would have picked Grey Hulk
At least you can amp.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Your strength sucks though. I probably would have picked Grey Hulk
At least you can amp.
Grey Hulk isn't a meta. He's at least low herald (look at the way he schooled the West Coast Avengers).

Thing is the best you can do meta wise in the strength department without breaking into herald level.

@Digi
Meh

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
This is way too easy. Reed + a technomorph + a telepath to link their thoughts together. Add in Ultimate Reed and another technomorph for good measure. I'd say that's at least Skyfather potential right there, probably more.

If it's an amalgam, it's even easier because you can skip the telepath and 2nd technomorph. Maybe add in a speedster like QS or classic Jay Garrick so they operate even faster.

So if a high Herald confronts you face to face...a catch off guard battle, would you win? Do you think you will have a chance of winning?

pym-ftw
Pym + QS

That is all.

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Pym + QS

That is all. northstar is better.

pym-ftw
Maybe, but he's Canadian

God Cloth Seiya
Which is why he his better. His gay hormones would even make galactus scream like a *****.

-Pr-
First of all, Aquaman is a herald. Otherwise... I dunno.

God Cloth Seiya
I don't think Aquaman is quiet on Herald level but that's just my opinion.

golem370
Classic Sasquatch Strength and durability

Cannonball Thermo-Chemical Energy Field Propulsion & Blast Shield

Madrox ◾Kinetic Duplication

Havok (energy absorption and projection abilities)

Longshot Probability Field Manipulation

"Id"
Rogue + Sage

Oh you said high hearld not abstract level

Stoic
Wolverine (Healing factor, adamantium skeleton, claws)
Colossus (Strength, metallic skin transformations at will)
Spider Man (Precog, agility)
Jay Garrick (Speed)
Forge (Intuitive genius, mystic)

I may have made a Trans tier being here, with Forge's ability to upgrade anything based on imagination.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by -Pr-
First of all, Aquaman is a herald. Otherwise... I dunno.

-Pr- .... Keep telling yourself that so you can sleep better at night smokin'

Stoic
Originally posted by dial J for Josh

If Ikaris is a Herald, Aquaman certainly is one as well.

zopzop
Originally posted by golem370
Classic Sasquatch Strength and durability

Cannonball Thermo-Chemical Energy Field Propulsion & Blast Shield

Madrox ◾Kinetic Duplication

Havok (energy absorption and projection abilities)

Longshot Probability Field Manipulation Originally posted by Stoic
Wolverine (Healing factor, adamantium skeleton, claws)
Colossus (Strength, metallic skin transformations at will)
Spider Man (Precog, agility)
Jay Garrick (Speed)
Forge (Intuitive genius, mystic)

I may have made a Trans tier being here, with Forge's ability to upgrade anything based on imagination.
How do these heralds deal with mindr@pe or BFR?

-Pr-

did you read the new 52 series of his? he's a solid low herald, imo.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Stoic
If Ikaris is a Herald, Aquaman certainly is one as well.

Originally posted by -Pr-
did you read the new 52 series of his? he's a solid low herald, imo.

lol I was trolling. Arthur has definitely closed the gap between meta and Herald. He has proven himself especially in the new 52 to merit a title as a herald. I like Aquaman a lot btw.

Stoic

Forge's ability to create anything will not only allow me this amalgam to create a device to cancel out TP assault, but the device could also reflect the attack back at the assailant. Forge is a bad ass, and the only reason why Marvel doesn't give him more spotlight is because Iron Man would become irrelevant. Shit with Forges powers I could give myself TP, well at least mystical TP, and augment the ability with tech devices.

Oh and BFR? Forge's power's could make certain that something like that would be very hard to achieve. All the same Sentry is a High Herald, but that did not stop him from being removed from battles.

zopzop
Forge's ability to create anything will not only allow me this amalgam to create a device to cancel out TP assault, but the device could also reflect the attack back at the assailant. Forge is a bad ass, and the only reason why Marvel doesn't give him more spotlight is because Iron Man would become irrelevant. Shit with Forges powers I could give myself TP, well at least mystical TP, and augment the ability with tech devices.
So if a high Herald confronts you face to face...a catch off guard battle, would you win? Do you think you will have a chance of winning?

Stoic

Are you kidding, with augmentation upgrades I could tripple the Colossus strength portion, enhance the healing, never allow myself to be hit with the speed, agility, and precognitive abilities, and erect personal mystic shields, as well as make Thanos like shields, and force cubes to stop any Herald level character. Yes I went there, I made a first generation Thanos clone... Only faster.

zopzop
Are you kidding, with augmentation upgrades I could triple the Colossus strength portion, enhance the healing, never allow myself to be hit with the speed, agility, and precognitive abilities, and erect personal mystic shields, as well as make Thanos like shields, and force cubes to stop any Herald level character. Yes I went there, I made a first generation Thanos clone... Only faster.

Stoic

What?

Digi

Well, answer my question. Is it amalgam? If so, I only used 3 of my 5 picks, and stated that my 4th would be a speedster, which would negate this challenge from all but the most blindsided attacks. I'd probably use my last pick to shore up my base stats. Maybe a flyer or someone with strength and durability plus some versatility.

But since you're pushing me here, let's do this proper:

1 - Reed
2 - Ultimate Reed
3 - Technomorph (Warlock? He'll do.)
4 - Exiles Mimic (which includes speedster reactions, healing factor, eye beams, and high meta base strength)
5 - Death's Head II or a flying brick like Guardian or Cpt. Britain

So now I have a speedster technomorph with the two best inventors in comics controlling him, an incredible healing factor and a blade arm that's stronger than secondary adamantium (assuming DHII). I don't need most of that. The Reeds would take my guy to Skyfather+ on their own. The rest is just insurance. Boring but effective.

And this is still just off the top of my head. I could probably come up with someone way better as my 5th, for example. So it's not a terrible challenge on paper, but it's ultimately too easy. There are a couple other good combos in this thread so far. But not only does my combo wipe its ass with heralds, it probably runs a train on every combo mentioned so far (though a couple would provide good fights). But there are hundreds of combos that would get you to high herald or better. Mine is undoubtedly not the best. It's just one of the more quick and painless routes.

Now, if it's NOT amalgam, that's a bit different. But Reeds + technomorph + telepath to link them up, and I have my last pick to ward them from a speedblitz. Still not too tricky.

carver9
Yes, its an amalgam. Now let me get back to reading the rest of your post.

Digi
Yes, its an amalgam. Now let me get back to reading the rest of your post.

thumb up

I actually enjoy threads like these, but there's usually too many loopholes to easy domination. It's the reason we had to institute like 10 different types of rules in tourneys (duplication, tech creation, etc.). Anything over about low meta would turn into abstract prep battles otherwise. And even then...I remember a couple low meta tourneys where entrants grasped at Skyfather meshes (with varied success, if memory serves). It doesn't always work, but the point is the same.

Tech is the easiest. I cheated and went with the haxx Richards clan. Someone on the last page used Forge. Another used Pym. Same principle. It's not the only way past herald, but most tech geniuses have enough under their belt that, properly partnered, they can vault several tiers instantly.

zopzop
Well, answer my question. Is it amalgam? If so, I only used 3 of my 5 picks, and stated that my 4th would be a speedster, which would negate this challenge from all but the most blindsided attacks. I'd probably use my last pick to shore up my base stats. Maybe a flyer or someone with strength and durability plus some versatility.

1 - Reed
2 - Ultimate Reed
4 - Exiles Mimic (which includes speedster reactions, healing factor, eye beams, and high meta base strength)

Tsk tsk.....cheater big grin

Digi
Tsk tsk.....cheater big grin

Lol. You nubs gotta up your game. Why get a speedster when you can get a speedster plus 5 other things? Tourney drafting 101. I was never the most clever with crazy strats - that award would go to people like Blair or Id - but you knew that if someone was drafting a one-trick pony, and it wasn't an all-powerful, tourney-wrecking pony, that that participant was dead in the water. Seeing someone like Thing or QS being drafted was the best thing in the world.

Stoic

1 - Reed
2 - Ultimate Reed

So now I have a speedster technomorph with the two best inventors in comics controlling him, an incredible healing factor and a blade arm that's stronger than secondary adamantium (assuming DHII). I don't need most of that. The Reeds would take my guy to Skyfather+ on their own. The rest is just insurance. Boring but effective.

And this is still just off the top of my head. I could probably come up with someone way better as my 5th, for example. So it's not a terrible challenge on paper, but it's ultimately too easy. There are a couple other good combos in this thread so far. But not only does my combo wipe its ass with heralds, it probably runs a train on every combo mentioned so far (though a couple would provide good fights). But there are hundreds of combos that would get you to high herald or better. Mine is undoubtedly not the best. It's just one of the more quick and painless routes.

Now, if it's NOT amalgam, that's a bit different. But Reeds + technomorph + telepath to link them up, and I have my last pick to ward them from a speedblitz. Still not too tricky.

I don't know what you're talking about Digi, my guy would dance all over your scrub.

maxivitopowe
Maddox, Havok, Shaw, Madame Webb 2, Nightcrawler

maxivitopowe
Maddox, Havok, Shaw, Agent X, Gambit

TheLordofMurder
I got this in the bag...EASY!!

1) Thing (Strength, Durability, Stamina)...
2) She-Hulk (further adds to Strength, Durability, Stamina)...
3) Abomination (further adds to Strength, Durability, Stamina)...
4) Rogue (further adds to Strength, Stamina, Durability; adds flight and the ability to drain enemy powers)...
5) Dracula (will amp this composite beings strength x20 and add to its durability , adds permanent immunity to Psionic Attacks via being Undead, adds Weather Control, Invulnerability via Mist Form, the ability to defeat and enslave enemies with a single bite, the ability to summon creatures of darkness to attack/distract foes, improved agility/speed, and magic use)...

This being may actually threaten (as pertains pure combat ability) to penetrate deep into the Trans Tier...

deathslash
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

4) Rogue (further adds to Strength, Stamina, Durability; adds flight and the ability to drain enemy powers)...
5) Dracula (will amp this composite beings strength x20 and add to its durability , adds permanent immunity to Psionic Attacks via being Undead, adds Weather Control, Invulnerability via Mist Form, the ability to defeat and enslave enemies with a single bite, the ability to summon creatures of darkness to attack/distract foes, improved agility/speed, and magic use)...

This being may actually threaten (as pertains pure combat ability) to penetrate deep into the Trans Tier... dude, just about half of the people that you mentioned are herald level characters.

SamZED
Colossus
Quicksilver
Human Torch

Not only a herald but a badass as well.

Glorificus
Reed Richards/Hank Pym
Forge/Madison Jeffries
Quicksilver
Longshot
Emma Frost

golem370

As far as mine Cannonball can fly havok can use his powers to fly too and with longshot's powers might not work plus with madrox powers the herald could end up fighting and army of my guy.

meep-meep
What 5 metas can you put together to create a high Herald?.

Hm. Maybe:
Human Torch
Iceman
Sebastian Shaw
Vision
Quicksilver

Is Crusher Creel considered meta?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Colossus
Quicksilver
Human Torch

Not only a herald but a badass as well.

Molten Man would rape him.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Molten Man would rape him. He MELTS. He cant rape anyone.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by deathslash
dude, just about half of the people that you mentioned are herald level characters.

As per the Tierings here at KMC, none of the characters I mentioned are Heralds...

TheLordofMurder

This being may actually threaten (as pertains pure combat ability) to penetrate deep into the Trans Tier...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by meep-meep
Hm. Maybe:
Human Torch
Iceman
Sebastian Shaw
Vision
Quicksilver

Is Crusher Creel considered meta?

Iceman and Creel are Heralds as per KMC's Tierings...

pym-ftw
Current Vision is aswell

Digi
I don't know what you're talking about Digi, my guy would dance all over your scrub.

You spent 3 picks (Jay, Colossus, Logan) getting very little more, and maybe less, than I did with 1 in Exiles Mimic. Can Forge match both Reeds combined? That's your only hope. And where is he getting his materials? I have Warlock. You have...??

thumb up

Most high heralds would destroy your guy. You picked a bunch of bricks with similar power sets. It's debatable that they'd even stack.

srug

zopzop
thumb up
LOL LoM big grin

But they are right, you have a few actual heralds on your team.

carver9
Received this from a buddy. I think these combinations are amazing.

Guido
Bishop
Colossus
Sabretooth
Polaris

Colossus's organic steel body combine with Creed's healing mean that he doesn't gotta worry about his absorption powers overloading so there's virtually nothing that's gonna hurt the guy in the form of energy blasts or punches, Polaris+Bishop= virtually immune to outside magnetic manipulation and with Bishop's absorption/amping abilities Polaris's magnetic powers easily have the potential surpass Magneto, especially since Colossus's body and Creed's healing means that he wouldn't fatigue from using his powers to his limits big grin .

PS and If you're wondering why I didn't use Wolverine instead of Sabretooth, it's because Guido's powers warp the body when he absorbs alot of energy and I didn't thing it would be good for him to suddenly outgrow his adamantium skeleton laughing out loud

carver9
Also, what about Darwin? Wouldn't he be a good choice along with Blink.

zopzop
Psh, my guy still wins.

Up your game gents!

Digi
Also, what about Darwin? Wouldn't he be a good choice along with Blink.

Darwin's not meta.

Psh, my guy still wins.

Up your game gents!

Joking, yes? Any of the tech teams could probably make a case for abstract upper limits.

maxivitopowe
mine could probably deal with most heralds

-Pr-
lol I was trolling. Arthur has definitely closed the gap between meta and Herald. He has proven himself especially in the new 52 to merit a title as a herald. I like Aquaman a lot btw.

Fine... ****er.

==

Cyclops
Colossus
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Iceman

There.

TheLordofMurder
Most high heralds would destroy your guy. You picked a bunch of bricks with similar power sets. It's debatable that they'd even stack.

srug

I disagree...

First off I was under the assumption that all powers/abilities/strength/durability/ect would stack...

Assumming that they do, my guy would annihilate a High Herald; you have the strength of Thing, She-Hulk, Abomination, and Rogue combined x20...

Without PIS, no High Herald is taking punches from this composite being...period. This guy would knock Thanos around.

Inaddition, this being could steal peoples powers by touch as Rogue could, would possess flight, would have Dracs gaze attack amped by the combined willpower of Drac and Ben, could win a fight by landing a single bite attack, would have excellent durability, would be able to become Invulnerable via Mist Form if he somehow got into trouble, would have complete Invulnerability to Psionic Attack due to being Undead, would have Weather Control, could summon minions, would have enhanced speed/reflexes, and has access to magic...

Such a composite being could definitely win a fight against a High Herald and a portion of the Trans Tier...

TheLordofMurder
LOL LoM big grin

But they are right, you have a few actual heralds on your team.

Abomination, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, BOX I (Roger Bochs), Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Crystal, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Gamora, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian II (Heather Hudson), Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Karate Kid, Living Laser, Machine Man, Manbot, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nico Minoru, Nightshade, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Spiral, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Windshear, Wonder Man, Zzaxx

These are the High Meta's as per the Tierings here; only Drac isnt on this list (Rogue is a Mid Meta according to the Tierings), but Drac isnt on any of the Tiers... sad

Now I do agree that some of these might be wrong.... wink

Stoic
You spent 3 picks (Jay, Colossus, Logan) getting very little more, and maybe less, than I did with 1 in Exiles Mimic. Can Forge match both Reeds combined? That's your only hope. And where is he getting his materials? I have Warlock. You have...??

srug

Shoring up all of the weak points is what my toon is all about. You have a Technomorph body that sticks out like a sore thumb brother. Wouldn't Emp bombardment typically compromise it? All of those powers are great; but if your toon can't hit hard enough with them, or even land a hit, on top of not being able to get out of my toon's force cube your toon would just be a captive.

My toon has an adamantium skeleton healing abilities, and a near indestructible skin that could be further toughened, by a suit of armor that makes Iron Man look prehistoric. With low level precognitive abilities, agility, and light speed movement, you're toon would essentially be moving as if it was stuck in amber, as my toon ripped it apart with indestructible claws at the speed of light. You ever see the Tazmanian Devil? Forge's abilities would be the arch stone that brings this all together in perfect harmony, not to mention that he also has mysticism to help augment nearly all of this toons physical stats, among other things.

Where would I get the materials? Are you kidding? My toon could steal or take whatever he or she wanted to, at the speed of light. I'm trying to understand why you took 2 Reeds? I thought that this was redundant, because you only really needed one.

"Id"
Qubit + Bete Noire for an easy on paper proof combo.

celeyhyga17
Captain Marvel
Nova
Emma Frost
Plastic Man
Blue Beetle

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Captain Marvel
Nova
Emma Frost
Plastic Man
Blue Beetle heresies

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
heresies
Choo talkin bout?

Branlor Swift
Polaris
Wolverine
Deadpool
Cannonball
Northstar I guess

I rip the adamantium skeleton out and Wolverine/Deadpool's healing factor should make that an alright process

Then I Cannonball at people at lightspeed with an indestructible adamantium shield or pike, and Cannonball's shield backed by Polaris' protects me from any damage while I do so. And other possibilities.

carver9
Northstar - FTL speed/reflexes
Blink - agility, teleportation, teleport any object inside someone
Cannonball - fight, indestructible shield, absorb kinetic energy
Darwin - adapt to any situation/environment
Ms. Martian - super strength, speed, intagibility, telepathy, morphing abilities, etc...

No Herald can stop me.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Choo talkin bout? heralds★

Epicurus
Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Mystique.

Digi
I disagree...

First off I was under the assumption that all powers/abilities/strength/durability/ect would stack...

Assumming that they do, my guy would annihilate a High Herald; you have the strength of Thing, She-Hulk, Abomination, and Rogue combined x20...

Without PIS, no High Herald is taking punches from this composite being...period. This guy would knock Thanos around.

Inaddition, this being could steal peoples powers by touch as Rogue could, would possess flight, would have Dracs gaze attack amped by the combined willpower of Drac and Ben, could win a fight by landing a single bite attack, would have excellent durability, would be able to become Invulnerable via Mist Form if he somehow got into trouble, would have complete Invulnerability to Psionic Attack due to being Undead, would have Weather Control, could summon minions, would have enhanced speed/reflexes, and has access to magic...

Such a composite being could definitely win a fight against a High Herald and a portion of the Trans Tier...

I actually sort of agree with your last sentence. This mashup could beat some high heralds, and tangle with some Trans. (though I wouldn't give them a win over any Trans.). It's just...it's still mostly just a variation on a brick. Yeah, it (barely) meets the criteria for the OP, but is FAR from the best combo mentioned in this thread.

And I still think you're being overly generous with stacking. Like how the Uni-Power boosts Spidey way more than Surfer. There are diminishing returns on ideas like "20x".

Shoring up all of the weak points is what my toon is all about. You have a Technomorph body that sticks out like a sore thumb brother. Wouldn't Emp bombardment typically compromise it? All of those powers are great; but if your toon can't hit hard enough with them, or even land a hit, on top of not being able to get out of my toon's force cube your toon would just be a captive.

My toon has an adamantium skeleton healing abilities, and a near indestructible skin that could be further toughened, by a suit of armor that makes Iron Man look prehistoric. With low level precognitive abilities, agility, and light speed movement, you're toon would essentially be moving as if it was stuck in amber, as my toon ripped it apart with indestructible claws at the speed of light. You ever see the Tazmanian Devil? Forge's abilities would be the arch stone that brings this all together in perfect harmony, not to mention that he also has mysticism to help augment nearly all of this toons physical stats, among other things.

Where would I get the materials? Are you kidding? My toon could steal or take whatever he or she wanted to, at the speed of light. I'm trying to understand why you took 2 Reeds? I thought that this was redundant, because you only really needed one.

High Meta Jay isn't lightspeed. Nowhere close, actually. So there's that for starters. Do you really think someone with access to the speed force would be a meta? At best, Classic Jay could match QS and Northstar, fellow high meta speedsters, but their best feats are actually probably better than Jay's sans speed force...and this from a diehard Justice Society fan. If there were a bone to throw Jay here, I would. Spidey's pre-cog might help, but it's dubious to think it would be able to affect much at such speeds, where a couple picoseconds notice would essentially be moot.

The Reeds have wildly different invention feats. I fail to see any redundancy. It just adds to the Skyfather-busting tech I can make in milliseconds. /srug

In most standard forum matches, you don't have access to bases or labs. And Jay's lack of lightspeed turns this into a noticeable flaw in any setting. So the question of where you'd get materials is valid.

And you're thinking too small. Your "moving in amber" is false for reasons stated, but within milliseconds I'd have a Cosmic Cube and a couple Galactus-busting weapons. I'd have near-absolute control over time and space on at least a planetary level in under a second. Your EMPs and claws are fine, but it's just thinking too small.

Northstar - FTL speed/reflexes
Blink - agility, teleportation, teleport any object inside someone
Cannonball - fight, indestructible shield, absorb kinetic energy
Darwin - adapt to any situation/environment
Ms. Martian - super strength, speed, intagibility, telepathy, morphing abilities, etc...

No Herald can stop me.

We covered this. Darwin is low herald. It's not hard to check the tiers thread.

basilisk
Rhino
Speedball
Cannonball
Shangi Chi
Nightcrawler

Or

Invisible Woman
Moonstone
Sinister
Rogue
Multiple Man

DarkSaint85
From the meta tier list:

Batman 1 Million
Captain Britain
Northstar
Blue Beetle
Morlun

My amalgamation should be able to create multiple avatars at near lightspeed, all with Beetle tech; with Morlun and Batman's confidence and willpower, not to mention Morlun's general badassery, they will also have almost unlimited power from Captain Britain's willpower based abilities.

Captain Britain is also immune to telepathy.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Epicurus
Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Mystique.
My list is a perfect summation of this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.