DOE Bane vs. Revan (Novel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This has probably been done before, but i felt like making this thread anyways. Who wins? Takes place on a flat and open terrain on Naboo.

Astor Ebligis
Revan gets stomped.

Intrepid37
Revan stomps.

carthage
Revan gets slaughtered

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Reasons please.

Nephthys
Revan just can't compete in swordsmanship.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Nephthys
You gave Revan the win against Mace not long ago, but I think we both agree that he can't compete with Mace in a duel either.

Nephthys
Because Revan had better Force powers. And I think he could hold off Mace for a bit in a duel. Bane would crush Revan in a lightsaber fight and has superior Force abilities imo.

Intrepid37
Because Revan had better Force powers. And I think he could hold off Mace for a bit in a duel. Bane would crush Revan in a lightsaber fight and has superior Force abilities imo.
Revan's Force feats vastly outstrip Bane's. As does Mace's, for that matter, but that's neither here nor there.

Nephthys
Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to for a moment there.

Intrepid37
Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to for a moment there.
Bane's dick up your ass for so long must really hurt, which is probably why you're grumpy.

But for real, the Encyclopedia does credit Revan's absorption and deflection of Nyriss' lightning as a demonstration of his raw Force strength. Bane has never displayed such power.

Nephthys
Nah, after the first 30 seconds the pain stops as the anus softens. And then its all aboard the Bane train!

Which encyclopedia? Also disagree, Bane has fantastic feats in more than just one area. Revan's tutaminis is great, but thats about it. Bane would take him in a TK battle. At the least, Revan's not going to be doing shit to Bane with the Force, making it a pure lightsaber fight.

Intrepid37
Nah, after the first 30 seconds the pain stops as the anus softens. And then its all aboard the Bane train!

Which encyclopedia? Also disagree, Bane has fantastic feats in more than just one area. Revan's tutaminis is great, but thats about it. Bane would take him in a TK battle. At the least, Revan's not going to be doing shit to Bane with the Force, making it a pure lightsaber fight.
The official TOR Encyclopedia: ''Revan's raw power in the Force bends Nyris's Sith lightning back at her, utterly destroying the Sith.''

Force strength is pretty much what determines one's telekinetic power. When Bane displays such Force strength, we can talk.

Nephthys
Ah yes.

No it isn't. Your telekinetic power determines your telekinetic power. Try again.

Intrepid37
Ah yes.

No it isn't. Your telekinetic power determines your telekinetic power. Try again.
erm

It does. The more Force strength, the more powerful you're gonna be telekinetically, and the stronger a Force aura you can raise.

Astor Ebligis
Bane has the best tutaminis feat in history by far.

Nephthys
Your mastery of telekinesis is what determines how great you are. Just like every other Force power, your ability with the technique in question is the the deciding factor of how good you are with it. Are we to assume that everyone is just as good at all aspects of the Force as they demonstrate with a single one?

Intrepid37
Your mastery of telekinesis is what determines how great you are. Just like every other Force power, your ability with the technique in question is the the deciding factor of how good you are with it. Are we to assume that everyone is just as good at all aspects of the Force as they demonstrate with a single one?
There's a difference between ''power'' and ''mastery''. Force ''power'' determines the power that one can unleash through telekinesis; Force ''mastery'' determines how well one can unleash said power.

I'm not sure why you're mentioning other aspects of the Force when we're talking about the telekinetic aspect only.

The_Tempest
You both have a point.

Generally, I think it's a safe assumption that a powerful adept will be naturally gifted in the core applications of the Force: superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, telekinesis, telepathy, etc.

But, to Nephthys's point, there is a difference between power and skill. And if raw Force strength always determined telekinetic prowess, then Anakin's TK should eclipse Yoda's.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37
There's a difference between ''power'' and ''mastery''. Force ''power'' determines the power that one can unleash through telekinesis; Force ''mastery'' determines how well one can unleash said power.

I'm not sure why you're mentioning other aspects of the Force when we're talking about the telekinetic aspect only.

No, mastery refers to how well you can wield it in general. Including how much you can actually unleash.

What the ****? You're the one who brought up Revan using Tutaminis as proof that he's better at TK than Bane. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This point is ridiculous anyway since Revan is not more powerful than Bane.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
But, to Nephthys's point, there is a difference between power and skill. And if raw Force strength always determined telekinetic prowess, then Anakin's TK should eclipse Yoda's.

Exactly.

Astor Ebligis
Bane basically did a full body tutaminis on a planetary scale in Path of Destruction when he channelled the Brotherhood's power and ravaged the planet with it.

Intrepid37
No, mastery refers to how well you can wield it in general. Including how much you can actually unleash.
You do know that you're claiming what I am with different words, yes?

What the ****? You're the one who brought up Revan using Tutaminis as proof that he's better at TK than Bane. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, I brought up the quote from the Encyclopedia as it demonstrates Revan's raw power. I never once mentioned Tutaminis.

This point is ridiculous anyway since Revan is not more powerful than Bane.
His feats suggest otherwise.

And if raw Force strength always determined telekinetic prowess, then Anakin's TK should eclipse Yoda's.
Yoda's raw Force strength exceeds Anakin, though, so that comparison doesn't really work.

SIDIOUS 66
Energy absorption may require a great deal of raw power, but that doesn't necessarily mean one who hasn't displayed absorption lacks the raw power to perform it, unless we are to assume that Revan's raw power exceeds every individual who hasn't shown proficiency with absorption. I can see that being the case if the individual in question has no extreme displays of raw power in any other area, but in Bane's case, he does.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Energy absorption may require a great deal of raw power, but that doesn't necessarily mean one who hasn't displayed absorption lacks the raw power to perform it, unless we are to assume that Revan's raw power exceeds every individual who hasn't shown proficiency with absorption. I can see that being the case if the individual in question has no extreme displays of raw power in any other area, but in Bane's case, he does.
Bane's feats aren't ''extreme'' by any means.

The_Tempest
Yoda's raw Force strength exceeds Anakin, though, so that comparison doesn't really work.

No, Yoda's mastery exceeds Anakin's; no one's "raw Force strength" exceeds Anakin's.

Intrepid37
No, Yoda's mastery exceeds Anakin's; no one's "raw Force strength" exceeds Anakin's.
Yoda is more powerful than Anakin, dude.

The_Tempest
Yoda is more powerful than Anakin, dude.

By virtue of mastery, not strength in the Force.

SIDIOUS 66
Bane's feats aren't ''extreme'' by any means.

So Krayt beats Bane?

S_W_LeGenD
Bane was in the similar situation against Kas'im and you know what happened.

Revan may not be as much technically well-versed in lightsaber arts as Bane but he is extremely effective duelist nonetheless due to his incredible Force abilities. If Revan can cut down a Jedi level opponent with ease, even large groups of foes, I don't see why he cannot hang with Bane in a pure lightsaber duel.

I am not sure if Bane can take someone as powerful as Revan in a TK battle, Bane isn't a godlike being.

On the contrary, Revan send a godlike being packing with a blast of power while Bane couldn't even budge Kas'im from his position with his most potent blast of power which is embarrassing for Bane to be honest.

In addition, Revan is extremely well-rounded in the ways of the Force (master of both light and dark techniques) and would have lot of techniques under his belt to teach Bane a lesson if it comes to that. Keep in mind that Revan's command of the Force was superior to that of anybody whom Meetra have met and you know that Meetra have met and dealt with some very impressive individuals.

As good as Bane is, he isn't in the league of Revan. I do believe that Bane would give Revan a decent challenge and may have a chance at scoring a victory in a lightsaber duel but Revan is the superior individual in this contest.

As poorly written as Revan's novel is, do not mistake Mr. Karphyshyn's low quality writing as indicator of Revan being a weakling. Revan outguns Bane in both raw power and Force mastery aspects to be honest.

Intrepid37
So Krayt beats Bane?
Arguable.

By virtue of mastery, not strength in the Force.
His Force feats of raw Force strength exceeds Anakin's.

The_Tempest
His Force feats of raw Force strength exceeds Anakin's.

Of course his feats exceed Anakin's, that's my point. We know Anakin is stronger in the Force than Yoda and yet can't compete with him at all in a fight.

SIDIOUS 66

I thought it was Anakin's potential that no one beats?

The_Tempest
I thought it was Anakin's potential that no one beats?

Same thing. Potential/midi-chlorian count/'raw power'/Force strength all mean the same thing and it's something Anakin has on everybody-- the Mortis Anchorites included.

Mastery is what distinguishes characters like Yoda from Anakin.

SIDIOUS 66
Arguable.

Krayt knows energy absorption.

Intrepid37
Same thing. Potential/midi-chlorian count/'raw power'/Force strength all mean the same thing and it's something Anakin has on everybody-- the Mortis Anchorites included.

I see your point, but Anakin never achieved even half of his potential power.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS66
Krayt knows energy absorption.
On a vaslty lesser scale than Revan, yes.

SIDIOUS 66

I thought they were different. For example, Anakin's raw power as a child would be less than his raw power as an adult, but his potential was always the same.

Same with Sidious. In a fit of rage, Palpatine unleashes his raw power as a child to slaughter his family, but as ROTS Sidious he casually rips senate pods from their restraints while laughing.

The_Tempest
I thought they were different. For example, Anakin's raw power as a child would be less than his raw power as an adult, but his potential was always the same.

Same with Sidious. In a fit of rage, Palpatine unleashes his raw power as a child to slaughter his family, but as ROTS Sidious he casually rips senate pods from their restraints while laughing.

Palpatine's Force strength wouldn't have changed since then; only his mastery and his ability to effectively and efficiently use the Force. Same with Anakin.

SIDIOUS 66
On a vaslty lesser scale than Revan, yes.

What is Bane's best showing of raw power, how much raw power would it require for Revan to absorb Nyriss' lightning, and then how do we determine which is the greater display of raw power (Bane's best showing, or Revan's best absorption)?

Astor Ebligis
lol. The troller is getting subtly trolled. I like it.

Intrepid37
What is Bane's best showing of raw power, how much raw power would it require for Revan to absorb Nyriss' lightning, and then how do we determine which is the greater display of raw power (Bane's best showing, or Revan's best absorption)?
We use inference and reasonable thinking. Bane's best feat is either pulverizing organs in three or so guards or ripping up a campsite, whichever you prefer. Are these feats good? Sure. But a source of which I forgot its name does state that it's difficult for ''even the most powerful of the Jedi to deflect such power'', referring to lightning. Revan doing it as he did to lightning capable of ashifying Force adepts on a dark side nexus? It's sure as hell vastly better than pulverizing organs.

The_Tempest
The Ultimate Visual Guide.

S_W_LeGenD
Yes, Star Wars The Ultimate Visual Guide reveals that even the most powerful Jedi struggle against containing Sith lightning bursts with their own power.

Revan tanked one of the most impressive bursts of Sith lightning in the mythos, he undoubtedly packs immense raw power. Heck, he send a godlike being packing with a blast of power which is also a confirmation of Revan packing immense raw power and mastery over TK abilities. Bane is clearly outmatched here.

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Bane basically did a full body tutaminis on a planetary scale in Path of Destruction when he channelled the Brotherhood's power and ravaged the planet with it.
Bane was on safe distance at this point which also helped.

carthage
Bane tanked his own lightning which reduced beast riders to dust while amped by his orbalisks. Also there is no evidence that Nyriss's lightning bursts (while potent) are "one of the most impressive int he mythos". The level of hyperbole in that post is hilarious.

SIDIOUS 66
''even the most powerful of the Jedi to deflect such power'', referring to lightning.

If the source was talking about lightning in general, wouldn't Krayt fall under that category?

Astor Ebligis
Huh?

Intrepid37
If the source was talking about lightning in general, wouldn't Krayt fall under that category?
Difference is that Krayt did it to weaker lightning in worse condition than Revan, and Revan actually absorbed it first whereas Krayt just deflected it like Dooku did to his own lightning in AOTC:

SIDIOUS 66
Shut up, Astor. Intrepid knows what I'm talking about.

SIDIOUS 66
Palpatine's Force strength wouldn't have changed since then; only his mastery and his ability to effectively and efficiently use the Force. Same with Anakin.

IDK. I've always thought of sheer raw power as the full extent of power one is able to tap into at the time.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
Bane tanked his own lightning which reduced beast riders to dust while amped by his orbalisks. Also there is no evidence that Nyriss's lightning bursts (while potent) are "one of the most impressive int he mythos". The level of hyperbole in that post is hilarious.
Bane barely survived his own blast. If Zannah haven't attempted to save his life, Bane would have perished.

And Nyriss demonstrated great proficiency in the application of Sith lightning. Her normal casts were potent enough to reduce normal humans to ash and her signature casts were potent enough to reduce even Jedi/Sith level opponents to ash.

DarthAnt66
I disagree. Revan's mass precognition should be able to fight on pair with Bane's incredible speed. And then in terms of pure dueling abilities, I honestly doubt Mandalore is that far from Raskta Lsu in strength (Bane's best kill). Mandalore smacked a Jedi Malak on his ass in one swing. This is the Malak which is referred to the second best Jedi of his age, behind Revan, during the age of when the Jedi are even more in their prime then the Clone Wars.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3730044-alex+and+mandalore%21.png
Raskta Lsu is referred to as the best duelist in a much weaker era, and the fact that Mandalore stood "no match" against Revan in "single combat", you can see what I'm going at. Revan should be able to smack down Lsu faster then Bane did. Must I even mention Revan is famous for how he slaughtered so many Echani (Lsu is an Echani)?

Revan takes this, but it will be bloody. Also the scan of the quote you keep debating about:
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/revan_11_800x600.jpg

carthage
Lol @ dodgins

carthage
Lol @ dodging a non force sensitive as a good speed feat and one of precog

DarthAnt66
I did not even say dodging the entire time?

This rests my case, you have no clue what I'm talking about.

Nephthys

Nope. Its as Tempest put it. You need mastery to even be capable of wielding that raw power. Anakin has way more raw power than Yoda, but can't wield a fraction of it and is outstripped by Yoda in Force ability. Just because Revan can harness his power in great ways in a certain technique doesn't mean he can in others. For example Maul has powerful TK powers, but he's never even demonstrated Force Lightning. Bane has extremely powerful lightning, but hasn't demonstrated advanced ability with telepathy.

No, I brought up the quote from the Encyclopedia as it demonstrates Revan's raw power. I never once mentioned Tutaminis.

You're using Revan being extremely powerful in one aspect of the Force as proof of him being extremely powerful in another aspect. That doesn't work.

His feats suggest otherwise.

Nope. Bane can incinerate 4 people with a single blast of lightning, turn Drexyls to charred husks, melt blasters, pulp skeletons, utterly dominate Sith Lords and disintegrate metal. Also as Astor said, Bane absorbed the lightning of dozens of Sith Lords in PoD.

But a source of which I forgot its name does state that it's difficult for ''even the most powerful of the Jedi to deflect such power'', referring to lightning.

Heh, then that makes Darth Nox's feat of literally backhanding away Thanatons lightning all the more impressive.

Intrepid37
Nope. Its as Tempest put it. You need mastery to even be capable of wielding that raw power. Anakin has way more raw power than Yoda, but can't wield a fraction of it and is outstripped by Yoda in Force ability. Just because Revan can harness his power in great ways in a certain technique doesn't mean he can in others. For example Maul has powerful TK powers, but he's never even demonstrated Force Lightning. Bane has extremely powerful lightning, but hasn't demonstrated advanced ability with telepathy.
This argument would work if Anakin reached all of his potential. He never did, which is why Yoda is not only more masterful than him, but also more powerful.

You're using Revan being extremely powerful in one aspect of the Force as proof of him being extremely powerful in another aspect. That doesn't work.
No, I'm saying that his raw Force power transcends Bane's.

Nope. Bane can incinerate 4 people with a single blast of lightning, turn Drexyls to charred husks,

Originally posted by you

melt blasters, pulp skeletons, utterly dominate Sith Lords and
What, these feats compare to what Revan did? lol

disintegrate metal.
Nexus + orbalisk feat.

Also as Astor said, Bane absorbed the lightning of dozens of Sith Lords in PoD.

Originally posted by you

Heh, then that makes Darth Nox's feat of literally backhanding away Thanatons lightning all the more impressive.
Good for him.

Nephthys
You said that Banes feats suggest Revan is more powerful than him. So I posted his feats. I'm not saying that they make him better in other aspects of the Force that those I listed, but by listing his feats in various aspects I am rebutting your point. Try again, Intrepi-chan.

PTforthewin
Starkiller Solos

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Bane was in the similar situation against Kas'im and you know what happened.

Revan may not be as much technically well-versed in lightsaber arts as Bane but he is extremely effective duelist nonetheless due to his incredible Force abilities. If Revan can cut down a Jedi level opponent with ease, even large groups of foes, I don't see why he cannot hang with Bane in a pure lightsaber duel.

Good point, Bane is the better swordsman and is more powerful. So he should beat Revan much easier than he was beating Kas'im. Bane is significantly faster and stronger than Revan is and has better lightsaber skill.

Cutting down a Jedi-level opponent with ease isn't that impressive. Satele cuts down 3 Sith in a row in the Hope trailer alone.

I am not sure if Bane can take someone as powerful as Revan in a TK battle, Bane isn't a godlike being.

Um, ok. I don't think you'd need to be to beat Revan in a TK battle.

On the contrary, Revan send a godlike being packing with a blast of power while Bane couldn't even budge Kas'im from his position with his most potent blast of power which is embarrassing for Bane to be honest.

Vitiate was distracted and was focusing much of his power to dominating Revan.

With Kas'im, it was a Force Wave, meaning that Kas'im only got hit by a small portion of the wave. And that was just PoD Bane.

In addition, Revan is extremely well-rounded in the ways of the Force (master of both light and dark techniques) and would have lot of techniques under his belt to teach Bane a lesson if it comes to that. Keep in mind that Revan's command of the Force was superior to that of anybody whom Meetra have met and you know that Meetra have met and dealt with some very impressive individuals.

Remember that Bane learned everything from Revan's holocron plus Freedon Nadds and a few others.

As good as Bane is, he isn't in the league of Revan. I do believe that Bane would give Revan a decent challenge and may have a chance at scoring a victory in a lightsaber duel but Revan is the superior individual in this contest.

As poorly written as Revan's novel is, do not mistake Mr. Karphyshyn's low quality writing as indicator of Revan being a weakling. Revan outguns Bane in both raw power and Force mastery aspects to be honest.

Hahaha, no Bane is very much in Revans league if not higher. In fact, there is no if, he just is better than Revan.

Actually Karpyshan himself indicates Bane and Revan are equal.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I disagree. Revan's mass precognition should be able to fight on pair with Bane's incredible speed.

Precognition isn't that useful if you're too slow to actually do anything with it. Knowing where Bane will strike doesn't mean that Revan would be fast enough to put his lightsaber in the way before Bane cuts him down.

And then in terms of pure dueling abilities, I honestly doubt Mandalore is that far from Raskta Lsu in strength (Bane's best kill).

Bane didn't actually kill Raskta, Zannah stabbed her in the back.

Also lmao @ Mandalore being as good as Raskta..

Mandalore smacked a Jedi Malak on his ass in one swing. This is the Malak which is referred to the second best Jedi of his age, behind Revan, during the age of when the Jedi are even more in their prime then the Clone Wars.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3730044-alex+and+mandalore%21.png

That was Jedi Malak before the Mandalorian Wars even started. He was nowhere near his peak. That Malak also got beaten by Jareal in training, he was a total assclown.

Raskta Lsu is referred to as the best duelist in a much weaker era, and the fact that Mandalore stood "no match" against Revan in "single combat", you can see what I'm going at.

Gee, maybe it was because Revan had the Force and Mandalore had an axe. Just a suggestion.

Revan should be able to smack down Lsu faster then Bane did.

Despite being not nearly as fast as Bane is? Also, Raskta was amped by Battle Meditation at the time.

Must I even mention Revan is famous for how he slaughtered so many Echani (Lsu is an Echani)?

Defeating non-force sensitive Echani doesn't even compare to defeating a Jedi Master Echani.

Revan takes this, but it will be bloody.

No. Bane would demolish Revan in a lightsaber fight.

NewGuy01

Actually Karpyshan himself indicates Bane and Revan are equal.

He really doesn't.

DarthAnt66
You really doubt Revan's speed, don' you? Also, he would know where Bane would strike several attacks ahead of time, not a few mili-seconds before. This is not a "auto-win" as some make it out to be, but it should be able to allow him to hold his own against Bane in terms of lightsaber abilities.

"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."

This isn't helping your argument.

No. Malak vs Mandalore happened in 3963 BBY.

Under the circumstances that he was flirting and teasing (not even joking, look at the fight)with Jareal the entire fight.

Despite this, Mandalore the Indomitable is still able to hold his own against Droma and Ultimate is able to whoop Malak's ass.

This is not even mentioned Mandalore's armor is made with lightsaber-proof material. It is extremely difficult to overcome it.

*Defeating hundreds of Echanis who are masters of precognition.

If Revan is capable of holding off Nox and Wrath at the same time, while having grenades and blaster fire sprayed at him, I beg to differ. Bane was not capable of defeating Zaanah.

ares834
Revan slaughterhouse.

Nephthys
You really doubt Revan's speed, don' you? Also, he would know where Bane would strike several attacks ahead of time, not a few mili-seconds before. This is not a "auto-win" as some make it out to be, but it should be able to allow him to hold his own against Bane in terms of lightsaber abilities.

"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."

When Revan displays impressive speed, I'll stop harping on about it. Until then, he's fighting one of the fastest characters there is and he's simply outmatched in that aspect. Just knowing several moves in advance won't save him. He still won't be able to keep up. He'll block a couple of attacks, but he won't be able to block near fast enough to avoid being overwhelmed.

This isn't helping your argument.

It wasn't supposed to, I was just correcting you.

No. Malak vs Mandalore happened in 3963 BBY.

Ok, my bad.

Under the circumstances that he was flirting and teasing (not even joking, look at the fight)with Jareal the entire fight.

This still isn't making me respect Malak at all. For being the 'second best Jedi of his era', he seems to be pretty shite.

Despite this, Mandalore the Indomitable is still able to hold his own against Droma and Ultimate is able to whoop Malak's ass.

This is not even mentioned Mandalore's armor is made with lightsaber-proof material. It is extremely difficult to overcome it.

With a Basalisk War Droid. Malak is just incompetent.

Ok, but I still don't see defeating him as anywhere near as impressive as being superior to Raskta. Revan still could have just beaten him with the Force.

*Defeating hundreds of Echanis who are masters of precognition.

Still only non-force sensitives.

If Revan is capable of holding off Nox and Wrath at the same time, while having grenades and blaster fire sprayed at him, I beg to differ. Bane was not capable of defeating Zaanah.

This was Nox and Wrath before they were Nox and the Wrath. At the time both were barely christened Sith Lords. Both were still powerful, but not compared to what they would become. Hell, at the time I would say the Bounty Hunter was every bit their equal. And if Cipher 9 had beaten Jadus s/he'd easily be the strongest one there other than Revan himself.

Zannah was stated to be more powerful than Bane and had trained specifically to defeat him.

DarthAnt66
You act as if he can't booster his speed? Regardless, Revan has at least demonstrated after images and blurs with his lightsaber.

Or Mandalore is that powerful? Or it was similar to the Hett vs Anakin fight where if Malak/Anakin was ready, they could have done better.

It is specified that it's "single combat", and every depiction of the battle has no force abilities shown.

*non-force sensitives with better precognition then Palpatine.

With such said, I don't see why Revan can't be as well.

NewGuy01
Bane in PoD was skilled enough to hold his ground against a master of all 7 forms despite being disadvantaged, and he appears to have increased considerably in skill between then and DoE, his defensive prowess displayed during his rain feat and his offensive prowess displayed when he was winning against a high-level Soresu master. He exemplified a style of combat that had a strong defense, and an overwhelming offensive counterattack--A strategy that held little weakness overall.

Conversely, Revan pre-KOTOR was already skilled enough to outmatch the strongest non-force sensitive warrior in the galaxy, as well as his apprentice--Malak in a lightsaber duel, as well as having battle precognition on the level of the master Echani. Unlike Bane, however, he doesn't seem to show significant improvement after this--though he does slaughter an Imperial Guardsman while weakened, and they have their fair share of accolades. Revan exemplified a more balanced style more fit for allowing him to chain Force attacks freely, but did display highly acrobatic and offensive capabilities as well.

While both are highly skilled martial artists, Bane definitely seems to be advantageous in this area, as his style is more suited for pure saber-to-saber combat, and his better feats. Not to mention the fact that his strength and speed feats do widely outstrip Revan's, though Revan should be more than able to keep up with his advanced battle precognition but it's still a significant disadvantage. Still, he was strong enough to hold out against both Mandalore and Malak, and fast enough to form a shield out of his lightsaber blade--He should be more than capable to stand his ground in this duel.

Their closer contest is likely their contest of Force Powers over combat capabilities. Both have displayed the ability to conjure Force Storms of unknown level of power, and both have displayed the ability of Force Drain again to an unknown level of effectiveness against other Force Users. Ultimately since this is a one on one match, neither power will likely come into play.

Bane has highly capable telekinetic showings, his best likely being sending a Force Wave that shattered the bones and smashed the organs of guardsmen in the stone prison, cracking the walls with impact.

Likewise, Revan hasn't displayed TK feats of quite that level of raw power (Though Karpyshyn indicates that under the right circumstances he could collapse a building.) he has been displayed using it more strategically--Throwing large stone lids as shields against grenades, and collapsing stone arches to stop the advances of Sith.

Just as they both have impressive Telekinetic capability, they both have shown capability with Force Protection--Bane was able to use a barrier to protect himself from multiple grenade blasts while weakened by Cognus, while Revan was able to conjure the highest level of Force Protection--A Force Protection Bubble, of unknown strength during his fight with the Sith Strike Team.

In the end though, Bane's greatest and favored Force Power is Force Lightning--Which is one of the most potent in the mythos, capable of incinerating multiple people at once as well as absorbing blaster bolts into the storm and melting blasters. Conversely, Revan's strongest suit is tutaminis--The ability to absorb and redirect energy attacks, which conveniently would work perfectly at rendering Bane's lightning a disadvantage.

In the end, their Force Powers are of honestly very close level--But as a whole I'd give Revan the edge in that department. His skillsets seem to counter Bane's well, and while Bane does have some tricks up his sleeve like the Lightning Cocoon, Revan has a wider variety of powers at his disposal and greater overall mastery of the Force in general, having highly potent Force Healing for an example.

And as a side note, as it's often brought up, Revan's tactical genius and mental strength likely won't play an overwhelming role in this pitched battle against an enemy with an equally strong will and a perhaps lesser, but still potent calculative mind. It really won't help him any more than Bane's unorthodox lightsaber design will hinder him.

So, in the end--Bane's advantage in the lightsaber/physical department is likely greater and of more significance in this fight than Revan's Force Edge--So I'll grant him the win.

Imho this is one of the closer fights though.

Nephthys
You act as if he can't booster his speed? Regardless, Revan has at least demonstrated after images and blurs with his lightsaber.

He can bolster his speed to an unknown level. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt based upon his power and saying that he's fast enough that Bane shouldn't be capable to blitzing him, but beyond that he's not known to be exceptionally fast. Demonstrating after images and blurs is something any above average Jedi is capable of imo. Bane appeared to wield a dozen lightsabers to Zannah and DoE Bane is stated to be even faster than he was at that time.

Or Mandalore is that powerful? Or it was similar to the Hett vs Anakin fight where if Malak/Anakin was ready, they could have done better.

Well it wasn't really about power, all Mandalore did was smash his axe on the floor and it released some weird energy blast that stunned Malak.

It is specified that it's "single combat", and every depiction of the battle has no force abilities shown.

You can use Force powers in single combat. All that single combat is is a duel between two single warriors which takes place in the context of a battle between two armies. The only depiction I can recall is the timeline thing which is inaccurate and in-universe. It also showed Bastila fighting Malak on the Star Forge.

*non-force sensitives with better precognition then Palpatine.

You really overrate precog.

With such said, I don't see why Revan can't be as well.

Theres no reason he can't be. I just don't think he is.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Bane in PoD was skilled enough to hold his ground against a master of all 7 forms despite being disadvantaged, and he appears to have increased considerably in skill between then and DoE, his defensive prowess displayed during his rain feat and his offensive prowess displayed when he was winning against a high-level Soresu master. He exemplified a style of combat that had a strong defense, and an overwhelming offensive counterattack--A strategy that held little weakness overall.

Conversely, Revan pre-KOTOR was already skilled enough to outmatch the strongest non-force sensitive warrior in the galaxy, as well as his apprentice--Malak in a lightsaber duel, as well as having battle precognition on the level of the master Echani. Unlike Bane, however, he doesn't seem to show significant improvement after this--though he does slaughter an Imperial Guardsman while weakened, and they have their fair share of accolades. Revan exemplified a more balanced style more fit for allowing him to chain Force attacks freely, but did display highly acrobatic and offensive capabilities as well.

While both are highly skilled martial artists, Bane definitely seems to be advantageous in this area, as his style is more suited for pure saber-to-saber combat, and his better feats. Not to mention the fact that his strength and speed feats do widely outstrip Revan's, though Revan should be more than able to keep up with his advanced battle precognition but it's still a significant disadvantage. Still, he was strong enough to hold out against both Mandalore and Malak, and fast enough to form a shield out of his lightsaber blade--He should be more than capable to stand his ground in this duel.

Their closer contest is likely their contest of Force Powers over combat capabilities. Both have displayed the ability to conjure Force Storms of unknown level of power, and both have displayed the ability of Force Drain again to an unknown level of effectiveness against other Force Users. Ultimately since this is a one on one match, neither power will likely come into play.

Bane has highly capable telekinetic showings, his best likely being sending a Force Wave that shattered the bones and smashed the organs of guardsmen in the stone prison, cracking the walls with impact.

Likewise, Revan hasn't displayed TK feats of quite that level of raw power (Though Karpyshyn indicates that under the right circumstances he could collapse a building.) he has been displayed using it more strategically--Throwing large stone lids as shields against grenades, and collapsing stone arches to stop the advances of Sith.

Just as they both have impressive Telekinetic capability, they both have shown capability with Force Protection--Bane was able to use a barrier to protect himself from multiple grenade blasts while weakened by Cognus, while Revan was able to conjure the highest level of Force Protection--A Force Protection Bubble, of unknown strength during his fight with the Sith Strike Team.

In the end though, Bane's greatest and favored Force Power is Force Lightning--Which is one of the most potent in the mythos, capable of incinerating multiple people at once as well as absorbing blaster bolts into the storm and melting blasters. Conversely, Revan's strongest suit is tutaminis--The ability to absorb and redirect energy attacks, which conveniently would work perfectly at rendering Bane's lightning a disadvantage.

In the end, their Force Powers are of honestly very close level--But as a whole I'd give Revan the edge in that department. His skillsets seem to counter Bane's well, and while Bane does have some tricks up his sleeve like the Lightning Cocoon, Revan has a wider variety of powers at his disposal and greater overall mastery of the Force in general, having highly potent Force Healing for an example.

And as a side note, as it's often brought up, Revan's tactical genius and mental strength likely won't play an overwhelming role in this pitched battle against an enemy with an equally strong will and a perhaps lesser, but still potent calculative mind. It really won't help him any more than Bane's unorthodox lightsaber design will hinder him.

So, in the end--Bane's advantage in the lightsaber/physical department is likely greater and of more significance in this fight than Revan's Force Edge--So I'll grant him the win.

Imho this is one of the closer fights though.

I also forgot to mention Bane's new canonical armor set, which gives him the advantage of being the ****ing shredder from ninja turtles. Insta-win. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.