Magneto vs Wonder Woman (DCU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

Shabazz916
Mags

MicCheck
Preboot wrecks his shit

New 52 Gets wrecked until she has better feats

Stoic
Aren't Diana's bracers capable of being magnetized?

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Stoic
Aren't Diana's bracers capable of being magnetized?

I believe that only happened once, in that horribly written story with Dr. Polaris. Considering that the bracers are 1.) magical, 2.) break every other scientific law, and 3) were, according to lore, forged from the skin of a goat, I don't think they should be susceptible to magnetism. I remember asking Gail Simone about this once on one of the forums and she agreed.

As I said though, I think the Polaris incident is the only time it was attempted and he was shocking her with electric currents through the bracers. (And of course, that definitely shouldn't work.)

abhilegend
The bracers have been magnetically manipulated before Polaris. She also has a low tolerance against electrical attacks. Magneto wins since she can't break his shields before he knocks her out.

Shabazz916
Wonder woman is vunerable to piercing attacks mags puts more wholes in her thrn swizz cheese

abhilegend
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Wonder woman is vunerable to piercing attacks mags puts more wholes in her thrn swizz cheese
She can block attacks.

StiltmanFTW
I don't think the Master of Magnetism is needed to send a woman back to her kitchen...

carver9
God.

Shabazz916
Originally posted by abhilegend
She can block attacks.

Magneto can send 10's of pieces of metal at her all at one time maybe more then that

MicCheck
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I believe that only happened once, in that horribly written story with Dr. Polaris. Considering that the bracers are 1.) magical, 2.) break every other scientific law, and 3) were, according to lore, forged from the skin of a goat, I don't think they should be susceptible to magnetism. I remember asking Gail Simone about this once on one of the forums and she agreed.

As I said though, I think the Polaris incident is the only time it was attempted and he was shocking her with electric currents through the bracers. (And of course, that definitely shouldn't work.) Plus wasn't Polaris amped by the entire South Pole and tooling several other Leaguers?

Other than that I've seen several showings putting Polaris out of Magneto's league like fighting Alan Scott and Jamie Reyes etc..He's just not as well known

-Pr-
The only person that comes out of that Polaris showing looking at all respectable is Polaris himself. It's a horrible, horrible scene that stinks of bad writing.

MicCheck
I agree, Polaris usually ends up looking good at the expense of other characters, like making Martian look like a dumb ass by manipulating the iron in his blood, even though he can turn his blood and insides into Rocky Road if he wanted to.

Sasaraixx
The bracers have been magnetically manipulated before Polaris. She also has a low tolerance against electrical attacks. Magneto wins since she can't break his shields before he knocks her out.

When?

And other than Polaris, where was that stated?

abhilegend
When?

And other than Polaris, where was that stated?
She has been electrocuted several times.

Against Joker IIRC. She channeled electricity through the bracers.

Sasaraixx
She has been electrocuted several times.

Against Joker IIRC. She channeled electricity through the bracers.

And was it stated that she has a low tolerance for electricity? If not, then the point stands. We've seen her knocked out before. That doesn't mean she has a low blunt damage durability. We've seen her handle Zeus' lightning bolt and not have the bracers effected by electricity. She eventually got the Zeus' lightning upgrade too. The Polaris incident is not consistent with the character.

And if this is DCNU Diana, considering who her daddy is, it really seems unlikely that shocking her is the way to defeat her. And didn't we just have a scene w/ Batman explaining that she doesn't have a weakness?

abhilegend
And was it stated that she has a low tolerance for electricity? Getting nearly KOED by a single blast from Black Lightning? Um, yes. One showing doesn't contradicts many others. Getting lightning upgrade doesn't mean much, its like saying superman can shrug off hv.
It is.

Really? facepalm

SquallX
Getting nearly KOED by a single blast from Black Lightning? Um, yes. One showing doesn't contradicts many others. Getting lightning upgrade doesn't mean much, its like saying superman can shrug off hv.
It is.

Really? facepalm

Wow, ****ing wow. You're hate for anything WW is sickening.

So I guess Clark is weak against electricity too, after all, he's gonna shit ****ed out of by electricity?

abhilegend
Originally posted by SquallX

So I guess Clark is weak against electricity too, after all, he's gonna shit ****ed out of by electricity?
Superman has laughed at lightning.

Wonder Woman wishes she has durability like Superman.

wink

SquallX
Superman has laughed at lightning.

Wonder Woman wishes she has durability like Superman.

wink

That's ****ing pathetic.

Diana took a lighting bolt from Zeus and nothing happened to her, we're as Clark cries like a ***** from attacks from the likes of Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

abhilegend
That's ****ing pathetic.

Diana took a lighting bolt from Zeus and nothing happened to her, we're as Clark cries like a ***** from attacks from the likes of Black Adam and Captain Marvel.
Calm down.

When did Zeus attack her with lightning? Superman has tanked NINE shazam bolts back to back, only one has knocked her out before.

wink

Sasaraixx
Getting nearly KOED by a single blast from Black Lightning? Um, yes. One showing doesn't contradicts many others. Getting lightning upgrade doesn't mean much, its like saying superman can shrug off hv.
It is.

Really? facepalm

No, because there haven't been many others and I'm still waiting for you to prove otherwise. Zeus lightning bolt and tanking the lightning attack from a god whose name escapes me right now do not sound like feats by someone weak versus electricity.

And the lightning upgrade does mean much if you're claiming that her bracers are susceptible to such an attack when she's capable of creating said attack from them.

Your face palms change nothing. We've seen pretty much every hero, including your beloved Superman, effected by lightning. Until I see it stated on panel that she has said weakness, that Polaris fight remains what it is. Utter crap.

Sasaraixx

Just disengage. You'll save yourself a migraine. I know that's what I'm going to do.

abhilegend
No, because there haven't been many others and I'm still waiting for you to prove otherwise. Zeus lightning bolt and tanking the lightning attack from a god whose name escapes me right now do not sound like feats by someone weak versus electricity. Zeus' thunderbolt wasn't used against her. She just threw it at him, Cassie's lasso has zeus' lightning too and Superboy has tanked it. I'm not impressed. And who was the other god?

You mean how does Superman's eyes survive HV? Read what you wrote again.

Not like this.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/649481/12.jpg.html

That's Amazo using Black Lightning's power to electrocute her in one of her best showings ever. She was helpless again untill Zatana saved her ass.

I can post several instances of Superman flat out ignoring Black Lightning level lightning. Not that it matters.

Several showings would beg to differ. Magnus sends an EMP and disables all her muscles.

wink

abhilegend
Just disengage. You'll save yourself a migraine. I know that's what I'm going to do.
laughing out loud

Getting beaten everytime in an argument is pretty tiresome for you, I see.

Konton
Low balling Zeus lightning by saying Cassie's lasso channels it is a weak argument considering the power of her lasso was in direct proportion to her own capacity to channel rage. The whole reason Ares abandoned her was because she wasn't angry and bloodthirsty enough for his taste.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Konton
Low balling Zeus lightning by saying Cassie's lasso channels it is a weak argument considering the power of her lasso was in direct proportion to her own capacity to channel rage. The whole reason Ares abandoned her was because she wasn't angry and bloodthirsty enough for his taste.
That was Ares' lightning after the Gods left this plane. Superboy endured Zeus' lightning.

Konton
The lasso was a gift from Ares, but it was Zeus' lightning.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Konton
The lasso was a gift from Ares, but it was Zeus' lightning.
The lightning left Cassie's lasso after Zeus left the mortalplane, Ares gave Cassie the lightning after that.

-Pr-
Abhi, stop being a ****. You're like, number 2 or 3 on the list.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Abhi, stop being a ****. You're like, number 2 or 3 on the list.
I'm just arguing comic fights and feats.

srug

-Pr-
This:

laughing out loud

Getting beaten everytime in an argument is pretty tiresome for you, I see.

Isn't arguing comic fights and feats.

Stop being such a **** to people. And stop lowballing.

And before you ask me where you're doing it, STOP. We both know where you're doing it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
This:

Isn't arguing comic fights and feats.

Stop being such a **** to people. And stop lowballing.

And before you ask me where you're doing it, STOP. We both know where you're doing it.
I agree that was uncalled for. Sorry.

I was using the times she has been attacked by lightning that I know. If you know any time she has outright tanked lightning by a top tier, please tell me. I'm genuinely drawing a blank on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.