Catchphrases

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Do you find that most people have things they say that make you laugh every time they say it. Not quite catchphrases, but these are the ones that make me giggle.....

1. When I'm feeling naughty and I pinch the back of Mrs.MM's arm, she always says, "Ouch! Don't pinch my arm-skin". That always makes me laugh.

2. Mrs.MM's grandad alway says his old classic every time he comes back from going to the toilet, "God that water was cold.....and deep".

3. My old man sometimes says this when a lady bends over in front of him, "Good god, is it 6 o'clock already?". Its usually said quitely but it always makes me laugh out loud. laughing out loud

What saying makes you laugh?

Bad Boy
Such a pain in the ass? Well so was sex, but then I discovered girls!

Corran
I've seen that face before - same as your point 3.

I quite like it when you deliberately say something wrong that sounds almost like what you mean, sometimes people don't hear properly, like ordering puppy dogs in an Inian instean of Puppadoms, of course when you do get Puppy dogs instead it's a little annoying as they do not go nearly so well with Chutney.

At the butchers: '3 lamp-shades please', ...pardon...'I said 3 lamb steaks please'
Instead of saying fair enough - hairy muff.
At a restaurant if there's a group of you and 4 order the Potato Skins as Starers, this has happened twice to me, when the waitress is checking the order back I said 'Did you get the four skins on that?'
There are some others too, as and when I remember them I will let you know.

Phoenix
Me and my friends often have funny phrases that we overuse so much that they are no longer funny anymore... They're really kinda weird, and when I actually think abt them, they'r not reely that funny!

Current phrases: when someone says someting spectacularly weird or stupid, you may call them a) Fooooooooooooooooool b) Happy Child or c) Special child
Boys are 'hot little biscuits' and a hypothetical situation has been renamed a biscuit situation.

Also, when I have really been freaky, my best mate will always put her head to one side and say, in a spooky voice, 'Be afraid... Be very afraid...'

It makes me laugh....

Ushgarak
Hot little biscuits? Not in a Stephen Fry sense, I hope.

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Mrs.MM said another one of her funny things this afternoon. She was talking about work and the dress-down-Friday thing they do, each employee can pay a pound for the honor, which goes to charity. The funny thing is that she always calls it, "non-school uniform day", cus thats what those days were called at school. It always makes me giggle when she says it.

One of my funny sayings is stolen directly from a Morcame and Wise sketch when a fire engine goes speeding past with its sirens going. You can't see the truck but you hear it, then Eric says to Ernie, "He'll never sell any ice-cream going at that speed". Whenever I say it I'm usually the only one to laugh about it.

Julie
I dunno.....I just don't htink about catch phrases too much

mechmoggy
Like I said, not really catchphrases, just little things people sometimes say that stick in your mind and make you laugh. Here's another....

A bloke who used to work at my place had to visit our neighbouring transport company to organise a lorry for delivery, he got up from his chair and planned to inform us that he has to nip next door.

Unlucky for him it came out, "I've just gotta nip neck noor". We fell about laughing and thats what we always say now when we have to go.

Member.
theres a show called catchphrase, funny. expescially this one episode where the guy looked he was humping a snakelaughing out loud

yerssot
"Jump up and bite his knee"
and
"Could be worse, ... could be raining"
(unfortunatly it rains a lot here, so I have to say "could be snowing"wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.