What'Cha Reading?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Just a thread to find out what people are reading

Please list what your reading/favorite characters

Feel free to critique/promote any comics you like

Have fun

raver

deathslash
I just read the first issue of the new Ironfist comic and I'm currently keeping up with the Warren Ellis Moonknight run. Both are pretty good reads.

My favorite heroes are Luke Cage, Ironfist, Captain America, and Moonknight. My favorite villains are Darkseid, the Joker, Faora, Mystique, and Thanos.

Tzeentch
these nuts

pym-ftw
I'm reading Avengers A.I., Mighty Avengers, & Superman Wondy

Will pick up Iron fist, Captain Marvel & catch up on fearless defenders

My Favorite heroes are Dr. Pym, Vision, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Tigra & Man-thing

My Favorite villains are Ultron, Creel, Zsasz, Emil Blonsky, & Zemo

Digi
I stopped reading comics about a year ago. I follow storylines tangentially via KMC. My plan moving forward is to occasionally pick out 1-2 titles from this thread that aren't ongoing, while keeping up with the work of the 2-3 authors that I actually care about (Ellis, Gaiman, maybe 1-2 others). Comics are great, but I was getting so much less out of them that it didn't justify my time.

zopzop
Originally posted by Digi
I stopped reading comics about a year ago. I follow storylines tangentially via KMC. My plan moving forward is to occasionally pick out 1-2 titles from this thread that aren't ongoing, while keeping up with the work of the 2-3 authors that I actually care about (Ellis, Gaiman, maybe 1-2 others). Comics are great, but I was getting so much less out of them that it didn't justify my time.
Digi, do yourself a favor and pick up "The Twelve" limited series from Marvel. Thank me later.

Easily better than anything Marvel has put out in at least a decade.

maxivitopowe
havent been able to pick up in a couple of weeks but before i was mainly picking up X-Men titles

Amazing X-Men
Gambits new X-men team cant remember

gonna pick up Spiderman

Golgo13
East of West
Chew
Mind MGMT
Trillium
Fatale
Edison Rex
Green Arrow
Iron Fist
Archer & Armstrong

Digi
Originally posted by zopzop
Digi, do yourself a favor and pick up "The Twelve" limited series from Marvel. Thank me later.

Easily better than anything Marvel has put out in at least a decade.

Cool, thanks. I'll put it on my list. I tend to compartmentalize my endeavors. I'll do nothing but play video games, then stop entirely and do nothing but read, then catch up on TV, then work on ancillary work projects, etc. Next time I rotate around to "read comics" I'll check it out.

deathslash
Originally posted by Golgo13
East of West
Chew
Mind MGMT
Trillium
Fatale
Edison Rex
Green Arrow
Iron Fist
Archer & Armstrong hey bro, I have only heard good things about the current green arrow run and I really wanr to star reading East of West. What would be a good issue to get so that I'm not completely in the dark while I'm reading it?

cdtm
Master of Kung Fu.

Also Transformers More Than Meets the Eye, which has consistently been fantastic.

rotiart
Currently... nothing.. .before a great mix between dc (green lantern, superman, batman, jla etc etc) and marvel (captain america, avengers, xmen) no image stuff though .... then around the same time xmen went all phoenix five... the white lantern came about... i just gave up on everything... not sure which one it was... or all of it.. but I just felt like the writers weren't even trying anymore.

Bentley
Uncanny Avengers is the last mainstream comicbook I'm still following. Which is a shame because there is a GotG comic out there, I blame Bendis.

Also Godzilla, Planet of the Apes and other random goodies catch my eye from time to time.

Cool, thanks. I'll put it on my list. I tend to compartmentalize my endeavors. I'll do nothing but play video games, then stop entirely and do nothing but read, then catch up on TV, then work on ancillary work projects, etc. Next time I rotate around to "read comics" I'll check it out.

So you're into segregation after all mmm

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop

Easily better than anything Marvel has put out in at least a decade. Vengeance

Flyattractor
Old Judge Dredd and Hellboy TPB.

tsilamini
Originally posted by pym-ftw
& Man-thing

<3 <3

Golgo13
Originally posted by deathslash
hey bro, I have only heard good things about the current green arrow run and I really wanr to star reading East of West. What would be a good issue to get so that I'm not completely in the dark while I'm reading it?

Start with this trade.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-Vol-Machine-Paperback/dp/1401246907/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397542300&sr=1-1&keywords=green+arrow

You won't regret it. Also, East of West just started. I just bought the first trade and it's fantastic.

Epicurus
Pride of Baghdad. Great read.

Lek Kuen
I haven't read a comic since the end of 2012, just hard for me to get into them. Don't hold the same feeling they used to with me, despite me loving the characters so much.

Martian_mind
Anyone not reading Waid's Daredevil is missing out.

Also the new She-hulk.

"Id"
Mainstream... Uncanny Avengers and Thor.

Previously X-Men Legacy and Uncanny Avengers.

Thats From Marvel, I dont Think I am following anything from DC.

So yeah not really following anything from the Big Two.

Now the Nu Valiant? Give Me EVERYTHING!!!!

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
So you're into segregation after all mmm

My embarrassing hobbies have to drink from a different water fountain.

deathslash
Originally posted by Golgo13
Start with this trade.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-Vol-Machine-Paperback/dp/1401246907/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397542300&sr=1-1&keywords=green+arrow

You won't regret it. Also, East of West just started. I just bought the first trade and it's fantastic. thanks, I'll check it out.

Bentley
My embarrassing hobbies have to drink from a different water fountain.

So now you have hobbies that aren't embarrassing? confused

Kazenji
Why is something like this in the verses?

pym-ftw
So thread makers can find battles that people will respond to without Hulk, Superman, or Thanos in them.

Digi
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why is something like this in the verses?

Bc Bada/Pr/Newjak haven't seen it yet. /srug

Impediment
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Just a thread to find out what people are reading

Please list what your reading/favorite characters

Feel free to critique/promote any comics you like

Have fun

raver

I'm currently rereading the entire Preacher saga in anticipation for the upcoming AMC live action series.

Monthly titles I buy and read are New 52 Batman, Constantine, and Swamp Thing, Hellboy, Savage Dragon, Saga, and Avengers.

My favorite characters are Savage Dragon, Batman, Hellboy, Morpheus, Spider Jerusalem, and Joker.

Favorite titles are Batman, Sandman, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Scalped, Hellblazer, Savage Dragon, Hellboy, Saga, and Swamp Thing.

If you haven't read Saga, Swamp Thing, Transmetropolitan, or Scalped.....you REALLY need to and fast.

JuggernautMania
i must say that spider man grew up on me very much for the past year.

i miss good wolverine reading so much, grew up on him. ever since the end of Vol 2 it was never the same again. the Vol 2 of wolverine is golden.

Galan007
Originally posted by Impediment
Monthly titles I buy and read are ... Savage Dragon I think you're like 1 of the 9 people who purchase this on a monthly basis.

-Pr-
Moving...

JuggernautMania
Savage dragon is great reading.

Wonder Man
I think Nightcrawler is going to be good. Amanda Sefton is back it seems.

Impediment
Savage Dragon is severely underrated.

Erik Larsen is such a talented artist and writer.

I've been a fan of Erik since his Revenge of the Sinister Six run on Spider-Man.

Existere
Saga. If you like BKV, it's awesome.

Also, Afterlife with Archie. Zombies attack Riverdale. It's a much darker take on Archie characters, and a great read so far.

Galan007
Originally posted by Impediment
Savage Dragon is severely underrated.

Erik Larsen is such a talented artist and writer.

I've been a fan of Erik since his Revenge of the Sinister Six run on Spider-Man. Oh I absolutely agree. Just saying that it's not really a very popular title for most these days.

Example:
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/18585638_21.jpg

.......http://i.imgur.com/rmTU9CD.jpg

I applaud you for keeping the faith, however. clapclap

Originally posted by Existere
Saga. If you like BKV, it's awesome.

Also, Afterlife with Archie. Zombies attack Riverdale. It's a much darker take on Archie characters, and a great read so far. Saga is absolutely beautiful. thumb up

Since we're on the topic of Indie comics, 'The Manhattan Projects' is also quite enjoyable, in a very bizarre/obscure sort of way.

Impediment
Saga would make for an awesome movie

JayDaDon
On my third read through of the series, I'm REALLY loving Invincible right now. And the big issue 111 is supposed to drop tomorrow, my body is ready.

Astor Ebligis
The Sandman: Overture
The Dead Boy Detectives
The Unwritten: Apocalypse
Astro City
American Vampire: Second Cycle
The Wake
Fables
Fairest
Justice League Dark
Constantine
Swamp Thing
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Justice League
Batman
Superman Unchained
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
Batman Eternal
Forever Evil
All-New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men
Nightcrawler
Daredevil
Inhuman
Moon Knight
Guardians of the Galaxy
All-New Doop
Brilliant
Criminal
Incognito
Kick-Ass
Nemesis
Powers
Scarlet
Superior
Takio
Lazarus
The Walking Dead
Fatale
Invincible
Starlight
Velvet
Jupiter's Legacy
Saga
Insufferable

Golgo13
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
The Sandman: Overture
The Dead Boy Detectives
The Unwritten: Apocalypse
Astro City
American Vampire: Second Cycle
The Wake
Fables
Fairest
Justice League Dark
Constantine
Swamp Thing
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Justice League
Batman
Superman Unchained
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
Batman Eternal
Forever Evil
All-New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men
Nightcrawler
Daredevil
Inhuman
Moon Knight
Guardians of the Galaxy
All-New Doop
Brilliant
Criminal
Incognito
Kick-Ass
Nemesis
Powers
Scarlet
Superior
Takio
Lazarus
The Walking Dead
Fatale
Invincible
Starlight
Velvet
Jupiter's Legacy
Saga
Insufferable

How good is the Unwritten?

Astor Ebligis
Really good, much better than Fables imo.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
I think you're like 1 of the 9 people who purchase this on a monthly basis.

Imagine how that number will go down without Larsen's family.

But it's a fun book still.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Really good, much better than Fables imo.

I think I read somewhere that the main character is pretty powerful. Is this true?

Kazenji
These days the stuff that i buy/read

From Marvel-

Amazing X-men
Uncanny Avengers
Wolverine
Iron Man
All New Invaders
Thor God of Thunder
Punisher
Kick-Ass 3

DC-

Swamp Thing & Detective Comics

Dark Horse-

The Star Wars
Terminator Salvation: Final Battle / Enemy of My Enemy

Dreampanther
I've been out of comics for a while, there were just too many to keep track of and some of the reboots and rewrites and re-everything were starting to annoy me. However, I recently discovered readcomiconline.to and decided to check out a few comics just for the fun of it. To my surprise and delight it rekindled my love for comics, and I've been catching up on the series and issues that I had always meant to read and never got around to, like Hulk vs Pitt and Batmna vs The Darkness.

Then I remembered how much people raved about The Authority when it came out. I had always meant to check it out, but somehow it always stayed on my Will-Get_Around-To-It list. Well, Warren Ellis rocks! Even almost two decades later that is still a lot of fun to read. I only finished Vol 1, might come back to it at some stage, but I really preferred the issues Ellis wrote the most.

Currently I'm reading Fathom, another series I had always meant to check out since (obviously) I was (and still am) a big fan of Michael Turner's art. Not sure if the story is grabbing me, but the art is every bit as good as I imagined it would be.

What is everybody else reading at the moment? I am browsing through the other threads as well, to see what series have been recommended.

Dreampanther
Dropped Fathom. It's pretty, but didn't really grab me. Might come back to it some day.

Finished Huck by Millar. Very good, I really liked it.

Re-read Marvels by Busiek. Amazing how great it is - in fact, it got even better now that I'm older and understand it more.

Currently reading Planetary, because I enjoyed Ellis's run on The Authority so much. So far I'm enjoying it.

Dreampanther
Loved Planetary. At this point I'd be willing to read the back of a box of dog biscuits if Ellis wrote it.

Just finished The Twelve. It was okay, but not really mind-boggling, I thought. Maybe it suffers a bit in comparison because I just re-read Busiek's Marvels a short while ago, which I thought did a better job of portraying those old-fashioned values and the superheroes who embodied them. I liked it, I just wasn't wowed by it.

Might take a look at Pak's Incredible Hulk next. I actually want to read something DC-related, maybe by Morrison, but they are all such long runs.

-Pr-
Don't touch Warren Ellis's X-Men run. It's not very good.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by -Pr-

Ah, okay, thanks for the tip. Currently reading Pak's Incredible Hercules (I said Incredible Hulk above) and so far, pretty good. I liked his WW Hulk as well. Just not sure how many of his series I would want to read in a row.

riv6672

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Ah, okay, thanks for the tip. Currently reading Pak's Incredible Hercules (I said Incredible Hulk above) and so far, pretty good. I liked his WW Hulk as well. Just not sure how many of his series I would want to read in a row.

WWH and IH are probably the only two Pak books I really like, but they are so good.

Dreampanther
Finished Incredible Hercules. It was ... okay. Nothing against Pak, I think he did a great job with WWH, but it felt like he wrote IH for a laugh. He didn't really do anything with Herc, didn't develop him or show any major depth - in fact, he spent a lot more time on Amadeus Choi. Don't get me wrong, I really like Choi and Pak seems to like him too - but I was hoping to see Herc as a more three-dimensional character by the end of his run and at the end I just didn't.

The opposite happened with Infinite Crisis. I gave up reading DC a long time ago because it just got too tiresome to keep up with all the reboots, crises and infinite everythings. But, since I love the characters I finally took the plunge and read IC to try and get a handle on what happened before I started on 52 and the "new and improved" DCU.

And boy howdy, is there a lot of character development in IC. In fact, not to seem ungrateful - at the end I was just happy to finish so I could start enjoying DC again. Infinite Crisis seemed more like something you HAVE to read rather than something you want to read. No wonder everything in the DCEU is so grim, dark, emotional and gritty. FFS, all the fun seems to have been sucked out of the DCU along with however many characters, worlds, alternative Earths and universes.

A good story? Yes, certainly. But would I want to read it again? A thousand times no.

However, it allowed me to finally start reading DC again with more or less a grip on what's going on, and six issues into 52, I can gratefully say that I'm starting to enjoy DC again. Good writing and familiar characters doing interesting things make me want to read more and get excited about starting each new issue.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Nothing anymore. The big two just disappointed me over the years, again and again.

-Pr-
The opposite happened with Infinite Crisis. I gave up reading DC a long time ago because it just got too tiresome to keep up with all the reboots, crises and infinite everythings.

Huh? IC was the first major reboot in almost twenty years.

StiltmanFTW
Finished Incredible Hercules. It was ... okay. Nothing against Pak, I think he did a great job with WWH, but it felt like he wrote IH for a laugh. He didn't really do anything with Herc, didn't develop him or show any major depth - in fact, he spent a lot more time on Amadeus Choi. Don't get me wrong, I really like Choi and Pak seems to like him too - but I was hoping to see Herc as a more three-dimensional character by the end of his run and at the end I just didn't.

The opposite happened with Infinite Crisis. I gave up reading DC a long time ago because it just got too tiresome to keep up with all the reboots, crises and infinite everythings. But, since I love the characters I finally took the plunge and read IC to try and get a handle on what happened before I started on 52 and the "new and improved" DCU.

And boy howdy, is there a lot of character development in IC. In fact, not to seem ungrateful - at the end I was just happy to finish so I could start enjoying DC again. Infinite Crisis seemed more like something you HAVE to read rather than something you want to read. No wonder everything in the DCEU is so grim, dark, emotional and gritty. FFS, all the fun seems to have been sucked out of the DCU along with however many characters, worlds, alternative Earths and universes.

A good story? Yes, certainly. But would I want to read it again? A thousand times no.

However, it allowed me to finally start reading DC again with more or less a grip on what's going on, and six issues into 52, I can gratefully say that I'm starting to enjoy DC again. Good writing and familiar characters doing interesting things make me want to read more and get excited about starting each new issue.

It's Cho. Not "Choi".

You'd know that if you read IH.

Dreampanther
Huh? IC was the first major reboot in almost twenty years.

Huh? Do you mean you've only been reading comics of the last twenty years?
confused So you never read Golden Age and Silver Age comics? You think the DC Universe was created brand-new in 2007?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's Cho. Not "Choi".

You'd know that if you read IH.

Wow. Thank you so much for your constructive criticism. Ignore the fact that I've been posting about all the series I've been catching up on the last few weeks. Ignore the fact that I've left detailed reviews and feedback about writers, universes and characters. No, it's all about "I", right?

But at least you don't have to make an effort by writing a review of something you are reading...

...if anything.

StiltmanFTW
Welcome to the Internet, dreamp big grin

Dreampanther
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Welcome to the Internet, dreamp big grin

Suddenly I feel so warm and welcome stick out tongue

Just gonna go back to reading DC's 52 and not try not to wonder how I managed to fall 20 years behind in comics. wink

-Pr-
Huh? Do you mean you've only been reading comics of the last twenty years?
confused So you never read Golden Age and Silver Age comics? You think the DC Universe was created brand-new in 2007?

Huh? That's not what I said.

I said IC was the first major reboot in almost twenty years, which it was, as the last massive, DC universe altering one was COIE in 86.

StyleTime
thumb up

It's crazy that otherwise good writers seem to fail at X-Men.

His Generation X was pretty good though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StyleTime
thumb up

It's crazy that otherwise good writers seem to fail at X-Men.

His Generation X was pretty good though.

I remember reading about Ellis's plans for the X-Men and how stoked it got me. The first issue was even pretty good, but it went downhill fast.

Dreampanther
Huh? That's not what I said.

I said IC was the first major reboot in almost twenty years, which it was, as the last massive, DC universe altering one was COIE in 86.

Huh? So as long as DC just keeps their major universe altering reboots to every twenty years we should just be grateful?

confused

Oh, I see - why bother trying to create a decent, coherent storyline when it's so much easier to just employ incompetent writers and then wipe everything out and start all over again every couple of decades...

-Pr-
Huh? So as long as DC just keeps their major universe altering reboots to every twenty years we should just be grateful?

confused

Oh, I see - why bother trying to create a decent, coherent storyline when it's so much easier to just employ incompetent writers and then wipe everything out and start all over again every couple of decades...

You took what I said and just ran with it, didn't you...

Dreampanther
You took what I said and just ran with it, didn't you...

It's a gift big grin

riv6672
^^^haha.

I have to agree with you, though. The reboots take something away from the overall product (for me). Each one, judged on its own, is more good than bad, but all together? Not so much.

-Pr-
I am in theory against reboots, but if you take the example of say, Superman in the 80s, compared to some of the awful retcons they've made to the X-Men, a fresh start really doesn't seem that awful to me.

Dreampanther
I am in theory against reboots, but if you take the example of say, Superman in the 80s, compared to some of the awful retcons they've made to the X-Men, a fresh start really doesn't seem that awful to me.

I am on issue 35 now of DC's 52 and I have to agree with you - it's not that awful. In fact, the more I read it the more I like it. Like I said, I didn't like Infinite Crisis that much but if IC was necessary for 52 to happen then I not only accept it - I support it.

Will have to see what they did after 52 but if they keep up the standard and focus I will end up conceding that maybe there are a few writers who actually know what they are doing. It might be the four writers working together or the fact that the emphasis has moved away from the Big Three but I really think 52 is some of the best work in the DC universe I've read in a long time (which does not suggest I've read everything in the DC universe!).

Dreampanther
Okay. Finished 52, including World War III and Aftermath: The Four Horseman. As I said above, 52 grew on me, maybe because the Trinity wasn't there which allowed a lot more focus on "minor" characters. The Question, especially, was great. I never really read anything with him in it, so I enjoyed his character a lot. Dibny was awesome as well.

As for Black Adam - I knew it was coming and still I felt a lot of anger when everything was ripped from him, which I suppose speaks to the talent of the writers. I am not quite sure why he chose to go destroy a whole country full of innocent people rather than just target the ones responsible, though. "Driven out of his mind by rage" just didn't really sell it to me. It felt a bit superficial, as if the writers were just looking for a reason to end with a huge fight so they shrugged and decided: Well, it's Black Adam, so let's have him kill millions of innocent people for no plausible reason whatsoever, so that everybody who wears a costume will suit up and join the fight.

Cool fight, though. Which makes me wonder: What exactly was the point of World War III? <shrugs> Just a way to try and sell more comics? I really don't know why it was published. Anyway, that brings me to Aftermath...

So, they're back. The Trinity in all their glory. And they promptly get their butts kicked by the same Four Horsemen that were just torn to pieces by Black Adam. Uhm...

This is why I sometimes want to tear my beard out and throw rocks in the general direction of Burbank, California, while shouting obscenities. Then we're given some half-hearted excuse like: Well, you see, they're sort of on the same level (meaning Superman and Black Adam) but you see, Adam doesn't really pull his punches. Ffs...

If you are fighting for your life against a giant embodiment of Plague or Death, do you really think you should still be pulling your punches just to show you are morally superior to Black Adam or something? What's wrong with you?

Honestly, Aftermath just made me dread seeing what is now happening in the New 52. That one Batman scene made me laugh, though. The expressions on their faces when he stood there and said, "How long before you can get this nattering thing out of me?" were priceless.

So, at the moment I'm reading Grayson, which I'm kinda enjoying. Dick has always been one of my favourite characters and Grayson has some great scenes. Still trying to decide what to read after Grayson...

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just read Mythos: Captain America. Man, I love a well written Captain America. I miss my heroes being heroes.

Juntai
I am in theory against reboots, but if you take the example of say, Superman in the 80s, compared to some of the awful retcons they've made to the X-Men, a fresh start really doesn't seem that awful to me. I used to get pissed off at reboots, but these days all the soft-resets, and even the occasional hard reset don't really bother me much. All I care about are stories. Tell me great stories and all is forgiven.

Facee
Detective comics (2011). I'm on issue 22 of 52.

Good read.

Dreampanther
Well. Finished Grayson. I liked it! Yes, there were some weak parts, but overall I think Tim Seeley did a very good job, especially with Dick's devil-may-care attitude and mental toughness, not to mention his physical prowess and ... charms.

I liked the mix of humour and action, blended with a typical hero's journey: Find your true identity, gather some companions (loved the growing friendship between Dick and Midnighter!), beat the monster, save the girl. There were also some small touches that stood out, like the nod to The Dark Knight Returns:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iKHUF7e0hK0/sddefault.jpg

Grayson #19

http://i.imgur.com/vAbu1pK.jpg

Overall, quite a pleasing arc of one of my favourite characters. Is Dick a spy? No. But did he enjoy being a spy? Oh yes. And so did I.

Now, onto something I've been looking forward to since I saw Lucio Parrillo's cover art:

Dynamite's 2012 run of Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle is described thusly (with lots of exclamation marks): "For the first time in its 100 year history the classic Edgar Rice Burroughs story, Tarzan of The Apes is told UNCENSORED! This series will capture the savagery and action of the original while expanding on it with new elements!

The violent saga of Greystoke begins in December written by Arvid Nelson and illustrated by Roberto Castro, and featuring covers by Alex Ross, Lucio Parrillo, Ryan Sook, and Paul Renaud!"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a2/06/93/a20693df186d9b99bb8854b6e1042e3b.jpg

Dreampanther
Lord of the Jungle was okay. Vol 1 was decent, especially if you are a big ERB fan (I am). But in general, apart from a few exceptional covers, the the art is poor to mediocre, especially in the middle. Just save yourself the effort and read the books.

Read the two Lobo/Authority crossovers. My advice? Don't. Except if for some reason you are a fan of Simon Bisley's art (I'm not).

Now onto Hitman, by Garth Ennis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.