The Battlezone! Tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Similar to the SWTOR.com forums, I was thinking of hosting a Battlezone tournament featuring many prominent sith and jedi. the tournament would have a total of 32 combatants, and each battle would be decided until there's one left standing. In these battles, however, there are no half-assed 2 sentence answers. I will give a bio of the characters and you must wholly and completely analyze their powers and skillsets to ultimately determine a victor. The character who has the best arguments backing up his/her abilities will move on to the next round.

Characters that won't be included in the tournament are: The Ones, Bedlam Spirits, Luke, Sidious, and Vitiate, as these characters spark a little too much controversy, and no battles involving them would be decided.

If you would like, request combatants of your choice not named above to be in the tournament, and if you have any questions, please ask.

carthage
Do it. I'm up to see how it'd work out

Astor Ebligis
I vote Sion to be added.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Characters that won't be included in the tournament are: Luke, Sidious, and Vitiate,
If you would like, request combatants of your choice not named above to be in the tournament, and if you have any questions, please ask.
thumb down Include them.

Astor Ebligis
I say include everyone but God-teir character (or characters who people would debate on whether they are a God-tier character or not).

This includes anybody who operates on an abnormally large scale (e.g. Nihilus), or people who are unkillable (e.g. Sion). I also say we exclude spirits, so only living Force Users. Also, exclude all deities and such beings, as well as Zonakin. And maybe exclude incredibly obscure characters?

I propose the following characters to be included:

Yoda
RotJ Sidious
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
TCW Asajj Ventress
TCW Darth Maul
Savage Opress
RotS Obi-Wan
Darth Vader
Prime Luke Skywalker
Kyp Durron
Darth Caedus
Jaina Solo
Darth Krayt
Cade Skywalker
Darth Bane
Kas'im
Darth Zannah
Revan
Darth Traya
Meetra Surik
Satele Shan
Darth Malgus
Exar Kun
Ulic Qel-Droma
The Hero of Tython
The Barsenthor
Darth Nox
Emporer's Wrath

This leaves space for 3 others that I might have missed.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb down Include them.

Most people would then just argue that Luke and Sidious would win the whole thing, so it doesn't make it an interesting outcome. Vitiate i won't include either because of the controversy surrounding his power, and that we'd never come to a concrete conclusion. Probably won't include Nihilus either.

characters in the tournament (so far)

1. Meetra Surik
2. Revan
3. Count Dooku
4. Mace Windu
5. Darth Traya
6. Darth Bane
7. Exar Kun
8. Darth Krayt
9. Ulic Qel Droma
10. RotS Kenobi
11. TCW Maul
12. Satele Shan
13. HoT
14. Barsen'thor
15. Darth Nox
16. Emperor's Wrath
17. Darth Malgus
18. Cade Skywalker
19. ROTS Anakin
20. Darth Thanaton
21. Yoda
22. Darth Plagueis

@ Astor: I didn't add all of your characters because i wanna see if other wanna bring in characters as well.

Nephthys
Well if Yoda and Plagueis are in then I guess I could request Tulak Hord and Nihilus.

carthage
Why request Yoda, Sidious and Luke? So they can inevitably make it to the final fights, and we can all fellate over how powerful they are again? Wtf? Keep them out of here, we all know they're strong. Who cares. Its going to be the exact same thing as the tournament we had at SWF.

Intrepid37
Why is Traya in it but not Nihilus? lol

Nephthys
Nihilus is kind of unfairly powerful and broken. Traya probably shouldn't be in here though since it will just become a Gig-Drain debate.

carthage
Traya should enter, sans giga drain of course. I think she's strong enough to hold her own without it.

I have no idea about Nihilus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ok, so im taking out yoda and plagueis, and battles involving traya will not involve giga drain. She has a myriad of other powers anyways.

Any suggestions on more characters?

Astor Ebligis
Galen Marek.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
k yeah i forgot bout him, thx. I'm also gonna add Darth Malak and Freedon Nadd into the mix, which makes for 23 combatants. Just 9 more.

Intrepid37
Krayt, Wyyrlok? And lol @Meetra being in this.

carthage
Kun, Malgus, Tiin, Koon, Katarn,

too many fighters to choose from

Astor Ebligis
I say we do a 64 man tournament.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
64 is too many battles to analyze

Nephthys
Yeah.

Possibilities:

Darth Baras, Darth Jadus, Nyriss, Scourge, Aryn Leneer, Darth Caedus, Unuthul, Nomi Sunrider, Lord Nyax.

I notice Darth Vader isn't on that list btw.

carthage
64 is too many battles to analyze

No its not. The more the merrier, perfect way to increase post count and increase the dialogue. For as long as I've been lurking here one complaint was lack of activity, what better way to encourage forum dialogue than with a tournament.

I like the idea. I can't wait to start it

Astor Ebligis
Would we be able to do 128 or would that be too much?

carthage
No. We need more

Intrepid37
Include the entire mythos.

Nephthys
Less or more than 9000?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by carthage
No its not. The more the merrier, perfect way to increase post count and increase the dialogue. For as long as I've been lurking here one complaint was lack of activity, what better way to encourage forum dialogue than with a tournament.

I like the idea. I can't wait to start it

Except that we will be thoroughly analyzing each individual battle (there's 31 battles in total), each one could go 15+ pages depending on the combatants. Adding 128 peeps would make it much more difficult to match up the combatants. This will most likely be going over the span of months so...

Q99
Except that we will be thoroughly analyzing each individual battle (there's 31 battles in total), each one could go 15+ pages depending on the combatants. Adding 128 peeps would make it much more difficult to match up the combatants. This will most likely be going over the span of months so...

Still, the obscure ones are fun, and it's not like we have a time limit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Here, I'll draw a line in the middle: 64 combatants. Will show characters and matchups in a few hours.

carthage
Has to be more than 64 IMO. This tourney might bring in other prospective users since SWF is dead.

I might post some links on Youtube videos once it gets started. Really looking forward to it

Nephthys
I was fine with 32. Beyond that I'm struggling to come up with characters who aren't obviously out of their depth.

carthage
64 I guess is fine then if Supreme is going with that. I like a lot of matches personally.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
I was fine with 32. Beyond that I'm struggling to come up with characters who aren't obviously out of their depth.

Which was the problem i originally saw. I mean, there are a few more i can add, but it gets to the point where the characters simply wouldn't be powerful enough to make it past round 2. However I'll still keep it at 64, as first round matchups with these types of combatants would be interesting.

carthage
Just remember to leave out obvious mentions like Luke, Palps, Yoda, and the Ones and we can get rolling.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah. People being left out are as follows:

Luke
Palp
Yoda
Ones
Plagueis
Vitiate
Nihilus

Traya's still in, but no drain.

Astor Ebligis
Why leave out Yoda? He's not in any way OP or cheap or a cheat or even controversial or anything. Literally zero reason to leave him out.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Problem: most people would disagree with that statement.

carthage
Because he's god mode with his retarded CW feats. Unless your Plagueis, Caedus, or Orbalisk Bane you really have no chance of beating him if he gets a pairing with another character. Windu on the other hand I think can be beaten.

Astor Ebligis
And those people are either being delusional or idiotic. Yoda's best feats are perhaps high levels of TK, that while great aren't cosmic in scale, nor are they unrivalled. There's literally no reason to exclude him and you'd be weakenning your tournament by doing so. The others I can understand.

Astor Ebligis
Because he's god mode with his retarded CW feats. Unless your Plagueis, Caedus, or Orbalisk Bane you really have no chance of beating him if he gets a pairing with another character. Windu on the other hand I think can be beaten.

At the end of the day somebody's got to win this tournament, and if it is in your opinion Yoda, that's great. I'd only exclude characters that are unimaginably OP or cheap or controversial or something. Yoda is not one of them.

carthage
Don't matter to me I guess then. I'd like to see him get eliminated early though, personally.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
halfway done with matchups. Don't know who to match up caedus with.

carthage
post one when your done!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Done with tournament setup, first match bios will be done shortly.

Emperordmb
Why request Yoda, Sidious and Luke? So they can inevitably make it to the final fights, and we can all fellate over how powerful they are again? Wtf? Keep them out of here, we all know they're strong. Who cares. Its going to be the exact same thing as the tournament we had at SWF.

carthage
Whatever happened to this? The battles got a lot of posts

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I suppose I should continue it, shouldn't I?

carthage
Up to you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.