God Cable VS World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
God Cable

VS

World War Hulk

Stoic
Hmm... Why would Cable, even at his best be a challenge here?

tkitna
Originally posted by Stoic
Hmm... Why would Cable, even at his best be a challenge here?

He wont. Hulk wins.

DarkSaint85
BFR.

He held an entire island up with his mind. Flinging Hulk into space should be no problem.

Epicurus
Cable's only hope here is bfr. WWH wins in a straight up fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
BFR.

He held an entire island up with his mind. Flinging Hulk into space should be no problem.

The Hulk could also just fold an entire town up on top of him. BFR is a viable tactic, but it's not a true win. It's a forum win but a really cheap one.

carver9
Dark love using bfr as an option. Also, I think this is a good fight. We never seen his full potential because he was multitasking across the globe while fighting teams at the same time. Crazy thing is, while reading every mind on the planet, telekinetically holding up a planet, telekinetically taking the weapons from each nation, while fighting teams (and Surfer), he was still operating at high Herald levels. This is an amazing fight imo. By the way, he let Surfer beat him, and, he wasn't close to being at full potential when he fought Surfer.

"Id"
In a strair up fight WWH.

guy222
Poor Jesus C

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Dark love using bfr as an option. Also, I think this is a good fight. We never seen his full potential because he was multitasking across the globe while fighting teams at the same time. Crazy thing is, while reading every mind on the planet, telekinetically holding up a planet, telekinetically taking the weapons from each nation, while fighting teams (and Surfer), he was still operating at high Herald levels. This is an amazing fight imo. By the way, he let Surfer beat him, and, he wasn't close to being at full potential when he fought Surfer.

I do.

Its a fetish of mine.

abhilegend
facepalm

Half of those things are false, half are exaggerated.

DarkSaint85
Put it this way:

Without punching, Hulk loses.

cdtm
Cable wins.

StyleTime
Hulk punches Cable's telepathy right back in his stupid face and heals the telekinesis away, killing Cable. Cable finally stays dead forever and the world becomes a better place.

....cuz his stupid face isn't here anymore cuz it's stupid.

Angel Watching
God Cable

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

Half of those things are false, half are exaggerated.

thumb up

wwh would win but it would be very interesting to see.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Hulk punches Cable's telepathy right back in his stupid face and heals the telekinesis away, killing Cable. Cable finally stays dead forever and the world becomes a better place.

....cuz his stupid face isn't here anymore cuz it's stupid.

I basically skimmed past all the Cable scenes in Cable and Deadpool.. as mismatched pairings go, Deadpool and Galactus was a lot more interesting anyways. smile

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Cable wins.

Can you explain why?

cdtm
Can you explain why?

If the TK doesn't get him, the TP should.

I know WWH was pretty strong and had insane regen, but his piercing damage wasn't tpo great, so why couldn't someone with high TK just rip him into atoms and disperse them in a wide radius?

Lek Kuen
The Hulk could also just fold an entire town up on top of him. BFR is a viable tactic, but it's not a true win. It's a forum win but a really cheap one.

I disagree there are plenty of good fights in fiction that end in someone being trapped, sent back to their realm, or otherwise got rid off. It's a true win and doesn't stop a fight from being interesting. If smarts and tactics never were a part in fights it would get pretty boring, the fact that characters can get rid of others without having to beat them down or kill them can keep the end satisfying while leaving room for more to come. A brf doesn't necessarily mean a boring, walk into a portal the moment the fight starts, it can be something really epic in the hands of the right person.

Wei Phoenix
Cable let Surfer win? Where did you draw that conclusion from?

carver9

I know WWH was pretty strong and had insane regen, but his piercing damage wasn't tpo great, so why couldn't someone with high TK just rip him into atoms and disperse them in a wide radius?

He shrugged off adamantium bullets and what happened during WWH to make you think he could get shredded like that?

Lek Kuen
He shrugged off adamantium bullets and what happened during WWH to make you think he could get shredded like that?

He got cut and bled a lot during WWH, I'd argue that incarnation while stronger was actually one of his lesser in terms of durability.

carver9
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He got cut and bled a lot during WWH, I'd argue that incarnation while stronger was actually one of his lesser in terms of durability.

To the point that he can be ripped to shreds? He healed near instantly.

Lek Kuen
To the point that he can be ripped to shreds? He healed near instantly.

I'd argue that if Cable was capable of that (unsure if he is) it would take much longer to heal instantly form, considered it would be more damage done to him then in pretty much any of his arcs minus his fight with Vector, and in this case Cable could keep doing it. As I said unsure if he even could, but it would definitely take a lot from him to heal.

But claws and knives went full into his body, some a foot deep at least so he definitely wasn't as durable as some of his other incarnations which suffer mostly superficial wounds.

carver9
I'd argue that if Cable was capable of that (unsure if he is) it would take much longer to heal instantly form, considered it would be more damage done to him then in pretty much any of his arcs minus his fight with Vector, and in this case Cable could keep doing it. As I said unsure if he even could, but it would definitely take a lot from him to heal.

But claws and knives went full into his body, some a foot deep at least so he definitely wasn't as durable as some of his other incarnations which suffer mostly superficial wounds.

Adamantium went clean through his body and he healed instantly. Zom Strange was punching holes in him and he healed near instant. I can't see something like that working.

Stoic

What stops this from happening? You may have forgotten that the Hulk was hit by Black Bolts powers, and he was fine. He was actually seen walking through a full scream much like Thanos did. He wasn't torn asunder like you may think he should have. All of this happened on panel. John Romita Jr. was the sketch artist on that book where we see him bleeding so much, but if you look at his fight with the X-Men you didn't see any more blood than you would normally see.

This does not mean that he was severely hurt or nearly at the point of death. Black Bolt hit him with planet devastating attacks.

I disagree there are plenty of good fights in fiction that end in someone being trapped, sent back to their realm, or otherwise got rid off. It's a true win and doesn't stop a fight from being interesting. If smarts and tactics never were a part in fights it would get pretty boring, the fact that characters can get rid of others without having to beat them down or kill them can keep the end satisfying while leaving room for more to come. A brf doesn't necessarily mean a boring, walk into a portal the moment the fight starts, it can be something really epic in the hands of the right person.

You're getting ahead of yourself though. Cable may not be given the chance to do all of those things. People have to keep in mind that the Hulk is very fast, and that we aren't talking about the Blob or some other slow brick.

Lek Kuen
Adamantium went clean through his body and he healed instantly. Zom Strange was punching holes in him and he healed near instant. I can't see something like that working.

Well he was on the defensive against Zom when those holes were being hit through him, it's very possible that something could keep him down if they kept up. Especially as blowing him up (which is the argument being used) is much more extensive then holes in his stomach or blades through his arms.

Lek Kuen

You're getting ahead of yourself though. Cable may not be given the chance to do all of those things. People have to keep in mind that the Hulk is very fast, and that we aren't talking about the Blob or some other slow brick.
Yes my argument was if it was possible, in response to carver saying it wouldn't put him down. I don't know if Cable can do it, but I think if it actually happened it would do some damage.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cable let Surfer win? Where did you draw that conclusion from?

^ That.

Existere
You're getting ahead of yourself though. Cable may not be given the chance to do all of those things. People have to keep in mind that the Hulk is very fast, and that we aren't talking about the Blob or some other slow brick. Cable was thinking and acting fast enough to ready for Surfer's attack that was coming to his island from orbit. He then fended off Surfer while holding up Providence and actively repairing all the damage to the surroundings from their fight. He had also been performing his jesus-like miracles for weeks on end, even while sleeping, and wasn't entering the fight fresh like he is this one.

Given the speed and complicated nature with which he was performing tasks while fending off Surfer's assault, I think it's well within the character's limits to take some strikes from the Hulk while maintaining his own attacks.

He also never used offensive telepathy in his match against Surfer, though (iirc) he was still telepathically linked around the world. If all his attention and energy is focused on Hulk, he should be able to win this fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by Existere
Cable was thinking and acting fast enough to ready for Surfer's attack that was coming to his island from orbit. He then fended off Surfer while holding up Providence and actively repairing all the damage to the surroundings from their fight. He had also been performing his jesus-like miracles for weeks on end, even while sleeping, and wasn't entering the fight fresh like he is this one.

Given the speed and complicated nature with which he was performing tasks while fending off Surfer's assault, I think it's well within the character's limits to take some strikes from the Hulk while maintaining his own attacks.

He also never used offensive telepathy in his match against Surfer, though (iirc) he was still telepathically linked around the world. If all his attention and energy is focused on Hulk, he should be able to win this fight.

If? I read I lot of ifs in your post Ex. Are you talking about potential here? Or what was seen on panel? Because you really have to check out the Hulk's potential. It's so great that the Hulk had to be separated on this forum, for fear of the World Breaker coming out. Just something to think about. The Hulk at full potential would have beat the hell out of Surfer as well. Using Norrin as a benchmark doesn't really impress me, nor should it impress anyone after seeing what the Hulk was capable of.

carver9
Well he was on the defensive against Zom when those holes were being hit through him, it's very possible that something could keep him down if they kept up. Especially as blowing him up (which is the argument being used) is much more extensive then holes in his stomach or blades through his arms.

Depending on who's doing it, I agree, it could cause some damage, but this has to be at a high level...remember, they discovered his insides are just as durable as his outsiders, and the guy withstood a bomb that ripped a planet in half.

StiltmanFTW
Zom Strange was punching holes in him

Meh, always looked like Zom just phasing through him to me, but whatever.

DarkSaint85
Nah, definitely blew holes in him:

http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2569379-vs_strange2.jpg

Still, it's Cable's fight to lose.

Sin I AM
I want to say Cable because it's the intelligent answer and in a perfect world a telepath/telekenetic should always defeat a bruiser of equal strength but i feel that Hulk would take the maj in this one

Stoic

How is it Cable's fight to lose?

cdtm
Cable was thinking and acting fast enough to ready for Surfer's attack that was coming to his island from orbit. He then fended off Surfer while holding up Providence and actively repairing all the damage to the surroundings from their fight. He had also been performing his jesus-like miracles for weeks on end, even while sleeping, and wasn't entering the fight fresh like he is this one.

One detail: Cable wasn't fixing the damage in their fight alone. He used the word "we" in reference to it.

StiltmanFTW

Could've just "ghosted" through him, causing extreme pain and some damage.

Romita's art is to blame.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Could've just "ghosted" through him, causing extreme pain and some damage.

Romita's art is to blame.

Not sure if you're being half serious or not, but if Andrea Devito handled the entire WW Hulk art direction, all of the arguments based on the Hulk's condition in terms of aesthetics, wouldn't have so many people leaning on those scenes as some proof that he was physically weak. Imagine if they used Romita to express the kind of damage that Black Bolt's voice was doing to Thanos' face?

Sin I AM
Stop calling him black bolt. That was a skrull. He would've lost to the real deal

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Stop calling him black bolt. That was a skrull. He would've lost to the real deal

It doesn't matter what he was, the damage that he could output was evident, and as for him losing to the real deal, are you able to prove this? Also if that was at me, you missed my point.

LordofBrooklyn
It doesn't matter what he was, the damage that he could output was evident, and as for him losing to the real deal, are you able to prove this? Also if that was at me, you missed my point.

Black Bolt has defeated the Hulk before.

Canon.

tkitna
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Canon.

Not this version.

God Cable could win, but the telepathy aspect probably needs to be thrown out. There wasn't any mind controlling this Hulk.

Existere
If? I read I lot of ifs in your post Ex. Are you talking about potential here? Or what was seen on panel? Because you really have to check out the Hulk's potential. It's so great that the Hulk had to be separated on this forum, for fear of the World Breaker coming out. Just something to think about. The Hulk at full potential would have beat the hell out of Surfer as well. Using Norrin as a benchmark doesn't really impress me, nor should it impress anyone after seeing what the Hulk was capable of. Well, there's only one 'if' in my post, but I think it's a fair point to say that Hulk brings a lot to bear in an 'unlimited potential' argument.

I think Cable's god-like incarnation brings more though, but it is a lot of guess work and I'm probably feeling some bias from arguing for this character before.

Stoic

Canon.

A weaker Hulk. Canon indeed.

Well, there's only one 'if' in my post, but I think it's a fair point to say that Hulk brings a lot to bear in an 'unlimited potential' argument.

I think Cable's god-like incarnation brings more though, but it is a lot of guess work and I'm probably feeling some bias from arguing for this character before.

Understandable, but on Cable's side, he has always been using a lot of his power to hold that tech virus back, and if he did not have to do that, I could see him take this. Unless the Hulk was able to get close enough for a KO.

DarkSaint85
How is it Cable's fight to lose?

When Cable throws him into space.

meep-meep
Tk to the sun. Done.

carver9
Wait a min...The Skull Bolt was an identical replica of Black Bolt. Hell...This Bolt has better screaming ft a than the real deal.

abhilegend
Wait a min...The Skull Bolt was an identical replica of Black Bolt. Hell...This Bolt has better screaming ft a than the real deal.
facepalm

Namor killed the skrull, even Xavier survived his screams. Skrulls openly admitted that they couldn't fully replicate BB's powers.

DarkSaint85
Shut up Abhi. Skrulls are equal to their original counterparts. Any evidence to the contrary is you being a stupid DC lover.

Next week, I show how Black Panther defeats Loki, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, Wolverine, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Bullseye.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/59221/1740506-1738727_black_panther_40_0023_super.jpg

LordofBrooklyn

LIES!

The wretched lizard has corrupted you.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

Namor killed the skrull, even Xavier survived his screams. Skrulls openly admitted that they couldn't fully replicate BB's powers.

But yet this same Bolt put fear in Sentry just by whispering. Ripped through space and time with a scream and knocked a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island. It's pretty clear he was retconned into a skull after getting humiliated by Hulk, but he was just as powerful as the real deal.

Also, lol at you using statements when you decline any statements concerning Superman.

carver9
LIES!

The wretched lizard has corrupted you.

Lol.

abhilegend

But yet this same Bolt put fear in Sentry just by whispering. Ripped through space and time with a scream and knocked a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island. Means very little. He wasn't as powered by real BB. That was made clear. Hahaha, you're ****ing wrong. That skrull wasn't as powerful as real BB. Read Secret Invasion for once.

Keep on track carter. What statement have I ignored?

Sin I AM
A weaker Hulk. Canon indeed.

You can prove that WWH is stronger

LordofBrooklyn
Continue..

TheHulk
If Cable does not use BFR, WWH for the majority.

yaadaveyaa

hey carver what book is this in? id love to check this out ive never read this only about it on here.

Xplosive
I think God-like Cable was far more powerful as what we have seen from him,... panel wise WWH wins. But what would happen between the two if they really fought, I think God-like Cable could win. WWH wasn't controlled by TP, although no one used full TP on him and maybe Cable wouldn't hold here and would go to the end and who knows what he would be able to do to WWH.

We haven't seen enough from Cable.

LordofBrooklyn
Bump of Life!

Sin I AM
Meh stop baiting

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Meh stop baiting

Stop riding.

Time Immemorial
Stop riding.

U still guilty of having Hulk in your avatar as well, former ruler of my house. laughing

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
U still guilty of having Hulk in your avatar as well, former ruler of my house. laughing

IT. IS. ISIAH. BRADLEY.

Badabing
U still guilty of having Hulk in your avatar as well, former ruler of my house. laughing Why does LoB have Hulk in his avi? huh

Time Immemorial
IT. IS. ISIAH. BRADLEY.

Guilty of Marvel Worship!

LordofBrooklyn
Guilty of Marvel Worship!

I'll be GUILTY of making October the official BANISHMENT month of The House of El by kicking YOUR !@#$^^** OUT!!!!

Time Immemorial
I'll be GUILTY of making October the official BANISHMENT month of The House of El by kicking YOUR !@#$^^** OUT!!!!

laughing laughing

krisblaze
God Cable destroys WWH.

Loses to WBH.

DarkSaint85
LoB, stop baiting me.

Sin, carry on.

LordofBrooklyn
LoB, stop baiting me.

I DO AS I FEEL!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.