Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Obi-Wan from episodes 1-3 vs. Blade from the Blade trilogy.

Setting is at the top of the Cliffs of Insanity from the Princess Bride where Westley and Inigo had their sword duel. Blade has just ingested some fresh blood.

1) Straight up sword duel/fencing only. For the sake of the match, Blade's Sword of the Daywalker can withstand strikes from Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

2) Anything goes, down & dirty. Blade has his throwing stakes and bladed boomerang. Obi-Wan has his saber and the Force. Martial arts and cheap shots are allowed

Both scenarios are to the death. Who wins?

Lestov16
1) IDK. Jedis are constantly blocking barrages of droid fire that I'm 65% percent are faster than Blade. Then again, Blade is a badass, constantly fights barrages of superhumans, and has taken on numerous opponents with physical states above Obi Wan. As much as I like Blade, I may lean towards Obi Wan for a 6/10 win, if only for the Force precog

2) Blade gets telekinetically thrown around like a ragdoll

Impediment
The is no Force for round 1. Straight up sword fight only. Is that too much of a handicap or does it matter?

Epicurus
In terms of raw speed and strength, Blade clearly outmatches the Jedi here. However, Obi(and by extension most other Jedi/Sith) have some crazy reaction time feats where they are able block and deflect blaster shots from droids which are at the very least bullet timing feats. Making Blade's sword on par with a jedi ls makes things fare for the vamp half-breed.

This is how the battle goes imo:

1)Blade wins, barely.
2)Obi wins, decisively.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Impediment
The is no Force for round 1. Straight up sword fight only. Is that too much of a handicap or does it matter?

So they get no Force precog? IIRC, the Force is what allows them to avoid blaster fire, make superhuman leaps, and such. Without that, he's just a regular guy with a sword who Blade will chop down in moments. I'm not the biggest SW buff so I may be wrong.

Impediment
Hmm. You might be right.

Psychotron
1. Not sure. Assuming Obi-Wan can use the Force passively then he can give Blade a very good fight. I'd give 6/10 to Blade due to his superior speed and vastly superior strength and durability.

2.Obi-Wan.

Firefly218
The Jedi are invincible

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superior speed.. How is blade's speed superior?

Firefly218
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

He moves faster. That's how.

Jedi seem fast because they have force ability to predict where something will be before it's actually there. That's how they block the lasers shot by droids.

BruceSkywalker
Obi x 2 ftw..

Obi senses where Blade will be . then Blade gets a taste of the lightsaber which is the last thing Blade sees as he lay dying

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Epicurus
In terms of raw speed and strength, Blade clearly outmatches the Jedi here. However, Obi(and by extension most other Jedi/Sith) have some crazy reaction time feats where they are able block and deflect blaster shots from droids which are at the very least bullet timing feats. Making Blade's sword on par with a jedi ls makes things fare for the vamp half-breed.

This is how the battle goes imo:

1)Blade wins, barely.
2)Obi wins, decisively.

This

Psychotron
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Because he's faster? You saw how fast Frost was and Blade out-dueled him in his La Magra form. Obi-Wan is fast, too, he did out-fight a four-armed Grevious, but I think Blade has the edge.

Robtard
Probably the two best comparisons to make in terms of speed and agility are:

VA0Ch2_2o7I

9b_i9K0BNAc

The Spleen
Obi and Obi wan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.