Proof Yoda>Hero of Tython

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Well, I'm pretty sure everyone thinks this already (besides a select few...but not going to name anyone *cough* S_W_LeGenD *cough* but whatever).

Anyway, just got the 2013 book Star Wars: The Legendary Yoda and it states:
"The greatest Jedi: Yoda, defender of the galaxy, master of the Force, and the greatest Jedi who have ever lived."
"Yoda's ability to use the Force is greater than that of any other Jedi."
"...the most wise and mysterious Jedi Master of them all."
"During the Clone Wars, Yoda's reputation as a great Jedi warrior grows. At the Battle of Rugosa, he defeats a battalion of battle droids with only a few clones to help him!"
(Note: A battalion consist of 300 to 1,200 soldiers!)

And then in Star Wars The Sith Wars it states: "Yoda was the oldest and most powerful Jedi in the order."

Later in Star Wars: Blast Off! it states "Meet Yoda. He is the most powerful Jedi."

Also in Star Wars: Mysterious of the Jedi it states "Yoda is an immensely powerful Jedi..."

Finally, a scan of numerous more accolades on a mere page (no, that's not my finger):
http://ottawamommyclub.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/OMC-DK-Readers-Star-Wars-Books-Yoda.jpg

Add these accolades came out after SWTOR, and then in all the previous quotes saying Yoda is the best (there are countless), and it's literally canonical that Yoda>Hero of Tython or any other Jedi before him. Thanks for reading.

Nephthys
I don't really take childrens books seriously.

Intrepid37
I don't take TOR seriously.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37
I don't take TOR seriously.

I don't take you seriously so I don't care.

I do take Legend seriously though.

Intrepid37

You think I take you seriously? Lol.

Nephthys
You think I take it seriously whether you take me seriously!?

DarthAnt66
They are a C-Canon.

Nephthys
Is it now?

DarthAnt66
It always was.

Nephthys
Gosh.

Darth Abonis
The Hero might take it, due to his youth. He beat Vitiate, someone who is ALMOST as good as Palpatine. I believe the Hero of Tython might be able to defeat Palpatine with more training.

Nephthys
Kukukuku.....

S_W_LeGenD
DarthAnt66,

This is not surprising for a lore which is fraught with inconsistencies and contributors having history of not doing their homework properly.

This book claims that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi but this is inconsistent with the lore related developments featuring Luke and HoT.

Keep one thing in mind, their is no consistency for "most powerful" claims in Star Wars lore at official level.

Yoda had been hyped in comparable fashion even in SWTCE some years ago so this is not a new thing if some other authors perceive Yoda in the same way.

Yoda may get all the hype from some sources but he sucks as a warrior. Nuff said.

thumb up

http://inmomopause.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/3193886965_3a42146d02_o.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
Double post by mistake.

Nephthys
Oh yeah, I didn't even catch that this would make him better than Luke. Nice catch Legend, now I really don't take this seriously.

ares834
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Yoda may get all the hype from some sources but he sucks as a warrior. Nuff said.

no expression

The_Tempest
laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Can't tell if serious...
-Duel on pair with Darth Sidious who destroyed the Maul brothers
-Destroying droid C-9979 landing vessels
-Causing an avalanche
-Perceiving events and eventualities throughout the galaxy
-Altering the tides of battles by influencing armies and fleets
-Absorbing and redirecting extremely powerful Force Lightning
-Projecting Force Light
-Rendering himself immovable against forces moving ships
-Fighting faster than Anakin or an augmented Count Dooku

"To the uninitiated, lightsaber combat can seem like a confusing blur of swipes and blade clashes, but on close examination, the secrets of the Jedi Knights become clear. To understand the combat of these warriors, we must delve into the sacred history of the fabled Seven Forms of Jedi lightsaber combat and look at how these have played out in the Star Wars saga. Only then can we understand the extraordinary combat moves of Yoda, perhaps the greatest lightsaber master the Jedi Order has ever seen."
--Taken from Insider #62: Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat

"With a stooped, small appearance, Yoda may not look like a warrior, but his skills with a lightsaber were unequaled."
--Taken from Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force

Astor Ebligis
lol

Nephthys
Whats so funny? Yoda really is one of the best Jedi ever.

DarthAnt66
Of course he is, that's not even up for debate.
Luke's the best though, which is also not up for debate.
Who comes after Luke and Yoda is up for debate however.

Intrepid37
Jacen, then Hero.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Jacen, then Hero.
thumb up

Nephthys
Jedi Jacen isn't more powerful than the Hero.

DarthAnt66
There's really no difference besides Jedi Jacen and Darth Caedus except morals.

Nephthys
Caedus explicitly became more powerful.

DarthAnt66
Prove it.
Jacen knew all those weird powers such as force fold, going back in time, etc etc. The only difference I see is Caedus's morals are much lower, and so he uses choke, lightning, etc.

Based
Originally posted by ares834
no expression

Originally posted by The_Tempest
laughing out loud

Nalaniel
Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi, not Yoda. ._.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Prove it.
Jacen knew all those weird powers such as force fold, going back in time, etc etc. The only difference I see is Caedus's morals are much lower, and so he uses choke, lightning, etc.

I am pretty sure he directly says he's grown. Does he not experience a growth after he kills Mara and gains a new Force Power from it?

DarthAnt66
It should be noted Mara, who first hand met with Palpatine numerous times, calls Jacen Solo just as dangerous as Palpatine.

Like I said, we are comparing pure abilities, not a versus match. Jacen is still capable of using force lightning, choke, etc, just his morals don't really allow him to do such as a Jedi. His power as Caedus is there, just hidden.

Nephthys
Doesn't she say he's as vile as Palpatine, not dangerous?

And why does Jacen match up in pure abilities to his Sith self? I don't believe he does.

DarthAnt66

Nephthys
People tend to become more powerful after turning to the Dark Side.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
dooku, for example.

A Terrible Rod
Do you really, though? I was sort of under the impression that falling to the Dark Side allowed you to more easily reach your potential, as well as removing inhibitions that would otherwise have prevented you from going all out (or using particular powers).

Admittedly, I don't know what I based that conclusion on.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by A Terrible Rod
Do you really, though? I was sort of under the impression that falling to the Dark Side allowed you to more easily reach your potential, as well as removing inhibitions that would otherwise have prevented you from going all out (or using particular powers).

Admittedly, I don't know what I based that conclusion on.

Which is exactly why Caedus is more deadly as a sith than as a jedi.

A Terrible Rod
Sure. More deadly. I don't think anyone was arguing against that. Just not necessarily more powerful, as defined by raw power. (Mind you, I don't know for sure if he was already at his peak in that regard before falling.)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Caedus raw power probably doesn't increase, but you'd have to factor in the wider breadth of force abilities, dark rage, ruthless mentality, etc. There's a reason that there are more powerful sith than there are powerful jedi.

A Terrible Rod
Well, assuming my hypothesis is correct, I'd imagine most Jedi might not even ever reach their full potential (either having no real reason to, or because they die young), whereas the Sith would be able to tap into their full power comparatively early on. And of course a wider range of powerful and more harmful abilities.

So, yeah, the Dark Side is more powerful from a certain point of view, but also not from a different one.

Beyond that, skill is still a factor. Both Jedi and Sith would become better able to use their powers as they use them more. Say, the difference between being able to pick out a particular grain of sand among millions (skill) vs. being able to cause a sandstorm (power). Or snap somone's spine vs. just pushing them away with the force of a mack truck. In that sense, someone will be more skillful as a Sith than as a Jedi simply by virtue of the fact that more time has passed.

Nephthys
Sith learn skills faster, as Yoda said the Dark Side is quicker and easier.

A Terrible Rod
Maybe. I'd interpret quicker and easier as what I said. You can use more of your power sooner; fairly quickly learn new, powerful abilities; and use these abilities and your old ones without inhibition. Maybe you naturally get better faster as well, or maybe you just feel more motivated to learn. Eh, my point was that your ultimate potential in terms of raw power is not enhanced by the Dark Side.

Based
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi, not Yoda. ._.

Luke Skywalker was never a top Jedi when Yoda was alive. Why are people so hung up all over this?

Nephthys
Because the source in this thread claims that Yoda is: "The greatest Jedi: Yoda, defender of the galaxy, master of the Force, and the greatest Jedi who have ever lived."

"Yoda's ability to use the Force is greater than that of any other Jedi."

Which isn't true.

DarthAnt66
It's also in a third person limited view, for which it doesn't know what will happen after Luke makes the New Jedi Order.

Lord Stark
Does Luke have any quotes stating he's the most powerful Jedi ever?

DarthAnt66
A couple iirc, they were on silver2467's Luke respect thread before it was deleted.

DarthAnt66

Lord Stark
^Thanks. I was just curious because he seems grossly inconsistent. It'd be nice to have somethings just outright saying he's the most powerful in history.

DarthAnt66
I hate to ignore canon, but the events in Jedi Academy 2 are really worthless. Like, Luke as of DE can outduel Palpatine, and then it's stated: "When we had met before I had felt power in him, but now, after his experiences with the Emperor Reborn, his power had been redoubled." Then he losses to Desaan? No way. If you exclude Desaan, he's honestly much more consistent of a character. Sure he has some bumps, but much better. Then...Korr, whos 14, beats one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever. The games a joke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.