Count Dooku vs Luke Skywalker(ROTJ)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nalaniel
Who would win?

NewGuy01
Going with the good count if only due to experience and Luke's lack of it.

PTforthewin
Count Dookie

King Joker
Dooku.

Q99
Dooku has a chance, but if Luke goes all-out like he did against Vader, he will batter down Dooku's defenses and beat him just like Anakin did.

DarthAnt66
The situation in which Luke beat Vader would never play out between Dooku and Luke. Luke was already emotionally unstable and Vader threatens to turn Leia, then Luke blows up.

NewGuy01
Still, though, he was already winning the duel against Vader.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Still, though, he was already winning the duel against Vader.
Nah I'd say they were pretty even until that point.

Intrepid37
Dooku, but it's close.

Nephthys
Lightning is a big help to Dooku here imo.

Also I seem to recall that Luke only learned how to resist a Force Choke after RotJ.

Intrepid37
no

NTJack0
Dooku kicks his ass.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nah I'd say they were pretty even until that point.

Maybe you should try reading the novel, then.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lightning is a big help to Dooku here imo.

Also I seem to recall that Luke only learned how to resist a Force Choke after RotJ.

thumb up

DARTH POWER
Is everyone joking?

Count Dooku takes out ROTJ Luke in a few seconds. If that.

A Terrible Rod
I must have not being paying attention, but I was under the impression that at some point the general consensus was that Vader wasn't trying his utmost to kill Luke during their fight on the Death Star.

PTforthewin
Considering the sloppy slow moves we see in the original trilogy dooku will beat luke within seconds

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by A Terrible Rod
I must have not being paying attention, but I was under the impression that at some point the general consensus was that Vader wasn't trying his utmost to kill Luke during their fight on the Death Star.

Yeah, actually except for the barely canon novelisation, this is exactly the case. Vader is throwing the fight.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is everyone joking?

Count Dooku takes out ROTJ Luke in a few seconds. If that.

ROTJ Luke is said to be ROTJ Vader's equal and Dooku could never take out Vader in a few seconds.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nalaniel
ROTJ Luke is said to be ROTJ Vader's equal

Where was that stated?

Lucas confirms in the ROTJ audio commentary that Luke was only half trained and not good enough to take on Vader yet.

Intrepid37
Where was that stated?

Lucas confirms in the ROTJ audio commentary that Luke was only half trained and not good enough to take on Vader yet.
Confirmed in the novel, comic adaption, an Insider issue, a Fact File, etc. Luke was Vader's equal in raw swordsmanship, like it or not.

Nephthys
Lucas >>>>>>>> all of those though.

Intrepid37
Lucas >>>>>>>> all of those though.
Waiting for the quote.

Nalaniel
The fight this time was far more balanced. Vader discovered that Luke was his match, and, once again, the Sith Lord found his thoughts straying to an alliance between them against the Emperor.
Luke had indeed grown powerful since Bespin, and he was an equal match for his father.

- Taken from The Official Star Wars Fact File #111

But you're right, what Lucas says is the highest level of canon.

Darth Martin
Tyranus destroys Luke.

We're talking about someone who fights Grievous, Ventress, Opress, Anakin, and Kenobi and beats all of them(with the exception of Anakin taking considerable effort) casually.

Not to mention he survives encounters with Yoda and Windu.

ROTJ Luke is strong, sure, but Vader was clearly conflicted and holding back. Dooku won't be at all. Supreme swordsmanship skills and top 5 Force mastery for his era, experience second to only Yoda, and knowledge of both Jedi and Sith teachings ensure a swift victory. This is a joke.

Don't try the "Djem So" over powering argument because Tyranus had countless duels with Anakin, whom was clearly better than Luke up until that point in everything.

Galan007
Dooku stomps. This is borderline spite, imo.

DARTH POWER
It's not borderline. It is outright spite.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Waiting for the quote.

I've given my ROTJ to someone, but check it yourself. It's in the audio commentary on the scene where Luke visits Yoda. Lucas says something to the effect off, "He's only half trained and not fully equipped to take on Vader."

And I know this isn't TCW, but Dave Filoni is of the opinion that any Jedi Council member would hand ROTJ Luke his ass. Consider that Filoni has had daily discussions with Lucas on SW for the last 6 years.

Intrepid37
Still waiting for the quote that says Luke wasn't good enough to fight Vader.

DARTH POWER
^ Check my edit. You can check it and write the exact quote yourself.

Intrepid37
I don't have the thing.

DARTH POWER
Well hopefully someone with the DVD will quote it for us.

Stealth Moose

I've given my ROTJ to someone, but check it yourself. It's in the audio commentary on the scene where Luke visits Yoda. Lucas says something to the effect off, "He's only half trained and not fully equipped to take on Vader."

And I know this isn't TCW, but Dave Filoni is of the opinion that any Jedi Council member would hand ROTJ Luke his ass. Consider that Filoni has had daily discussions with Lucas on SW for the last 6 years.

Coleman Trebor = Jedi Council Master.

Jango Fett can now kill RotJ Luke Skywalker.

/thread.

Galan007
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Jango Fett can now kill RotJ Luke Skywalker. He did pretty well against AotC Kenobi. srug

herbhappy

Stealth Moose
Jango Fett should have lived. He's infinitely more interesting and badass than Boba or Anakin.

Nephthys
Why?

Stealth Moose
He was polite, amiable, resourceful, something of a protective parent, and a shade greyer than anyone else in the PT.

Galan007
You ever read Jango Fett: Open Seasons?

If not, you should. thumb up

Stealth Moose
I haven't. Might pick it up then.

Eminence
A badass to the end, though. Wish we could say the same for General Grievous.

Stealth Moose
Really, this is all he ever was:

http://www.itsalltrue.net/reviews/advimages/2010/grie8.jpg

Lord Stark

Wait does Filoni really say any Jedi Council member would hand Luke his ass?

http://cdn.specktra.net/f/fe/fef19ec0_ir11aTpJYy8gp.gif

Galan007
Really, this is all he ever was:

http://www.itsalltrue.net/reviews/advimages/2010/grie8.jpg Did you ever hear the tragedy of General Grievous, the incompetent?

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Wait does Filoni really say any Jedi Council member would hand Luke his ass? If so, I can only *hope* he was referring to the RotS-era council.

Nephthys
Coleman Trebor > Vader. You heard it from Filoni. T canon.

DARTH POWER
Wait does Filoni really say any Jedi Council member would hand Luke his ass?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/21/star-wars-the-clone-wars-looking-back-at-season-4?page=1

Bottom of page 1:

Because when I was a kid, the Jedi were a much bigger mystery than they are now. We never really saw one except Obi-Wan, and he was old. And then we got to meet Yoda, but he was old. And Luke, let's face it, he was never really the best. I have a notion that anyone on the Council could really kick his butt. He had a lot of heart though, right? He had a lot going for him. And almost it was what he didn't know that made him really dangerous to the Emperor, it's just love for his father -- but he wasn't going to take you out with his lightsaber skills, that was for sure.

Stealth Moose
Coleman Trebor > Vader. You heard it from Filoni. T canon. Originally posted by DARTH POWER
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/21/star-wars-the-clone-wars-looking-back-at-season-4?page=1

Bottom of page 1:

Because when I was a kid, the Jedi were a much bigger mystery than they are now. We never really saw one except Obi-Wan, and he was old. And then we got to meet Yoda, but he was old. And Luke, let's face it, he was never really the best. I have a notion that anyone on the Council could really kick his butt. He had a lot of heart though, right? He had a lot going for him. And almost it was what he didn't know that made him really dangerous to the Emperor, it's just love for his father -- but he wasn't going to take you out with his lightsaber skills, that was for sure.

It's canon. We approve.

Intrepid37
Filoni isn't a canon source.

Lord Stark

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/4014-wait-what.jpg

Nephthys
^ Accurate. thumb up

DARTH POWER

Lucas states in the ROTJ audio commentary (scene where Luke visits Yoda) that Luke doesn't have the skill set to match Vader because he never completed his training.

Could someone with the DVD please watch the scene and quote the exact wording. I've given the Original trilogy to my niece, so don't have access to it.

Stealth Moose
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/4014-wait-what.jpg

O face.

Intrepid37
Lucas states in the ROTJ audio commentary (scene where Luke visits Yoda) that Luke doesn't have the skill set to match Vader because he never completed his training.

Could someone with the DVD please watch the scene and quote the exact wording. I've given the Original trilogy to my niece, so don't have access to it.
I'm going with what I know until further proof has been provided.

DARTH POWER
I'm going with what I know until further proof has been provided.

At least check the source I've given before you write it off. You'll have to anyway even when I give you the quote since you don't seem to trust what I'm saying.

Stealth Moose
He's a troll.

Intrepid37
At least check the source I've given before you write it off. You'll have to anyway even when I give you the quote since you don't seem to trust what I'm saying.
If it's valid, then I'll change my mind. But it's pretty weird that four sources would explicitly contradict it.

Galan007
He's a troll. GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nalaniel
Sorry for the spite thread! sad

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Galan007
GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \

YES WAI

Sorry for the spite thread! sad

No worries.

It's more FUEL FOR THE FIYAH.

Intrepid37
I'm on of the better posters here, lol @ troll.

Nalaniel
No worries.

It's more FUEL FOR THE FIYAH.

What exactly do you mean? Wait, do I want to know that? embarrasment

I'm on of the better posters here, lol @ troll.

Awww! You're so cute! big grin

Stealth Moose
What exactly do you mean? Wait, do I want to know that? embarrasment

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff221/chimericalphotoz/flamewar.gif

Nalaniel
I really had to laugh... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.