Despero VS WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautMania
who wins no bfr.

Insane Titan
Which Despero?

If it's V&V he stomps hard

carver9
Despero doesn't have a single advantage in this fight...not one. Hulk stomps.

DTM
If this is VnV Despero, he Murders WWHulk. The combat feats he showed in VnV are levels about what WWHulk displayed. Heck, Id pick Superman alone to beat WWH, and Despero was fighting him, Capt Marvel, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, and a few others, togehter. Not to mention Despero was using mental bolts while fighting physically. WWHulk puts up a so so fight, but definately loses in the end.

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
If this is VnV Despero, he Murders WWHulk. The combat feats he showed in VnV are levels about what WWHulk displayed. Heck, Id pick Superman alone to beat WWH, and Despero was fighting him, Capt Marvel, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, and a few others, togehter. Not to mention Despero was using mental bolts while fighting physically. WWHulk puts up a so so fight, but definately loses in the end.

We've discussed this before and it ended with this being "your opinion".

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9

It is opinion Carver, all of these threads are mostly based on opinion. In my opinion the Hero's that Despero stepped all over were fighting like they had no idea, of what they could do, and stood there as Despero worked them. I really don't believe Despero wins this unless someone can prove that he would be able to beat a universal concept. Hope was a creature that weighed in at 133.45 Herc's. 1 Herc is the full amount of force that Hercules can put out in one blow. The Hulk's internal organs were able to withstand 133.45x Hercs. That was his internal organs resisting that type of power.

It is my opinion that WW Hulk would beat the shit out of Despero within the 5 seconds it takes to catch up to his strength level, and surpass it.

Golgo13
Despero.

LordofBrooklyn
I've humbled Carver on this very debate using V&V Despero.

I am prepared to do so again!

Stoic
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I've humbled Carver on this very debate using V&V Despero.

I am prepared to do so again!

How did you humble Carver?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Stoic
It is my opinion that WW Hulk would beat the shit out of Despero within the 5 seconds it takes to catch up to his strength level, and surpass it.

DAMN LIES!

NO ONE BEATS DESPERO!

Stoic
DAMN LIES!

NO ONE BEATS DESPERO!

Despero may have well been fighting crash test dummies during V and V.The Hero's fought his fists with their faces. Superman alone can beat the hell out of Despero.

LordofBrooklyn
Despero may have well been fighting crash test dummies during V and V.The Hero's fought his fists with their faces. Superman alone can beat the hell out of Despero.

Superman alone can beat the hell out of World War Hulk.

We all know this to be true.

Despero is just another combatant who can replicate the feat.

In your heart you know I'm right. cool

Stoic

He doesn't have the power to beat WW Hulk. I'm not going to turn this into a Superman vs Hulk thread, because it will only be closed. WW Hulk wins this. Despero fought paper Hero's. None of them fought in character, and the showing was only meant to push Depero's failing stock. They all fought like they had no idea of how to use their powers.

Insane Titan
Lol at the irony of people claiming guys fought V&V Despero like idiot.

sentry let Hulk have 7 free punches, Hercules let Hulk beat on him to show he was his pal and Zomstrange had Hulk beat and at his mercy but stopped due to the innocent victims that was going to be harmed by the collateral damage.

All these are facts

Stoic
Why didn't the Hero's fly into Despero's fists with their faces? Oh wait, they did. WW Hulk was holding back the entire time during all of his fights, which includes his fight with Sentry, Zom/Strange, and the X-Men. They gave a direct comparison of the power differences between Hercules and the WW Hulk when they measured them in Hercs. The Hulk's internal organs alone were capable of taking a hit from 133.45 combined Herc's. 1 Herc is the amount of force that Hercules can output in one punch that he is not holding back, and going for broke. That was his internal organs.

The Hulk is so strong, that he resisted half of the Inbetweener's power, and it was taxing the Inbetweener. All facts.

8swords
can anyone tell me how/what strategy does despero have to beat WWH?

edit: can hulk go World breaker?

Stoic
Originally posted by 8swords

As per forum rules no, WW Hulk can not go world breaker, but then again it didn't appear to me like Despero was operating on that level either. I would also like some clarity on which Despero is being used. I was under the impression that V and V Despero was being used here as the topic seems to be leading in that direction. This topic has also been done before. I really don't think Despero has the goods to put WW Hulk down, even if he isn't allowed to go world breaker. But the Hulk is being held back by giving him the WW Hulk title, due to the fact that he was holding back the entire time, which was stated on panel. Let him loose, and he would peel Despero's scalp back.

carver9
This is a slaughter.

Tony Stark

no expression

Golgo13
Originally posted by Insane Titan

sentry let Hulk have 7 free punches, Hercules let Hulk beat on him to show he was his pal and Zomstrange had Hulk beat and at his mercy but stopped due to the innocent victims that was going to be harmed by the collateral damage.

All these are facts

yes

LordofBrooklyn

Despero has superior speed, skill, versatility and default strength.

The Psionic attacks can't be diminished as well.

carver9
What's Despero speed fts during VV? He isn't stronger than WWH. Versatility I can agree with.

Golgo13

Yeah, the third eye can be the trump card, too.

psycho gundam

All these are facts neither of those instances were displays of weakness in hulk (rather displays of strength in his oppenents), who mind you wasn't giving it his all

LordofBrooklyn
He isn't stronger than WWH.

When did World War Hulk perform a feat comprable to this one?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2390406-2.png

V&V Despero is clearly stronger than WWH at default.

psycho gundam
that's the only thing that makes this thread somewhat relevant

carver9
isOriginally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Grabbing Superman and Cap by the head? You don't think WWH can do that? A guy that punched two beings that is a thousand times stronger than Savage Hulk out of orbit? Yeah right. WWH is the god of strength and he would mud stomp Despero and if you believe Despero could grab someone as strong as WWH by the head as easily as he did Superman and the crew, then something is wrong with you.

abhilegend

Punches. Thor didn't have any problem with that against Nul.

srsly

iceman24567
Despero

carver9
Nul is a mind controlled Hulk. That isn't WWH. They are separate entities. Just like Eclipso Superman and the Mind controlled Superman that went against Wonder Woman. So stop using them as one of the same because they are not.

-Pr-
So people ignoring the rules about Hulk again... Great. So, should we just ban Hulk threads altogether now?

psycho gundam
what rules?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
So people ignoring the rules about Hulk again... Great. So, should we just ban Hulk threads altogether now?

Yes. Ban his threads.

JuggernautMania
Why should this or any other hulk thread be baned , just because carver the hulk troll cant handle a hulk thread without wanking? its easier to prevent him from posting in hulk threads. it makes no sense to cancel a character because of onr troll.

Stoic
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
Why should this or any other hulk thread be baned , just because carver the hulk troll cant handle a hulk thread without wanking? its easier to prevent him from posting in hulk threads. it makes no sense to cancel a character because of onr troll.

It funny how you come out of your little rabbit hole pointing your evil little finger at Carver, while knowingly exploiting the rules that -Pr- and Bada placed on WW Hulk. You know that if you used WW Hulk, and not WB Hulk that your boy would not have a prayer in hell. You use WW Hulk because he is a version of the Hulk that is handicapped and can never surpass the levels that he operated under during the WW Hulk storyline. Pretty slick, but I see what you're doing. Shame on you. And you have the nerve to call Carver a troll, when you're underhandedly doing the same thing that you're accusing him of.

Honestly now, who in the world are you trying to play for a dummy? Oh yeah that would be all of us. If not, why didn't you use WB Hulk, who happens to be WW Hulk unleashed? It said on panel that he held back the entire time.

If you're going to outright ban the Hulk character you should think long and hard about it. I warned you before you and Bada placed restrictions on the character, that things would go this way, but you couldn't understand or see what I was saying back then. Perhaps you should ban WW Hulk threads, and make it either WB Hulk, or Hulk threads. WW Hulk and WB Hulk are the same character as I told you long ago based on what was written on panel. There are people that will continue to exploit the rule that you guys put in place like a hacker finding a back door in. If you separate the Hulk from WB Hulk, then you probably will remove the possibility of people exploiting the rule that you placed in effect.

DTM

Er, yeah, so, isnt everyones post here their own opinions as well?

Besides, considering how clearly a Hulk Uber Fan you are, I think Ill take all Pro-Hulk arguments from you with a grain of salt.......a very tiny grain at that.

DTM

Hit him with punches that are greater than Supermans (noticeably so), while blasting him with mental bolts, all at the same time. Sounds like a sound strategy to me. smile

Put WWHulk in the same battle in VnV as Despero, and the heroes take him down quite handily (aka very handily).

JuggernautMania
It funny how you come out of your little rabbit hole pointing your evil little finger at Carver, while knowingly exploiting the rules that -Pr- and Bada placed on WW Hulk. You know that if you used WW Hulk, and not WB Hulk that your boy would not have a prayer in hell. You use WW Hulk because he is a version of the Hulk that is handicapped and can never surpass the levels that he operated under during the WW Hulk storyline. Pretty slick, but I see what you're doing. Shame on you. And you have the nerve to call Carver a troll, when you're underhandedly doing the same thing that you're accusing him of.

Honestly now, who in the world are you trying to play for a dummy? Oh yeah that would be all of us. If not, why didn't you use WB Hulk, who happens to make it either t. wow so much drama coming from you over carver like he is you lover. First of all it doesnt matter what you think of me and my actions as a member , because non of that change the fact carver and you are trolling with insane wankage all hulk threads.you two are doing nothing aside of repeating that hulk wins because he is too strong which is based on nothing aside of your own wankage.
therefor i believe its extremely wrong to ban a whole character because of two trolls. The rest of the forum can discuss the character perfectly.

As for why i use Wwh and not breaker? Because those are two different characters genius.there is Wwh and then there is his upgrade WBH. Saying WWH is same asWBH is same as saying goku is same as super seyan goku. All your claims are rubish fanboy talk and nothing more. Now please either discuss the subject or dont but stop trolling

DTM
For what its worth, Id give WBH the win over Despero, but definately not WWHulk, who to be was in the same power level as Superman (which Despero is clearly higher than).

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by DTM
For what its worth, Id give WBH the win over Despero, but definately not WWHulk, who to be was in the same power level as Superman (which Despero is clearly higher than). thats ok. You dont have to excuse yourself to the hulk gang over here. They are going ape shit because they dont like the fact everybody believe he loses.

Insane Titan
Why didn't the Hero's fly into Despero's fists with their faces? Oh wait, they did. WW Hulk was holding back the entire time during all of his fights, which includes his fight with Sentry, Zom/Strange, and the X-Men. They gave a direct comparison of the power differences between Hercules and the WW Hulk when they measured them in Hercs. The Hulk's internal organs alone were capable of taking a hit from 133.45 combined Herc's. 1 Herc is the amount of force that Hercules can output in one punch that he is not holding back, and going for broke. That was his internal organs.

The Hulk is so strong, that he resisted half of the Inbetweener's power, and it was taxing the Inbetweener. All facts. lmao you really believe the stupid numbers equated to appease Hulk fans ?

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what rules?

About terminology.

Shut up. This isn't just about one person.

Honestly now, who in the world are you trying to play for a dummy? Oh yeah that would be all of us. If not, why didn't you use WB Hulk, who happens to be WW Hulk unleashed? It said on panel that he held back the entire time.

If you're going to outright ban the Hulk character you should think long and hard about it. I warned you before you and Bada placed restrictions on the character, that things would go this way, but you couldn't understand or see what I was saying back then. Perhaps you should ban WW Hulk threads, and make it either WB Hulk, or Hulk threads. WW Hulk and WB Hulk are the same character as I told you long ago based on what was written on panel. There are people that will continue to exploit the rule that you guys put in place like a hacker finding a back door in. If you separate the Hulk from WB Hulk, then you probably will remove the possibility of people exploiting the rule that you placed in effect.

This is going to make me sound like a dick, but: No. We knew full well what we were doing, and you're making assumptions that aren't actually true.

You're also forgetting that we DID in fact separate them, but some people just seem to be forgetting the fact.

I don't want to ban any characters, but it is an option that we've used before, and would have no problem using again.

Like I said, that might have made me sound like a dick. It's not intentional; I just feel like you really missed the point.

==

So, for those aren't in the know: The title says WWH. The OP didn't state anything about Hulk going World-Breaker, so for the purposes of this thread, at or around WWH levels (the arc) are a soft "high ground" Hulk inhabits.

Otherwise this becomes another pointless "he vaporised dimensions" cluster****.

guy222
WWH

JuggernautMania

Shut up. This isn't just about one person.

why the **** are you telling me to shut up? i am stating the fact carver is being a prick in hulk threads and therefor its not fair to ban them because of his wankage. why are you disrespecting me for that?

Tony Stark
wow so much drama coming from you over carver like he is you lover. First of all it doesnt matter what you think of me and my actions as a member , because non of that change the fact carver and you are trolling with insane wankage all hulk threads.you two are doing nothing aside of repeating that hulk wins because he is too strong which is based on nothing aside of your own wankage.
therefor i believe its extremely wrong to ban a whole character because of two trolls. The rest of the forum can discuss the character perfectly.

As for why i use Wwh and not breaker? Because those are two different characters genius.there is Wwh and then there is his upgrade WBH. Saying WWH is same asWBH is same as saying goku is same as super seyan goku. All your claims are rubish fanboy talk and nothing more. Now please either discuss the subject or dont but stop trolling

What upgrade did WBHULK receive over WWHULK?

Increased anger? With the HULK...? Now that's a rich one. evil face

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Tony Stark
What upgrade did WBHULK receive over WWHULK?

Increased anger...? Now that's a rich one. evil face

became more powerful because of the increased anger? the difference between all his version is anger so whats your point?

Tony Stark
became more powerful because of the increased anger? the difference between all his version is anger so whats your point?

Yeah, that never happens with The HULK

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Yeah, that never happens with The HULK

i am begining to think you arent the sharpest pencil in the deck.

8swords

please provide/prove each of those statements.

can any mod help me on this one, as far as i know all characters are current unless said so in the OP, soo DCNU despero vs "WW" hulk, is this feat still considered?

JuggernautMania
This is V&V Despero. please continue smile

8swords

hmmm, me thinks somethin's fishy

carver9

thumb up it's obvious.

JuggernautMania

whats the problem? i am the OP and i say its V&V Despero.

Badabing
Don't worry guys, it's NOT V&V Despero.Originally posted by JuggernautMania
whats the problem? i am the OP and i say its V&V Despero. I'm the mod and I say it's not.

Carry on everybody. thumb up

Rao Kal El

My fingers are "fishy" cool

carver9
thumb up

With that said...This makes the fight much better. What is Despero best TP ft? He could probably mind blast Hulk depending on the power output. Does anyone have scans?

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Badabing
Don't worry guys, it's NOT V&V Despero. I'm the mod and I say it's not.

Carry on everybody. thumb up

you cant interfere in someones thread and make your own rules. you can close this thread? sure. you can ban me? sure. but you cant interfere in the thread and make your own rules. with that being said THIS IS V&V Despero now please let us discuss the subject or close the thread its your call as a mod.

Kazenji
^

Shouldn't that have been stated in the OP and what we're up to page 3 now.

JuggernautMania
thumb up

With that said...This makes the fight much better. What is Despero best TP ft? He could probably mind blast Hulk depending on the power output. Does anyone have scans?

why does it make a much better fight? because Dcnu Despero doesnt have any real feats? so its a better fight when you put a character with feats vs a character with no feats? whats the matter carver cant defend your WWH vs a powerhouse that actually has feats?

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Kazenji
^

The OP can add things and Edit things, its not my fault i cant edit the original post.
its also more logical to debate V&V Despero because thats the real power house. do you honestly believe i meant to open a thread about the Dcnu despero who has no feats?

Kazenji
The OP can add things and Edit things, its not my fault i cant edit the original post.

Actually you can edit the post....all you have to do is ask a mod.

Badabing
you cant interfere in someones thread and make your own rules. you can close this thread? sure. you can ban me? sure. but you cant interfere in the thread and make your own rules. with that being said THIS IS V&V Despero now please let us discuss the subject or close the thread its your call as a mod. Funny, I can and just did. So now you can stop trolling your own thread, or just leave. thumb up

-Pr-
why the **** are you telling me to shut up? i am stating the fact carver is being a prick in hulk threads and therefor its not fair to ban them because of his wankage. why are you disrespecting me for that?

Because you're being an ass, bashing people, and actually trying to argue with mods.

We do have RULES on this board, you know.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Kazenji
^

I agree with this.

abhilegend
Even without V&V, Despero took on JLI, JLU, Lobo, Congolomerate, Supergirl and beat their ass down for four issues straight.

JuggernautMania
Funny, I can and just did. So now you can stop trolling your own thread, or just leave. thumb up

oh come on man thats just lame seriously. i open a thread , make rules, and then you come in and change the rules? really? whats the point then?

you honestly believe its a good fight to put Dcnu Despero who doesnt have feats vs a character that has plenty? and all that just to show me that you are the mod and you call the shots? lets leave the Ego aside and do whats best for the discussion. V&V Despero is a good match for WWH and thats the despero i really intended to put in the first place because its the only thing that makes sense.

Badabing
oh come on man thats just lame seriously. i open a thread , make rules, and then you come in and change the rules? really? whats the point then?

you honestly believe its a good fight to put Dcnu Despero who doesnt have feats vs a character that has plenty? and all that just to show me that you are the mod and you call the shots? lets leave the Ego aside and do whats best for the discussion. V&V Despero is a good match for WWH and thats the despero i really intended to put in the first place because its the only thing that makes sense. You made a thread, got upset when people said WWH would win, and then changed the rules in Despero's favor. I'm just keeping the original thread stips to avoid unnecessary confusion. And the post below doesn't strike me as sincere:
So you can debate the actual topic, or keep trolling and arguing with mods. One way ends badly for you. But thanks for playing. thumb up

JuggernautMania
i see that my intentions are not very clear. however do you really believe i intended to put despero from Dcnu who doesnt have feats? listen i dont have vast comics knowledge to tell you the truth. i know despero as a character here and there and i remember seeing him handling the JLA and beating superman and others easily. so this is the despero i had in mind when i opened this thread. now i didnt know frankly there are that much versions of him, however seriously my intention was to put up the despero who handled superman like a feeb against WBH, and when i opened this thread i discovered its this V&V Version.

Badabing
i see that my intentions are not very clear. however do you really believe i intended to put despero from Dcnu who doesnt have feats? listen i dont have vast comics knowledge to tell you the truth. i know despero as a character here and there and i remember seeing him handling the JLA and beating superman and others easily. so this is the despero i had in mind when i opened this thread. now i didnt know frankly there are that much versions of him, however seriously my intention was to put up the despero who handled superman like a feeb against WBH. Last chance. I know who you are and can play this game. Heck, I can delete every thread and every post you've made. So keep digging or just:
Shut up. wink

JuggernautMania
i dont have a problem to let go of the subject, i am just making sure you and others understand my intentions, thats all.

carver9
WWH wins after a good fight. Not only does he starts off at high Herald plus strength, all of his stats increase as the battle progress. Can't see TP winning this since Hulk mind was invulnerable to such attacks.

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/cO1i7Xm.jpg

That's hulk's head.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/cO1i7Xm.jpg

That's hulk's head.

laughing out loud

How old is that scan?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

How old is that scan?
Its canon for Despero and J'onn. That's all that matters.

carver9
Its canon for Despero and J'onn. That's all that matters.

My grandma wasn't born when that comic came out. That's hilarious. Do you have any 1990-2000 yr scans?

iceman24567
carver stop being a child erm

Estacado
Despero easily.

-Pr-
My grandma wasn't born when that comic came out. That's hilarious. Do you have any 1990-2000 yr scans?

You need to stop. Now. If scans are canon, then they're canon.

carver9
I'm done. Was that Martian head that got blown off?

abhilegend
Your grandma wasn't born in 1990? Because that's when that scene happened.Originally posted by carver9
I'm done. Was that Martian head that got blown off?
Seriously?

abhilegend
Here is a better look at that scan since Carver can't see it properly.

http://imageshack.us/a/img263/1033/150252051xi.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img442/3623/215569871rr.jpg

Is that better?

carver9
Here is a better look at that scan since Carver can't see it properly.

http://imageshack.us/a/img263/1033/150252051xi.jpg

Is that better?

It still looks antique. No way you can adjust that to make it look better. I don't have any issues with the scan though. I don't think that attack would work on Hulk.

abhilegend
It still looks antique. No way you can adjust that to make it look better. I don't have any issues with the scan though. I don't think that attack would work on Hulk.
Because the scan quality is shitty. Its still canon.

Why wouldn't it work on Hulk? J'onn has scanned entire galaxy and didn't got his head exploded.

Insane Titan
Lol people have been for lesser trolling than what carver is doing

iceman24567
carver is a joke at this point....

carver9
Because the scan quality is shitty. Its still canon.

Why wouldn't it work on Hulk? J'onn has scanned entire galaxy and didn't got his head exploded.

I said I don't have a problem with the scan. It's canon.

Because Hulk was nigh unstoppable via TP and Hulk would be all over him before he even had the chance to use that attack.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot7_zps16e150cc.jpg.html?sort=9&o=115
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot8_zps64756ecb.jpg.html?sort=9&o=129

And yes...that's WWH.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
carver is a joke at this point....

Be quite.

JuggernautMania
Carver is just making fun of himself. he is trying to dismiss legit feats by saying they are old. then when he is presented with some abilities that can take WWH out of the game his response is just saying it wont work... because he said so. and then he post random scan of WWH beating a dragon (yes i know its fing ) , and the mods are saying i am trolling? WOW.

abhilegend
I said I don't have a problem with the scan. It's canon.

Because Hulk was nigh unstoppable via TP and Hulk would be all over him before he even had the chance to use that attack.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot7_zps16e150cc.jpg.html?sort=9&o=115
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot8_zps64756ecb.jpg.html?sort=9&o=129

And yes...that's WWH.
No, Hulk isn't unstoppable to TP. He never was and never will be.

Despero has tagged and eviscerated a blitzing Flash, you think he's going to have any trouble with puny hulk?

iceman24567
Be quite. Grow up

iceman24567
Carver is just making fun of himself. he is trying to dismiss legit feats by saying they are old. then when he is presented with some abilities that can take WWH out of the game his response is just saying it wont work... because he said so. and then he post random scan of WWH beating a dragon (yes i know its fing ) , and the mods are saying i am trolling? WOW. The mods are correct you do troll constantly you are lucky to still be here

Insane Titan
Careful what you say Ice someone will report you for the same thing their guilty of but only you will get banned

Badabing
Careful what you say Ice someone will report you for the same thing their guilty of but only you will get banned Something on your mind? No? Good.

Everybody back to the topic.

Insane Titan
Something on your mind? No? Good.

Everybody back to the topic. yeah got plenty on my mind Despero wins

Badabing
yeah got plenty on my mind Despero wins You got something to say, take it to a PM. Otherwise let it go.

Insane Titan
You got something to say, take it to a PM. Otherwise let it go. sadly no point anymore on here, fair enough

carver9
No, Hulk isn't unstoppable to TP. He never was and never will be.

Despero has tagged and eviscerated a blitzing Flash, you think he's going to have any trouble with puny hulk?

He is nigh unstoppable to it. People like Xavier and Emma together has failed. The backlash of Xavier TP when he was trying to use it against WWH stunned the entire X men roster and some of them have resistant fts.

I never said he couldn't react to a blitz...what I said is, Hulk would be all over him as soon as the bell starts. It's just that simple.

-Pr-
Hard to be "all over" someone when there's a starting distance and the other person has decent reflexes. But that in itself depends on my next question: So what version of Despero is it? I know it isn't V&V, but there are a bunch of other ones.

abhilegend
He is nigh unstoppable to it. People like Xavier and Emma together has failed. The backlash of Xavier TP when he was trying to use it against WWH stunned the entire X men roster and some of them have resistant fts.

I never said he couldn't react to a blitz...what I said is, Hulk would be all over him as soon as the bell starts. It's just that simple.
So? Its nowhere near the level of blowing J'onn's head off. Literally.

And Despero would blow his head off. good luck.

Badabing
So what version of Despero is it? I know it isn't V&V, but there are a bunch of other ones. For Marvel fans it's the version WWH can destroy. For DC fans it's the version that can destroy WWH. thumb up

I thought we said that for DC characters people should use pre-reboot versions is there were few feats for the DCnU version.

carver9
So? Its nowhere near the level of blowing J'onn's head off. Literally.

And Despero would blow his head off. good luck.

If you truly believe that, then something is wrong with you. MM is no Hulk...Especially WWH.

-Pr-
For Marvel fans it's the version WWH can destroy. For DC fans it's the version that can destroy WWH. thumb up

I thought we said that for DC characters people should use pre-reboot versions is there were few feats for the DCnU version.

laughing out loud

That was what I assumed, but you can never tell with some people.

Badabing
If you truly believe that, then something is wrong with you. MM is no Hulk...Especially WWH. There's something wrong with both of you. The only way I can protect either of you from Pr's Irish wrath is if you pledge eternal loyalty to The Lizodfather and use raptor sigs! sneerOriginally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

That was what I assumed, but you can never tell with some people. True. Let's just ban them! badawe

-Pr-
There's something wrong with both of you. The only way I can protect either of you from Pr's Irish wrath is if you pledge eternal loyalty to The Lizodfather and use raptor sigs! sneer True. Let's just ban them! badawe

Best idea you've had all day thumb up

Rao Kal El
Fixed

There's something wrong with both of you. The only way I can protect either of you from Pr's Irish wrath is if you pledge eternal loyalty to The Lizodfather and use raptor sigs! sneer True. Let's just ban him! http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar28664_4.gif

Sin I AM
What are Hulks best tp resistant feats outside of WWH?

psycho gundam
the arc or the false character distinction?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What are Hulks best tp resistant feats outside of WWH?

How many fts do you want to see because he has tons of them?

Insane Titan
What are Hulks best tp resistant feats outside of WWH? he got easily mind raped by Thanos.

Sin I AM
The latter. Ive had a discussion with a friend not too long ago about the nature of Hulks powers after a weekend of loitering in my local comic book store and we came up with some pretty cool conclusions

Seeing astral forms. Now this one was tricky. We couldn't understand how that meshed with his power dynamic. Until we paroused the library and learned that Hulk was initially very child-like and children in literature have always displayed the ability to see ghost so we attributed this power to that.

Now his resistant to tp we discerned comes from multiple sources. He's similar to wolverine with all his traumatic history, plus his hf weighs in too preventing mental intrusion, then adding in multiple personalities (ten plus last time I checked), and constant rage issues make him great at resisting tps.

carver9
The latter. Ive had a discussion with a friend not too long ago about the nature of Hulks powers after a weekend of loitering in my local comic book store and we came up with some pretty cool conclusions

Seeing astral forms. Now this one was tricky. We couldn't understand how that meshed with his power dynamic. Until we paroused the library and learned that Hulk was initially very child-like and children in literature have always displayed the ability to see ghost so we attributed this power to that.

Now his resistant to tp we discerned comes from multiple sources. He's similar to wolverine with all his traumatic history, plus his hf weighs in too preventing mental intrusion, then adding in multiple personalities (ten plus last time I checked), and constant rage issues make him great at resisting tps.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental16259.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental10.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental13.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental19CometMan3.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental03.jpg.html

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental18MarvelTeam-Up104.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental07178.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental06Defenders12.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental02.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/GreyHulkMental05.jpg

Since Classic fts can be used, I will post them first.

Recently, a calm Hulk was controlled by Thanos to take out the Avengers. Onslaught also took control of Banner which made him have control over the Hulk. It depends on how pissed the Hulk is.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the arc or the false character distinction?

The distinction is the fault of the people on this board, so take it up with them instead of being snarky, thanks.

Sin I AM
IOriginally posted by carver9
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental16259.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental10.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental13.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental19CometMan3.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental03.jpg.html

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental18MarvelTeam-Up104.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental07178.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental06Defenders12.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkMental02.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/GreyHulkMental05.jpg

Since Classic fts can be used, I will post them first.

Recently, a calm Hulk was controlled by Thanos to take out the Avengers. Onslaught also took control of Banner which made him have control over the Hulk. It depends on how pissed the Hulk is.

Im aware of those. My only concern with the arc was that Xavier wasn't able to calm him given his proficiency. But I dug deeper and remembered he always had an issue with dealing with m/personalities as displayed with his inability to contain his son Legion.

Sin I AM
I think a great viable tactic a telepath should use against hulk is to shut down his motor skills or simply blind him. He doesn't have the feats to counter such an attack

carver9
I

Im aware of those. My only concern with the arc was that Xavier wasn't able to calm him given his proficiency. But I dug deeper and remembered he always had an issue with dealing with m/personalities as displayed with his inability to contain his son Legion.

Are you talking about this showing?

Couldn't find this anywhere but WWH tanks Charles mind attack. It was so powerful that the chain reaction from it temporarily knocked out the entire Xmen roster and Emma was one of the victims.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Mobile%20Uploads/snapshot21_zpsa7258147.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Mobile%20Uploads/snapshot22_zps660c2bec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

And this scans states that he fought off charles mental attack.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...stanceproof.jpg

Where did you get that from about Charles? And thats not the only TP attack WWH was hit with and shrugged off.

Resist another mind reading.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...resistance3.jpg

Trama fear powers doesn't even work on Hulk.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...ulkvstrauma.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...lkvstrauma1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...lkvstrauma2.jpg

Both Emma and Xavier tried to no avail.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/WWH_Xmen_3_DCP_0006.jpg.html

Reed even tried to use Sentry tech to calm Hulk and it didn't work.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/Reedtech.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/Reedtech1.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/Reedtech2.jpg.html

A prepped Doc strange tried the same thing against a calm WWh but failed.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/HulkresistsDrstrange.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/HulkresistsDrstrange1.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/HulkresistsDrstrange3.jpg.html

There are more where a group tried to mind attack him but failed. So Charles being ineffective against WWH had nothing to do with anything you've mentioned.

carver9
I think a great viable tactic a telepath should use against hulk is to shut down his motor skills or simply blind him. He doesn't have the feats to counter such an attack

Wont work. They tried everything and it failed.

-Pr-
So, Carver: In your opinion, what mental attack WOULD work on Hulk?

Sin I AM
Are you talking about this showing?

And this scans states that he fought off charles mental attack.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...stanceproof.jpg

Where did you get that from about Charles? And thats not the only TP attack WWH was hit with and shrugged off.

Resist another mind reading.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...resistance3.jpg

Trama fear powers doesn't even work on Hulk.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...ulkvstrauma.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...lkvstrauma1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...lkvstrauma2.jpg

Both Emma and Xavier tried to no avail.

Reed even tried to use Sentry tech to calm Hulk and it didn't work.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/Reedtech.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/Reedtech1.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/Reedtech2.jpg.html

A prepped Doc strange tried the same thing against a calm WWh but failed.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/HulkresistsDrstrange.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/HulkresistsDrstrange1.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media/HulkresistsDrstrange3.jpg.html

There are more where a group tried to mind attack him but failed. So Charles being ineffective against WWH had nothing to do with anything you've mentioned.

What are you getting defensive about I agreed with u

carver9
What are you getting defensive about I agreed with u

Not defensive, just debating.

carver9
So, Carver: In your opinion, what mental attack WOULD work on Hulk?

I dont know. Just like Strange said, the only way to mind attack this Hulk would be by finding an opening and Strange opening was WWH fighting an entire army with adamantium bullets along with the showing I just presented.

Sin I AM
Wont work. They tried everything and it failed.

Y wouldn't it work? Im not talking about controlling him I stated shutting down his motor skills which to my knowledge he hasn't displayed resistance to. And he wasnt blinded iirc

carver9
Y wouldn't it work? Im not talking about controlling him I stated shutting down his motor skills which to my knowledge he hasn't displayed resistance to. And he wasnt blinded iirc

His healing factor would more than likely overcome that, along with is rage. Thats why it wasn't tried, because they know it wouldn't work. Has Despero done that before?

-Pr-
I dont know. Just like Strange said, the only way to mind attack this Hulk would be by finding an opening and Strange opening was WWH fighting an entire army with adamantium bullets along with the showing I just presented.

At least you were honest about that (I hope).

His healing factor would more than likely overcome that, along with is rage. Thats why it wasn't tried, because they know it wouldn't work. Has Despero done that before?

healing factor really wouldn't have anything to do with it.

carver9
At least you were honest about that (I hope).

healing factor really wouldn't have anything to do with it.

His rage would have a lot to do with it. He would overcome it just like he overcame everything else that came his way.

-Pr-
His rage would have a lot to do with it. He would overcome it just like he overcame everything else that came his way.

It's not damage that you heal, though. I'm sure you could say his rage could overcome it. Acting like it's a certainty though, is pushing it a tad.

Assuming Despero can even do it in the first place.

Question: If you were Despero, how would you beat Hulk?

carver9
It's not damage that you heal, though. I'm sure you could say his rage could overcome it. Acting like it's a certainty though, is pushing it a tad.

Assuming Despero can even do it in the first place.

Question: If you were Despero, how would you beat Hulk?

This is a trap question but I will answer it.

What choices do I have minus bfr? Its debatable if Im as strong as him. Its even debatable if my TP would work against him. I dont have many options TBH. Maybe a mind barrage blitz while punching Hulk in the face would work but it could also lead to me making him even more angrier than he was when the fight started.

-Pr-
This is a trap question but I will answer it.

What choices do I have minus bfr? Its debatable if Im as strong as him. Its even debatable if my TP would work against him. I dont have many options TBH. Maybe a mind barrage blitz while punching Hulk in the face would work but it could also lead to me making him even more angrier than he was when the fight started.

It's not a trap question; just an honest one. shrug

If that's what you really think, then all right.

carver9
How would you win?

Sin I AM
If I was despero id blind him, mental blast him then bfr him

-Pr-
How would you win?

Would depend on the version of Despero I was using.

In short, assuming it was even possible to win (I'm not sure it would be), I wouldn't use brute force telepathy. No sense in trying to overpower something that can't be overpowered. If I couldn't gain control of his mind, then I'd deflect his anger away from me. Mirages and such.

Given that the line between telepathy and telekinesis is awfully vague at times, I'd work on things like messing with his brain chemistry and trying to get him to revert to Banner.

That's just off the top of my head; I'd have to really think about it.

Badabing
This is a trap question but I will answer it. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/traptorbada.jpg

Tony Stark
i see that my intentions are not very clear. however do you really believe i intended to put despero from Dcnu who doesnt have feats? listen i dont have vast comics knowledge to tell you the truth. i know despero as a character here and there and i remember seeing him handling the JLA and beating superman and others easily. so this is the despero i had in mind when i opened this thread. now i didnt know frankly there are that much versions of him, however seriously my intention was to put up the despero who handled superman like a feeb against WBH, and when i opened this thread i discovered its this V&V Version.

i am begining to think you arent the sharpest pencil in the deck. wink

Badabing
i am begining to think you arent the sharpest pencil in the deck. Originally posted by Tony Stark
i am begining to think you arent the sharpest pencil in the deck. wink Sharpest...pencil...in...deck. mmm

I still don't get it. huh

abhilegend
If you truly believe that, then something is wrong with you. MM is no Hulk...Especially WWH.
His TP resistance is far above Hulk.

carver9
His TP resistance is far above Hulk.

I guess you seen something during WWH that I am unaware of. What's WWH limits when it comes to TP. Charles Xavier himself didn't even register to WWH and he had Emma alongside him. Two people that would give Martian fits solo based off fts...And Hulk casually dismissed them. You don't have anything helping you in your argument unless you can post a limitation towards Hulk resistant to TP attacks.

-Pr-
Eh, the version I was using was Crisis of Conscience Despero. His feat of overpowering J'onn and Arthur and actually controlling them is a far better feat of influence than Charles and Emma "giving it a go" in what was a badly written comic to begin with. So no, that doesn't really help the argument that he'd hold off Despero.

Is Hulk resistant to telepathy? Sure. He isn't immune, though.

abhilegend
I guess you seen something during WWH that I am unaware of. What's WWH limits when it comes to TP. Charles Xavier himself didn't even register to WWH and he had Emma alongside him. Two people that would give Martian fits solo based off fts...And Hulk casually dismissed them. You don't have anything helping you in your argument unless you can post a limitation towards Hulk resistant to TP attacks.
Nine martian telepaths who had their telepathy boosted a millionfold failed to break J'onn's TP shields. Despero ****ing blew his head off. Forgive me if I think 9 martian telepaths boosted million fold>>>>>>>>>>Emma and Xavier.

Heh, no limit fallacy FTW.

carver9
Eh, the version I was using was Crisis of Conscience Despero. His feat of overpowering J'onn and Arthur and actually controlling them is a far better feat of influence than Charles and Emma "giving it a go" in what was a badly written comic to begin with. So no, that doesn't really help the argument that he'd hold off Despero.

Is Hulk resistant to telepathy? Sure. He isn't immune, though.

I agree. Now we have to find a limitation because I don't think any of the people you've name can casually dismiss Charles and Emma, and I'm including Despero on that list as well.

abhilegend
I agree. Now we have to find a limitation because I don't think any of the people you've name can casually dismiss Charles and Emma, and I'm including Despero on that list as well.
Well, Despero would. He casually controlled J'onn, Arthur, Hal and Bruce at the same time.

Nothing needs to be done, Despero blows hulk's head off.

carver9
Nine martian telepaths who had their telepathy boosted a millionfold failed to break J'onn's TP shields. Despero ****ing blew his head off. Forgive me if I think 9 martian telepaths boosted million fold>>>>>>>>>>Emma and Xavier.

Heh, no limit fallacy FTW.

Lol...they are no name Martians though. WWH had a group/room full of telepaths trying to mind rape him and all of them combined didn't even register or slow him down.

abhilegend
Lol...they are no name Martians though. WWH had a group/room full of telepaths trying to mind rape him and all of them combined didn't even register or slow him down.
No name martians who were powerful enough to mentally enslave the whole galaxy? Silly me to think that was a good feat.

-Pr-

Limitation for who?

DarkSaint85

And yet, random no name SHIELD agents managed to penetrate his mind.

Charles wasn't attacking him TOGETHER with Emma, they went separately IIRC.

Emma has skill, not so much power (as she gleefully rubs Rachel's face in it).

DarkSaint85
Random no name SHIELD agents: (Iron Man 20):
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Iron_man_20_0015_zps8c0fe84f.jpg

I actually went through WWH vs X-men - where did Emma actually try and control his mind? She says 'If Xavier and I couldn't control his mind etc...', but she never ACTUALLY tried (or at least, I am missing scans).

Xavier wasn't 100% there to fight them, anyway, and him and Emma were actually arguing with each other. Good to see, though, that Emma was able to block Charles, and so were the Stepford Cuckoos. A sad far cry from his days of scanning entire empires:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_003_zps20285f20.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_008_zpsfe88d3d8.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
isOriginally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Grabbing Superman and Cap by the head? You don't think WWH can do that? A guy that punched two beings that is a thousand times stronger than Savage Hulk out of orbit? Yeah right. WWH is the god of strength and he would mud stomp Despero and if you believe Despero could grab someone as strong as WWH by the head as easily as he did Superman and the crew, then something is wrong with you.

When did WWH confront and defeat any of the comprable lineups Despero has faced?

Lobo can singlehandedly defeat WWH. If you throw in the Martian Manhunter into the equation it would be a romp.

LordofBrooklyn
please provide/prove each of those statements.

Despero- CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE.

Speed- Despero

Default Strength- Despero

Versatility- Psionic blasts and telepathy. Advantage Despero.

Tony Stark
Sharpest...pencil...in...deck. mmm

I still don't get it. huh

Me neither... cool

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And yet, random no name SHIELD agents managed to penetrate his mind.

Charles wasn't attacking him TOGETHER with Emma, they went separately IIRC.

Emma has skill, not so much power (as she gleefully rubs Rachel's face in it).

Where in that scan did it state they perpetrated his mind? It said, they BELIEVE he is telling the truth. I believed Teto Jackson was a better singer than Michael, that doesn't make it true.

You have a point with Emma and Charles together. I can't argue with that.

Lol...Emma is one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. Example...she was one of the only that was able to go into bobs mind when the Void attacked the planet.

DarkSaint85
Where in that scan did it state they perpetrated his mind? It said, they BELIEVE he is telling the truth. I believed Teto Jackson was a better singer than Michael, that doesn't make it true.

You have a point with Emma and Charles together. I can't argue with that.

Good point. Emma never tried to control Hulk - she only BELIEVED that she couldn't. Had she tried, she would've fried his brain. Like when she was one of the only that was able to go into bobs mind when the Void attacked the planet.

Marvel planet wink

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Good point. Emma never tried to control Hulk - she only BELIEVED that she couldn't. Had she tried, she would've fried his brain. Like when she was one of the only that was able to go into bobs mind when the Void attacked the planet.

Marvel planet wink

This doesn't sound like she tried?

"If Charles and I couldn't take over his mind"...

Sounds like a failed attempt to me. If she would have said "if Charles and I can't take over his mind", then your argument would hold true...but her statement seems like both her and Charles tried and failed. I have the comic..I'm just too lazy to look for it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>