Revan and Bastila VS hypori Grievous and Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Bastila doesn't have battle meditation in this.

Intrepid37
Bastila gets raped by Grievous here, then Revan is double creampied.

carthage
LOL

Revan gets wtfpwned and dies in seconds

Bastila gets destroyed as well

DarthAnt66
Revan can't beat Mace and Grievous. Team 2 wins.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan can't beat Mace and Grievous. Team 2 wins. aw? Your not cheering for your boyfriend revan?

DarthAnt66
I have Revan very close to Mace actually.

A Terrible Rod
Revan has some decent TK feats, right? Surely he'd be able to dispose of Grievous in some Force manner while Bastila tries not to get murdered horribly. If she can last long enough, which shouldn't need to be too long (she's not that terrible, is she?), it would pretty much end up a Revan vs. Windu, which is a fairly even match-up. Some would give it to Revan at that point, even (dunno about me, I have TOR-related biases).

DarthAnt66
He can downpour meteors after 300 years of torture:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3728501-1755254567-revan.gif

"Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in it's purest form."
―Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan

"And, if the situation was right he might be able to collapse a building; it would really depend on his state of mind and the circumstances."
―Drew Karpyshyn (Author)

"Revan reached out with the Force and ripped the vaulted stone archway in the ceiling above them free from its setting."

"Before they could join the fight, Revan thrust his hand, palm up, in the direction of the durasteel doors, blasting them wide open with the power of the Force."

"The instant before they detonated, Revan reached out with the Force and hurled the heavy stone lid of the sarcophagus toward the grenades."

And he can levitate:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3772390-0769677832-0OEXD.gif

Stealth Moose
Revan solos with Bastila riding on his shoulders, nekkid.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant why'd you use 2 of each quote?

Stealth Moose
Just in case someone skims.

DarthAnt66
Oops, I actually just went and copied it from my respect thread, it either copied twice or I wasn't paying attention and manually did it twice. My bad. It's fixed now.

A Terrible Rod
Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks.

Well, in any case, can someone explain to me how Grievous is not completely out of his depth?

Nephthys
He has more proven ability than Bastila.

Stealth Moose
He can dodge TK, for the same reasons why ewoks can walk into Mordor.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
He has more proven ability than Bastila.
thumb up

A Terrible Rod
Maybe as a duelist, but why on Earth is Bastila dueling him? Unless both parties are completely clueless as to him being unable to defend himself from the Force (or just completely clueless in general), surely someone of Revan's (supposed) intellect would have the sense to go after the weak link? And not, you know, split into two separate lightsaber duels for no good reason.

Bastila covers him, he does whatever Obi-Wan did and throws a Force push that Grievous can't dodge (...seriously?), or just tosses him into the stratosphere with TK. Bastila would meanwhile have hopefully survived a second or two against Windu and we're left with the two capable parties fighting.

Sorry, I just can't buy for a second Grievous being able to stand against any Force-user with even a little skill in the Force (in a straight fight, that is; his Hypori feats are the most believable). Why duel with him when you have this whole plethora of skills that he literally can't do anything about (short of move really really fast, which Force-users can do better anyway).

DarthAnt66
Grievous can tank missiles, I don't see how Bastila's TK can damage him.

Stealth Moose
Given that Revan's a mechanical god of sorts, he should be able to just dismantle Grievous' arms with a flick of his wrist.

Also, he hasn't actually dodged any TK, although it's been asserted many times. Any instances I've reviewed were something else entirely like a shift in posture or him using his magnetic soles to avoid toppling, neither of which is a dodge. Grievous is vastly out of his league.

DarthAnt66
But he's still not any better then Anakin Skywalker with droids, who couldn't do that to Grievous.

Nephthys
But he's still not any better then Anakin Skywalker with droids, who couldn't do that to Grievous.

Yeah, he is.

DarthAnt66
I ignored all Revan's mechanical stuff when playing through Knights of the Old Republic for I found it not interesting. So enlighten me so I can make a new part of my respect thread.

A Terrible Rod
Grievous can tank missiles, I don't see how Bastila's TK can damage him.
Doesn't have to. She needs to keep Mace off Revan's back long enough for Revan to dispose of Grievous. Which I don't think is too ridiculous.

Goes back to the like-with-like argument I made a little while back. The PT (and TCW) just doesn't showcase the Force on that level. Nothing for it, just consider those low showings and go by the greater stuff where available to compare to eras where the Force is depicted in this manner.

Also, PIS. Can't have our obviously not-thought-out enemies dying in seconds. That wouldn't be engaging, or something.

Nephthys
I ignored all Revan's mechanical stuff when playing through Knights of the Old Republic for I found it not interesting. So enlighten me so I can make a new part of my respect thread.

Well he built and designed like 50 different HK units. Who can and have challenged Jedi caliber beings (and straight up Jedi).

DarthAnt66
She is implied to have been outdueled by Malak in like 15 seconds tops.

Yes, I know about such. However, do you happen to have a quote? If not it's okay, because I'm playing through KotOR again as we speak to find every thing on Revan I yet still do not have in my respect thread.

Nephthys
Yes, I know about such. However, do you happen to have a quote? If not it's okay, because I'm playing through KotOR again as we speak to find every thing on Revan I yet still do not have in my respect thread.

I recall Kreia talking about Revans mechanical skills once or twice, but other than that no.

Stealth Moose

Malak could Force Stun Revan, Bastila and Carth with a gesture. He's obviously a bigger threat to Bastila alone than is Mace Windu, who cannot replicate such a feat. While he would undoubtedly smash through her defenses, he would not do it before Revan could focus on him.

In any case, Revan can whirlwind Grievous and take him right out of the fight, while Bastila's Battle Meditation will tip the scales in their favor.

A Terrible Rod
She doesn't have to win, just not die for a short period of time. I doubt it would take that long for Revan to destroy Grievous. You just posted some solid TK feats; that's not so hard to believe, is it?

DarthAnt66
So I guess it's going to go down to if Revan can TK Grievous faster then Mace can defeat Shan.

Stealth Moose
The answer is yes, he can.

Nephthys
Its not as if Bastila isn't pretty powerful with the Force too. She does stasis Juhani and Jolee (or any other companion) on the Star Forge and can perform Force Lightning, Force Wave etc IIRC.

I could see lightning being a problem for Grievous if she has it here.

DarthAnt66
Revan can also do lightning ^

Also, Bastila is indeed quite powerful: "Though there was immense power in the Shan bloodline, there is also a streak of unorthodoxy."

Stealth Moose
Canonically, I doubt she'd use it, but yeah, she's not a chump. She was almost Nomi.

DarthAnt66
*Vima.
(Vima was originally going to be Bastila, but they had some problem because Sunrider is a car so they had to make a new character, hence the Battle Meditation aspect)

Stealth Moose
You caught it before I did. Yes, Vima.

A Terrible Rod
Revan can also do lightning ^

Also, Bastila is indeed quite powerful.
Which only strengthens my argument, I think.

And I now have the answer to the question of what it takes to make me choose a pre-PT team over a PT-era one. Stupid lizard robot.

DarthAnt66
KotOR>PT Jedi. Stated canon. thumb up

Stealth Moose
*Vima.
(Vima was originally going to be Bastila, but they had some problem because Sunrider is a car so they had to make a new character, hence the Battle Meditation aspect)

The car looks stupid as well. What a waste.

A Terrible Rod
KotOR>PT Jedi. Stated canon. thumb up Ah, I don't want to argue about that. Though I am mildly curious as to where that was stated. I think there's something about the PT era being the golden age of the Jedi or something, but that's about it.

Stealth Moose
I hear they achieved some great advancements in culinary and medicine.

DarthAnt66
The quote takes in account such quote:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/yay10.png
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/yay210.png

DarthAnt66
http://

Stealth Moose
404, image hosting not found.

Image hosting is becoming more difficult via Google, even though bandwidth is not the problem it once was.

Lord Stark
Well he built and designed like 50 different HK units. Who can and have challenged Jedi caliber beings (and straight up Jedi).

Mace dismantled the SSBs during the battle of Dantooine and yet was able to do no such thing to Grievous.

Nephthys
Yeah, I didn't say Revan could actually do that, I just said he's a better mechanic than Anakin. He's not dismantling GG.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Mace dismantled the SSBs during the battle of Dantooine and yet was able to do no such thing to Grievous.

Is that because the plot demanded it or was there conclusive evidence that Grievous is better built than star ships which enter and leave orbit and soak turbolaser fire?

Suspension of disbelief indeed.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Is that because the plot demanded it or was there conclusive evidence that Grievous is better built than star ships which enter and leave orbit and soak turbolaser fire?

Suspension of disbelief indeed.

Grievous has tanked a turbolaser blast before excellent.

No but he does tank those LAAT missiles which rank in the kilotons.

Nephthys
How did those not destroy his heart which Kenobi just shot?

Stealth Moose
Writer stupidity, which I am supposed to accept as viable evidence in a neutral non-PIS setting.

Lord Stark
How did those not destroy his heart which Kenobi just shot?

How does Kenobi bend durasteel with his bare hands? wink

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Stark
How does Kenobi bend durasteel with his bare hands? wink

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dWIMGuOIG-I/TTHqc47_v2I/AAAAAAAALJU/mOHR0HCJ-oU/s1600/redherring.gif

Nephthys
Grievous' chest has exposed parts even before Kenobi opened the plating up. Turbolasers or missiles should still damage his heart.

Stealth Moose
Unless he can absorb splash damage with the magic of magnets that only Obi-Wan Kenobi's insane Force powers can dispel.

Lord Stark
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dWIMGuOIG-I/TTHqc47_v2I/AAAAAAAALJU/mOHR0HCJ-oU/s1600/redherring.gif

You got me there lol. I guess it can be chalked up to Space Magic.

Stealth Moose
Only Bioware has a monpoly on Space Magic, sir.

Lord Stark
Only Bioware has a monpoly on Space Magic, sir.

And yet they made the greatest Star Wars games ever so they have a hand in that cookie jar.

A Terrible Rod
Two games, and TOR is at least mildly hated.

(KotOR's okay, though.)

Lord Stark
Originally posted by A Terrible Rod
Two games, and TOR is at least mildly hated.

(KotOR's okay, though.)

TOR is hated mainly because of the drolls of WOW fanboys that move in to hate on it. I personally loved the leveling system (the planet quests), the ability to send your companions to do all the tedious shit required in crafting and was completely erect for the 8 fully voiced class stories. The lore in the game is truly amazing, and really underrated.

My only quip with SWTOR is that its so huge that characters like Marr, Ravage, Mortis, and Jadus are underused.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I dunno. Playing as my wrath I kinda just want to power through the quests to do endgame crap/raids.

Stealth Moose
I still haven't done endgame flashpoints, because I haven't had a team for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.