Darth Thanaton VS Galen Marek (After Corellia)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Worst sith in history VS Cool Lightside sith

Intrepid37
Thanaton stomps

carthage
THANATON DESTROYS, RAPES, PILLAGES, ANNIHILATES, AND CRUSHES

Nephthys
Marek.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Going with marek on this. This is a situation where Thanaton is outgunned in the force as well.

DarthAnt66
Marek whoops Thanaton's ass.

carthage
Did Thanton bludgeon your goldfish or something, kiddo?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Thanaton stomps

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
because you hate everything after the old republic era

ares834
Starkiller stomps.

NewGuy01
Eh, Thanaton has a good chance here, I wouldn't count him out, Ares.

ares834
I haven't seen anything to put Thanaton in Starkiller's ballpark. This is a guy who redirected a Star Destroyer and redirected/absorbed Sidious's lightning. Thanaton is smoked.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by PTforthewin

U mad?

Lord Stark
Marek takes this although I doubt its a stomp either way.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ares834
I haven't seen anything to put Thanaton in Starkiller's ballpark. This is a guy who redirected a Star Destroyer and redirected/absorbed Sidious's lightning. Thanaton is smoked.

Judging from his appearances as a duelist against Vader, Shaak, and Rahm--I don't think it's unfair to say that Galen is in Qui-Gon's ballpark as a duelist, as he was losing to both pre-ANH Vader and Shaak Ti, while he seemed to be roughly on par with Kota, though that was prior to his peak.

While Thanaton lacks the saber feats to supersede Galen's, I don't think he's necessarily out of his league here either. He's noted as one of the greatest warriors in the Empire, and his apprentice is supposed to be amongst best swordsman the Sith have to offer. Even as an acolyte he demonstrates considerable skills. I'd also like to mention that Thanaton's armor apparently enhances his combat abilities.

Really this is likely going to largely be a Force Competition, and both of their signature techniques are lightning--Only I think Thanaton is more proficient with it. He's used it in a variety of ways, creating destructive maelstroms of energy, creating an enhanced Protection Bubble, and even applying it to allow flight. His base Force Lightning is already strong enough to bust metal, and completely fry his already competent younger self in his vision of the future.

Galen does have better TK feats admittedly, busting durasteel, collapsing ceiling portions, throwing remains of tie fighters, and busting blast doors--However, it's strongly implied that we really haven't seen the extents of Thanaton's power with TK, it can be assumed he's competent with it as well--He is a supremely powerful Sith Lord and one of the Empire's greatest Force Practitioners, he should be adept with the Force's most basic application.

Now, Thanaton's main advantage is his ability to use combative sorcery. He has an almost infinite wealth of knowledge, and he did put down Nox purely with rituals and unorthodox methods in their first confrontation. Starkiller likely isn't prepared for the more arcane variations of attack.

I'm not saying that Darth Thanaton would defeat Galen Marek, but considering that he is among Sith like Nyriss and Jadus on the Dark Council, there isn't much fruit in claiming that he doesn't stand a chance against someone who was losing to pre-ANH Vader (Who in turn was losing to TPM Maul, if you recall.)

Stealth Moose
Nicely put.

Nephthys
I wouldn't be too sure about that lightning. Marek powers a corvette for about half a minute with his lightning in the first novel.

Stealth Moose
But the novels aren't canon anymoar, bro.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Judging from his appearances as a duelist against Vader, Shaak, and Rahm--I don't think it's unfair to say that Galen is in Qui-Gon's ballpark as a duelist, as he was losing to both pre-ANH Vader and Shaak Ti, while he seemed to be roughly on par with Kota, though that was prior to his peak.

While Thanaton lacks the saber feats to supersede Galen's, I don't think he's necessarily out of his league here either. He's noted as one of the greatest warriors in the Empire, and his apprentice is supposed to be amongst best swordsman the Sith have to offer. Even as an acolyte he demonstrates considerable skills. I'd also like to mention that Thanaton's armor apparently enhances his combat abilities.

Really this is likely going to largely be a Force Competition, and both of their signature techniques are lightning--Only I think Thanaton is more proficient with it. He's used it in a variety of ways, creating destructive maelstroms of energy, creating an enhanced Protection Bubble, and even applying it to allow flight. His base Force Lightning is already strong enough to bust metal, and completely fry his already competent younger self in his vision of the future.

Galen does have better TK feats admittedly, busting durasteel, collapsing ceiling portions, throwing remains of tie fighters, and busting blast doors--However, it's strongly implied that we really haven't seen the extents of Thanaton's power with TK, it can be assumed he's competent with it as well--He is a supremely powerful Sith Lord and one of the Empire's greatest Force Practitioners, he should be adept with the Force's most basic application.

Now, Thanaton's main advantage is his ability to use combative sorcery. He has an almost infinite wealth of knowledge, and he did put down Nox purely with rituals and unorthodox methods in their first confrontation. Starkiller likely isn't prepared for the more arcane variations of attack.

I'm not saying that Darth Thanaton would defeat Galen Marek, but considering that he is among Sith like Nyriss and Jadus on the Dark Council, there isn't much fruit in claiming that he doesn't stand a chance against someone who was losing to pre-ANH Vader (Who in turn was losing to TPM Maul, if you recall.) Marek marek didn't reach his peak

PTforthewin

I'm not saying that Darth Thanaton would defeat Galen Marek, but considering that he is among Sith like Nyriss and Jadus on the Dark Council, there isn't much fruit in claiming that he doesn't stand a chance against someone who was losing to pre-ANH Vader (Who in turn was losing to TPM Maul, if you recall.) Galen also had force maelstrom

ares834

Well before his peak.

Marek outdueled Vader. That's far better than a bunch of supposition which is all Thanaton has.

Lightning isn't Marek's signature technique. Anyway, Marek's lightning was powerful enough to put down an AT-AT. And he handled Sidious's lightning. Thanaton's lightning is going to be all but useless against Marek.

Thanaton may be "adept" but he doesn't have any TK feats that put him anywhere near a guy who redirects Star Destroyers.

I'm not saying that Darth Thanaton would defeat Galen Marek, but considering that he is among Sith like Nyriss and Jadus on the Dark Council, there isn't much fruit in claiming that he doesn't stand a chance against someone who was losing to pre-ANH Vader (Who in turn was losing to TPM Maul, if you recall.)

Marek would devastate Nyriss and likely Jadus as well. no expression Only the absolute top tiers are going to have a chance to defeat him like Vitiate and Malgus.

NewGuy01
You don't think the high-class Dark Councillors can challenge Malgus?

ares834
You don't think the high-class Dark Councillors can challenge Malgus?

None of them have the feats to suggest they do aside from perhaps Nox.

Nephthys
Jadus does.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by PTforthewin

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The_Tempest

http://www.thefrisky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/04/tumblr_m3q23nEcNv1qmbe27o1_5001.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.