Wolverine vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautMania
How do you think the fight will go between the movie versions of wolverine and Cap?

carver9
Wrong forum.

Galan007
Movie Cap wins, assuming movie Wolvie's stabby-stabs cannot cut through his shield.

dial J for Josh
Hmm, hard to tell both have great feats. In hand to hand movie cap would wreck movie Logan... But the game changer would be movie Logan's retarded healing factor along with his ferocity. For now Ill give a very slight advantage to movie cap due to him being able to stand up to Logan and defend accordingly via indestructible shield, and also due to the fact that he has excellent h2h skill and him being a technician.

cdtm
Caps shield swings should knock him out. Sabes put him down, and so did a bullet to the head.. Cap's shield swings can do at least as much damage (More, I'd bet. He cuts through alien armor like it's tissue paper..)

JuggernautMania
Also Movie Cap is legit peak human with slight super human feats. while movie wolverine has strength and physical stats of a man. he doesnt even present that much of great skills. the only thing going for him is claws and healing factor and personally i believe Movie Cap will overcome it.

maxivitopowe
Wrong forum

Slight edge to cap though

Galan007
It was either the 2nd or 3rd X-film, wherein a police officer shot Wolvie in the head... I seem to recall him being incapacitated for quite a while before recovering.

I'd imagine that a shield-throw/smack to the head from Cap packs a lot more blunt force than a 9mm round. /shrug

Shabazz916
movie wolverine... he can avoid caps shield and he will hit cap

SamZED
Movie Cap is superhuman. Way above 2 tones. There was an agents of SHIELD episode where that super powered guy (forgot his name) was running and pushing a huge bulldozer across a field. When he was done he asked Coulson if he managed to beat Roger's record. Phill said "not even close".

Estacado
Cap kicks the shit out of him.

Shabazz916
if wolverine gets in the mode where dude was stabbing him and he was healing like the water heals when you get out a pool cap has no chance

Robtard
WTF

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Shabazz916
movie wolverine... he can avoid caps shield and he will hit cap

Wrong

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Shabazz916
if wolverine gets in the mode where dude was stabbing him and he was healing like the water heals when you get out a pool cap has no chance

Cap punches him and he gets knocked out...

jaden101
Cap can and will beat on wolverine all day long. He'll never kill him though. He can ko him over and over but wolverine will just keep coming back and back and back until the rare occasions when he does start tagging cap begin to mount up.

So unless you're allowing some mechanism for cap to remove wolvie's healing then this will always end up with cap dead. 10/10 however long it takes.

KingD19
Are we going to ignore Logan's feats of tanking damage that should ko him and only focus on when he was ko'd?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
Are we going to ignore Logan's feats of tanking damage that should ko him and only focus on when he was ko'd?

OP didn't state fight to the death, so its first to KO by forum regs.

Silent Master
Originally posted by jaden101
Cap can and will beat on wolverine all day long. He'll never kill him though. He can ko him over and over but wolverine will just keep coming back and back and back until the rare occasions when he does start tagging cap begin to mount up.

So unless you're allowing some mechanism for cap to remove wolvie's healing then this will always end up with cap dead. 10/10 however long it takes.

If Wolverine gets ko'd, the fight is over. This isn't a death match.

jaden101
Are you the OP? Is that in the fight stipulations?

No.

So SILENCE, MAN-HORSE!!!

Silent Master
As you can see, the OP didn't state that this was a death match.

Originally posted by JuggernautMania
How do you think the fight will go between the movie versions of wolverine and Cap?

KingD19
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
OP didn't state fight to the death, so its first to KO by forum regs.

I know what it means. I'm pointing out how people are saying Cap ko's Logan, but ignoring the numerous times Logan tanks damage that would KO anyone else. Let's compare.

X1
Sabretooth knocked him out with a tree branch.

X2
A 0mm bullet to the skull knocked him out.

X3
Takes an extended beating from Juggernaut, the physically strongest person aside from an amped Shaw in the X-Men/Wolverine film series. No KO.

Origins
Takes a beating from Blob. A guy durable/strong enough to punch a tank shell and not be harmed when it explodes in the barrel. He knocked him from one end of the gym to the other with no effort.

Takes a bunch of explosions from Gambit.

Takes a beating from Sabretooth.

Gets shot in the head by Agent Zero and is only pissed off.

The Wolverine
With a weakened healing factor, took getting shot several times(pistol and buckshot).

Kept going despite all the ninja attacking him in the end.

Took hits from Silver Samurai.

He's also shown strength around Cap's level when he just tosses guys like 15-20 feet.

Cap's not ko'ing him, and if he can, it's a lot harder than people seem to think.

And those claws are far more dangerous than the shield, one good cut is all Logan needs to put Cap on the ropes if not end the fight.

COG Veteran
Vague OP. Cap can knock Wolvie around all day but has no chance of killing him.

Silent Master
Seeing as this isn't a death match, why do people keep bringing that up?

Time Immemorial
I know what it means. I'm pointing out how people are saying Cap ko's Logan, but ignoring the numerous times Logan tanks damage that would KO anyone else. Let's compare.

X1
Sabretooth knocked him out with a tree branch.

X2

X3
Takes an extended beating from Juggernaut, the physically strongest person aside from an amped Shaw in the X-Men/Wolverine film series. No KO.

Origins
Takes a beating from Blob. A guy durable/strong enough to punch a tank shell and not be harmed when it explodes in the barrel. He knocked him from one end of the gym to the other with no effort.

Takes a bunch of explosions from Gambit.

Takes a beating from Sabretooth.

Gets shot in the head by Agent Zero and is only pissed off.

The Wolverine
With a weakened healing factor, took getting shot several times(pistol and buckshot).

Kept going despite all the ninja attacking him in the end.

Took hits from Silver Samurai.

He's also shown strength around Cap's level when he just tosses guys like 15-20 feet.

Cap's not ko'ing him, and if he can, it's a lot harder than people seem to think.

And those claws are far more dangerous than the shield, one good cut is all Logan needs to put Cap on the ropes if not end the fight.

He got knocked out by a non adamentium bullet to the head in X-3 man. Funny how you leave that fact out in your examination of all the movies.

KingD19
So you're going to ignore aaaaallll the other times stuff more damaging than a bullet didn't knock him out?

Or the time he got shot by a higher caliber bullet and was only pissed off?

I shouldn't be surprised.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jaden101

So Cap knocks him out then ties him up spread eagled. What's Wolvie gonna do then? Or knock him out, tie him up, then throw him in the ocean.

Time Immemorial
So you're going to ignore aaaaallll the other times stuff more damaging than a bullet didn't knock him out?

Or the time he got shot by a higher caliber bullet and was only pissed off?

I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not ignoring it, the high end feats and low end feats don't add up is all I'm saying.

In one battle he's taking on juggernaut head on, in another he's getting toss around by a lady death stroke..

Silent Master
He was also stunned in X-1 when he went through the windshield. he also ko'd by a regular bullet outside Bobby's house.

He has a fairly good history of being ko'd by headshots.

KingD19
Yeah, but the feats are there. There's more evidence that Cap won't be able to KO him than there's evidence he he can.

DARTH POWER
I'm not ignoring it, the high end feats and low end feats don't add up is all I'm saying.

In one battle he's taking on juggernaut head on, in another he's getting toss around by a lady death stroke..

So we can put the feats together and say that Cap has a decent chance of KO'ing him eventually. Remember he's not only hitting him with far superior strength, but with his Shield.

You can't say for sure that will be less powerful than punches from Juggs. And we don't even know for sure that Juggs gave him his best shot or anything. But we do know for sure that he can be knocked out by Sabertooth wielding a tree or by a well placed bullet to the head.

Firefly218
The shield to his head should knock wolvie unconscious.

Cap is faster, stronger, more agile and has his shield. There's no way wolvie gets a claw on him

wallman77
Originally posted by Firefly218
The shield to his head should knock wolvie unconscious.

Cap is faster, stronger, more agile and has his shield. There's no way wolvie gets a claw on him

Robtard
Banking on Logan doing what he does best. Slicing-n-Dicing.

Zack Fair
Cap is ridiculously skilled. Winter Soldier made this closer IMO.

Robtard
Adamantium Claws > Cybernetic Arm

Wolverine > Winter Soldier

Zack Fair
Sure adamantium >>> cyber arm.

Winter Soldier's skills >>>>> Logan's though.

Cap's skills, strength, speed, agility, brains > Logan's.

I ain't saying he wins, but his skills being showcased the way they were in Winter Soldier makes this a harder call IMO.

or maybe I'm just a little biased because before WS I saw Cap as a shitty slugger abusing his physical prowess.

DARTH POWER
To be fair, Logan's durability and claws, on top of the strength and agility he has, will make this a hard fight, but Cap should definitely come out on top eventually.

Robtard
Here's the thing: Solid shield bash to the face/head may or may not KO Wolverine. Solid claw stab to the face/head will put down Captain America.

Then there the fact that the body-shots Cap lands won't do much to Wolverine considering his adamantiun skeleton and healing-factor. While body-shots Wolverine lands will make Cap bleed.

Though I would imagine Cap is going to land more hits than Wolverine is , but Wolverine really only needs one good hit to a vital spot, head, neck, heart for a certain win.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard
Here's the thing: Solid shield bash to the face/head may or may not KO Wolverine. Solid claw stab to the face/head will put down Captain America.

Then there the fact that the body-shots Cap lands won't do much to Wolverine considering his adamantiun skeleton and healing-factor. While body-shots Wolverine lands will make Cap bleed.

Though I would imagine Cap is going to land more hits than Wolverine is , but Wolverine really only needs one good hit to a vital spot, head, neck, heart for a certain win.

True, but as long as Cap has his shield Wolverine can't lay a claw on him. Cap is much faster and more agile, and therefore should be able to easily block Wolverine's slow attacks

Robtard
True, but as long as Cap has his shield Wolverine can't lay a claw on him. Cap is much faster and more agile, and therefore should be able to easily block Wolverine's slow attacks

The shield is only so large, so it's silly to assume Cap is 100% safe with his shield.

Watching Cap fight and Wolverine fight, they're about the same in terms of speed.

maxivitopowe
With the shield I only saw cap be able to defend against a single knife hand

FrothByte
He also defended himself from multiple gunfire... which all moves faster than Wolverine's claws. Wolverine had trouble with a single katana wielding Samurai. Cap is enhanced human. Faster, stronger and more agile. Wolverine ain't winning this.

maxivitopowe
yeah its kinda easy for you to block bullet fire when they are aiming directly at your shield

Epicurus
He got knocked out by a non adamentium bullet to the head in X-3 man. Funny how you leave that fact out in your examination of all the movies. confused
KingD19 did mention it:
X2

To me it's pretty clear; X-Men version of Logan was a chump who was easy to KO despite his physiological capabilities. Origins and The Wolverine however gave him beastly new feats.

Imo, X-version would lose while the Origins/TheWolverine-version would win.

DARTH POWER
The shield is only so large, so it's silly to assume Cap is 100% safe with his shield.

Watching Cap fight and Wolverine fight, they're about the same in terms of speed.

Wolverine's no where near as fast.

Originally posted by Epicurus
confused
KingD19 did mention it:

To me it's pretty clear; X-Men version of Logan was a chump who was easy to KO despite his physiological capabilities. Origins and The Wolverine however gave him beastly new feats.

Imo, X-version would lose while the Origins/TheWolverine-version would win.

Yeah but since they're all part of the same continuity, the logical thing to think is a bullet can knock out Wolverine. But might not. Also maybe his berserker rage helped him not being KO'd by the adamantium bullets. He was quite calm when the normal bullet KO'd him.

God Cloth Seiya
Wolverine has the one hitter quitter.
Cap will need to land several blows without getting hit if he is to survive.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya

Cap will need to land several blows without getting hit if he is to survive.

Which he easily can with his SHIELD, superior speed and combat prowess.

Also CAP could take getting stabbed a couple of times. Just not in a fatal area.

God Cloth Seiya
Claws > Guns

If he stabs him even once he could bleed to death

DARTH POWER
Claws > Guns

If he stabs him even once he could bleed to death

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Which he easily can with his SHIELD, superior speed and combat prowess.

Also CAP could take getting stabbed a couple of times. Just not in a fatal area.

Epicurus

Yeah but since they're all part of the same continuity, the logical thing to think is a bullet can knock out Wolverine. But might not. Also maybe his berserker rage helped him not being KO'd by the adamantium bullets. He was quite calm when the normal bullet KO'd him.
He survived a nuke in The Wolverine. And that was before the adamantium upgrade.

Since Origins is more recent than the X-Men films, I am presuming his feats from that should be counted. Which means that a non-adamantium bullet to the head would do little more than piss him off in a forum fight.

So that's that.

The Spleen
To the death, Wolvie. To the win/KO, Cap.

Firefly218
Originally posted by The Spleen
To the death, Wolvie. To the win/KO, Cap.

Once Cap KOs Wolverine, he'll find a way to Kill him

The Spleen
Once Cap KOs Wolverine, he'll find a way to Kill him No.

Firefly218
No.

Good argument.

The Spleen
Good argument. It's a simple no. Details? OK. What gear does Cap have that will kill Wolvie?

Firefly218
It's a simple no. Details? OK. What gear does Cap have that will kill Wolvie?

Cap could possibly sever Wolverine's head with his shield. With his super strength, if Cap repeatedly slams his shield on Wolverine's neck.

DARTH POWER
He survived a nuke in The Wolverine. And that was before the adamantium upgrade.

Since Origins is more recent than the X-Men films, I am presuming his feats from that should be counted. Which means that a non-adamantium bullet to the head would do little more than piss him off in a forum fight.

So that's that.

No that's not that. You've just made up your own rules there. I could argue Singer's films are the more canon one, as those are the ones people generally like (including First Class as Singer was involved in that one too), and are most familiar with.

And then that's that for me. Fact is X1 and X2 are completely 100% canon to this UNiverse, and you can't just write them off.

Also in "The Wolverine" he was KO'd when injected with drugs/poison whatever. So he can be KO'd, it's not just a matter of "he survived a Nuke so can't be KO'd by anything else, even though he has been several times now.

Cap could possibly sever Wolverine's head with his shield. With his super strength, if Cap repeatedly slams his shield on Wolverine's neck.

Yeah, that's true. Cap could potentially decapitate Wolverine, or cut off any part of him.

KingD19
Cap doesn't have the strength or the superheated edge necessary to cut through Adamantium. Nor is his shield fully Adamantium so there's still no guarantee it would work going by X-Movieverse rules.

And taking into account all movies involving Wolverine. He has more showings of tanking/shrugging off damage than not.

Lestov16
I'm going with Logan on this one. His claws offer a far more effective and versatile mode of attack than Steve's shield. Once Cap loses the shield (and he eventually will), it's all over.

God Cloth Seiya
Cap could possibly sever Wolverine's head with his shield. With his super strength, if Cap repeatedly slams his shield on Wolverine's neck. Cap breaks his own neck in this attempt.

Robtard

Yeah, he is. Cap is no speedster fighter.

Watch the Logan vs Pissed Japanese Guy With Daddy Issues Wielding A Katana figth in 'The Wolverine'. Logan is about as fast as Cap's best fight-speeds.

Arguably faster if we consider Logan's decent ability to deflect fast travelling small projectiles with his claws.

Time Immemorial
Yeah, he is. Cap is no speedster fighter.

Watch the Logan vs Pissed Japanese Guy With Daddy Issues Wielding A Katana figth in 'The Wolverine'. Logan is about as fast as Cap's best fight-speeds.

Arguably faster if we consider Logan's decent ability to deflect fast travelling small projectiles with his claws.

He jogged 13 miles in 30 minutes....or was it 30 miles?

KingD19
13. However, sprinting speed doesn't equal combat speed.

Robtard
He jogged 13 miles in 30 minutes....or was it 30 miles?

If this was a running race, Cap would utterly annihilate Logan.

This is a fight though.

Time Immemorial
13. However, sprinting speed doesn't equal combat speed.

Batroc and WS were pretty fast and he took them down.

God Cloth Seiya
Didn't wolverine tank bullets and still was standing? And didn't it only take a few gunshots to put cap down? Doesn't that mean wolverine has far greater durability?

Time Immemorial
Didn't wolverine tank bullets and still was standing? And didn't it only take a few gunshots to put cap down? Doesn't that mean wolverine has far greater durability?

Your shifting the argument now to bullets cause your the the other one on speed?

God Cloth Seiya
Your shifting the argument now to bullets cause your the the other one on speed? What??????? Not exactly what your saying.

I don't remember discussing speed, I was just pointing out a durability feat.

KingD19
He's not shifting the argument, just pointing out that three rifle rounds had Cap on his last legs. Whereas Logan got shot a whooooole lot more with pistol and shotgun rounds, while having a drastically weakened healing factor, and tanked it all.

But the point we're making is that Logan isn't much slower than Cap if he's even slower at all. And Rob pointed out that he could even be a bit faster. Similar speed with the ability to tank Cap's hits and 6 blades a foot long a piece is not a good opponent for Steve.

Time Immemorial
What??????? Not exactly what your saying.

I don't remember discussing speed, I was just pointing out a durability feat.

Wolverine gets hit in the head with bullets and even with his adamentium he goes down, captain shrugged off chitari weapons that where disintegrating humans and he was taking them.

In Captain America 1, I think he got shot, didn't slow him down

In Cap 2, He got shot 3 times and still completed the task, went hand to hand with winter soldier, took repeated beating to the face from his metal arm, then survived the fall from the helli carrier into the lake..

Thats not durability?

God Cloth Seiya
Wolverine gets hit in the head with bullets and even with his adamentium he goes down, captain shrugged off chitari weapons that where disintegrating humans and he was taking them.

In Captain America 1, I think he got shot, didn't slow him down

In Cap 2, He got shot 3 times and still completed the task, went hand to hand with winter soldier, took repeated beating to the face from his metal arm, then survived the fall from the helli carrier into the lake..

Thats not durability?

Pretty sure he only got shot once by that weapon and I believed it knocked him on his but.

He blocked pretty much blocked everything

Got 3 times and was crawling, hit in the face several times nearly killing him. He only survived because Bucky saved him, if he hadn't Cap wouldn't be alive.

Time Immemorial
Pretty sure he only got shot once by that weapon and I believed it knocked him on his but.

He blocked pretty much blocked everything

Got 3 times and was crawling, hit in the face several times nearly killing him. He only survived because Bucky saved him, if he hadn't Cap wouldn't be alive.

No thats not what happened.

Time Immemorial
And to add, he fell in a freezing cold ocean before and survived just fine.

God Cloth Seiya
He froze over, if shield didn't find him he wouldn't exist nowadays.

Time Immemorial
He froze over, if shield didn't find him he wouldn't exist nowadays.

Doesn't matter surviving a freezing lake in the arctic for 50 years is a little more hostile then falling in a man made like right outside of shield headquarters on a sunny day in DC.

God Cloth Seiya
And? Wolverine could also survive that.

Time Immemorial
And? Wolverine could also survive that.

So they have the same durability, except, wolverine needs an adamentium skeleton and uber regen healing factor to match cap's built in durability.

God Cloth Seiya
Not same durability, cap was severely injured by a few bullets while wolverine was taking a lot more and still standing.

Time Immemorial
Not same durability, cap was severely injured by a few bullets while wolverine was taking a lot more and still standing.

He had 3 bullets in him and still took down winter soldier and survived the hellicarrier fall? I don't call that severely injured.

From your point of view someone showing signs of pain is injured and hurt. I can see how you exaggerate everything now.

KingD19
Cap's metabolism is a healing factor as well. It's why he can't get drunk.

God Cloth Seiya
So if I were to stab you right now and you said your were in pain that automatically saids your not hurt?

That's pretty much your argument.

Time Immemorial
Cap's metabolism is a healing factor as well. It's why he can't get drunk.

Not on the level of wolverine but yes, thats how he survives and does not die from things that would normally kill someone.

Time Immemorial
So if I were to stab you right now and you said your were in pain that automatically saids your not hurt?

That's pretty much your argument.

You can't win this argument because your can't separate your delusions from reality.

When Loki stabbed Thor, yes he was injured and hurt. Did it stop him, no.

Flopping around in a container is not injured or hurt its called brief frustration, are you able to comprehend these simple things or do I need to keep trying to explain the differences to you?

Firefly218
Wolverine healing factor > Captain America healing factor

That said:

Cap agility, combat speed, strength, skill, intelligence, defense > Wolverine's

Logan won't be able to touch Cap, as long as he has the shield

Firefly218
Wolverine healing factor > Captain America healing factor

That said:

Cap agility, combat speed, strength, skill, intelligence, defense > Wolverine's

Logan won't be able to touch Cap, as long as he has the shield

Shield = Healing Factor

Just like Cap can't hurt adamantium wolvie
Wolverine can't hurt Cap w/shield

God Cloth Seiya
You can't win this argument because your can't separate your delusions from reality.

When Loki stabbed Thor, yes he was injured and hurt. Did it stop him, no.

Flopping around in a container is not injured or hurt its called brief frustration, are you able to comprehend these simple things or do I need to keep trying to explain the differences to you?

So why are you talking about yourself?

Wrong thread, movie, and your dodging my argument.

That wasn't frustration, it was pain. So if I were to shoot cap in the leg however just because he can still barely move he's not in pain? This is what your saying and its false.

Time Immemorial
So why are you talking about yourself?

Wrong thread, movie, and your dodging my argument.

That wasn't frustration, it was pain. So if I were to shoot cap in the leg however just because he can still barely move he's not in pain? This is what your saying and its false.

You can't separate the difference between getting stabbed and being shot vs flopping around in a container, or being stabbed, or anything, its the same argument in both threads. Get a grip on your posts.

Thats why you lose.

And I dodged no argument.

You lost in the Thor thread, and you lose here.

Robtard
So they have the same durability, except, wolverine needs an adamentium skeleton and uber regen healing factor to match cap's built in durability.

Not correct, duder.

Cap's flesh is more durable (tougher) than Logan's, as he takes less damage from hits than Logan would.

Logan happens to have a healing factor that can heal extensive damage in a matter of seconds, an unbreakable skeleton and he can continue to function after taking damage that would outright kill a normal man on the spot.

God Cloth Seiya
Your doing the exact same thing cause you've run out of arguments since I countered all of yours.

You have lost its over.

Time Immemorial
Your doing the exact same thing cause you've run out of arguments since I countered all of yours.

You have lost its over.

Are you quan?

What argument have you countered, you have countered nothing.

God Cloth Seiya
You sure do act like him.

Time Immemorial
You sure do act like him.

Your lost your argument and now your crying like a baby.

God Cloth Seiya
Saids the raging fanboy who likes to call people names like a 3 year old.

Time Immemorial
Saids the raging fanboy who likes to call people names like a 3 year old.

I don't even like Thor. Again your wrong.

God Cloth Seiya
I don't even like Thor. Again your wrong. Wrong thread

Time Immemorial
Wrong thread

I don't even like Captain America, I like Superman and Hulk.

Wrong Again

God Cloth Seiya
So I was wrong when I said wrong thread even though you were talking about thor in a Cap vs Wolverine thread? lol

Time Immemorial
So I was wrong when I said wrong thread even though you were talking about thor in a Cap vs Wolverine thread? lol

Like your talking about captain america in the other thread?

God Cloth Seiya
Ah you keep copy catting me cause you want to be just like me.

I feel for you thumb up

Time Immemorial
Ah you keep copy catting me cause you want to be just like me.

I feel for you thumb up

Takes one to know one, don't be all but hurt because wolverine beat deadpool once and therefore you think now deadpool can take Thor.

Who's the deadpool and wolverine fanboy afterall?

God Cloth Seiya
Wrong thread, I don't mind if bring up other characters into the thread as long as they have something to do with the debate.

Time Immemorial
Wrong thread, I don't mind if bring up other characters into the thread as long as they have something to do with the debate.

So its the right thread for you when you want to bring up a character for your debate, but its the wrong thread if I wan't to do it. Your a Hypocrite and you lost both debates.

God Cloth Seiya
Uh no here is what I mean since your maturity won't let you understand

In the other thread I'm ok with this cause its a feat that actually has something to do with this.
He was not hurt by Ironman, Captain had to stop the fight before Thor was going to do him in.

I do mind this though
Terminator said in T2 he feels pain, does that mean he is hurt? No

Understand?

Time Immemorial
Uh no here is what I mean since your maturity won't let you understand

In the other thread I'm ok with this cause its a feat that actually has something to do with this.

I do mind this though

Understand?

Quit making insults and passing them off as knowledge. Your wrong.

God Cloth Seiya
Saids the guy whose been calling me names like a 3 year old.

wallman77
Cap eventually scores the K'O

maxivitopowe

so you're saying that Cap could do the Hiroshima feat?

Robtard
He could, he'd just not heal right away and he'd be on the floor crying, if he managed to remain conscious through it.

Epicurus
No that's not that. You've just made up your own rules there. I could argue Singer's films are the more canon one, as those are the ones people generally like (including First Class as Singer was involved in that one too), and are most familiar with.

And then that's that for me. Fact is X1 and X2 are completely 100% canon to this UNiverse, and you can't just write them off.

Also in "The Wolverine" he was KO'd when injected with drugs/poison whatever. So he can be KO'd, it's not just a matter of "he survived a Nuke so can't be KO'd by anything else, even though he has been several times now.

Yeah, that's true. Cap could potentially decapitate Wolverine, or cut off any part of him.
I haven't made up any rules here. It's not about what one likes, it's about what's more recent, and Logan's feats in Origins and The Wolverine are more recent, which would give them precedence over previous films. Especially when they contradict previous low showings such as him being KO'd by a bullet to the head.

Of course they are canon, but Origins is more recent than them, and TW is even more recent than Origins.

IIRC, his healing factor was compromised in that. And when exactly did Cap get knockout drugs/toxins as part of his standard equipment anyways? Or are you mentioning a scene from a special edition version of a Captain America film which only you saw?

Wolverine's skeleton is indestructible, so lol no.

DARTH POWER
I haven't made up any rules here. It's not about what one likes, it's about what's more recent, and Logan's feats in Origins and The Wolverine are more recent, which would give them precedence over previous films. Especially when they contradict previous low showings such as him being KO'd by a bullet to the head.

Of course they are canon, but Origins is more recent than them, and TW is even more recent than Origins.

Who said "recent" = "more canon"?

In fact I wouldn't at all be surprised if Origins: Wolverine gets written out of canon. It's already got contradictions to the rest of the series like the "Emma Frost" thing. And Sabretooth being Wolverine's brother LOL.

But if we are to put them all in the same continuity, then we'd have to assume that modern day Wolverine gets KO'd more easily than Past Wolverine.

Either way you can't just write off events from the 2 films which started off the series. And the only 2 made by the guy who created the series.

IIRC, his healing factor was compromised in that.

No, it was after he cured himself.

And when exactly did Cap get knockout drugs/toxins as part of his standard equipment anyways? Or are you mentioning a scene from a special edition version of a Captain America film which only you saw?

He's an agent of shield. He can carry those kind of weapons if he knows who he's up against.

But that wasn't my point anyway. Point is Poisons are different to Nuke's melting your flesh, different to blunt trauma to the head. So you can't just say "He survived a nuke therefore nothing can knock him out now!" Because clearly in canon he can and has been KO'd several times in different ways.

Wolverine's skeleton is indestructible, so lol no.

So is Cap's Shield. He wouldn't even have to break the adamantium, just use enough force to separate them at their joints.

Estacado
Logan fights like a tard going head on relying on his hf he basically has no h2h skills.
While Cap is ridicolusly skilled in the 2 nd movie.
He will block Logan's attacks and Ko him with the shield.

God Cloth Seiya
Well if we use the feat from the origins movie, Deadpool was shwon being able to go hypersonic fighting speed without trying. Wolverine was able to keep up with him in H2H so wouldn't that make wolverine faster than cap?

Epicurus
Who said "recent" = "more canon"?

It doesn't mean more canon but it definitely means greater precedence. Everyone is relying largely on Cap's feats from Winter Soldier over and above his feats in Avengers and the first Captain America movie.

Anyways, precedence or not, that single bullet KO scene doesn't override multiple showings in Origins where Wolverine tanks greater amount of damage without getting taken out. Especially when there is another scene where he tanks a bullet to the head without any problem whatsoever.

In fact I wouldn't at all be surprised if Origins: Wolverine gets written out of canon. It's already got contradictions to the rest of the series like the "Emma Frost" thing. And Sabretooth being Wolverine's brother LOL.

Now you're just plain speculating. Origins is part of established X-canon, and pretending that it no longer applies based on a What If scenario that you cooked up is downright disingenuous.

But if we are to put them all in the same continuity, then we'd have to assume that modern day Wolverine gets KO'd more easily than Past Wolverine.

Either way you can't just write off events from the 2 films which started off the series. And the only 2 made by the guy who created the series.

Which is why I separated Origins-level Wolverine from the one portrayed in the X-trilogy. It was you who stated that they should both be treated as part of the same canon, and should therefore be the same character

I absolutely can, if we are to take into consideration the overall picture based on all the known canon. Origins gave him a shitton of beastly feats, and ignoring them in light of a few low showings here and there is you doing what you're preaching against.

No, it was after he cured himself.

Okay.

He's an agent of shield. He can carry those kind of weapons if he knows who he's up against.

Again, speculation. Cap's standard equipment has primarily consisted of his shield and the uniform throughout much of his onscreen career. You can't arbitrarily give him additional tools based on speculation about what SHIELD agents carry around with the. I could easily claim that Logan, being a former elite mutant merc should have access to stuff which mercs have, but that's not the way to debate.

But that wasn't my point anyway. Point is Poisons are different to Nuke's melting your flesh, different to blunt trauma to the head. So you can't just say "He survived a nuke therefore nothing can knock him out now!" Because clearly in canon he can and has been KO'd several times in different ways.

Poisons are inferior to nukes. That's the difference between them. I am not claiming that surviving a nuke makes him invincible, I am saying that him tanking the radioactive fallout is a feat well beyond most of Cap's feats except for the disintegration gun. We have also seen him tank greater damage than what has KO'd him in the movies, and in greater number of instances as well. Guess you'll manage to come up with some strange reasoning as to how those feats become invalid in light of the fewer number of his lower end showings.

So is Cap's Shield. He wouldn't even have to break the adamantium, just use enough force to separate them at their joints.
Magneto and Phoenix, with their vast electromagnetic and telekinetic power were unable to break apart Logan's skeleton, so what makes you think Cap can?

Lestov16
Magneto and Phoenix, with their vast electromagnetic and telekinetic power were unable to break apart Logan's skeleton, so what makes you think Cap can?

TBF, Phoenix was deliberately holding back, and IDK if Mags ever tried to break Logan's skeleton onscreen. He had no trouble controlling it.

But yeah, Steve goes down here.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Lestov16
TBF, Phoenix was deliberately holding back, and IDK if Mags ever tried to break Logan's skeleton onscreen. He had no trouble controlling it.

But yeah, Steve goes down here.
She didn't seem to hold back when Logan was powering through her attempts to disintegrate him. Yes, he did when he attacked him and Rogue in the train in the first X-Men film. He tried to rip his claws out but failed. Though he was toying with him in that scene.

God Cloth Seiya
Even though a lot of people won't agree with me I see the stats like this

Durability= Wolverine > Cap. I say this cause we saw wolverine tanking bullets and still standing while cap was shot by a lot less and went down to the ground.

Fighting speed= Wolverine > Cap. I say this because Cap only showed to have superhuman fighting speed while wolverine was shown fighting a guy who had hypersonic fighting speed.

Strength= Cap > Wolverine. I never really seen any superhuman strength wolverine unless I missed one but I think cap has shown better strength feats.

Special things= Wolverine > Cap. Healing factor and an unbreakable skeleton is pretty much much better than caps shield.

maxivitopowe
Durability= Wolverine > Cap

Hiroshima and Phoenix

God Cloth Seiya
I said wolverines durability is higher. What are you saying?

maxivitopowe
Those are the only things you need to prove it

KingD19
Wolverine also took an extended beating from both Blob and Juggernaut. Two of the strongest people in the X-Men movies.

maxivitopowe
Strongest in a physical sense

KingD19
Yeah. I meant physically those 2 along with Shaw and Colossus are the strongest people in the series.

God Cloth Seiya
Blob is stronger than cap and wolverine knocked him dwon. And he kept of with juggernaut who is stronger than Blob who is above cap.

KingD19
It was a goofy fight, but Logan did stun Blob with an elbow to the head. The same Blob that punched a tank shell and had it explode with no problem.

He also tanked Gambit's explosions.

Lestov16
The only thing Cap has going for him is his shield. If/when he loses that, he's phucked.

God Cloth Seiya
The only thing Cap has going for him is his shield. If/when he loses that, he's phucked. Agreed

DARTH POWER
The only thing Cap has going for him is his shield. If/when he loses that, he's phucked.

No, not at all. He's much stronger, much faster, much more agile, and a much better combatant.

Given all that it's pretty damn unlikely he's going to lose his Shield fighting someone much slower, weaker e.t.c.

Lestov16
None of that really matters because Cap can't do shit to Logan and his healing factor/indestructible skeleton.

Problem is that it is possible for Cap to lose his shield, whereas there's no way for Logan to lose his claws.

DARTH POWER
It doesn't mean more canon but it definitely means greater precedence. Everyone is relying largely on Cap's feats from Winter Soldier over and above his feats in Avengers and the first Captain America movie.

That's because Cap has probably improved his abilities since he's got his powers. And nothing in WS outright contradicts what we see in TFA anyway. His powers just were not portrayed as well in the first film.

On the other hand with Wolverine, the feats your talking about mainly happen in the past, so there's no excuse for present day Wolverine featured in the older movies to have less durability.

It's just an inconsistency which you can't ignore, no matter how much you'd like to.

Anyways, precedence or not, that single bullet KO scene doesn't override multiple showings in Origins where Wolverine tanks greater amount of damage without getting taken out. Especially when there is another scene where he tanks a bullet to the head without any problem whatsoever.

And vice versa. Those mutiple tankings do not override the several times he's been KO'd by much lessser attacks.

Now you're just plain speculating. Origins is part of established X-canon, and pretending that it no longer applies based on a What If scenario that you cooked up is downright disingenuous.

Really? Because I'm just taking your lead here. You seem to be doing the same thing.

Which is why I separated Origins-level Wolverine from the one portrayed in the X-trilogy. It was you who stated that they should both be treated as part of the same canon, and should therefore be the same character

And talking of being disingenuous, you pretty much just done the same thing yourself. I was saying I wouldn't be surprised if Origins gets written out of canon, but did not actually declare it non-canon. Whilst you are outright trying to make the X-trilogy Wolverine's showings as Non-Canon to the Origins Wolverine, by saying we should treat them seperated.

I absolutely can, if we are to take into consideration the overall picture based on all the known canon. Origins gave him a shitton of beastly feats, and ignoring them in light of a few low showings here and there is you doing what you're preaching against.

Again vice versa too. We have several instances of Wolverine being KO'd. You'd like to ignore them, but I won't let you get away with that.

Fact his his showings have been inconsistent. Which is why I'm not claiming CAP will knock him out in 5 seconds. But that chances are he will eventually lay a KO hit on him.

Poisons are inferior to nukes. That's the difference between them. I am not claiming that surviving a nuke makes him invincible, I am saying that him tanking the radioactive fallout is a feat well beyond most of Cap's feats except for the disintegration gun. We have also seen him tank greater damage than what has KO'd him in the movies, and in greater number of instances as well. Guess you'll manage to come up with some strange reasoning as to how those feats become invalid in light of the fewer number of his lower end showings.

As I said it's an inconsistent showing. But not one that can be ignored. He can tank a lot, but can be KO'd be less as well. So CAP can (and probably will) lay a KO eventually given his far superior strength, speed, agaility and combat moves. As well as his Shield.

And your right, Poisions are inferior to the radioactive fallout from a nuke. But guess what? That inconsistency happens in the same damn movie LOL. So no you can't get away with ignoring his incocnsistent showings, and just sticking to his higher feats.

LOL Phoenix could have just tossed him around the way Magneto does, but chose not to, so was obviously holding back.

Magneto has no problems doing whatever he wants to Wolverine's bones.

DARTH POWER
None of that really matters because Cap can't do shit to Logan and his healing factor/indestructible skeleton.

He can KO him. And you know this if you've ever seen X1 or X2.

Problem is that it is possible for Cap to lose his shield, whereas there's no way for Logan to lose his claws.

Really? Clearly you haven't seen The Wolverine then either.

And Cap's not going to lose his Shield to an inferior combatant. So get that out of your head.

KingD19
The amount of shit they had to go through to get Logan's claws was ridiculous. And he shows how well he tanks damage in X3 and Wolverine. The 2 most current in the timeline. Since Wolverine happens after X3.

TH3_V01D
can Cap resist Phoenix melting abilities? NO he cant. he is doing jack shit to wolverine.

Lol logan being a inferior combatant, steroid junkie was sleeping most his life.
Logan was fighting since civil war times.

God Cloth Seiya
No, not at all. He's much stronger, much faster, much more agile, and a much better combatant.

Given all that it's pretty damn unlikely he's going to lose his Shield fighting someone much slower, weaker e.t.c.

LOL, no

Feats say otherwise.

maxivitopowe
Really? Clearly you haven't seen The Wolverine then either. oh yes cos Cap=a giant robot w/ a super heated adamantium sword

And Cap's not going to lose his Shield to an inferior combatant. So get that out of your head.

all Logan has to do is put his arms up

KingD19
If Cap throws his shield, there's a really high chance Logan's just gonna smack it away. He's done it with tons of projectiles that are smaller, faster, and harder to see.

God Cloth Seiya
He deflected the optic beams for a long ass time.

KingD19
I actually wasn't even thinking about the beam. But yeah, the sheer amount of force behind that and he deflected it is a nice feat.

Time Immemorial
Wolverine also took an extended beating from both Blob and Juggernaut. Two of the strongest people in the X-Men movies.

And he also got beaten down by Lady Death Stroke.

God Cloth Seiya
And?

quanchi112
Cap wins.

DARTH POWER
LOL, no

Feats say otherwise.

Have you actually seen Winter Soldier?

Or are you just being a fanboy?

Cap is far stronger, faster and more agile than Wolverine. That's proven in the first action sequence in CA:TWS.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
oh yes cos Cap=a giant robot w/ a super heated adamantium sword

He has a Vibranium Shield that can cut through shit. And he has his super strength behind the blows.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
all Logan has to do is put his arms up

That's all I expect him to do. He has no combat moves. Cap will proper show him up.

Firefly218

Cap is far stronger, faster and more agile than Wolverine. That's proven in the first action sequence in CA:TWS.

thumb up

Cap had some high end feats

maxivitopowe
Are you a retard

If it could cut through anything then caps hands would have been gone the first time he caught it

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cap wins. No

God Cloth Seiya

I have seen it, he fought unexpected humans. Cap hasn't even shown a super sonic feat while wolverine was able to fight someone with hypersonic+ fighting speed. Cap only has superhuman strength and durability. Wolverine was fighting a man h2h no claws who blew up a tank with one hand. He also fought juggernaut who is also stronger than cap. Cap was down on the ground after a few bullets hit him while wolverine took a shit ton more bullets and was still standing.

Cap also wouldn't stand a chance against his phoenix feat like wolverine did. Even though she was holding back it was still tearing him apart.

quanchi112
No Compelling argument.

He kos Wolverine. Get over it.

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by quanchi112
Compelling argument.

He kos Wolverine. Get over it.

I have seen it, he fought unexpected humans. Cap hasn't even shown a super sonic feat while wolverine was able to fight someone with hypersonic+ fighting speed. Cap only has superhuman strength and durability. Wolverine was fighting a man h2h no claws who blew up a tank with one hand. He also fought juggernaut who is also stronger than cap. Cap was down on the ground after a few bullets hit him while wolverine took a shit ton more bullets and was still standing.

Cap also wouldn't stand a chance against his phoenix feat like wolverine did. Even though she was holding back it was still tearing him apart.

stick out tongue

quanchi112
stick out tongue This isn't abc logic it is about these two matching up against each other. Cap wins.

God Cloth Seiya
Actually based on feats Wolverine beats him in every thing except H2H skills. Wolverine has shown to keep up with hypersonic+ fighting speed. cap has not even showed super sonic speed. Wolverine has gone H2H with people who are severely stronger than cap. Wolverine has also shown more durability than cap.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>