Bill Gates Fixes Capitalism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Five minute video interview here.

Stumbled across this randomly today, and tbh I'm not sure it's well fleshed out by this short video. However, I am curious to see what everyone else thinks on the topic. The floor is open.

Shakyamunison
I wander if Bill Gates befitted from capitalism?

Time Immemorial
Yea I love the irony of this.

Stealth Moose
But the video has him holding a black kid; he can't be a bad guy.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

laughing out loud

The black kid is there just in case someone wants to shoot him.

Stealth Moose
Wait, wut.

Shakyamunison
Wait, wut.
The end of the Dead Zone came to mind.

Stealth Moose
I have not seen it.

Shakyamunison
I have not seen it.

Now you know what you have to do.

meep-meep
Pulling up the ladder. Works every time.

Time Immemorial

He loves black babies, he spends billions in Africa trying to get them to stop making babies, more irony.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
He loves black babies, he spends billions in Africa trying to get them to stop making babies, more irony.

They have zero spending power.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by meep-meep
They have zero spending power.

Who the Gates?

Digi
Is there a central thesis in the video? I don't think I identified a central idea that I can endorse or criticize.

That said, knocking Gates's argument due to his success is faulty logic. I wish I were surprised that I have to say that explicitly. And TI's gross misunderstanding of funding to Africa might be overt trolling.

Lexington
I read he donated like 80% of his wealth and earns $1 a year, I'm currently looking for a good link to back this up............ reading

Stealth Moose
He's alright. At least he isn't pretending to be an island while lecturing the lower class for entitlement.

dadudemon
If I had $30-$40 billion dollars to my name, I would definitely donate 80% of it.

I only need $10 billion to keep up investments and revenue.

Lexington
Originally posted by dadudemon
If I had $30-$40 billion dollars to my name, I would definitely donate 80% of it.

I only need $10 billion to keep up investments and revenue.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.