Darth Malgus vs RotS Anakin and RotS Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
They fight aboard the Emperor's fortress throne room. Peak Malgus.

NewGuy01
Anakin solos.

He overpowered one of the best duelists in galactic history, one who challenged the Order's true master of lightsaber combat, in a duel. He's physically strong enough to rip apart durasteel spider droids and physically dominate almost every opponent he's faced. Even as a Padawan he could move fast enough to produce multiple afterimages and completely encase himself in his lightsaber's afterglow. At his peak his Force Screams were powerful enough to cause a 90x30 meter dome to implode. He has TK'd noteworthy Force Users like Assaj Ventress and Barriss Offee, and he's also ripped town an entire signal tower with TK, and tipped entire fortresses. He's fought armies while blindfolded, and was alluded to possibly being the most powerful Jedi that had ever lived. (Though the same source dictates Yoda was in fact the most powerful avatar of the light.)

I mean, do you really think Malgus could take two guys like him? big grin

Nephthys
Yes.

Emperordmb
I often flop on who would win between Malgus and Anakin, but with Obi-wan on his side Anakin would win.

S_W_LeGenD
Malgus can overwhelm both with his Force powers and bag a win.

Darth Martin
I say Malgus takes either individually but lacks the refined skill to duel both at the same time.

Stealth Moose
I'd love to see that either one could contend with his OP Force lightning and TK, but I'm a realist.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I say Malgus takes either individually but lacks the refined skill to duel both at the same time.

Malgus was able to duel extremely well against 4 of the TOR protagonists at once. At one point he was ragdolling 3 of them while fighting the 4th.

Malgus is comfortably well above both of them imo.

In terms if lightsaber combat Malgus defeated the Jedi Battlemaster as a mere apprentice and has gone on to fight with and defeat some of the premier duelists of his age and stomp lesser Jedi in blitzes. He's strong enough to snap a mans neck with one hand, crack marble with a fist, kick an armored Sith across a room to snap a pillar in half and was stronger than Aryn Leneer, who could throw Malgus 20 meters with one hand in their duel. He was fast enough to duel evenly with Leneer, who herself was fast enough to appear in multiple places at once and have a millisecond seem like a minute to her. This was before he massively grew in power. Malgus also fought exceptionally well against the Strike Team that defeated him, which was composed of 4 of the finest fighters of the era. Malgus can hold his own in a lightsaber fight.

In terms of the Force, he clearly blows these two out of the water. Malgus can tossed around Jedi like Satele Shan and Aryn Leneer in combat, both exceptionally powerful Jedi with feats like shattering blast doors and throwing a 6 car cargo tram. wink While wounded extensively, Malgus had a Jedi collapse two buildings on top of him with the Force. Malgus held up the rubble of the buildings and blew it away, before proceeding to snap the neck of the Jedi's fellow Jedi and overpower the first Jedi's lightsaber defense with Force Lightning, blowing holes in his body. He's also killed 3 Jedi with a single blast of lightning, exploded a huge column with a Force Scream and killed a Jedi with a blast of Force power in the Sack of Coruscant. After this he experiences a huge boost in power, whereby before Aryn Leneer was able to block his lightning in midair, afterwards he casually overwhelms her and subdues her with lightning, with lightsabers both times. Malgus was also a master of the Force Maelstrom technique, where he would form a protective bubble around himself and assault his opponents with telekinesis and lightning. Lastly in the False Emperor Flashpoint in TOR, Malgus was able to toss the Strike Team around with a Force Wave at the start of the fight, brought the Imperial Strike Team to their knees with lightning and at one point was ragdolling 3 members while dueling with the 4th. Considering the level of his opponents in that duel, that's an astounding feat.

All in all, Malgus is a dominating duelist and an overwhelming Force adept. He should be more than capable of defeating thesee two. Should he need to, he can always bust out the Force Maelstrom to deal with them handily imo.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
At his peak his Force Screams were powerful enough to cause a 90x30 meter dome to implode.

It was only 90 meters in circumference. Which is about 30 meters in diameter which is about the length of a basketball court.

Emperordmb
Ragdolling Cipher 9 and the Champion isn't all that great TBH.

Nephthys
Doing it at the same time as ragdolling Darth Nox or the Emperor's Wrath and fighting the other is though. Same with the Jedi counterparts.

Plus the Champion has faced powerful Jedi and Sith without being ragdolled. Malgus doing it is pretty neat.

Based
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ragdolling Cipher 9 and the Champion isn't all that great TBH.

Right, they were ragdolled for the same exact amount of time as the two force users. But it's still impressive for Malgus but more fail on the force users. IF this is canon which is certainly up in the air.

Stealth Moose
You know, if it was say Dooku or Sidious doing the same, there wouldn't be this low balling.

Nephthys
Truth. If Dooku was ragdolling Pre Vizsla, Cad Bane and Windu while fighting Anakin you can bet people would be jizzing on that.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Truth. If Dooku was ragdolling Pre Vizsla, Cad Bane and Windu while fighting Anakin you can bet people would be jizzing on that.

Gameplay is n-canon bruh.

Nephthys
Scripted events aren't.

Lord Stark
Scripted events aren't.

I'd say that's true of TFU since they are basically extended cutscenes, not convinced for TOR, KOTOR, and KOTOR II.

Nephthys
If certain events always occur in a boss battle then I take them as canon. The developers scripted the fight so that Malgus always does that stuff at certain points if I am not mistaken.

NewGuy01
You say he did extremely well against the strike team, but there is no evidence supporting this theory. If that's the case then all flashpoint bosses are top-tier, meaning HK-47 could contend with Revan on an even scale, which is obviously not true.

Stealth Moose
Most of the flashpoint bosses after Revan are pretty badass, including a Force wizard who can teleport and shoot fireballs. HK doesn't even compare.

Emperordmb
I certainly wouldn't be. I generally don't find ragdolling non-force users to be that impressive when comparing force feats. I also have Malgus ranked above Dooku. Also keep in mind that I still count his force showings against Nox and the Wrath to be impressive.

I will not deny that some people however would be experiencing sexual pleasure at such a feat from Dooku.

Nephthys
You say he did extremely well against the strike team, but there is no evidence supporting this theory. If that's the case then all flashpoint bosses are top-tier, meaning HK-47 could contend with Revan on an even scale, which is obviously not true.

Other than ragdolling 3 of them at once, you mean? Furthermore, all of Malgus dialogue during the duel is confident, without any strain or weakness in his voice.

NewGuy01
1.) Something that happens during gameplay isn't canon unless deemed so by the developers, which it has not been.

2.) Are you seriously kidding me? All bosses in all decent video games spout out confident taunting lines throughout your battles, this isn't evidence towards anything.

Nephthys
1) Scripted events are canonical. They are not game mechanics, they are events which the developers coded to always occur in the fights.

2) Most bosses represent good fights in video games. Thats why they're bosses. no expression

Stealth Moose
Sidious ragdolls guards, furthermore chokes the shit out of Savage and Maul.

Collective forum jizzes their pants.

Malgus ragdolls two muggles while choking one of two ridiculously powerful Force users (noted by devs as specifically being the "best of their generation/in the galaxy) while still maintaining the concentration to fight the remaining combatant.

Collective forum mehs, lowballs. Claims other team has bias.

You guys ****ing crack me up sometimes.

Lord Stark
If certain events always occur in a boss battle then I take them as canon. The developers scripted the fight so that Malgus always does that stuff at certain points if I am not mistaken.

So...HK-47, and random Dark Council members give the HoT more trouble than the Emperor?

Based
1) Scripted events are canonical. They are not game mechanics, they are events which the developers coded to always occur in the fights.

2) Most bosses represent good fights in video games. Thats why they're bosses. no expression

It's feasible for this event to happen limitless amount of times depending on how good your healer is and if you can't use grenades correctly to put Malgus down the hole.

It's canoncity is very much in the air.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Collective forum jizzes their pants.

Malgus ragdolls two muggles while choking one of two ridiculously powerful Force users (noted by devs as specifically being the "best of their generation/in the galaxy) while still maintaining the concentration to fight the remaining combatant.

You guys ****ing crack me up sometimes.
Please tell me if I am included in your bias accusation, because I feel the same way about both of their feats.

Malgus ragdolling the two non-force sensitives, not that impressive. Malgus chokes one of the force sensitive protags, impressive.

Sidious chokes two mandalorians, not that impressive.
Sidious ragdolls Maul and Savage, impressive.

I cannot see how I am holding them at different standards here.

Based
Yeah what Malgus did, regardless of whether or not it is canon is impressive. What's not impressive are the two force classes getting tooled so easily.

carthage
Why would you think he could fight them both at once Neph?

You're smarter than that.

He'd take out Kenobi with mild difficulty, but against Anakin I don't think he could do it IDK.

Intrepid37
Team utterly trounces him.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Please tell me if I am included in your bias accusation, because I feel the same way about both of their feats.

Malgus ragdolling the two non-force sensitives, not that impressive. Malgus chokes one of the force sensitive protags, impressive.

Sidious chokes two mandalorians, not that impressive.
Sidious ragdolls Maul and Savage, impressive.

I cannot see how I am holding them at different standards here.

Consider the analogy in a general sense:

It is an impressive feat that Sidious has accomplished (I even thought it was a badass high showing) and no one low-balls it or poo-poos it.

Malgus does something similar (and to be fair, either Nox or the Emperor's Wrath are better Force users than Maul or especially Savage) and there's a considerable amount of nay-saying, downplaying, etc.

That's a double-standard. Whether or not you think I'm talking directly to you is quite frankly, irrelevant (I'm not; I didn't have you in mind) The general point still stands. A large majority of SW fans are film fans first, and will always favor film continuity over EU.

I don't share that viewpoint. Amusingly, I have been accused of hating film continuity, but this is bogus. The OT is for me, the purest form of Star Wars, and although I have some major issues with the PT (if only from years of analyzing it on these forums) I still read and enjoyed a good bit of PT EU, as well as watching all of the PT films many, many times.

I just don't see the point of coming to an EU sub-forum and belittling any combatant the moment he/she comes into conflict with a movie character. It's kind of boring and thought-terminating. I also think that a lot of these EU champions, villains and so on are meant to be comparable to movie champions and villains and are sometimes colored with themes or motifs to remind us of that fact. To write them off as inferior because they aren't in live-motion or they "exist in a video game" makes me ask "Why even include the characters in the first place if you aren't willing to discuss them objectively?"

So, take that for what you will. This is not my first time in a SW forum, and certainly not my first time debating with other people on the internet of all places. I'm just not rushing to sugar-coat my observations when the bullshit continues unabated.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lord Stark
So...HK-47, and random Dark Council members give the HoT more trouble than the Emperor?

I don't think the Hero has canonically fought HK.

Which Dark Council member?

I don't really know what you're referring to though. What happens in the HK fight? Does he do well?

Originally posted by Based
It's feasible for this event to happen limitless amount of times depending on how good your healer is and if you can't use grenades correctly to put Malgus down the hole.

It's canoncity is very much in the air.

How does that make it plausibly non-canonical? Why could it not just be Malgus using the same tactic over and over? I mean, I probably wouldn't say that it happens loads of times, but the fact remains that it always happens in the fight.

Originally posted by carthage
Why would you think he could fight them both at once Neph?

You're smarter than that.

He'd take out Kenobi with mild difficulty, but against Anakin I don't think he could do it IDK.

Because Dooku could and Malgus is better than Dooku.

Apparently not. You must be so disappointed in me.

Malgus would one-shot Kenobi then ragdoll Anakin while telling him that he hasn't had this much fun since the Sack of Coruscant.

Stealth Moose
Malgus would one-shot Kenobi then ragdoll Anakin while telling him that he hasn't had this much fun since the Sack of Coruscant.

I lol'd so hard.

Lord Stark
I don't think the Hero has canonically fought HK.

Which Dark Council member?

I don't really know what you're referring to though. What happens in the HK fight? Does he do well?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Soverus

He lasts a good amount of time. And Grand Moff Kilran gives the Republic Team a good fight.

Nephthys
Man, they're really going through Dark Council members. erm

What makes you think he lasts a long time, other than having a big healthbar? Anyway, sometimes dudes can just be really annoying to fight and take a while to die. It doesn't mean they're necessarily that great. Lukes fought people like that tons.

I don't recall anything about Kilran that suggested a good fight. Plus didn't he have some guys helping him?

Stealth Moose
I would hope so. Kilran being anything but a flunky boss would be utterly stupid.

Nephthys
He has this stupid high-powered sniper and a ton of elite goons but that's all I can remember.

Stealth Moose
I need bros to go work on elite flashpoints. My SI is just chilling his heels, doing DLC material to hit level cap.

S_W_LeGenD
http://cdn.niketalk.com/5/52/527d93cf_883415.gif

http://www.writingwinters.com/wp-content/uploads/ani-chuck_norris-thumbs_up.gif

The_Tempest

It is an impressive feat that Sidious has accomplished (I even thought it was a badass high showing) and no one low-balls it or poo-poos it.

Malgus does something similar (and to be fair, either Nox or the Emperor's Wrath are better Force users than Maul or especially Savage) and there's a considerable amount of nay-saying, downplaying, etc.

That's a double-standard. Whether or not you think I'm talking directly to you is quite frankly, irrelevant (I'm not; I didn't have you in mind) The general point still stands. A large majority of SW fans are film fans first, and will always favor film continuity over EU.

I don't share that viewpoint. Amusingly, I have been accused of hating film continuity, but this is bogus. The OT is for me, the purest form of Star Wars, and although I have some major issues with the PT (if only from years of analyzing it on these forums) I still read and enjoyed a good bit of PT EU, as well as watching all of the PT films many, many times.

I just don't see the point of coming to an EU sub-forum and belittling any combatant the moment he/she comes into conflict with a movie character. It's kind of boring and thought-terminating. I also think that a lot of these EU champions, villains and so on are meant to be comparable to movie champions and villains and are sometimes colored with themes or motifs to remind us of that fact. To write them off as inferior because they aren't in live-motion or they "exist in a video game" makes me ask "Why even include the characters in the first place if you aren't willing to discuss them objectively?"

So, take that for what you will. This is not my first time in a SW forum, and certainly not my first time debating with other people on the internet of all places. I'm just not rushing to sugar-coat my observations when the bullshit continues unabated.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/11ee3b6e08f5044a89ef7a5832ff19de/tumblr_mewbsy38O61rfkogxo1_500.gif

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The_Tempest
http://31.media.tumblr.com/11ee3b6e08f5044a89ef7a5832ff19de/tumblr_mewbsy38O61rfkogxo1_500.gif

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/05/20/madmenjig.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

SIDIOUS 66

What makes Palpatine's dominance over the bros so impressive, is that he so easily overpowered them in an area that they each excel at--TK. Both Maul and Savage have ragdolled other force users left and right, among other displays of destructive feats. Maul, in particular, has casually choked Kenobi while at the same time fighting off another jedi. Yet both Maul and Savage together were completely defenseless when Palpatine had them pinned to the wall, despite their extreme effort to break free. Palpatine proved that he could have ended them with TK alone.

You were lowballing Sidious the other day, and insinuated Vitiate was more powerful by bringing up Vitiate's off-panel/off-screen feats, while completely ignoring all of his onscreen combat showings. When it came to Palpatine, you brought up his lower showings while ignoring his better ones, most of which actually happen onscreen/on-panel.

The difference is. Most of the PT fans ignored your claims because they were silly.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
What makes Palpatine's dominance over the bros so impressive, is that he so easily overpowered them in an area that they each excel at--TK. Both Maul and Savage have ragdolled other force users left and right, among other displays of destructive feats. Maul, in particular, has casually choked Kenobi while at the same time fighting off another jedi. Yet both Maul and Savage together were completely defenseless when Palpatine had them pinned to the wall, despite their extreme effort to break free. Palpatine proved that he could have ended them with TK alone.

Which I even admitted. So I'm not meh-ing (I liked the showing), I'm not low-balling either.

Meanwhile, Malgus' casual multi-tasking (TKing three individuals, one of which is a considerable Force user while keeping concentration to duel the remaining considerable Force user) is being low-balled and downplayed.

SIDIOUS 66
I made an edit to the post because I accidently submitted my reply before finishing.

Stealth Moose
Can you provide instances of what I low-balled/didn't show?

SIDIOUS 66
SM, I skimmed the entire thread just now, and I haven't seen anyone lowballing Malgus overpowering powerful force users. In fact, I hardly ever see anyone lowballing characters from that era. But, you, however continuously lowball Sidious, and make claims that Vitiate is more powerful by bringing up feats of his that we know little to nothing about, feats Vitiate doesn't display while he is in actual combat. Combat-wise, Palpatine trumps Vitiate if we compare their actual onscreen combat feats.

SIDIOUS 66
Can you provide instances of what I low-balled/didn't show?

Palpatine lost a duel to Luke; Vitiate one shots the entire dark council and eats planets.

Stealth Moose
SM, I skimmed the entire thread just now, and I haven't seen anyone lowballing Malgus overpowering powerful force users. In fact, I hardly ever see anyone lowballing characters from that era. But, you, however continuously lowball Sidious, and make claims that Vitiate is more powerful by bringing up feats of his that we know little to nothing about, feats Vitiate doesn't display while he is in actual combat. Combat-wise, Palpatine trumps Vitiate if we compare their actual onscreen combat feats.

So basically you're saying:

"I don't see what you're claiming, and you don't debate in my favor normally; therefore, you are wrong."

I'm not debating Palps v. Vitiate here. Don't sidetrack.

Stealth Moose
Palpatine lost a duel to Luke; Vitiate one shots the entire dark council and eats planets.

So Palpatine didn't lose a duel to pre-NJO Luke? I lied?

Here, this might help:

http://www.balmexadult.com/images/product-shot.png

SIDIOUS 66
So basically you're saying:

"I don't see what you're claiming, and you don't debate in my favor normally; therefore, you are wrong."

No, I'm saying that Vitiate's most impressive feats are either via a ritual, or things we don't even see. He didn't one shot Revan or Hot. His best combat showing that we actually get to see, is him defeating four jedi masters with lightning, which didn't happen in one-shot, it was two prolonged shots, with some of the jedi tanking it for some seconds. Don't get me wrong, it is impressive, and it's a display of force dominance that only an extremely powerful force user can pull off.

I'm not debating Palps v. Vitiate here. Don't sidetrack.

I know you're not. I just want to know why you continuously accuse others of lowballing when you do the same. And when you do do it, no one really complains about it as you are doing here.

Stealth Moose
No, I'm saying that most impressive feats are either via a ritual, or things we don't even see. He didn't one shot Revan or Hot. His best combat that we actually get to see, is him defeating four jedi masters with lightning, which didn't happen in one-shot, it was two prolonged shot, with some of the jedi tanking it for some seconds. Don't get me wrong, it is impressive, and it's a display of force dominance that only an extremely powerful force user can pull off.

K.

Then why bring it up?

As he complains.

Lowballing EU characters is damn near endemic in this place, bro. But if the same happens to movie characters, by god, it's a tragedy and the offender is a vile person.

Let's cut to the point:

1. Do you, after having perused the argument at hand, think that Malgus' feat is not comparable to the one of Sidious' that I both used as an example and did not lowball?

2. If no, why specifically?

SIDIOUS 66
So Palpatine didn't lose a duel to pre-NJO Luke? I lied?

He did, yes.

Here, this might help:

http://www.balmexadult.com/images/product-shot.png

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Stealth Moose
He did, yes.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Your deadpan made me laugh, thank you so much.

SIDIOUS 66
Then why bring it up?

I just explained why.

Lowballing EU characters is damn near endemic in this place, bro. But if the same happens to movie characters, by god, it's a tragedy and the offender is a vile person.

I don't see it. In fact, Tempest (a PT fan) holds Revan on a higher level than Dooku, and personally I don't see how. So tell me which users do the lowballing?

1. Do you, after having perused the argument at hand, think that Malgus' feat is not comparable to the one of Sidious' that I both used as an example and did not lowball?

So far, no. Palpatine wasn't trying, really, and if he was, he could have ended them in seconds with just the force. While I was under the impression that Malgus was trying to kill his opponents. I need more feats from the force user Malgus did overpower. For all I know, Maul's feat of choking Kenobi while fighting off other jedi might be comparable, and we know Maul is a bug to Sidious.

Intrepid37
If Malgus really was so much more powerful as to casually ragdoll them, it doesn't make sense he lost the fight.

SIDIOUS 66
Your deadpan made me laugh, thank you so much.

lol

Nephthys
I need more feats from the force user Malgus did overpower.

My Hero of Tython respect thread.
Barsen'thor Respect thread
Darth Nox Respect thread.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ's Emperor's Wrath Respect thread.

It was one of these guys.

chilled monkey

"Applauds."

Well said.

Stealth Moose
I just explained why.

I don't see it. In fact, Tempest (a PT fan) holds Revan on a higher level than Dooku, and personally I don't see how. So tell me which users do the lowballing?

So far, no. Palpatine wasn't trying, really, and if he was, he could have ended them in seconds with just the force. While I was under the impression that Malgus was trying to kill his opponents. I need more feats from the force user Malgus did overpower. For all I know, Maul's feat of choking Kenobi while fighting off other jedi might be comparable, and we know Maul is a bug to Sidious.

Fair enough. I understand where you're coming from.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Malgus can overwhelm both with his Force powers and bag a win.
Credit for quotes go to my homeboy NewGuy01:

Malgus is not taking Anakin, let alone Anakin with Kenobi.

Nephthys
Lol, Malgus pwned a Jedi who collapsed two large buildings on top of him, while he was injured and after he'd held up and blasted away the rubble of those two buildings. This was before he recieved a huge boost in Deceived or became the Emperor as of Swtor. Furthermore, the caliber of the Force user's he was choking, blasting away or bringing to their knees with lightning in TOR are at or above Anakin's level. And unlike them, Anakin has only Kenobi for back up.

As to that feat, it is not as impressive as you seem to regard it as. For one thing, the dome is not as large as I think you're imagining it as. It is only the size of a basketball court in diameter. Large, but I must diagree with the text calling it enormous. As for Anakin collapsing it, well, that word speaks for itself. Anakin did not shatter or destroy the dome, he caused it to collapse. Have you not heard of a thing called structural integrity? What seems to have occurred is that Anakin damaged the dome enough that it collapsed under its own weight.

This is impressive, but at best (and I really mean AT BEST) it is only as impressive as the Zabrak Jedi who dropped two buildings on Malgus. And we know how that fight went. wink

Emperordmb
I think it's safe to say that neither Anakin or Malgus would pwn eachother.

Nephthys
Disagree.

DarthAnt66
Anakin is renowned as one of the greatest Jedi in history. How the hell do you disagree?

Nephthys
The Jedi or Sith in the Strike Team were more impressive than Anakin, yet Malgus still punted, zapped or ragdolled them. The Zabrak Jedi performed a feat comparable or eclipsing Anakins, yet Malgus pwned him while wounded and far from his peak. Aryn Leneer threw a 6 car crago tram and blocked un-boosted Malgus' lightning in mid-air, yet Malgus one-shot her after his boost.

Malgus is one of the greatest Sith Lords to ever live. Anakin, by his own older words, was mere potential.

PTforthewin
Anakin due to his plot shield

DarthAnt66
The Jedi or Sith in the Strike Team were more impressive than Anakin, yet Malgus still punted, zapped or ragdolled them. The Zabrak Jedi performed a feat comparable or eclipsing Anakins, yet Malgus pwned him while wounded and far from his peak. Aryn Leneer threw a 6 car crago tram and blocked un-boosted Malgus' lightning in mid-air, yet Malgus one-shot her after his boost.

Malgus is one of the greatest Sith Lords to ever live. Anakin, by his own older words, was mere potential.
Mere potential? His blade moved faster then Dooku, "one of the greatest duelists in galactic history", could really even see. That blue blade was everywhere, flashing and whirling faster and faster until Dooku saw the room through an electric haze...

Nephthys
Good for him. He still gets stomped.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by chilled monkey
"Applauds."

Well said.

I missed thus, sorry. Thank you.

DarthAnt66
http://www.1851project.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/PR6.gif
Someone who can outrun missiles, collapse huge signal towers, defeat one of the greatest duelists in history, then personally be considered one of the greatest in history, while being said to be a "unstoppable warrior" with "no one even being close" to his likes is not getting crushed by Malgus.

Lord Stark
Lol, Malgus pwned a Jedi who collapsed two large buildings on top of him, while he was injured and after he'd held up and blasted away the rubble of those two buildings. This was before he recieved a huge boost in Deceived or became the Emperor as of Swtor. Furthermore, the caliber of the Force user's he was choking, blasting away or bringing to their knees with lightning in TOR are at or above Anakin's level. And unlike them, Anakin has only Kenobi for back up.

As to that feat, it is not as impressive as you seem to regard it as. For one thing, the dome is not as large as I think you're imagining it as. It is only the size of a basketball court in diameter. Large, but I must diagree with the text calling it enormous. As for Anakin collapsing it, well, that word speaks for itself. Anakin did not shatter or destroy the dome, he caused it to collapse. Have you not heard of a thing called structural integrity? What seems to have occurred is that Anakin damaged the dome enough that it collapsed under its own weight.

This is impressive, but at best (and I really mean AT BEST) it is only as impressive as the Zabrak Jedi who dropped two buildings on Malgus. And we know how that fight went. wink

http://makeameme.org/media/created/damage-control-damage.jpg

Stealth Moose
Yeah, he is. Have you read about Malgus in Deception and played TOR?

DarthAnt66
Yeah, he is. Have you read about Malgus in Deception and played TOR?
I read Deception on a car ride to Rehoboth, Deleware, worst book I ever read besides the Plagueis novel.
And yes, I have played TOR (just so I can face Revan, but whatever), and watched all scenes Malgus has displayed in the game, yet my point still holds.

Stealth Moose
So you disregard evidence if you don't like it or it doesn't fit your world view?

DarthAnt66
Ha. Coming from the TOR guy. No, it's because his feats are not as impressive as Anakin's. Call me when he can outrun missiles.

Stealth Moose
You fit in well here.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://www.1851project.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/PR6.gif
Someone who can outrun missiles,

I'd wager Leneer can do the same.

Is this an OCW feat, lol?

collapse huge signal towers,

I don't even remember this but I'm sure its average at best.

defeat one of the greatest duelists in history,

Lol, Zonakin.

then personally be considered one of the greatest in history,

Loads of people have been considered among the greatest in history. It starts to lose its flair after a while.

while being said to be a "unstoppable warrior" with "no one even being close" to his likes is not getting crushed by Malgus.

Hyperbole. Unless you think he's >>> Yoda.

http://makeameme.org/media/created/damage-control-damage.jpg

Explain to me how collapsing the dome is way more impressive than pulling down two buildings. I am honestly curious about this one.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

DarthAnt66
Just know that you will be my Maul as I am Palpatine. I would let you be Vitiate, but I figure you will have better chances surviving as Maul. wink
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-22-2014/vpBC5T.gif

http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/anakin12_800x600.jpg
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/anakin11_800x600.jpg
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/anakin10_800x600.jpg

Nope, it's massive.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121122020203/starwars/images/thumb/b/b7/Mon_Calamari_central_planetary_scanner_mast.png/250px-Mon_Calamari_central_planetary_scanner_mast.png
Watch the second episode from Season 4.

I accept your concession.

Ur just mad because the Hero doesn't have one.

Nearly every quote from TOR is hyperbolic. However, the point is that he's immensely powerful.

Nephthys
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/anakin12_800x600.jpg
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/anakin11_800x600.jpg
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/album/pr/anakin10_800x600.jpg

Guess what? This is my thread, and I'm banning OCW feats.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Shaun-Of-The-Dead-Cheers.gif

Also, I'm not sure if you can super-speed jump and fall......

Nope, it's massive.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121122020203/starwars/images/thumb/b/b7/Mon_Calamari_central_planetary_scanner_mast.png/250px-Mon_Calamari_central_planetary_scanner_mast.png
Watch the second episode from Season 4.

I've seen it. He destroys its supports and takes his sweet ass time doing it too. He's no Barsen'thor.

I accept your concession.

Lol, ok.

Ur just mad because the Hero doesn't have one.

Grr.

Nearly every quote from TOR is hyperbolic. However, the point is that he's immensely powerful.

So are the other people Malgus has fought and beaten.

Lord Stark

Explain to me how collapsing the dome is way more impressive than pulling down two buildings. I am honestly curious about this one.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

You downplayed the feat heavily. You said it was the side of a basketball court...you are wrong. A regulation court is 94 feet long and 54 feet wide.

The building is 100 feet high and nearly 300 feet wide. To give you a comparison if you laid the Statue of Liberty down it would fit in this dome. That's WAY more impressive than pulling down two generic buildings.

DarthAnt66
Guess what? This is my thread, and I'm banning OCW feats.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Shaun-Of-The-Dead-Cheers.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2837be59837df2a5934d67ae1cec9564/tumblr_mmlgk6f2xB1rcuskoo1_500.gif

That thing is bigger then Barsen'thor's feat.

Care to share the feats for this guy then?:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/tor10.jpg

Nephthys
You downplayed the feat heavily. You said it was the side of a basketball court...you are wrong. A regulation court is 94 feet long and 54 feet wide.

The building is 100 feet high and nearly 300 feet wide. To give you a comparison if you laid the Statue of Liberty down it would fit in this dome. That's WAY more impressive than pulling down two generic buildings.

Nope, its 300 feet IN CIRCUMFERENCE!

http://www.court-records.net/animation/phoenix-objecting.gif

"In the ruined archive hall of LiMerge Power's plasma facility, Count Dooku waited for Kenobi and Skywalker to arrive. The room was enormous by any standard, thirty meters high and three times that in circumference."

Circumference is the distance around a circle. This is a dome we're talking about here. And the diameter of a circle is about a 3rd of its circumference. The diameter is the width of a circle. Therefore the actual width of the dome at all points is only 100 feet, a little over the length of a basketball court!

Stealth Moose
Lol.

Lord Stark
Nope, its 300 feet IN CIRCUMFERENCE!

http://www.court-records.net/animation/phoenix-objecting.gif

Circumference is the distance around a circle. This is a dome we're talking about here. And the diameter of a circle is about a 3rd of its circumference. The diameter is the width of a circle. Therefore the actual width of the dome at all points is only 100 feet, a little over the length of a basketball court!

LOL I thought it said diameter.
28 meter diameter it is then. Whatever.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Cristo_Redentor_Rio_de_Janeiro_4.jpg

It could still fit this inside of it. That's still far more impressive than what? A 3 story building thrown on Malgus. That 30 m dome is as tall as a 10 story building and far wider.

Nephthys
Anakin didn't destroy the building though, he just made the roof begin to collapse. How tall it was is irrelevant.

Also it was 2 buildings on Malgus.

Stealth Moose
Using Jesus to illustrate your point is appeal to authority. Even if he was a carpenter.

Lord Stark
Anakin didn't destroy the building though, he just made the roof begin to collapse. How tall it was is irrelevant.

Also it was 2 buildings on Malgus.

Lol he collapsed the 30 m high dome mate. He pretty much destroyed it.

Two 3 story buildings are still WAY smaller than a single 10 story building.

Nephthys
No, he damaged it enough for it to collapse under its own weight. Theres a difference.

Meanwhile, the Zabrak Jedi pulled down 2 buildings onto the street between them. Damaging a roof and causing it to give in and pulling down the whole building sideways is an extremely different thing. Give me a hammer and I can bash in my roof, but I can't push my house over. Especially so with a dome. Damaging a lower part of a dome could cause the whole thing to fall apart.

Lord Stark
No, he damaged it enough for it to collapse under its own weight. Theres a difference.

Meanwhile, the Zabrak Jedi pulled down 2 buildings onto the street between them. Damaging a roof and causing it to give in and pulling down the whole building sideways is an extremely different thing. Give me a hammer and I can bash in my roof, but I can't push my house over. Especially so with a dome. Damaging a lower part of a dome could cause the whole thing to fall apart.

Prove it collapsed under its own weight, prove that the buildings' foundations were stable. Prove that they were more than two stories high.

Because let me tell you, pulling down two unstable two story buildings in a warzone is far less impressive than collapsing a dome as tall as a 10 story building and as wide as it is tall.

NewGuy01
Yeah, in the long run Malgus could give Anakin a very close fight, but he's not going to win for a majority.

Anakin's TK feats are better than Malgus's. Ragdolling Assaj Ventress's is better than ragdolling no-name mooks. Collapsing a 30 meter tall dome with a scream is better than shattering a column of stone with a scream. Ripping down an enormous signal tower by ripping apart it's supports is better than blowing away a building's worth of rubble. The difference isn't immense, but Anakin is the greater.

And I think you'll have a hard time arguing that the opponents Malgus bested in Decieved are remotely comparable to Tyranus.

Lord Stark
Yeah, in the long run Malgus could give Anakin a very close fight, but he's not going to win for a majority.

Anakin's TK feats are better than Malgus's. Ragdolling Assaj Ventress's is better than ragdolling no-name mooks. Collapsing a 30 meter tall dome with a scream is better than shattering a column of stone with a scream. Ripping down an enormous signal tower by ripping apart it's supports is better than blowing away a building's worth of rubble. The difference isn't immense, but Anakin is the greater.

And I think you'll have a hard time arguing that the opponents Malgus bested in Decieved are remotely comparable to Tyranus.

thumb up

Nephthys
Prove it collapsed under its own weight, prove that the buildings' foundations were stable. Prove that they were more than two stories high.

Because let me tell you, pulling down two unstable two story buildings in a warzone is far less impressive than collapsing a dome as tall as a 10 story building and as wide as it is tall.

That's the meaning of the word 'collapse'. Just look at the quote:

"Dooku!" he howled, with such force and wrath that the ceiling of the vast hall began to collapse."

It says that the ceiling began to collapse. It doesn't say that Anakin shattered the ceiling or destroyed the dome. All that is said is that the ceiling itself began to collapse.

Unless you have proof that it didn't collapse like I said and was merely damaged by Anakin enough to cause that, I think thats all.

Oh, so now its two story buildings, huh? We don't know how big those buildings are, but they would need to be at least 3 story buildings to fall on top of Malgus in the middle of the street. I proved this by walking outside my house and looking at my own two-story building and it wouldn't be able to reach the middle of the road if it fell over, much less bury someone in rubble so high they have to force jump out of wreakage even after blowing rubble into adjacent buildings. Besides which, its described that there is a 'mountain' of rubble on top of Malgus. And the street was large enough for a shuttle to land in.

As for the buildings stability, the only mention of damage is the windows being shattered. Hardly foundational damage. Also foundational damage would only be relevant if the building collapsed downwards. The foundations have nothing to do with this.

I disagree. Its easily as impressive, if not more. In the case of the dome, its own weight would do much of the work. Some large cracks would bring the whole thing down. The height of the building only works against it in this regard. wink That's a lot of roof that needs support, heh. Any damage to that support would cause it to crumble. In comparison the Zabrak pulled two large buildings down into the street. Its an extremely impressive feat. Yet Malgus one-shot the guy while wounded, far from his peak.

I can't believe you're saying that with a straight face.

Yeah man, the PT era is just that good that Malgus ragdolling 3 of its greatest fighters while dueling another is just average in comparison. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anakin's TK feats are better than Malgus's.

No.

Ragdolling Assaj Ventress's is better than ragdolling no-name mooks.

That is easily the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen you say. So now the Hero of Tython, The Barsen'thor, Darth Nox and the Emperor's Wrath are 'no-name mooks', huh?

Collapsing a 30 meter tall dome with a scream is better than shattering a column of stone with a scream.

That alone is true. But irrelevant.

Ripping down an enormous signal tower by ripping apart it's supports is better than blowing away a building's worth of rubble.

The difference is that Anakin took a good minute to perform that feat whereas the Zabarak Jedi pulled down those buildings in seconds. Malgus was running full-pelt down the street yet the buildings still fell on him. So unless the buildings were huge, it could only have taken a few seconds. And Malgus still one-shot the guy with lightning. While Malgus was covered in wounds that would never recover and force him to use life-support. Before Malgus received a massive boost in Decieved. 15 years before his prime.

Hell, watch the damn episode. Anakin destroy ONE strut of ONE support structure and the rest gives out in response. Anakin stops using the Force after that one piece of metal snaps and then the rest breaks afterwards.

Also, they were at the bottom of the ocean. The pressure by itself would do half the work for Skywalker.

The difference isn't immense, but Anakin is the greater.

The difference isn't immense, but it is great. In Malgus' favor.

Aryn Leneer throwing a 6 car cargo tram is about as good as any TK feat the Count has performed. Also she blocked Malgus' lightning in mid-air. The same lightning that blew holes through that Zabrak Jedi's chest after overwhelming his lightsaber defense.

Lord Stark
That's the meaning of the word 'collapse'. Just look at the quote:

"Dooku!" he howled, with such force and wrath that the ceiling of the vast hall began to collapse."

That's even more impressive. The fact that he brought the dome down without taking out the supports means it collapsed due to Anakin's power not structural instability. If a dome collapses in from the top it'd take more than just the top falling in to collapse the whole structure.

Which considering its a dome means Anakin collapsed it. Otherwise only the ceiling would fall in.

Still far more impressive than the two buildings.

Not as impressive dude. Look at the structure of a dome. In order for it to collapse entirely it would take more than just the ceiling falling. Otherwise the dome would just fall into the building, on the contrary the entire structure collapsed.

Nephthys
Um, only the ceiling did fall in?

ares834
Leaning to Malgus here.

NewGuy01
Gameplay is non-canon, and without any confirmation from the developers that this is an exception, you have nothing to combat that.

Oh, but they are.

I was referring to the Zabrak Jedi and the Padawan from the Decieved Novel. The feat you're desperately relying on is an attack Malgus uses in gameplay, which isn't canon--Unless apparently, Nephthys declares it so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't see how, it's a good indicator of their comparative raw power.

1.) That's exactly the point, there is no indicator that the building is any bigger than a house. Also, the fact that Malgus overcame this Jedi Master with lightning is completely unrelated to his TK power, I don't see the relevance of this in the conversation.

2.) Come on. It's been established on many occasions that pain fuels the Dark Side's power, there's no reason his Force strength would be any lesser, especially because it's the best lightning feat he has.

I was referring to the Count's skill with a blade, but I'd still argue Dooku flooring Ventress with a finger and lifting dozens of Obelisk stones is no less impressive than that, and again--Malgus was never able to overpower Leneer with TK.

Lord Stark
Um, only the ceiling did fall in?

Dude the point is dome structure is of perhaps all the structures the least aided by gravity in collapse. If the center of a dome collapses it doesn't destroy the integrity of the rest of the structure.

Nephthys
Why would the center collapse instead of the bottom, the part that's closest to Anakin and would be most affected by his scream?

Nephthys

Lord Stark
Why would the center collapse instead of the bottom, the part that's closest to Anakin and would be most affected by his scream?

Okay then by that logic the Jedi could have just destabilized the foundation of the building and made it collapse. Anakin's feat is still more impressive no matter how you shake it. Especially considering his was with his voice.

Nephthys
He didn't, he pulled them down:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1zybybo.jpg

The Jedi makes a motion of pulling the buildings down. He doesn't just destroy the foundations. Furthermore, he'd need to pull them onto Malgus anyway. If they'd just collapsed they wouldn't fall on him.

Lord Stark
He didn't, he pulled them down:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1zybybo.jpg

The Jedi makes a motion of pulling the buildings down. He doesn't just destroy the foundations. Furthermore, he'd need to pull them onto Malgus anyway. If they'd just collapsed they wouldn't fall on him.

Yes they would they were built onto a hill.

Nephthys
Lol stick out tongue

Lord Stark
Lol stick out tongue

Haha did you miss the whole avalanche part?

Nephthys
Did you miss that they fell from both sides of the street? If it was on a hill, both buildings would fall in the same direction, not both towards Malgus.

Maybe they were on two hills, which met in the middle. stick out tongue

Lord Stark
Did you miss that they fell from both sides of the street? If it was on a hill, both buildings would fall in the same direction, not both towards Malgus.

Maybe they were on two hills, which met in the middle. stick out tongue

^Pretty much. Otherwise the use of the word avalanche is inappropriate.

Nephthys
I can't tell if this is serious or not, lol.

Lord Stark
I can't tell if this is serious or not, lol.

Nah I am. That being said though Anakin's feat is far more impressive.

The buildings were likely not even 10m wide each.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17m143yvkt408gif/original.gif

Nephthys
No, its not. Causing a ceiling to collapse isn't as impressive as ripping down two buildings.

Did you look at my video on the last page? Alderaan buildings are huge.

Lord Stark
No, its not. Causing a ceiling to collapse isn't as impressive as ripping down two buildings.

Did you look at my video on the last page? Alderaan buildings are huge.

Bro, they cannot be as large as the dome.

Also why would he not weaken the foundations first? Also considering the buildings had blown out windows its likely they weren't at peak structural capability.

Nephthys
Combined? Why not? Not that they need to be, pulling down buildings side ways >>> collapsing a ceiling.

Malgus had only just appeared. He had no time to prep like that. Lol, shattered windows = damaged structure?

Nephthys
Also, Dooku mentions ricocheting blasterfire in regards to the dome feat. So I guess it had structural instability too. thumb up

Lord Stark
Combined? Why not? Not that they need to be, pulling down buildings side ways >>> collapsing a ceiling.

Malgus had only just appeared. He had no time to prep like that. Lol, shattered windows = damaged structure?

Because the dude pulled them down when Malgus was 20m away and I doubt he wanted to get caught in the collateral.
Windows oft shatter when bombs are dropped bro. Unless you think someone went around and individually shot out the windows.

Nephthys
Because the dude pulled them down when Malgus was 20m away and I doubt he wanted to get caught in the collateral.
Windows oft shatter when bombs are dropped bro. Unless you think someone went around and individually shot out the windows.

Point. The buildings were still obviously very large though.

Only the street is mentioned as damaged, in that it has craters. Perhaps the force from whatever caused them blew out the windows.

Lord Stark
Point. The buildings were still obviously very large though.

Only the street is mentioned as damaged, in that it has craters. Perhaps the force from whatever caused them blew out the windows.

Which considering bombs cause seismic activity are like to destabilize the foundations of a building built on a peaceful world like Alderaan.

carthage
I like how you guys always discuss tangents not keeping the crux of the debate on "MOAR feats". I'm right at home here, sorry guys carry on!

Nephthys
The foundations have nothing to do with this! The buildings were pulled sideways not out of the ground. The foundations of a building are the very lowest point, barring basements. The buildings fell on top of Malgus. Duuuh! >_<

Syndicate
What is this ROTS Obi Wan could take this and Anakin stomps together they slaughter stomp. Sigh I have some work to do.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Syndicate
ROTS Obi Wan could take this

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/14/1366141531227.jpg

Stealth Moose
Malgus hasn't had this much fun since the Sack of Coruscant.

Intrepid37
Understandable, he was pretty mad there.

Nephthys
Malgus hasn't had this much fun since the Sack of Coruscant.

Anakin is going to feel an Emperor's wrath!

Lord Stark
The foundations have nothing to do with this! The buildings were pulled sideways not out of the ground. The foundations of a building are the very lowest point, barring basements. The buildings fell on top of Malgus. Duuuh! >_<

Yes, but a building that's supports and foundation are weakened will be far easier to bring down than a building that was just built yesterday and didn't have a bomb dropped next to it.

Syndicate
Anakin has superior force strength speed and endurance feats and he is arguably more skilled while Obi Wan's form would help him last throughout the duel or at least slow Malgus down enough for Anakin to take Malgus out. Along with that hello everyone I'm new. ;P

Nephthys
Hey.

I disagree on all your points. Malgus kicked someone through a stone column, was keeping up with Aryn Leneer who was fast enough to seem to be in multiple places at once and had a moment seem like minute to her and Malgus could still fight while grievously injured on Alderaan. Obi-Wan will be no help here as Malgus can take him out with the Force easily.

Yes, but a building that's supports and foundation are weakened will be far easier to bring down than a building that was just built yesterday and didn't have a bomb dropped next to it.

I see absolutely no reason why. And theres no proof the building was structurally weakened at all. You're barking up the wrong tree. If we keep going with this I'll have to start bringing up those ricocheting blaster bolts with regards to Anakin's feat. Possibly having slightly weakened foundations is nothing compared to have blaster bolts being fired into the ceiling at the time Anakin screamed.

Syndicate
Obi Wan is not weak enough in the force to be taken out easily by Malgus who does not have all that impressive feats anyways. Especially when he and Anakin are working together and Anakin outstrips Malgus in almost every way.

Lord Stark

I see absolutely no reason why. And theres no proof the building was structurally weakened at all. You're barking up the wrong tree. If we keep going with this I'll have to start bringing up those ricocheting blaster bolts with regards to Anakin's feat. Possibly having slightly weakened foundations is nothing compared to have blaster bolts being fired into the ceiling at the time Anakin screamed.

And if you did I'd simply say a building having a bomb dropped next to it is going to be far less stable than a building that is shot by a gun.

There is evidence that a bomb was dropped in the vicinity (craters), and that it was in close proximity to the building (windows blown out). Not that it matters because Malgus didn't pull the buildings down...the Jedi did. All Malgus did was emerge from the rubble.

Syndicate
What is the above discussion about?

Nephthys
In a short story a Jedi telekinetically pulls two large buildings down on a heavily wounded Malgus. Malgus holds up the rubble and blows it away before emerging and one-shotting the Jedi with the Force.

They're arguing that Anakin collapsing a dome in Labyrinth of Evil is way more impressive than what that Jedi did.

Obi Wan is not weak enough in the force to be taken out easily by Malgus who does not have all that impressive feats anyways. Especially when he and Anakin are working together and Anakin outstrips Malgus in almost every way.

Obi-Wan was weak enough to be taken out easily by Dooku, he'll be taken out even easier by Malgus. Anakin outstrips Malgus in nothing other than hair.

And if you did I'd simply say a building having a bomb dropped next to it is going to be far less stable than a building that is shot by a gun.

There is evidence that a bomb was dropped in the vicinity (craters), and that it was in close proximity to the building (windows blown out). Not that it matters because Malgus didn't pull the buildings down...the Jedi did. All Malgus did was emerge from the rubble.

I'd ask you to prove that assertion.

The craters and shattered windows could have been from Force use. Malgus blows out windows in Deceived when he punts a crowd away. Malgus held up a veritable mountain of rubble and blew it away with enough force to crash into adjacent buildings and then he pwned that Jedi. It also states that 'Malgus could have ended the Jedi's life in any of several ways, but needed the satisfaction of a lightsaber kill.' So it's not as if he couldn't have beaten him with TK if he'd wanted to.

Intrepid37
That's not really true, Neph.

Nephthys
I never lie.

Syndicate
Dooku was a far superior force wielder and duelist then Obi Wan and also managed to take him by surprise. Malgus is nowhere near the level of skill in either the force or dueling then Dooku was. Along with that Anakin has cracked the stone underneath Ventress from the sheer force of his blows which far exceed any strength feats Malgus has he has also ran so fast he could only be seen as a blur and has created afterimages from how fast he's swung his blade. He has also had far greater Telekinetic feats as he's moved ships and huge boulders and collapsed temples before.

carthage

Lol

Kenobi has been consistently taken out by force attacks from just about every darksider in CW. He has very weak force defenses, and he's a comparable duelist to Malgus. If he gets hit by a TK wave from Malgus he's gonna get hurt, and Malgus has better non PIS/less stalemates and inconclusive duel showings than Kenobi. Kenobi fought the same people over and over without beating them, won duels simply because the plot demanded it, and has weak force defense as highlighted by him getting taken out by Dooku, Ventress, Maul, and Savage proves more or less he can't do anything against Malgus's formidable TK

Stealth Moose
Malgus has killed people in saber combat ten times faster than Kenobi, so I'm not sure how he is "comparable".

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
Lol

Kenobi has been consistently taken out by force attacks from just about every darksider in CW. He has very weak force defenses, and he's a comparable duelist to Malgus. If he gets hit by a TK wave from Malgus he's gonna get hurt, and Malgus has better non PIS/less stalemates and inconclusive duel showings than Kenobi. Kenobi fought the same people over and over without beating them, won duels simply because the plot demanded it, and has weak force defense as highlighted by him getting taken out by Dooku, Ventress, Maul, and Savage proves more or less he can't do anything against Malgus's formidable TK

Regardless of whether it was for the plot or not Obi Wan has beaten enemies like Ventress before same as she's beaten him and I don't recall Savage or him ever fighting or if they did for more then a moment then there was no conclusive Windu. Maul was a far superior opponent and the reason he got beaten in the force was because though he wasn't impossibly far below his enemies he was not as powerful in the force. Obi Wan is a capable enough duelist to hold off Malgus for a while and I agree he would be beaten eventually but with Anakin together they stomp and in fact Anakin alone stomps.

Syndicate
Malgus has killed people in saber combat ten times faster than Kenobi, so I'm not sure how he is "comparable".
Correction Malgus has killed unnamed and featless Jedi 10 times faster then Obiwan.

carthage
And Kenobi has only beaten his major duels like Maul (TPM) and Darth Vader (ROTS) due to PIS/plot armor.

People really overrate him as a fighter, he's good but he isn't that good.

Intrepid37
I never lie.
The Jedi was feigning weakness, so Malgus musing that he could kill him in several ways doesn't apply.

Syndicate
I didn't say he was some sort of godly duelist I just said that his defense would allow him to keep pace or at least survive against Malgus for quite a while before falling and with Anakin there it's a stomp.

Stealth Moose
Correction Malgus has killed unnamed and featless Jedi 10 times faster then Obiwan.

Obi-Wan lost to newb Ventress in seconds, bro.

You have no argument. So stahp.

Syndicate
When was this? Scans please.
Also what do you mean I have no argument? You have only addressed the fact that Malgus beats Obi Wan alone which I agreed with but you have not yet addressed the fact that Anakin could stomp Malgus alone regardless of Obi Wan's help and adding Obi Wan just makes this spite.

Nephthys
Anakin isn't that much above Obi-Wan, not enough that he'd be stomping Malgus while Obi is getting stomped by him.

Malgus is nowhere near the level of skill in either the force or dueling then Dooku was.

Lol, Malgus ragdolled 3 extremely dangerous fighters, one of which was an incredibly powerful Force user at least on Dooku's level, while fighting another fighter of probably even greater power. Thats a feat of skill and power in the Force that utterly eclipses Dooku's. Malgus can also perform the Force Maelstrom technique, a highly advanced Force power combining 3 abilities at once.

Along with that Anakin has cracked the stone underneath Ventress from the sheer force of his blows which far exceed any strength feats Malgus has

It doesn't exceed them for one thing. For another Anakin did that in the old clone wars cartoons, where everyone was fighting at a much higher level than they normally can.

And Anakin only did that when he got super pissed off.

he has also ran so fast he could only be seen as a blur and has created afterimages from how fast he's swung his blade.

So has Malgus and Aryn Leneer.

He has also had far greater Telekinetic feats as he's moved ships and huge boulders and collapsed temples before.

No, Malgus has greater telekinetic feats like the one I mentioned. He was tossing around Aryn Leneer, a Jedi who threw a 6 car cargo tram with a gesture. He tossed around the Strike Team that fought him too.

Syndicate
Anakin isn't that much above Obi-Wan, not enough that he'd be stomping Malgus while Obi is getting stomped by him.

Anakin is way above Obi Wan in almost every way.

Lol, Malgus ragdolled 3 extremely dangerous fighters, one of which was an incredibly powerful Force user at least on Dooku's level, while fighting another fighter of probably even greater power. Thats a feat of skill and power in the Force that utterly eclipses Dooku's. Malgus can also perform the Force Maelstrom technique, a highly advanced Force power combining 3 abilities at once.

When did he do this? Also what are you referencing when you are saying he did 3 force feats at once?

It doesn't exceed them for one thing. For another Anakin did that in the old clone wars cartoons, where everyone was fighting at a much higher level than they normally can.

It doesn't take away the canonicity of the feat.

And Anakin only did that when he got super pissed off.

So? It's still an impressive strength feat above anything that Malgus has done

So has Malgus and Aryn Leneer.

Do they have sub light speed reactions?

No, Malgus has greater telekinetic feats like the one I mentioned. He was tossing around Aryn Leneer, a Jedi who threw a 6 car cargo tram with a gesture. He tossed around the Strike Team that fought him too.

I believe collapsing a building and flinging around boulders the size of Hutt's and entire ships beats flinging people around. Also just because a force user has lifted things with the force doesn't add to how much they way or make it harder to move them with the force.

Stealth Moose
They're breeding like tribbles.

Assuming you're not an Intrepid sock (in which case I've said this before) go read The Cestus Deception, Syndicate.

Syndicate
I have read and I own the book.

Nephthys
Then you should know that its very impressive to toss a force user around because they have Force defenses you need to overcome. So Malgus tossing and ragdolling powerful Force users is more impressive than Anakin throwing a rock.

Syndicate
As has been evidenced in multiple novels and in the TCW cartoon overcoming a force users defenses as evidenced by Savage briefly overwhelming the far superior Dooku and Ventress and then right after Anakin and Obi Wan along with Maul dominating Obi Wan with the force multiple times it is possible to surprise a force sensitive opponent and briefly overwhelm them even it they're stronger then you. Also you did not respond to the fact that flinging people around is not the equivalent of collapsing a temple or flinging around Hutt sized rocks or starships.

Nephthys
Savage didn't just surprise them, he was holding them up and choking them. They had time to react and start resisting him, he was just enraged and empowered. Similarly, Maul levitated Kenobi into the air. He could resist.

Malgus ragdolled people for an extended period during a fight. They weren't surprised and had ample time to resist his Force hold. Likewise when he smacked the Strike Team back he leapt right in front of them and gave them time to react before pushing them back. Just like how he overpowered Aryn during a duel when her defenses would be up.

I did response to that "fact." By pointing out that smacking around a powerful Force user is more impressive.

This is getting tedious. When you came here and said you had a lot of work to do I assumed you knew your stuff, not that I'd have to explain basic concepts like this to you.

Syndicate
You don't have to explain anything to me. I know about Magus's capabilities and his speed strength endurance skill and force power are not on comparable levels to Anakin and adding Obi Wan into this makes it spite. Anakin has also overpowered force based opponents and due to Savage's amp from force rage he was able to accomplish this feat along with surprise he was still not able to keep up the feat for long as he had to drop them and run away before they had a chance to retaliate. Also would you put this Aryn on the same level as Malgus?

Nephthys
Aryn was doing extremely well against Malgus when they fought in Deceived, managing to hit him twice with her lightsabers but in their second duel Malgus received an epiphany and achieved a state of oneness with the darkside. After this he was able to easily defeat Aryn with lightning. For a comparison, in their first duel Aryn blocked Malgus' lightning with her lightsabers while in midair. After Malgus received this boost he 'almost casually' overpowers her lightsaber defense and knocks her out with lightning.

That state of oneness wasn't a 1 time deal either, Malgus permanently grew much more powerful in that fight.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>