Uliq Qel'Droma vs Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
CW Anakin, most current version.

They fight on board the Titanic.

Stealth Moose
Ulic.

Intrepid37
Uliq is pre-PT/EU. His victory is assured.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Uliq is pre-PT/EU. His victory is assured.

Or you know, just that good despite not being live-acted.

Astor Ebligis
Ulic's a good league beyond Anakin when it comes to lightsaber duelling and wins pretty easily imo.

Nephthys
I wouldn't say he's a league above Anakin. Dooku isn't a league above Anakin and he's one of the best duelists in Star Wars.

Oh yeah and Uliq has his armor, lightsaber and Sith amulet thing. Anakin has his standard equipment too.

Astor Ebligis
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dooku isn't a league above Anakin and he's one of the best duelists in Star Wars.

Do not agree with either of that.

Dooku is a high level duelist but not on the level of the greats. Yoda certainly completely outclasses him if we go by their fight on Vjun.

Anakin, when not in the zone, is a good league below Dooku imo.

DarthAnt66
CW Anakin, most current version.

They fight on board the Titanic.
I like how you specified no OCW Anakin.
Regardless, Anakin takes this, despite Ulic's legendary feat against Mandalore that seemingly no one seen before I posted the scan, which is embarrassing to say the least.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Do not agree with either of that.

Dooku is a high level duelist but not on the level of the greats. Yoda certainly completely outclasses him if we go by their fight on Vjun.

Anakin, when not in the zone, is a good league below Dooku imo.

I meant in terms of skill.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I like how you specified no OCW Anakin.

Yep, no OCW feats.

Stealth Moose
In terms of visible technique, Dooku's fighting is the best in the mythos. But broadly speaking, he would only be in the top single digit per cent. It doesn't help that he's a lot older than his competition.

Tzeentch
I'm assuming Ulic has some BAMF accolades in TOR, because going off of Tales of the Jedi, he loses.

Stealth Moose
Read them again, preferably with both hands on the cover and not in Nemebro's pants.

Intrepid37
Anakin wins. Feat to feat without inference, he absolutely wrecks Uliq. With inference, it's a good fight but Anakin still wins just about every time.

Tzeentch
Oh right, he sort-of held his own against that featless wonder cat woman without access to the force. I guess he's a world class duelist and makes Anakin his ***** then.

Nephthys
She'd destroyed an entire colony of car-sized beetle warriors, including a building-sized queen a few dozen pages before she fought Uliq.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Oh right, he sort-of held his own against that featless wonder cat woman without access to the force. I guess he's a world class duelist and makes Anakin his ***** then.

http://www.gofitcoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/blinders.jpg

Tzeentch
Indeed. One-shotting a bunch of mindless bugs that displayed no impressive speed or durability with your lightsaber and superhuman reflexes is arguably the greatest indication of dueling skill we've seen thus far in the mythos.

Stealth Moose
Indeed. One-shotting a bunch of mindless bugs that displayed no impressive speed or durability with your lightsaber and superhuman reflexes is arguably the greatest indication of dueling skill we've seen thus far in the mythos.

He also evenly matched Exar Kun, was noted in the narration as a "master swordsman", and was actually on the mend at the time of the battle.

Plus doing that well against a pissed off Jedi when you haven't touched the Force or a sword in years is pretty impressive. Go reread it.

Intrepid37
Agen Kolar is noted by narration as a ''master swordsman''.

Stealth Moose
And proven in-film to be a moron.

Ulic actually fared much better against Exar "I kill Jedi Masters for lulz" Kun.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
He also evenly matched Exar Kun, was noted in the narration as a "master swordsman", and was actually on the mend at the time of the battle.

Plus doing that well against a pissed off Jedi when you haven't touched the Force or a sword in years is pretty impressive. Go reread it. The fight had no conclusion. It lasted all of three seconds and then was interrupted by Ragnos. Ashoka lasted longer than that against Grievous.

I never said it wasn't impressive, and I think this represents the crux of all arguments regarding the TotJ characters. Yes, obviously he's a badass; I don't think it's up for debate that Ulic is a master swordsman. But so is Anakin. So while it might be inarguable that Ulic is a badass, what is arguable is if he's enough of a badass to top Anakin.

The answer to which, as I see it, is no.

carthage
And proven in-film to be a moron.

I laughed

Nephthys

Kiltik's are dangerous enough that entire sections of Cathar was rendered barren by them, despite the sizable Cathar military. Killing hundreds of these:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081205052914/starwars/images/8/85/Kiltikguard.JPG

At least makes you a good warrior. Sylvar has also held a fat man up with one hand, injured Exar Kun and killed hssiss and Massassi warriors.

The fight had no conclusion. It lasted all of three seconds and then was interrupted by Ragnos.

It was stated that they could stalemate forever.

Intrepid37
Agen being a moron because he's killed by someone better than him is exactly what you're constantly accusing others of: low balling.

Tzeentch
Unless they have a way to not die in one hit by a lightsaber strike, I'm not impressed. I can jump into a lion cage and kill every single lion in it by myself with a shotgun. That doesn't really make me a master soldier. It means lions are no match for a gun. Not saying she isn't a good warrior though.

It was stated that they could stalemate forever.

Purple prose, unless we're to believe that they both have limitless stamina. lol

Stealth Moose
The fight had no conclusion. It lasted all of three seconds and then was interrupted by Ragnos. Ashoka lasted longer than that against Grievous.

I never said it wasn't impressive, and I think this represents the crux of all arguments regarding the TotJ characters. Yes, obviously he's a badass; I don't think it's up for debate that Ulic is a master swordsman. But so is Anakin. So while it might be inarguable that Ulic is a badass, what is arguable is if he's enough of a badass to top Anakin.

The answer to which, as I see it, is no.

3 panels = 3 seconds.

#blaxlogic.

Agen being a moron because he's killed by someone better than him is exactly what you're constantly accusing others of: low balling.

So you mean to tell me he fought intelligently and valiantly?

http://media.tumblr.com/63e2463711472dd376a157ddff6efc27/tumblr_inline_mpth9g3jWn1ro1g0d.gif

Tzeentch
I assume 3 panels equals 3 days in your mind, then?

We can stalemate forever, Janus.

Forever n ever.

Stealth Moose
I assume 3 panels equals 3 days in your mind, then?

We can stalemate forever, Janus.

Forever n ever.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength19Defenders10.jpg

no homo

Nephthys
It was actually 6 panels. wink

Purple prose, unless we're to believe that they both have limitless stamina. lol

It wouldn't surprise me with the amulets. Also, the same thing was said about Windu and Sidious.

Stealth Moose
B... but they are film characters.

Tzeentch
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength19Defenders10.jpg

no homo http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/tumblr_lg21dfH1HV1qctxyyo1_400_zps5e799d10.gif~original

... a little homo.

Nephthys
Anyway, the point is that Ulic (I can't believe I've been misspelling it for so long urgh) fought an enraged powerful Jedi without the Force or having handled a lightsaber in a decade and was able to stalemate Exar "f*ck yo stick" Kun in a "ferocious duel." He's obviously a highly skilled and powerful Jedi at least on Anakin's level.

Tzeentch
Those feats establish that he's a highly skilled and powerful Jedi. They do not establish that he's a highly skilled and powerful Jedi on Anakin's level.

Stealth Moose
So if the situation were reversed, how would you verify that Anakin is on Kun's level?

Besides MOAR FEATS.

Nephthys
Those feats establish that he's a highly skilled and powerful Jedi. They do not establish that he's a highly skilled and powerful Jedi on Anakin's level.

Well they do for me. Dueling a Jedi without the Force is one of the best skill feats in the mythos and we should all know how badass Kun is. Stalemating him puts Ulic at the least on Anakin's level.

Intrepid37
Kun's best feat is beating Vodo, so no, it doesn't.

Stealth Moose
Kun's best feat is beating Vodo, so no, it doesn't.

^ Dat ignorance.

Intrepid37
^ Dat ignorance.
You're worthless.

Stealth Moose
You're worthless.

Said your mother's pimp, every night.

Intrepid37
Said your mother's pimp, every night.
He was lying to make your mom feel better about herself.

Stealth Moose
He was lying to make your mom feel better about herself.

That's not even a good comeback, unless you want to pretend that our moms have the same pimp.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nqM3cdR1gyQ/UzXdozBNahI/AAAAAAAAfFg/CwLwnZtn0iE/w499-h282/what_a_noob.gif

DarthAnt66
He also evenly matched Exar Kun, was noted in the narration as a "master swordsman"
Lame. Exar Kun has better accoaldes then that. "...unparalleled prowess in lightsaber combat" is probably Kun's best.
Also, why is no one mentioning Ulic is "one of the most powerful Sith in history"? Regardless, he's not taking Skywalker

Stealth Moose
Probably because despite his immense power, Ulic didn't do anything impressive once he became a real Sith? His character arc was aborted rather early.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.