Duels Of Fate: General Grevious Vs Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
The famed Jedi killer, Grievous Versus The Jedi battlemaster and master of all seven forms.
So a lot of EU literature often states that Cin Drallig is a master Duelist who is considered on par with Mace Windy, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku, with Dooku stating, that if Grievous were to fight Cin Drallig he would lose(I'm paraphrasing here). Grievous has defeated and killed a great number of skilled duelist like - Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi and many more. This battle will be focused primarily on lightsaber combat, however because Grievous has the advantage of two - to - four combatants, Cin Drallig is allowed to use the Force. The Jedi Murderer or The Swordsman, Who Wins? And why?
First we shall examine both of the combatants Sabers skills.

Cin Drallig is considered to be a formidable lightsaber duelist, who's skill is considered - by the EU literature, on par with Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi and even Count Dooku believed Cin Drallig would be able to defeat General Grievous. He was also able to hold his own against the newly crowned Darth Vader.(many SW fans believe Anakin 'stomped' Drallig with one hand while simultaneously choking Drallig's apprentice, Whie - I believe it was his name, however many should note that - as stated by the former Jedi killer, Atton Rand and HK-47, attacking someone close to a Jedi master it will temporarily disrupt their focus)

General Grievous is considered to be a powerful and formidable lightsaber duellist, who killed and defeated a great deal of both nameless and renowned Jedi masters and padawans, taking on many opponents simultaneously and defeating them with relative ease. And nearly killing Obi-Wan Kenobi who is considered by Mace Windu to be "The Master Of Soresu"

Are the assumptions of Cin Drallig true? Can he defeat Grievous?

Stealth Moose
Cin Drallig, IIRC, was considered a threat to Grievous, and Grievous hasn't really defeated anyone of serious note in combat without PIS or ambush tactics.

Plus Grievous can just get TK'd.

carthage
Which version of Grievous?

Ocw Grievous would pose a serious threat.

Stealth Moose
OCW Coleman Trebor would pose a serious threat.

That miniseries is ****ing retarded and you know it.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
Which version of Grievous?

Ocw Grievous would pose a serious threat.
Both combatants are in their primes.

carthage
It is I agree with you.

But I kinda liked OCW Grievous, lol.

PTforthewin
Grievous gets owned by Obi Wan, Ahsoka on numerous occasions, Kit Fisto, Nahdar Vebb could have defeated grievous if grievous didn't take out his blaster. He also gets pwned by Eeth Koth

carthage
The era of Grievous isn't explicitly defined.

TCW Grievous is a 50/50 chance against Drallig, that is if he doesn't use his force abilities (which remain at length unexplored). In a pure sabers match, its a toss up figuring neither side I'd reckon.

Movie Grievous gets shitcanned though.

PTforthewin
Drallig gave young vader (pre-suite operation knightfall) a tough fight

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Cin Drallig, IIRC, was considered a threat to Grievous, and Grievous hasn't really defeated anyone of serious note in combat without PIS or ambush tactics.

Plus Grievous can just get TK'd.

I don't know if that's canon anymore. The most recent print says Shaak Ti, not Cin Drallig.

carthage
ROTS novelization says Anakin killed Drallig and cut him at the shoulder in a single stride.

Galan007
Real shame what TCW did to Grievous. There was a time when he was considered a legit threat to even the most elite Jedi on his own. Hell, in LoE Grievous fared pretty damn well against Mace himself in sabers--he even developed a version of Vaapad on the fly, after simply watching Mace use it for a few seconds.

However, in light of GG's informal retcon showings in TCW, wherein we see that pretty much any Jedi(or even a decent Padawan) can compete with him, and/or beat him outright, I think Cin would stomp. /shrug

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Galan007
Real shame what TCW did to Grievous. There was a time when he was considered a legit threat to almost any Jedi on his own. Hell, in LoE Grievous fared pretty damn well against Mace himself in sabers--he even developed a version of Vaapad on the fly, after simply watching Mace use it for a few seconds.

However, in light of GG's informal retcon showings in TCW, wherein we see that even a decent Padawan can compete with him, I think Cin would stomp. /shrug

Meh, worst what was done to Cin Drallig over the years.

Fated Xtasy
Real shame what TCW did to Grievous. There was a time when he was considered a legit threat to almost any Jedi on his own. Hell, in LoE Grievous fared pretty damn well against Mace himself in sabers--he even developed a version of Vaapad on the fly, after simply watching Mace use it for a few seconds.

However, in light of GG's informal retcon showings in TCW, wherein we see that even a decent Padawan can compete with him, I think Cin would stomp. /shrug

Wait, wasn't Grievous toying with ahsoka or are you talking about some other padawan?

Galan007
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Meh, worst what was done to Cin Drallig over the years. ?

Nephthys
I'd go with Grievous. I don't see Anakin humiliating him in a lightsaber fight like he did to Drallig.

Lord Stark
?

Cin went from being hailed as the greatest swordmasters in the Order, being hyped by Dooku, and giving Anakin a good fight in the game, to being stomped by Anakin, his hype given to Shaak Ti.

Galan007
To be fair to Cin, he also had clone troopers blasting away at he and his Padawans when Anakin began attacking...

"He watched Cin Drallig and a pair of teenage Padawans-was that Whie, the boy Yoda had brought to Vjun?-backing into the scene, blades whirling, cutting down the advancing clone troopers with deflected bolts. He watched a lightsaber blade flick into the shot, cutting down first one Padawan, then the other. He watched the brisk stride of a caped figure who hacked through Drallig's shoulder, then stood aside as the old Troll fell dying to let the rest of the clones blast the children to shreds."

srug

Nephthys
Jesus Anakin. What a dick.

Lord Stark
^Yeah he's pretty horrible.
To be fair to Cin, he also had clone troopers blasting away at he and his Padawans when Anakin began attacking...

"He watched Cin Drallig and a pair of teenage Padawans-was that Whie, the boy Yoda had brought to Vjun?-backing into the scene, blades whirling, cutting down the advancing clone troopers with deflected bolts. He watched a lightsaber blade flick into the shot, cutting down first one Padawan, then the other. He watched the brisk stride of a caped figure who hacked through Drallig's shoulder, then stood aside as the old Troll fell dying to let the rest of the clones blast the children to shreds."

srug

Yeah that does look better for him.

Fated Xtasy
Wait what happened with Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig?

Lord Stark
^In the LoE reprint Dooku says Shaak Ti would pwn Grievous rather than Cin Drallig...which is pretty silly considering how he treats her in CWs...but hey lol exhaustion.

Eminence
Canon post-Labyrinth of Evil is pretty clear. To stand a chance against any of the stronger swordsmen of his day, Grievous needs to fight on his own terms. He needs surprise and intimidation, and frequently a squad of his Magnaguards. True to form, I think every time he fights an adult in the The Clone Wars his buddies have his back at some point, and without them he gets that ass beat (off the top of my head: by Obi-Wan, Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, and Ventress).

Drallig carves him up.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Stark
^In the LoE reprint Dooku says Shaak Ti would pwn Grievous rather than Cin Drallig...which is pretty silly considering how he treats her in CWs...but hey lol exhaustion.

Exhaustion is a factor with non-droids smile

And there is the matter that other sources give Shaak much more accolades. The Force Unleashed not only had the Starkiller fight, but says that in the Temple assault, she actually clashed with and escaped from Anakin (!).

She's also been in a couple comics centered around her, while Dralliq has never been a focus on a story.

carthage
Its kind of hard to gauge how skilled Drallig is, on one hand that "best ov teh 0rder" quote has been debunked numerous times, he died in one hit against Anakin, and has no force feats, and or dueling feats.

I guess he'll take Grievous out with a Sock em bopper though

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Eminence
Canon post-Labyrinth of Evil is pretty clear. To stand a chance against any of the stronger swordsmen of his day, Grievous needs to fight on his own terms. He needs surprise and intimidation, and frequently a squad of his Magnaguards. True to form, I think every time he fights an adult in the The Clone Wars his buddies have his back at some point, and without them he gets that ass beat (off the top of my head: by Obi-Wan, Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, and Ventress).

Drallig carves him up.

Nope. He frequently either gives Obi trouble or puts him on his ass. Against Eeth Koth he didn't even use all his sabers, Fisto legit had him on the ropes, Ventress was on a nexus.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Q99
Exhaustion is a factor with non-droids smile

And there is the matter that other sources give Shaak much more accolades. The Force Unleashed not only had the Starkiller fight, but says that in the Temple assault, she actually clashed with and escaped from Anakin (!).

She's also been in a couple comics centered around her, while Dralliq has never been a focus on a story.

Yeah I heard about that, but I did not know that Cin's literally only accolade had been given Shaak Ti( huge fan of her so yay!) Kind sucks for Drallig considering he was soo overhyped by Dooku

Galan007
^ For what it's worth, the RotS game guide(which was very difficult to find in downloadable format, btw) also fluffs Cin up tremendously:
http://i.imgur.com/To4XE0h.jpg

Fated Xtasy
^ For what it's worth, the RotS game guide(which was very difficult to find in downloadable format, btw) also fluffs Cin up tremendously:
http://i.imgur.com/To4XE0h.jpg

Game is not canon as it has been stated that he dies along with Whie. Unfortunately. I mean RotS game isn't Canon - something, I'm sure you know. Still, it is nice to see some form of praise for Drallig. But oh well Shaak Ti gets his ONLY accolade its fine with me.

Galan007
Sure, his battle with Anakin in the game is non-canon, but that doesn't make the accolades given to him in that profile non-canon.

DarthAnt66
"An esteemed Jedi Master and a swordsman of great skill..."
-Star Wars Databanks

"Do I need to demonstrate what responses you can expect from Cin Drallig or Obi-Wan Kenobi? From Mace Windu or, stars help you, Yoda?"
-Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil

"Deep within the Jedi Temple, an incredibly skilled swordsman and Jedi Master named Cin Drallig and his student Whie prepares for Vader's coming."
-Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Video Game

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/dralli10.jpg
-Star Wars Insider 87: Casually Report Order 66

However, this doesn't change the fact that Anakin one-shoted him.
"Stone-faced, Obi-Wan watched younglings run into the room, fleeing a storm of blasterfire; he watched Cin Drallig and a pair of teenage Padawans-was that Whie, the boy Yoda had brought to Vjun?-backing into the scene, blades whirling, cutting down the advancing clone troopers with deflected bolts. He watched a lightsaber blade flick into the shot, cutting down first one Padawan, then the other. He watched the brisk stride of a caped figure who hacked through Drallig's shoulder, then stood aside as the old Troll fell dying to let the rest of the clones blast the children to shreds."
-Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.