Replace That Super Hero! EP1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
Contestants:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Garfield Spiderman
Beast

Tasks:

They replace Steve Rogers

Captain America: The First Avenger

Avengers

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Who gets furthest?
Why?

God Cloth Seiya
Cap>Beast
Cap>cyclops unless cyclops can hit him
Spiderman>cap
Wolverine>Cap not in tactics mind you but in a striaght up fight he should win.

Silent Master
None of them make it past the Avengers.

maxivitopowe
Edited for clarity

God Cloth Seiya
Spiderman and wolverine should

ares834
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Spiderman and wolverine should

thumb up

Robtard
Beast with his genius/future knowledge dropped in the early 1940's would allow America to create superior nuclear bombs much faster and in greater numbers than the Manhattan Project allowed.

So the Allies win WW2 at an accelerated rate. America, **** yeah!

maxivitopowe
Mainly meant the fighting bits

Robtard
Too late.

Psychotron
Spider-man should do it effortlessly.

marwash22
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Mainly meant the fighting bits Originally posted by Robtard
Too late. lol.

rob is a sneaky bastard.

Epicurus
Beast is well, literally a beast. Both in terms of his intellect and physical stats.

marwash22
if they have to do with exact same things Cap did in his movies, Wolverine would be the only one to clear it. The other 3 get taken out my gun fire at some point... unless they get Cap's shield, or are allowed to bring their own defense against guns.

God Cloth Seiya
Spiderman could dodge them wit ease

Lestov16
In order of most successful:
Logan
Peter
Cyclops
Beast

Psychotron
Originally posted by marwash22
if they have to do with exact same things Cap did in his movies, Wolverine would be the only one to clear it. The other 3 get taken out my gun fire at some point... unless they get Cap's shield, or are allowed to bring their own defense against guns.

Spider-man getting taken out by gunfire?

marwash22
Originally posted by Psychotron
Spider-man getting taken out by gunfire? Garfield Spidey, yes.Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Spiderman could dodge them wit ease no.

God Cloth Seiya
He dodged lightning

Lightning > Gun fire

marwash22
cool story.

first off, you have absolutely no proof that lightning shot from Electro travels faster than bullets, and you most certainly don't have any proof that it travels the same speed as natural lightning.

erm

Also, only one person was shooting the lightning at Spidey. There were several times in the three movies where Cap had to contend with multiple people shooting at him.

stop it.

Psychotron
Are you serious? Did you not see him dodge lighting? Or that scene where he saves the people from frying themselves? Or the end where he was blocking Rhino's missiles? Or when he dodged Rhino's automatic fire?

Watch the movie next time.

maxivitopowe
A) Rookie G Spidey managed to dodge point blanc handgun fire and he took out a SWAT team

B) yes they do get the shield and firearms

marwash22
Are you serious? Did you not see him dodge lighting? Or that scene where he saves the people from frying themselves? Or the end where he was blocking Rhino's missiles? Or when he dodged Rhino's automatic fire?

Watch the movie next time. the movie ain't even out yet, you dirty foreigner.

also, "did i see him dodge lightning" does not prove that the lightning he dodge was faster than bullets, or as fast as natural lightning.

your proof, sir?

Psychotron
the movie ain't even out yet, you dirty foreigner.

also, "did i see him dodge lightning" does not prove that the lightning he dodge was faster than bullets, or as fast as natural lightning.

your proof, sir?
You sound mad.

WTF? Why wouldn't it be as fast as normal electricity/lightning? Are you going to assume Thor's lightning isn't as fast the real deal, too?

marwash22
jr_erm01

i'm mad 'cause i asked you to prove an assertion? m'kay.

saying lightning shot from mjolnir or Electro's hand is the exact same as natural lightning is asinine... it's like saying blaster fire from a Star Wars clone trooper gun is ftl simply because it's a laser. c'mon.

I asked a question, if you don't wanna answer it, conversation over, i guess. concession accepted. no big deal.

wink

Psychotron
jr_erm01

i'm mad 'cause i asked you to prove an assertion? m'kay.

I asked a question, if you don't wanna answer it, conversation over, i guess. concession accepted. no big deal.

wink

No, you're mad as indicated by your dirty foreigner remark.

Why wouldn't his electricity be as fast? Has there ever been any case or reason to assume this?

marwash22
No, you're mad as indicated by your dirty foreigner remark. oh. that was a joke. my bad for not dropping a smiley behind it.

Why wouldn't his electricity be as fast? Has there ever been any case or reason to assume this?

you made the claim that Spidey could dodge bullets due to the fact that he dodged lightning from Electro. You made an assertion, it's up to you to back up your claim.

prove his lightning is faster than bullets, you foreign scumbag. stick out tongue

Psychotron
oh. that was a joke. my bad for not dropping a smiley behind it.

Well either way

maxivitopowe
What the hell is slow electricity anyway

marwash22
tell me this, max, do you think Jedi have ftl reflexes?

maxivitopowe
Honestly I haven't seen the movies in years

But from what I remember and games no

maxivitopowe
And why are you asking me?

marwash22
because if you don't think the jedi have ftl reflexes, that means the laser beams they deflect from droids and such are not the same speed as lasers which are faster than light.

What the hell is slow electricity anyway

think about it.

God Cloth Seiya
What the hell is slow electricity anyway Internet explorer

maxivitopowe
I still don't get what you're getting at?

marwash22
just because it's lightning, that doesn't mean you can attach a number to it without proof, just like you can't attach ftl speed to blaster fire simply because it looks like a laser. The average speed of lightning is approx. 200k mph, in order to dodge that, Spidey would have to be significantly faster... We have Spidey being matched in speed by the goddamn lizard. are you making the claim that Spidey and lizard can move faster than 200,000 mph?

erm

you're out of your mind if you believe that.

Psychotron
just because it's lightning, that doesn't mean you can attach a number to it without proof, just like you can't attach ftl speed to blaster fire simply because it looks like a laser. The average speed of lightning is approx. 200k mph, in order to dodge that, Spidey would have to be significantly faster... We have Spidey being matched in speed by the goddamn lizard. are you making the claim that Spidey and lizard can move faster than 200,000 mph?

erm

you're out of your mind if you believe that.

Except Jedi can see the future (like Spider-man) and have enhanced reflexes (like Spider-man). So why not?

Also the Lizard has always had superspeed. I don't know why that's a problem. Anyway, Spider-man has a few non-Elecro speed feats in the movie that are still pretty uber. Effortlessly dodging automatic gunfire, blocking missiles while in mid air, saving a bunch of people from touching the electrified railing, while they were inches away, while also saving a guy from being squished by a car, and all of that with a busted web-shooter.

maxivitopowe
Except Jedi can see the future (like Spider-man) and have enhanced reflexes (like Spider-man). So why not?

Also the Lizard has always had superspeed. I don't know why that's a problem. Anyway, Spider-man has a few non-Elecro speed feats in the movie that are still pretty uber. Effortlessly dodging automatic gunfire, blocking missiles while in mid air, saving a bunch of people from touching the electrified railing, while they were inches away, while also saving a guy from being squished by a car, and all of that with a busted web-shooter. thumb up

Darth Martin
Spider-Man should cover what Rogers did just fine. What he lacks in skill he makes up for in physical stats. His webbing is also more versatile than the shield.

Where Rogers was restricted to ground in Avengers or needed Falcon for transportation in TWS; Parker would be fine.

Cap is much more impressive than Beast. Wolverine probably fair well in the Chitauri battle. Winter Soldier would be too skilled for Wolverine. Cyclops would get sniped in TWS.

Loki beats everyone but Spider-Man with ease.

maxivitopowe
Contestants:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Garfield Spiderman
Beast
Blade

Tasks:

They replace Steve Rogers

Captain America: The First Avenger

Avengers

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Who gets furthest?
Why?

Addendum

I am adding Wesley Snipes' Blade to the cast

Also in case I wasn't clear in the instructions before

They go through the EXACT same narrative as before except they get their own powers and skills

God Cloth Seiya
Wolverine and Garfieldman sill clear, not sure about blade though

Psychotron
Blade > Rogers. He can do it.

TheGrat1
Spiderman and Beast both go the distance, but Spidey>Beast.

Cyclops could die at any time although ironically he would be of more use against the Chitauri than Steve was. I think he wouldn't survive the fight with Loki before Stark shows up.

Logan is a hothead, and thus, unpredictable. He could blow stopping the bomber at the end of TFA. He could get tricked and mind-controlled by Loki. WS could beat the hell out of him or kick him off the helicarrier. Then again there is no reason he can't clear but Rodgers would have an easier time than him.

Blade gets his weapons in addition to the shield and he is >Cap physically imo.

So: Spidey>Blade>Beast>Cap>Logan>Cyclops

edit: Worked Blade in.

God Cloth Seiya
uh......................You do realize that logan is beast superior right? Logan should be able to clear far better than blade and beast. Wolverine could beat them both. And cap but that's for a different thread.

maxivitopowe
bump

maxivitopowe
bump

Werewolf582
Cyclops- Stops at 1st avenger
Wolverine- probably clears, he isn't dying.
Garfield Spiderman- clears
Beast- could possibly clear

KuRuPT Thanosi
Whoever said Cap is greater than beast physically is either a moron or has some really good stuff he's on.

maxivitopowe
We don't really see Beast do much though

maxivitopowe
bump including AoU & Civil War

maxivitopowe
bump

Arachnid1
QOIr2NaoueI

Spidey effortlessly makes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.