Aryn Leneer vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
fight takes place in the throne room on the Death Star

Who wins who die?

Intrepid37
Maul wins, Aryn is no Satele.

Nephthys
Aryn imo. Unlike Malgus, Maul has no armor to save him from Leneer hitting him.

Syndicate
Maul stomps. Better TK strength endurance and speed.

WildBantha88
She was a match for Darth Malgus and even landed a few decisive hits on him. Darth Freaking Malgus, in his prime with his cybernetics and everything....yea, nuff said

Syndicate
Nuff said about what?

Has she moved fast enough to kill an entire group in the blink of an eye. Has she moved at speeds so fast she blurs made her blades create after images?

Has she broken through durasteel with her bare hands before or ripped a heat out of an 8ft or taller alien with 4 foot thick skin.

Has she collapsed entire cliff faces or blown back hundreds of clones with a mere force push or manipulated and moved a 10 ton and up transport?

Has she gone through months of torture before being put in the wilderness and having to survive a month of being hunted down by a droid army?

If she has feats comparable to those I'd like to heart them.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Syndicate

If she has feats comparable to those I'd like to heart them.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=593826&highlight=aryn+forumid%3A6

you should probably look at that

Syndicate
hear* Also I read it and it makes no mention of strength or endurance feats so I guess Maul wins those and her speed feats and TK feats aren't as good as Maul's. Unless the statues way over ten tons her TK is inferior to Maul's by a good margin. And her speed while comparable still doesn't get up to Maul's level due to him being able to speed blitz multiple opponents at once and slow down his perception to where a millisecond lasted a minute for him.

Maul still.

Nephthys
Nuff said about what?

Has she moved fast enough to kill an entire group in the blink of an eye. Has she moved at speeds so fast she blurs made her blades create after images?

Yes to the second one and she was fast enough to appear to be in multiple places at once. While doing that time slowed down for her to the point that it seemed as if a millisecond lasted a minute.

Has she broken through durasteel with her bare hands before or ripped a heat out of an 8ft or taller alien with 4 foot thick skin.

Has Maul? I've never heard of those feats.

She was strong enough to block Malgus's strikes and at one point she threw Malgus (a 7 foot tall, heavily muscled and armored Sith Lord) 20 meters with one arm.

Has she collapsed entire cliff faces or blown back hundreds of clones with a mere force push or manipulated and moved a 10 ton and up transport?

Has Maul done those two things?

Leneer threw a 6 car cargo tram with a gesture, she's pretty legit.

Has she gone through months of torture before being put in the wilderness and having to survive a month of being hunted down by a droid army?

yes she did exactly that

Intrepid37
Maul was crumbling barracks as a teenager.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes to the second one and she was fast enough to appear to be in multiple places at once. While doing that time slowed down for her to the point that it seemed as if a millisecond lasted a minute.

So no she has not speed blitzed multiple opponents.

Has Maul? I've never heard of those feats.

She was strong enough to block Malgus's strikes and at one point she threw Malgus (a 7 foot tall, heavily muscled and armored Sith Lord) 20 meters with one arm.

Yes he has read Wrath of Maul and Lock Down. You mean she used the force to do so not being capable of physically doing so on her own as Maul was. Along with that it doesn't beat piercing through Durasteel or a 4 foot thick skin.

Has Maul done those two things?

Has Maul done what 2 things? If you mean fighting Malgus no he has not as they do not exist in the same time period and if you mean throwing people and things approximately the same weight as Malgus yes.

Leneer threw a 6 car cargo tram with a gesture, she's pretty legit.

How heavy is that?

yes she did exactly that

Interesting.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Maul was crumbling barracks as a teenager.

Yep.

Intrepid37
Reminds me, I have an old PDF copy with all of Maul's feats somewhere. Would it be of any interest if I copied into a thread?

S_W_LeGenD
hear* Also I read it and it makes no mention of strength or endurance feats
You need to read Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived.

At one point, she caught a leg of Malgus with one of her arms and threw him like 20 meters away from her. This is incredible display of strength by Force-user standards since Malgus is a certified brute.

so I guess Maul wins those
No

and her speed feats and TK feats aren't as good as Maul's.
You are joking, right?

At one point, Leener physically moved so fast to perform an action that she appeared to be present on multiple places simultaneously to her companion and a millisecond seemed to pass like a minute to herself. In this zone like situation, she might just blitz majority of duelists if she decide to.

As far as TK based showings are concerned, she once simultaneously lifted six automobiles from a Tram and hurled them like missiles towards some opponents. Really good feat here; even Maul's greatest known TK feat seemingly not compares to this one.

Unless the statues way over ten tons her TK is inferior to Maul's by a good margin. And her speed while comparable still doesn't get up to Maul's level due to him being able to speed blitz multiple opponents at once and slow down his perception to where a millisecond lasted a minute for him.
Obviously wrong. See above.

Also, Leener typically swings her lightsaber so fast that it seems like a wall of light to her opponents.

Maul still.
Nope.

Syndicate
Reminds me, I have an old PDF copy with all of Maul's feats somewhere. Would it be of any interest if I copied into a thread?

Yep.

Nephthys
No. Maul is lame.

Intrepid37
Yeah, copying from a PDF is a *****.

Syndicate
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You need to read Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived.

I want to.

At one point, she caught Malgus's leg with one of her arms and threw him like 20 meters away from her. This is incredible display of strength by Force-user standards since Malgus is a certified brute.

It is a good strength feat but nothing compared to breaking through durasteel or plunging through 4 feet of skin.

No

No what?

You are joking, right?

About what?

At one point, Leener physically moved so fast to perform an action that she appeared to be present on multiple places simultaneously to her companion and a millisecond seemed to pass like a minute to herself. In this zone like situation, she might just blitz majority of duelists if she decide to.

Many force users have moved this fast Sidious even managing to move at near relativistic speeds. It's nothing that Maul can't or hasn't replicated.

As far as TK based showings her concerned, she once simultaneously lifted six automobiles from a Tram and hurled them like missiles towards some opponents. Really good feat here; even Maul's greatest known TK feat seemingly not compares to this one.

Again how heavy are they? Does it actually sever state it?

Obviously wrong. See above.

What is obviously wrong?

Also, Leener typically swings her lightsaber so fast that it seems like a wall of light to her opponents.

Same for Maul.

Nope.

Yep.

Syndicate
No. Maul is lame.
Why do you say that? Also I'll be off for a while so don't say "Lol see he can't even come up with a response."

Stealth Moose
Lol see he can't even come up with a response.

Also, Aryn >>> Maul.

Nephthys
Running away, huh? What a coward, lol. stick out tongue

S_W_LeGenD
I want to.
You should

It is a good strength feat but nothing compared to breaking through durasteel or plunging through 4 feet of skin.
Can you provide details?

Also, dominating Malgus like that is superior display of strength in comparison to these feats, IMO.

Malgus is an immensely powerful Force-user and strong like a cyborg in physical aspect; physically throwing an individual of this caliber (20 meters in span) is simply an incredible feat of strength. Also, Leener wouldn't have trouble punching through concrete and even steel.

No what?
Maul is facing a superior opponent in this contest.

Many force users have moved this fast Sidious even managing to move at near relativistic speeds. It's nothing that Maul can't or hasn't replicated.
Excluding Sidious, who are these "many" Force-users?

Again how heavy are they? Does it actually sever state it?
No information in this respect unfortunately.

Those automobiles were labeled as cars. How heavy are cars in Star Wars? If you can dig up some information in this respect, you may get an assessment.

What is obviously wrong?
Maul isn't superior to Leener in any respect.

In-fact, Leener have some feats which haven't been duplicated by Maul.

Same for Maul.
Do you have a quote?

Yep.
Nope

Intrepid37
Anakin before AOTC appeared to be in several places at once.

And Maul never punched through durasteel that I know.

DarthAnt66

Intrepid37
You could remember all of that, Ant?

Goddamn.

DarthAnt66
Sadly, no. I remembered you made the post and I saved it onto a text document the hour before I was banned. It was probably your best post in terms of Maul.

Intrepid37
He also tossed a spear what looked like several hundred meters, but I missed that.

WildBantha88
Maul has more feats but Aryn has quality of feats, mauls best feats are still less impressive as Aryns are

Syndicate
And those were the feats to which I was referring which I believe bests anything Aryn has done. smile

Syndicate
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Maul has more feats but Aryn has quality of feats, mauls best feats are still less impressive as Aryns are

None of the feats listed for Aryn on this thread so far are on par with the list that was so kindly posted just now.

DarthAnt66
thumb down Maul is superior in all aspects (telekinesis is the only one debatable).

Syndicate
Yep.

S_W_LeGenD
Exactly

And those were the feats to which I was referring which I believe bests anything Aryn has done. smile
Seriously, you are as clueless about Leener as one can be.

Explain to me that where Maul is superior to Leener.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb down Maul is superior in all aspects (telekinesis is the only one debatable).
Exactly how?

Nephthys

Syndicate
Exactly

Nope.

Seriously, you have as clueless about Leener as one can be.

Alright.

Explain to me that where Maul is superior to Leener.

Every where.

Exactly how?

Nephthys
Dude, learn to quote properly.

S_W_LeGenD
Ok, people, time for homework on Leener; all interested members should check this thread for detailed information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703483

Syndicate
Not seeing anything here that's above Aryn. Hell, I'm inclined to give her the edge. A few of these have nothing to do with TK.

And blasting back hundreds of clone troopers in a comic? Along with crumbling collapsing an entire Cliffside and manipulation a 20 meter ship to block his pursuers I believe that beats anything Aryn's accomplished.

Again, at best equal to Aryn.

Lol nope.

Nothing Malgus can't do.

Malgus isn't even close in strength. Also what does that have to do with Aryn?

Dueling evenly with Malgus is every bit as impressive as any of these.

No it isn't.

All I'm seeing is a lot of feats. Not superior ones.

No your seeing a lot more and better feats. So I guess Maul has quantity and quality over Aryn.

Syndicate
Dude, learn to quote properly.
:P

Syndicate
Ok, people, time for homework on Leener; all interested members should check this thread for detailed information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703483

I'm sorry but that thread didn't tell me anything you haven't repeated back to me several times.

DarthAnt66
Aryn can move so fast a human cannot see her? Maul has moved faster that a droid trained in combat can even perceive his movements, and can complete 5 slashes in an eye flicker.
Maul>Aryn in speed.

Aryn has moved cargo train with an unconfirmed length? Even the largest wouldn't be as impressive as collapsing numerous barracks as a mere teen.
Maul=>Aryn in telekinesis.

Nothing Malgus has done is near the likes of smashing a fist through a wampa's torso until it reached the heart, then to squeeze the heart until it exploded.
Maul>>Aryn in strength.

I disagree. Aryn, as far as I am concerned, is not even a confirmed master of any form!
Maul>Aryn in sabers.

S_W_LeGenD
I'm sorry but that thread didn't tell me anything you haven't repeated back to me several times.
Then you didn't check it properly. You just skimmed through it.

I cannot make you understand Leener's talents without you paying attention. Check the thread properly and then get back to me.

Syndicate
I did and as I stated before none of the feats there are more impressive then the ones you've repeated to me many times. Face it man Aryn just isn't as powerful as Maul.

DarthAnt66
Maul could have collapsed numerous of these as a teen if he was not restrained, that's bigger then your biggest damn cargo train:
http://freepages.military.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~worldwarone/WWI/MilitaryCamps/CampZacharyTaylor2/Camp%20Taylor%20-%201961-sm.jpg

Syndicate
Possibly larger version as factions had larger amounts of troops they needed to house in the SW Universe.

S_W_LeGenD
Aryn can move so fast a human cannot see her? Maul has moved faster that a droid trained in combat can even perceive his movements, and can complete 5 slashes in an eye flicker.
Maul>Aryn in speed.
Nothing indicates that Maul is faster then Leener or even matches her:

And;

Aryn has moved cargo train with an unconfirmed length? Even the largest wouldn't be as impressive as collapsing numerous barracks as a mere teen.
Show us the actual feat.

How big and strong are these barracks? They can be mere tents for all we know.

Nothing Malgus has done is near the likes of smashing a fist through a wampa's torso until it reached the heart, then to squeeze the heart until it exploded.
Maul>>Aryn in strength.
Malgus lifted a Jedi up with one hand and choked him to death. Later on, he cracked a marble top with a single blow. Later on, he killed a powerful Sith rival with bare hands.

If Malgus wants to rip an animal apart, he can certainly do it with laughable ease.

I disagree. Aryn, as far as I am concerned, is not even a confirmed master of any form!
Maul>Aryn in sabers.
Subjective assessment

Their is no need for explicit mentions of Leener being an expert swordsman herself when she demonstrated such caliber of dueling arts with her feats.

Syndicate
It wasn't an animal as has been mentioned before it was a Wampa with extremely thick skin which hi doubt Malgus would be able to penetrate with his bear hands. Along with that Malgus could certainly not simulate the feat of smashing through durasteel as Maul did when sparring barehanded with the Sith Bots.

Nephthys
A wampa is an animal, lol.

S_W_LeGenD
It wasn't an animal as has been mentioned before it was a Wampa with extremely thick skin which hi doubt Malgus would be able to penetrate with his bear hands. Along with that Malgus could certainly not simulate the feat of smashing through durasteel as Maul did when sparring barehanded with the Sith Bots.
You serious?

Malgus is among the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history. These feats are nothing to him.

DarthAnt66
Dude, Maul has outmatched both of those accolades.

Maul waited until the moon was low in the sky before he went to Lommite Limited's headquarters at the base of the escarpment. The incidents of sabotage had caused the complex of buildings to be placed on high alert. Armed sentries, some accompanied by leashed beasts, patrolled, and powerful illuminators cast circles of brilliant light over the spacious grounds. A five-meter-high electrified stun fence encompassed everything.
Maul spent an hour studying the movements of the sentries, the periodic sweeps of the illuminators, the towering fence, and the motion detector lasers that gridded the broad lawn beyond. He was certain that infrared cams were scanning the grounds, but there was little he could do about those without leaving evidence of his infiltration. A probe droid would have been able to tell him all he needed to know, but there wasn't time and he wanted to do this personally. To test the possibility that pressure detectors had been installed in the ground, he used the Force to propel stones over the fence. As they struck specific places on the lawn, he waited for some response, but the guards stationed at the entry gates simply continued to go about their business.
When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion.
-From Darth Maul: Saboteur

The dark side blossomed in Darth Maul, the power of it resonating in him like black lightning, augmenting his years of training, guiding his actions. Time seemed to slow, to stretch.
-From Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

The Sith and the Jedi leapt from the speeder bike onto the platform to continue their battle. The docking ledge was only about ten meters by fifteen, barely enough room to maneuver in. Maul knew he had to dispatch the Jedi quickly, before Pavan once again vanished into the labyrinth of Coruscant's downlevels. He pressed the attack viciously, blocking and thrusting, the twin radiant blades spinning a web of light about him.
-From Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

The Sith and the Jedi leapt from the speeder bike onto the platform to continue their battle. The docking ledge was only about ten meters by fifteen, barely enough room to maneuver in. Maul knew he had to dispatch the Jedi quickly, before Pavan once again vanished into the labyrinth of Coruscant's downlevels. He pressed the attack viciously, blocking and thrusting, the twin radiant blades spinning a web of light about him.

Intrepid37 has the exact quote.

Maul has done all of this, plus more.

Your speculation is meaningless to me.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx36a6i9RU1r3kvzio1_500.jpg

And Maul hasn't? XD

DarthAnt66

Intrepid37
By the way, sustaining several low-damage blaster bolts as a teenager has to be one of the best feats of resilience in the entire mythos.

Nephthys
Eh, its good.

DarthAnt66
Maul vs Malgus would be a better fight.

Intrepid37
Eh, its good.
They're used to render wookies unconscious. During his training, he spent a lot of time on being more resisting pain, so to accomplish the feat as a teenager is really, really good.

Stealth Moose
Remember folks, you only need three things to win:

More feats.
Live action origins.
Not be EU only.

#kmclogic.

DarthAnt66
"The fanboy is upset. The fanboy is in dismay. A character not in the Old Republic winning a battle? Impossible it may seem to him."
-The Tales of Stealth Moose

S_W_LeGenD
Dude, Maul has outmatched both of those accolades.
I haven't seen anything from him yet which affirms your stance. See below.

Maul waited until the moon was low in the sky before he went to Lommite Limited's headquarters at the base of the escarpment. The incidents of sabotage had caused the complex of buildings to be placed on high alert. Armed sentries, some accompanied by leashed beasts, patrolled, and powerful illuminators cast circles of brilliant light over the spacious grounds. A five-meter-high electrified stun fence encompassed everything.
Maul spent an hour studying the movements of the sentries, the periodic sweeps of the illuminators, the towering fence, and the motion detector lasers that gridded the broad lawn beyond. He was certain that infrared cams were scanning the grounds, but there was little he could do about those without leaving evidence of his infiltration. A probe droid would have been able to tell him all he needed to know, but there wasn't time and he wanted to do this personally. To test the possibility that pressure detectors had been installed in the ground, he used the Force to propel stones over the fence. As they struck specific places on the lawn, he waited for some response, but the guards stationed at the entry gates simply continued to go about their business.
When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion.
-From Darth Maul: Saboteur
And how exactly is this faster movement then Leener's?

His movements could be tracked by cameras, could be observed in slow motion. In contrast, Leener exceeded tracking potential of any machine in the mythos. Read the presented information carefully.

The dark side blossomed in Darth Maul, the power of it resonating in him like black lightning, augmenting his years of training, guiding his actions. Time seemed to slow, to stretch.
Ok, this is something but he haven't exceeded Leener's movements in any situation. To Leener, it felt like as if time have frozen in place.

-From Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
Good speed feat, admittedly. However, this doesn't proves that he can swing his blade faster then Leener: Maul is armed with a double-bladed lightsaber and it is easier to formulate a cocoon of light with it then with a normal lightsaber. Leener managed to formulate a cocoon of light all around herself with a normal lightsaber while deflecting enemy fire from all directions around her which is indicative of relatively superior speed in this respect.

Intrepid37 has the exact quote.
Waiting...

Maul has done all of this, plus more.
?

I see a list of mostly vague statements here which are being blown out of proportion in childish manner:

STRENGTH FEATS:
- Broken necks
- Shattered durasteel binders
- Sent his fist through a wampa's torso
- Crushed a heart in his hand
- Sent his foot into torsos
- Shattered tables
- Slammed bodies against a steel floor hard enough for the floor to vibrate
- Crushed a droids skull and shattered its photoreceptors
- Squeezed a droids head so tightly it began to fold inwards
- Shattered spines

- Crushed necks and shattered spines of whom?
- Shattered what kind tables?

And you seriously think that Force-users of caliber of Leener and Malgus cannot replicate these kind of feats?

Your speculation is meaningless to me.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100317183232/starwars/images/e/e4/Kyrisa's_wampa.jpg
Speculation?

This animal holds no candle to strength of powerful Force-users.

And Maul hasn't? XD
Did I dispute?

Maul have no superiority in this contest.

Stealth Moose
"The fanboy is upset. The fanboy is in dismay. A character not in the Old Republic winning a battle? Impossible it may seem to him."
-The Tales of Stealth Moose

U mad?

DarthAnt66

Syndicate
Why don't we do Malgus vs Maul as it is obvious that maul wins this one.

DarthAnt66
Also, checkout the info on the wampa, he's a beast:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_wampa_(Cog_Hive_Seven)

Syndicate
Literally. XD

Stealth Moose
Syndcate, y u no answer mah ?

Syndicate
Because I was eating lunch and typing up a paper. Which post am I responding to?

Stealth Moose
Ur questions brah.

Syndicate
Yep you'll have to restate it. Also do you know how I edit the title of my thread? XD

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
Maul>Aryn in speed.

Post those feats. Plus they're not more impressive that Aryn's feats anyway. Also, when it comes to this feat:

"When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion."

Don't forget that it was at night, the moon was low, Maul wears black and has red and black skin. He would be barely visible at walking speed.

Maul didn't collapse anything, so your point is meaningless.

Maul>>Aryn in strength.

Malgus kicked someone hard enough to fling him across a room, into a column and 'split it as would lightning a tree.' Leneer blocked Malgus' falling two-handed smash and tossed a fully armored Malgus 20 meters with one hand, she can keep up with Maul.

Maul>Aryn in sabers.

Aryn is a superior duelist than Ven Zallow, who was running through multiple Sith Warriors in the Sack and was equal to Malgus, who's indisputably a master swordsman. As I've mentioned before, Malgus was already one of the greatest warriors in the Empire 30 years before this point. Aryns skill is at least enough that Maul has no significant advantage.

DarthAnt66

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
Playing an "hyperbole" card won't help you in an argument, Neph. For a "cocoon of light" is also an hyperbole. Also, he would have to be moving at least 60mph in order to preform the feat he did.

Nephthys
I know it is. That's why I don't put any stock in those kinds of descriptions and tend to never bring them up in arguments.

No he wouldn't. All Maul had to do was move out of the way. You don't have to move 60 mph to jump out of the way of a car going 60 mph, since you're moving a hell of a lot less distance than the car is.

DarthAnt66
Depends how close the vehicle is from you.

Nephthys
True. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
Nearly speed of light.

Nooooooooooooooooooope. no

S_W_LeGenD

DarthAnt66

Syndicate
Nice point on the advancements of tech from that point on.

The Merchant
Saying that time has stopped and that no machine can ever catch up to their movements is hyperbole. Darth Maul actually has a feat from a droid and holorecordings where he can't be seen.

Syndicate
Yep.

Nephthys
I don't believe that droid feat has actually been posted.

Syndicate
It was.

Nephthys
Nope, not that I can see.

NewGuy01
It really does seem like Aryn's speed and Maul's are rather identical. Both move too fast for security cameras to pick up, both weave cocoons/tapestries of light with their sabers respectively, both move so fast time seems to slow, and both of them move faster than the human eye can see.

Aryn's TK is also pretty comparable to Maul's. She moved a 6-car cargo tram, but judging from the picture that's no bigger than the shuttle that Maul moved. She unleashed a TK wave that brought down a couple of statues, though judging from the description they didn't seem overly large. Maul has done just as well in his feat of sending dozens flying with a TK wave, anyhow. Not only that, but he's also collapsed caves and was able to ragdoll Kenobi to some extent, I'd give him a small edge here. Aryn's complex manipulation of lightsabers while throwing them is very neat though.

So what this boils down to really is strength and skill, and Maul has the better feats in both.

Maul wins in a close fight, my respect for Leneer has increased dramatically though. Did not know her speed/TK feats were that good.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Nephthys
I really like Leneer personally. The bit where she owns a Sith by pulling his lightsaber out of his hand, then decides to beat him to death with her bare hands instead of use her own saber was badass.

NewGuy01
Yeah, she's definitely one of my favorite female Jedi now.

Syndicate
I now respect Aryn immensely and she is now one of my favorite female Jedi.

S_W_LeGenD

Intrepid37
Aryn observing minutes as seconds is processing speed; likewise, Maul has seen nearly invisible fast blows in slow motion, so he has the edge in perception speed.

What matters is combat speed.

S_W_LeGenD
Aryn observing minutes as seconds is processing speed; likewise, Maul has seen nearly invisible fast blows in slow motion, so he has the edge in perception speed.
Leener observed milliseconds (1/1000 of a second) as minutes or greater. In addition, she appeared to physically exist simultaneously in multiple places at this point. Leener moved so fast at this point that ships jumping in to hyperspace seems like motionless to her. Do the math.

Maul doesn't have edge in perception and speed. In-fact, Leener has.

What matters is combat speed.
Leener have edge in this case too.

Leener formulated a cocoon of light around herself with a normal lightsaber, deflecting blaster fire from every angle around her.

In contrast, Maul wields double-bladed lightsaber and seems to formulate a web of light with it. Now, double-bladed lightsaber have twice the blade coverage of a normal lightsaber and it is much easier to formulate a web or cocoon of light with it then a normal lightsaber (meaning: less speed required)

Leener also have demonstrated the capability to outright disarm her opponents with her TK abilities, be they are normal individuals or even Force-users. She is one of the (2) Jedi to have given Malgus tough time in a duel besides Satele Shan and I don't think Maul is this much strong and capable. Malgus is likely to subdue the brothers as well.

Intrepid37
Do you have a quote for that feat where she observes ships in slowmotion?

S_W_LeGenD
Do you have a quote for that feat where she observes ships in slowmotion?
Here is the whole quote:

EPIC...

Nephthys
Huh, thats more impressive than I remembered. Depite saying she can't maintain it for long, she keeps it up for the whole hyperspace journey.

Best known speed feat of Maul yet. Yes, this seems to be on par with Leener's in the context of description at minimum. But then again:

No Legend, its just hyperbole. Obviously he didn't actually seem to be everywhere at once, thats just an expression.

DarthAnt66
He can move faster then the droid can process his movements, same goes for cameras, unless they slow down the footage greatly.

No. Her cargo train is an unconfirmed size. Anything with it is an assumption.

Malgus even said the technology of the Rakata makes theres look primitive, but that does not change the fact throughout the years forward, they move into superior technology, just look at our world today.

The most important part:
"The effort taxed her, and she knew she could not maintain it for long."
Honestly it just seems like shes in deep battle meditation. It's not as if she's in combat or anything. The feet spans to her ability to see very fast movements in some special trance, but that does not necessarily mean she can replicate or perform it in the battlefield.

Also something LeGenD left out:
"Sweat soaked her robes, pasted them to her body. She felt as if she had not slept in days."

Intrepid37
No Legend, its just hyperbole. Obviously he didn't actually seem to be everywhere at once, thats just an expression.
It's called afterimages.

S_W_LeGenD
He can move faster then the droid can process his movements,
And what is the processing power of this droid?

same goes for cameras, unless they slow down the footage greatly.
Cameras successfully recorded his movements, difference is that his movements were not properly visible in standard mode.

No. Her cargo train is an unconfirmed size. Anything with it is an assumption.
She simultaneously threw six tramcars at the position of some opponents, a phenomenal display of power nonetheless.

Even if we consider small tramcars:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/01/35/ac/watch-the-tramcar-please.jpg

Simultaneously hurling six of these like missiles is going to look very impressive. For all we know, Leener might have dealt with relatively larger tramcars and 6 of them in total.

Do the math.

Malgus even said the technology of the Rakata makes theres look primitive, but that does not change the fact throughout the years forward, they move into superior technology, just look at our world today.
I suggest that you drop this particular point because it will serve you no good. Applying real world logic on Star Wars is not a sane decision.

Celestials (an extremely ancient civilization) build some machines so enormous and powerful that they could be used to reshape star systems. Ponder over this for a moment.

Technological progression in Star Wars isn't a simple matter of scientists continuously coming up with new and better inventions like in real world. Yes, in some aspects, technological progression did occur, but not in all aspects.

The most important part:
"The effort taxed her, and she knew she could not maintain it for long."
Honestly it just seems like shes in deep battle meditation. It's not as if she's in combat or anything. The feet spans to her ability to see very fast movements in some special trance, but that does not necessarily mean she can replicate or perform it in the battlefield.

Also something LeGenD left out:
"Sweat soaked her robes, pasted them to her body. She felt as if she had not slept in days."
She nearly approached the speed of light at that moment, this is extremely tedious and taxing speed feat for any living being.

Important point is that Leener reacted faster then Maul ever did, she literally perceived hyperspace related developments with her own reflexes. And she did perform several actions during this feat, she ensured with her actions that Fatman would successfully pursue Imperial ships during the hyperspace travelling procedure towards Coruscant and use them as a cover to land on Coruscant.

Intrepid37
Luke was seeing ships in slow motion during the Rebellion era.

Syndicate
Again like in the other thread I think we should cease arguing the point. One side believes Maul will take it and the other side believes Aryn will. We aren't going to agree so we might as well move on.

DarthAnt66
The point of this forum is to persuade the other side and debate, there is no reason to move on.

carthage
Maul takes this with mid difficulty. In close quarters combat, he knows tons of Martial arts techniques that would beat her down fast- and physically he is as strong as Malgus so that's two advantages she lacks.

His force abilities are also more varied

Intrepid37
She countered Malgus' strength with her superior speed. She doesn't have a speed advantage over Maul.

Nephthys
I'd say she does.

Intrepid37
no

Nephthys
Oh wow, convincing.

Intrepid37
you're not any better

Syndicate
Why would you say she's faster Neph?

NewGuy01
If anything their speed is pretty even imo.

Syndicate
hat's what we're saying but Neph keeps saying he isn't while providing no evidence.

Nephthys
I'm playing TOR.

Nephthys
Why would you say she's faster Neph?

I haven't seen any speed feats from Maul that equal hers. I offered my opinion on several of them and haven't seen the best one mentioned, being imperceptible by a combat droid, posted so I can't judge it. Ant claimed that Leneer can't maintain her speed for long, but that's patently false seeing as she keeps it up for the entire hyperspace trip. In all, Leneer seems to be in a very similar situation as she was vs Malgus, having an edge in speed, but missing the edge in strength.

WildBantha88
that edge in strength really doesn't do much though since she was able to deal with Malguss strength.

NewGuy01
I haven't seen any speed feats from Maul that equal hers. I offered my opinion on several of them and haven't seen the best one mentioned, being imperceptible by a combat droid, posted so I can't judge it. Ant claimed that Leneer can't maintain her speed for long, but that's patently false seeing as she keeps it up for the entire hyperspace trip. In all, Leneer seems to be in a very similar situation as she was vs Malgus, having an edge in speed, but missing the edge in strength.

What do you mean you haven't seen ay speed feats that equal hers? Their speed feats are practically exactly the same!

-Aryn appears to be in multiple places at once. Maul does the same in his battle with Vader.

-Aryn forms a cocoon of light from her lightsaber blade. Maul weaves a webbing tapestry of light with his lightsaber blade in his battle with Bondara.

-Aryn dashes too fast for security cameras to detect. Maul does the same thing +3,000 years of tech advancement.

-Aryn fights so quickly that time seems to slow around her. Maul also fights so quickly that time seems to slow and stretch around him.

Seriously. They've got the *same* speed feats.

Syndicate
Or Maul could be considered to have better. I guess that's just opinion.

Q99
Frames per second is unlikely to have changed- the eye can still only see at the same speed, after all.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
Maul takes this with mid difficulty. In close quarters combat, he knows tons of Martial arts techniques that would beat her down fast- and physically he is as strong as Malgus so that's two advantages she lacks.
Maul will defeat superior opponent with mid difficulty? Have you even checked previous pages of this thread?

By the way, Leener is an excellent martial artist as well. And she can keep up with physically stronger foes.

Originally posted by carthage
His force abilities are also more varied
No, check this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703483

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
-Aryn appears to be in multiple places at once. Maul does the same in his battle with Vader.
Evidence?

Actually, Leener moved so fast that time seemed to have halted for her. In contrast, time seemed to have slowed down for Maul. Their is difference.

-Aryn forms a cocoon of light from her lightsaber blade. Maul weaves a webbing tapestry of light with his lightsaber blade in his battle with Bondara.
Maul wields a double-bladed lightsaber which has twice the coverage of a normal lightsaber; Leener have to exert twice as much to formulate a cocoon of light with a normal lightsaber then Maul have to with his weapon. Do the math.

-Aryn dashes too fast for security cameras to detect. Maul does the same thing +3,000 years of tech advancement.
I don't recall Leener evading security cameras. It is however stated that she could react and respond faster then any machine (not just security cameras).

Also, this whole 3000+ year advancement mantra is being blown out of proportion. Can you provide exact proof of improvement in camera technology during this span? We are talking about Star Wars and it isn't based on real-world logics.

-Aryn fights so quickly that time seems to slow around her. Maul also fights so quickly that time seems to slow and stretch around him.
See above.

Actually, recheck revelations from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=594447&pagenumber=5

Seriously. They've got the *same* speed feats.
No, they don't.

Leener have clear advantage in this respect.

---

Keep in mind that Malgus was fast enough to keep up with Zallow, the latter in turn was fast enough to literally blitz two experienced Sith warriors simultaneously. And in the end, Leener was faster then even Malgus.

Maul isn't as fast as Leener.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.