Kit Fisto vs. Kao Cen Darach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Intrepid37
Kao is apparantly Dooku level since he can wield two double-bladed lightsabers at the same time, so I'll give the nod to Kit.

Syndicate
Dooku could beat Fisto actually and just because he can wield 2 double bladed light sabers doesn't mean he is on Dooku's level. Fisto takes the majority.

DarthAnt66
He was mocking other members here...he wasn't being serious, lol ^

Syndicate
I know but I want this forum to become less illogical.

DarthAnt66
http://media.giphy.com/media/SedMCzMp4uecM/giphy.gif

Syndicate
smile

S_W_LeGenD
For this contest: Darach comfortably

Originally posted by Syndicate
Dooku could beat Fisto actually and just because he can wield 2 double bladed light sabers doesn't mean he is on Dooku's level. Fisto takes the majority.
Actually, this matter is much more complicated then it seems.

It is challenging for any individual to achieve expertise in dueling skills with a double-bladed lightsaber. Darach not just achieved expertise in this respect but went a step above: he managed to expertly duel using both a normal lightsaber and a double-bladed lightsaber simultaneously, which is remarkable display of technical proficiency in lightsaber dueling arts (A feat that we don't see typically).

Syndicate
What feats has he accomplished that shows he is an expert in either dueling or the force?

Intrepid37
What feats has he accomplished that shows he is an expert in either dueling or the force?
Are you on other forums, like TOR or Comic Vine?

Nephthys

He's the Jedi Battlemaster. I am pretty sure he's an expert duelist. erm

Also he performed good Force feats in the trailer.

S_W_LeGenD
Watch this video:

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/return

B/W Kao Cen Darach is counted among famous Jedi Knights in SWTOR(E), becomes a Jedi Master and the battlemaster of the Order.

Syndicate
Comic Vine. :P

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nephthys

A title doesn't grant you the skills necessary to beat a skilled opponent only feats do that. Link to the trailer please.

Intrepid37
Drallig was granted the rank of Battlemaster, but was handily beaten by Anakin.

Comic Vine. :P
What's your name on there?

Syndicate
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Watch this video:

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/return

B/W Kao Cen Darach is counted among famous Jedi Knights in SWTOR(E), becomes a Jedi Master and the battlemaster of the Order.
Fame means nothing. Many people have become Jedi Masters. Title means nothing. I've seen the video before and while he shows some impressive feat non really supersede the feats Fisto demonstrated in his underwater battle.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Intrepid37

What's your name on there?
Can't tell but I've seen you around on CV. It's a little strange aren't you like respected at CV? Here people seem to think you're a troll.

Intrepid37
Can't tell but I've seen you around on CV. It's a little strange aren't you like respected at CV? Here people seem to think you're a troll.
Why can't you tell me?

Nephthys
A title doesn't grant you the skills necessary to beat a skilled opponent only feats do that. Link to the trailer please.

I didn't say it did, all I said was that he's an expert duelist.

Syndicate
Why would you say he's an expert duelist? From the video he took on a featless Sith Master and an apprentice Malgus actually losing to an apprentice Malgus at the end of the fight.

Syndicate
Why can't you tell me?
It's a secret. wink

Nephthys
Why would you say he's an expert duelist? From the video he took on a featless Sith Master and an apprentice Malgus actually losing to an apprentice Malgus at the end of the fight.

Because he's the Jedi Battlemaster. "Expert duelist" is in the job description. Also his skill is apparent in the video, don't be difficult.

Even before that battle Malgus was considered one of the greatest warriors in the Empire, hence why he and his Master were leading the attack on Korriban in the first place.

DarthAnt66
Drallig was a "expert duelist" but still got wtfpwned by a mentally unstable Anakin.

Nephthys
He's still an expert duelist though. no expression

DarthAnt66
Doesn't mean hes good.

Intrepid37
Kit wouldn't get crushed by Anakin the way Drallig did.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Doesn't mean hes good.

Yes it does. Drallig was outmatched by Anakin but he was still extremely skilled in all 7 lightsaber forms. He lost because he was eclipsed in power, which obviously Kao doesn't have a problem with.

Syndicate
Because he's the Jedi Battlemaster. "Expert duelist" is in the job description. Also his skill is apparent in the video, don't be difficult.

Even before that battle Malgus was considered one of the greatest warriors in the Empire, hence why he and his Master were leading the attack on Korriban in the first place.
Doubtless Malgus was skilled but nowhere near the levels he achieved later. Also you just agreed that titles don't equal skill and then proceeded to say he's an expert duelist because he was the Jedi battle master. If he has no feats and accolades that prove he has the necessary skills to defeat Fisto then he doesn't. He was impressive managing to pick up large metal scrap pieces and hurl them at Malgus along with battling two Sith for an extended period but the fact is he lost to an apprentice Malgus and was overwhelmed. Fisto has superior TK AND dueling feats so while it's close I still have to go with Fisto.

Syndicate
Yes it does. Drallig was outmatched by Anakin but he was still extremely skilled in all 7 lightsaber forms. He lost because he was eclipsed in power, which obviously Kao doesn't have a problem with.
Fisto wouldn't eclipse him in power but he is more powerful then him and also because Fisto was one of the temples blademasters and held his own against the likes of Grievous I'm also inclined to give him a slight edge in dueling to especially considering your Jedi's feats are only being beaten by a Sith apprentice and managing to last longer then his own apprentice.

Nephthys
Doubtless Malgus was skilled but nowhere near the levels he achieved later.

True.

Also you just agreed that titles don't equal skill and then proceeded to say he's an expert duelist because he was the Jedi battle master.

No, I (kind of) agreed that it didn't necessarily give you the ability to defeat other skilled opponents. I didn't say that it doesn't make him an expert duelist.

If he has no feats and accolades that prove he has the necessary skills to defeat Fisto then he doesn't. He was impressive managing to pick up large metal scrap pieces and hurl them at Malgus along with battling two Sith for an extended period but the fact is he lost to an apprentice Malgus and was overwhelmed. Fisto has superior TK AND dueling feats so while it's close I still have to go with Fisto.

Kao hurling that huge ship engine is above anything I've seen Fisto perform with the Force.

S_W_LeGenD
Which proves that technical proficiency alone isn't a deciding factor, strength and mastery of the Force are more important determinants.

As I mentioned before:

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Effectiveness in lightsaber dueling is not a detached development from mastery in the Force, Revan would utterly outclass Jinn in all aspects of combat.

---

Fame means nothing. Many people have become Jedi Masters. Title means nothing. I've seen the video before and while he shows some impressive feat non really supersede the feats Fisto demonstrated in his underwater battle.
Provide details.

That supposedly featless Sith Master is mentor of Malgus. In addition, Malgus was already a (powerful) battle-hardened warrior at this point even if he was an apprentice in ranking.

Apprenticeship doesn't implies weakness or noobness. As an analogy, Vader remained apprentice of Darth Sidious throughout their co-existence as Dark Lords but was powerful in the ways of the Force nonetheless.

Clear?

Doubtless Malgus was skilled but nowhere near the levels he achieved later.
Malgus was strong and skilled enough to outduel immensely skilled Jedi Masters at this point which is very impressive. At his prime, Malgus would be (is) among the finest warriors throughout galactic history.

Also you just agreed that titles don't equal skill and then proceeded to say he's an expert duelist because he was the Jedi battle master. If he has no feats and accolades that prove he has the necessary skills to defeat Fisto then he doesn't. He was impressive managing to pick up large metal scrap pieces and hurl them at Malgus along with battling two Sith for an extended period but the fact is he lost to an apprentice Malgus and was overwhelmed. Fisto has superior TK AND dueling feats so while it's close I still have to go with Fisto.
See above.

Also, I am waiting for Fisto's showings.

Syndicate
Creating a bubble of the force strong enough to destroy the legs of a separatist super weapon and casually force pushing aside and entire row of speeder ships is better then picking up an engine.

Nephthys
Creating a bubble of the force strong enough to destroy the legs of a separatist super weapon and casually force pushing aside and entire row of speeder ships is better then picking up an engine.

Whats the source for those feats?

(please don't say Tartovosky clone wars)

Darth Martin
Kao Cen Darach wins handily IMO.

Those underwater feats are just so inconsistent with anything else he's shown to do with the Force.

Based on Fisto dying immediately for Sidious, and Darach holding his own against TWO Sith Lords simultaneouisly I'm gonna conclude that Darach is a few tiers above Fisto.

Syndicate
2 Sith lords that in no way shape or form can compare to Sidious one being a featless Sith himself and the other being only an apprentice. 2 other blade masters die almost instantly to Sidious too and it's likely Darach would have fallen even faster. Along with that Fisto's considerable feats as a duelist like beating Grievous and beating Obi Wan in the Cestus Deception far outweigh being beat by a featless Sith master and a Sith apprentice along with the superior TK showings from the OP clone wars series which I'll admit IS OP but still canon he takes this 7-8/10.

Darth Martin
The "apprentice" term means nothing. As someone already pointed out; OT Vader was an apprentice for his entire duration as a Sith Lord yet was immensely powerful in the Force and a master duelist.

Darach would've fallen even faster? Really? Because Kolar and Tinn have better feats than what Darach displayed in The Return trailer. Yea, right.

Beating AOTC Kenobi is hardly as impressive as what Darach displayed. Grievous jobs so much in that show it ridiculous. Who hasn't defeated him in one on one combat? Not trying to downplay Fisto's feats there but Darach's is clearly more impressive.

I don't even mind the OG Clone Wars cartoon. But those feats were underwater and very inconsistent from anything else I've seen him do from a power standpoint. This leads me to believe he might just be that much more effective and stronger a fighter underwater which this fight is not.

Vindican isn't so much of a pushover either. His lighting visibly moved that escaping starship, seemed proficient in the use of the double bladed lightsaber(atleast TPM Maul level who is more or less Kit Fisto level overall), and fought on after having his eye slashed.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Who hasn't defeated him in one on one combat?

Grievous lost to gungans, lawl.

Didn't General Gungan beat him?

Syndicate
Fine then suffice it to say Malgus was far from his prime.

That's just like how another guy said since Darach was the temple blademaster it automatically makes him skilled Kolar and Tinn were also blademasters so the equivalence stand unless the Darach fan wants to admit that a title does not bring an automatic measure of skill.

It was not AOTC Obi Wan it was closer to Prime ROTS Obi Wan. Trying or not you are downplaying them, it was a legitimate win against an opponent who has fought evenly with Mace Windu.

But there's no proof of that. It can just as easily be said that it took even more power to accomplish those feats because of the distorted water pressure. Not that I'm saying that happened but neither am I lessening his feats.

It didn't move the ship the ship was moving away from them already. Woah woah woah did you just say a nameless and featless Sith in Maul's equivalent? No. Just no.

Syndicate
Grievous lost to gungans, lawl.

Didn't General Gungan beat him?

No...

Nephthys
He sacrificed himself to do it, but he still dodged and parried a few strikes and managed to **** Grievous up.

NewGuy01
Kit defeating Grievous is better than Kao getting stomped by Malgus before he was even given the rank of Lord.

Darth Martin
The events of The Cestus Deception and AOTC occur in 22 BBY. ROTS is 19 BBY. Am I missing something. No way Kenobi had come close to his ROTS level of Soresu mastery.

As far as Vindican being the equivalent of Maul; yea, just a hunch. But he deflected a missile, could produce Force lightning, and seemed just as adept with a saber staff as Maul.

Syndicate
He is not even close to Maul.

Darth Abonis
Fisto.

Syndicate
Bingo.

Intrepid37
I'm positive this is Kit's best TK showing.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Kit%20Fisto/TK/2780947-new_picture__8__zps94eb216a.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Kit defeating Grievous is better than Kao getting stomped by Malgus before he was even given the rank of Lord.
Utterly subjective assessment, makes no sense either.

Malgus, even at this point, is superior then Grievous. Even at this point, Malgus is among the greatest warriors of the Empire (which is tremendous reputation to uphold) and he achieves "zone" moment to overcome Darach.

2 Sith lords that in no way shape or form can compare to Sidious one being a featless Sith himself and the other being only an apprentice.
This is utterly baseless lowballing of 2 prominent Sith.

Vindican isn't exactly featless;

- Comes in to contact with a missile and tanks it, blunting its explosive power in the process with his mastery of the Force.
- Unleashes powerful bursts of Sith lightning.
- Demonstrates impressive endurance: continues to duel even after loosing an eye; survives a lightsaber impalement that would be fatal to most.

Vindican is a Sith Inquisitor and his understanding of the Force is expected to be above norm by virtue of this fact alone. He is a mentor of Malgus and successfully forges his apprentice in to a virtually unstoppable warrior.

Also, apprenticeship doesn't implies mookness or noobness. I have covered this part before.

REPEAT:

Malgus, even at this point, is superior then Grievous. Even at this point, Malgus is among the greatest warriors of the Empire (which is tremendous reputation to uphold) and he achieves "zone" moment to overcome Darach.

2 other blade masters die almost instantly to Sidious too and it's likely Darach would have fallen even faster.
Keeping in view the capability of Darach to cope with two prominent Sith Lords in a duel, dueling expertise and mastery of the Force in general....really doubtful.

Along with that Fisto's considerable feats as a duelist like beating Grievous and beating Obi Wan in the Cestus Deception far outweigh being beat by a featless Sith master and a Sith apprentice along with the superior TK showings from the OP clone wars series which I'll admit IS OP but still canon he takes this 7-8/10.
So Grievous and Obi-Wan are superior opponents then the duo of Vindican and Malgus? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, Fisto's feats aren't superior to that of Darach.

Darach send a Sith Inquisitor packing with a blast of power. Have Fisto ever dominated a decent Force-user in this manner with his powers? NEVER

In addition, Darach lifted a heavy starship engine and hurled it like a missile towards Malgus. Have Fisto ever matches this feat with his TK abilities? NEVER

Fisto does have higher number of feats by virtue of being explored more then Darach but he falls short in comparative basis.

He is not even close to Maul.
Vindican have superior command of the Force at minimum.

I'm positive this is Kit's best TK showing.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Kit%20Fisto/TK/2780947-new_picture__8__zps94eb216a.jpg
Thanks for the share. Neat.

However, Darach lifted a heavy starship engine and hurled it like a missile towards an opponent without even a hand gesture, clearly a much superior feat in comparison.

http://i62.tinypic.com/314tgsi.png

Darach lifts this starship engine without even looking at it and hurls it like a missile towards Malgus without a hand gesture:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qk5ath.jpg

carthage
That engine size and that tank look pretty equal to me

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
That engine size and that tank look pretty equal to me

but it's thrown, rather than simply moved.

Darth Martin
Lol. Fisto levitates the tank and rolls it. Darach's feat was clearly superior.

S_W_LeGenD
That starship engine also would be heavier then that water tank.

NewGuy01
That substance isn't water, but the fact that Darach threw it makes the difference.

Kit still has better feats as a swordsman, though.

Lord Stark

Yeah so was Cin Drallig and we don't automatically assume he's above Fisto.

Nephthys
Read what I said after that. Drallig wasn't powerful enough to stand next to the greats, but he was still a master of all seven lightsaber forms. Someone being the Jedi Battlemaster is proof of extremely high levels of technical skill IMO.

Syndicate
I'm done debating. Fisto is clearly the better duelist and an apprentice Malgus isn't even close to Grievous. The idiotic sentences in this thread make me want to scream. He also has comparable TK feats which is why I say Fisto. I'm done with this thread you can all continue to debate among yourselves.

Lord Stark
Read what I said after that. Drallig wasn't powerful enough to stand next to the greats, but he was still a master of all seven lightsaber forms. Someone being the Jedi Battlemaster is proof of extremely high levels of technical skill IMO.

No one is denying Kao's technical skill. His duel wielding of a saberstaff and a regular saber was really damned impressive. But that doesn't mean he has better raw power and speed than Kit.

Syndicate
Yep.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Kit still has better feats as a swordsman, though.

Such as? We've already been over Kenobi and Grievous? If I recall, hasn't he had a low showing against Ventress?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lord Stark
No one is denying Kao's technical skill. His duel wielding of a saberstaff and a regular saber was really damned impressive. But that doesn't mean he has better raw power and speed than Kit.

I didn't say that it did. All I've been suggesting is that he's a gifted swordsman with expert technical skill. Which is obviously the case.

And I would say that Kao seems to have better power than Kit, judging from the Force feats.

Syndicate
Kit stomps due to Kao not existing.

carthage
Kit loses because his best feats are beating droids lol.

NewGuy01
Grievous isn't a droid, and neither is Ventress, and neither is Obi-Wan.

carthage
He lost to Ventress, beat a weakened version of Grievous, and beat Obi wan in a practice match.

Hardly that impressive.

Intrepid37
Kao lost to apprentice Malgus. Sooooooooooooooooooooo impressive.

carthage
Still better than Fisto beating droids, a weakened grievous, and losing to a pre-prime Ventress. Lol.

I never even said Fisto would lose to Kao.

Intrepid37
Kit would beat Exar Kun lol

carthage
If Exar was a battledroid sure.

Intrepid37
If Exar was a battledroid sure.
Battle droid > Exar

ares834
And I would say that Kao seems to have better power than Kit, judging from the Force feats.

Nope.

3MG9PvAHfhE

Intrepid37
He ignores CWC bro

carthage
Battle droid > Exar

Yoda's cane> Exar Kun

Intrepid37
Yoda's cane> Exar Kun
Yoda's cane > R2D2> Super Battle Droid > Battle Droid > Exar

ares834
He ignores CWC bro

Perhaps he once did. But considering everything is now non-canon, something being called "exaggerated" or not jiving with power levels as seen in the films isn't quite the death knell it once was. smile

Intrepid37
Yeah Kao doesn't even exist lol Kit stomps this

JediMaster97
How is this even a debate? Kao's only feat is beating Vindican. Kisto would own Malgus from the Return trailer. Kao can't compete.

Nephthys
No, I still see the CWC as exaggerated.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by JediMaster97
How is this even a debate? Kao's only feat is beating Vindican. Kisto would own Malgus from the Return trailer. Kao can't compete.

Wut.

JediMaster97
I mean come on, a more experienced Malgus had trouble fighting Jace Malcom.

Nephthys
And Obi-Wan AND Quinlan Vos had trouble with Cad Bane. Maul had trouble with Pre Visla. Anakin has also had trouble with Bane and others. Malcoms the best soldier in the Republic.

EmperorSidious2
Kao cen darach he was able to take on Darth vindican and Darth malgus by himself for their entire deul and best vindican and if he would not have been tired I beleive he could have beaten malgus and malgus is undoubtbly greater than fisto and the fact that fisto is weak against single opponents and there is no jackal going on an darach is a battle master so he knows all forms including shi cho so darach has a style advantage so I give it to Kao cen darach

EmperorSidious2
Kao lost to apprentice Malgus. Sooooooooooooooooooooo impressive.

He was tired he had just come frm fighting both sith lord all by himself so he was exhausted

carthage
Battle droid > Exar

thumb up

Trocity
Kit Fisto but it'd probably be a decent fight.

EmperorSidious2
Kao cen darach
Fisto is at a severe disadvantage since his form is weak against single opponents with single blades which that's what darach is going to be using and plus darach is a battlemaster and knows all seven forms but specializies in nymand so fisto will have to deal with those force attacks and when he went up against ventress he was beaten and the fight for darach is a good feat since he was able to go toe to toe with both Sith and take vindican out and vindican isn't featless he trained malgus who is noted as a very powerful sith so I wouldnt down play that feat

ILS
Kit.

McP
Kit, high difficulty

Nephthys
Kao or draw.

S_W_LeGenD
Kit have nothing on Kao in showings.

ILS
What are your thoughts on Kao vs Maul in sabers, LeGenD?

Stigma
Originally posted by McP
Kit, high difficulty

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS
What are your thoughts on Kao vs Maul in sabers, LeGenD?

He has Kao>Dooku in an all out, dude, what do you think his thoughts are?

ILS
Please tell me he doesn't.

Stigma
He does. biscuits

carthage
Kit fists him

AncientPower
Kit fists him

I ****ing choked on that. 10/10

Kosmos Supreme
Kit Fister vs Cow Center-arch

I'm no comedian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.