The Death of Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Click here.

Will this be another hype story like the Death of Superman?

I haven't read anything by Charles Soule, so I can't comment on how it will be written.

What say you guys?

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Impediment
Click here.

Will this be another hype story like the Death of Superman?

I haven't read anything by Charles Soule, so I can't comment on how it will be written.

What say you guys?

1. Wolverine is popular, but not popular on the level of Superman.

2. Wolverine has already been featured in a story or two where he dies, IIRC.

3. Wolverine's very power is to miraculously come back from what has killed other heroes.

4. The only Charles Soule story arc I know is the current Superman/Wonder Woman combined title. That one is recognizable to anyone who has even Easter familiarity with the Bible as an altered retelling of Christ's death and resurrection.
Wouldn't surprise me if Jubilee took the Wonder Woman role in bringing her "Superman" (Logan) back in this translation.

Bottom line: The story will be effective if long-lasting but is unlikely to be an event with even half the impact Death of Superman had. Wolverine has too well-known a "cheat death" card built-in to the character for this to have the impact it would with someone else.

BruceSkywalker
Logan is one of the most popular comic book characters of all time.. his "death" will not last too long.. I give Marvel 18 months, then they will bring back Logan

JayDaDon
They said Steve Mcniven was on art. I could have SWORN he died a couple years back. Maybe it was some other high profile comic book artist.

edit. Nope I was thinking of Michael Turner.

Endless Mike
I hope he dies for good

Kazenji
They should leave him dead for at least 1 or 2 years and then bring him back

just don't bring him back quick like Johnny Storm.

Impediment
Nobody stays dead permanently except Uncle Ben.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Impediment
Nobody stays dead permanently except Uncle Ben.

And Captain Mar-Vell

Kazenji
They did something different with Nightcrawler recently, He came back recently but was still dead till he used his Bamfs and his connection to Azazel to restore himself to life back on Earth.

Branlor Swift
The death of Wolverine?

Oh boy this should be as big as the next big mini "The Death of Mr Immortal"!

Galan007
Deadpool said it best:

http://i.imgur.com/XaDJFvB.jpg

basilisk
Well that's it then. Make the most of it because after this we won't ever see Wolverine again except in flashbacks, alternate realities, and reprints.

Ever.

Kazenji
Your kidding yourself.

Magog
Originally posted by Endless Mike
And Captain Mar-Vell
I still hold out hope.

BlackZero30x
They should do this whole plot line where Sabertooth is dying and switches bodies with Logan. Then actually have Logan die and Sabertooth live on in Wolverines body....

lolol Seriously though I want him to stay dead. I know it wont happen but I hope for at least 2-3 years.

Golgo13
He should stay dead for at least 5 years. Won't happen, though.

Bentley
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
They should do this whole plot line where Sabertooth is dying and switches bodies with Logan. Then actually have Logan die and Sabertooth live on in Wolverines body....

Mmmh... You might be into something.

SamZED
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

lolol Seriously though I want him to stay dead. I know it wont happen but I hope for at least 2-3 years. So instead of being Sabertooth he'll be a hairy mutant with sharp claws and healing factor? eek!

BlackZero30x
lol Exactly! You guys understand my vision! People would get all kinds of hyped up for this! I already have the perfect title "The Superior Wolverine!"

Stoic
I think it sucks. i like Wolverine. Well at least when he's written in a good setting like Madripoor, or when he's hunting down some monster in the woods that's above his level like Wendigo. I really hope that they don't kill him off. I doubt that he'd stay dead, or at least this is what i am hoping. Besides if he dies, what happens to all of those stories written about him in the future? Old Man Logan, and such? Stupid ass writers.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Stoic
I think it sucks. i like Wolverine. Well at least when he's written in a good setting like Madripoor, or when he's hunting down some monster in the woods that's above his level like Wendigo. I really hope that they don't kill him off. I doubt that he'd stay dead, or at least this is what i am hoping. Besides if he dies, what happens to all of those stories written about him in the future? Old Man Logan, and such? Stupid ass writers.

They're confined to alternate timelines and realities, of course

StiltmanFTW
McNiven did an incredible job as usual.

The errors and inconsistencies in this mini were horrid, though. Don't get me wrong, it was a good read, but it feels more like a What if. Doesn't make any sense to 616 canon.

Characters coming back from death with zero explanation given just to die again... that was so annoying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.