Thor versus Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spleen
OK kids, let's get into it:

Thor versus Count Dooku. The two are 20 feet from each other. Thor has his hammer in hand. Dooku has his unlit saber in hand. 3, 2, 1, GO!!! Battle to the death!!!! Both are aware of each others powers. Fight takes place on the streets of Mos Eisley.

maxivitopowe
Thor requires

The Spleen
Requires what? A crowbar to pry Dooku's lightsaber out of his ass?

NemeBro
You seem upset.

Thor wins.

BruceSkywalker
thread is funny

WhiteWitchKing
Is Thor aware that Dooku of who Dooku is and that the saber could cut him up? If Thor knows this, he stomps Dooku. Thor would just take to the air and raining lightning down on Dooku's head or just bust him with a Bi-Frost lighting strike.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by The Spleen
OK kids, let's get into it:

Thor versus Count Dooku. The two are 20 feet from each other. Thor has his hammer in hand. Dooku has his unlit saber in hand. 3, 2, 1, GO!!! Battle to the death!!!! Both are aware of each others powers. Fight takes place on the streets of Mos Eisley.

Ur a registered troll and you expect to make a good thread. laughing laughing laughing

maxivitopowe
Requires = rapes

Psychotron
Thor wins if he uses ranged attacks. If he tries to melee Dooku carves him up.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Ur a registered troll and you expect to make a good thread. laughing laughing laughing Takes one to know one, Amirite?

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Is Thor aware that Dooku of who Dooku is and that the saber could cut him up? If Thor knows this, he stomps Dooku. Thor would just take to the air and raining lightning down on Dooku's head or just bust him with a Bi-Frost lighting strike. Mhm, and when Thor attempts to take to the air, Dooku force grabs him and slams him into the ground over and over and over and over and over.......You get the idea.

Wait, let me guess, Thor is too strong for Force TK and cannot be held to the ground by it, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silent Master
Thor wins

quanchi112
Thor stomps. Horrible thread idea.

Darth Martin
None of the Jedi/Sith are a threat to Thor.

Psychotron
You're wrong. An experienced Jedi would wreck Thor in melee.

Time Immemorial
Takes one to know one, Amirite?

Mhm, and when Thor attempts to take to the air, Dooku force grabs him and slams him into the ground over and over and over and over and over.......You get the idea.

Wait, let me guess, Thor is too strong for Force TK and cannot be held to the ground by it, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes the hammer would be override the force under Thor's conrol, the Jedi's would not be able to stop it or take it from him. Now your catching on.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Is Thor aware that Dooku of who Dooku is and that the saber could cut him up? If Thor knows this, he stomps Dooku. Thor would just take to the air and raining lightning down on Dooku's head or just bust him with a Bi-Frost lighting strike.

Great post

Dramatic Gecko
Assuming the Force is able to be used in this scenario, then that means the force is in everything including Thor. Which means Dooku rapes in precog, Powers and Skill.

Just think, Force Pull, Saber through Chest. Saber Throw, Lighting to distract

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Assuming the Force is able to be used in this scenario, then that means the force is in everything including Thor. Which means Dooku rapes in precog, Powers and Skill.

Just think, Force Pull, Saber through Chest. Saber Throw, Lighting to distract

Thor's hammer and being under control of it would override external forces, the hammer was burrowing through the atmosphere into outer space to find Thor on a distant planet, when he calls it it comes. He has more control over the hammer and his powers then most Jedi do, they cant control the weather, only some can use lightning, the lightning would make Thor laugh as lightning is his power and can manipulate it. Dooku could try to throw lightning at him and it wouldn't even harm him. Thor would throw it back and Dooku would get fried.

If Thor can take out the destroyer he cant take a count out..

Dramatic Gecko
Thor's hammer and being under control of it would override external forces, the hammer was burrowing through the atmosphere into outer space to find Thor on a distant planet, when he calls it it comes. He has more control over the hammer and his powers then most Jedi do, they cant control the weather, only some can use lightning, the lightning would make Thor laugh as lightning is his power and can manipulate it. Dooku could try to throw lightning at him and it wouldn't even harm him. Thor would throw it back and Dooku would get fried.

If Thor can take out the destroyer he cant take a count out..

I know man I was just testing to see how people would react.

Time Immemorial
I know man I was just testing to see how people would react.

lol, your good big grin

The Spleen
Yes the hammer would be override the force under Thor's conrol, the Jedi's would not be able to stop it or take it from him. Now your catching on.

Thor himself would be immobilized. The hammer? I dunno, but if the hammer itself was still able to fly around, the Jedi would be able to easily dodge it. Cuz of precog and stuff.

But doesn't Thor have to rear back and throw it? Or can he just silently command it to do what he wants? Not that it matters, even if he is able to silently control it, he will be force choked into unconsciousness in seconds.

Time Immemorial
Thor himself would be immobilized. The hammer? I dunno, but if the hammer itself was still able to fly around, the Jedi would be able to easily dodge it. Cuz of precog and stuff.

But doesn't Thor have to rear back and throw it? Or can he just silently command it to do what he wants? Not that it matters, even if he is able to silently control it, he will be force choked into unconsciousness in seconds.

Force Choke would do nothing against. Your silly tactics don't work. Precog did nothing but help them block blaster fire, your simple over reaching there powers.

The Spleen
Force Choke would do nothing against. Your silly tactics don't work. Precog did nothing but help them block blaster fire, your simple over reaching there powers. There is so much wrong with your post I don't know where to start.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Based on what evidence is Count Dooku powerful enough to force choke Thor?

How has this Jedi bullshit gone on for two threads without any calling you out on these claims?

Robtard
Are you suggesting that old Count Dooki will blow an o-ring trying to hold Thor still?

K-Dog
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

How has this Jedi bullshit gone on for two threads without any calling you out on these claims?

Because he is a troll. It was speculated elsewhere that he may be a previously banned poster. Most of his posts start to make a little bit of sense, then you realize that either it is a newbie posting, or someone trying to tweak things just enough to elicit strong reactions.

The Spleen

How has this Jedi bullshit gone on for two threads without any calling you out on these claims? My last post in the Asgardian thread covers this:

Well, I'm just spitballing here, but you know that thing that all Jedi have access to called the Force? They can like reach out and grab stuff with it. Observe:

FvTa1vxmY3M

FF to 1:33. count Dooku reaches out with the Force and lifts Obi Wan off the ground. A jedi can use the same tactic to hold Thor in place.

Now, it's up to you to prove that Thor cannot be immobilized by the Force.

Also, Thor has no resistance to mind control. Jedi mind trick, anyone?

Your turn.

The Spleen
Originally posted by K-Dog
Because he is a troll. It was speculated elsewhere that he may be a previously banned poster. Most of his posts start to make a little bit of sense, then you realize that either it is a newbie posting, or someone trying to tweak things just enough to elicit strong reactions. I'm a troll for quoting real movie feats to support my argument? I'm a banned member for pointing out that Thor has zero resistance to Force TK and/or Jedi mind control? Explain that.

My guess is that you don't like it when someone else is 100% right and you are 100% wrong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
My last post in the Asgardian thread covers this:

Your turn.

How is holding Obi-Wan Kenobi even remotely comparable to holding Thor in place? You're comparing a regular human being (When not using the force) to Thor......

Strong minds have shown to be able to resist Jedi Mind tricks and it's not exactly feasible in a combat scenario.

Time Immemorial
According to them the force could hold the Hulk as well.

Time Immemorial
I'm a troll for quoting real movie feats to support my argument? I'm a banned member for pointing out that Thor has zero resistance to Force TK and/or Jedi mind control? Explain that.

My guess is that you don't like it when someone else is 100% right and you are 100% wrong.

Now your a banned member because you been accusing other people of being banned members if they don't agree with you and try to get the scent off of you and constantly troll, wrong about everything, stir things up on purpose.

Robtard
"Dude, get out! I need to take a Count Dooku!" -Henchmen 21

The Spleen
Now your a banned member because you been accusing other people of being banned members if they don't agree with you and try to get the scent off of you and constantly troll, wrong about everything, stir things up on purpose. Lol, wut? This is your comeback when I completely and utterly destroy your posts? I bet when you were a kid you would pitch a fit to get what you want.

No candy? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

When did I call you a banned member? Your posting style resembles a banned member, that's why I called you by the banned member's name.

Lol, "member."

meep-meep
Thor gets dooku dookie all over that hammer of his.

The Spleen
Nah, Dooku uses force hold/choke/speed and rapes.

Time Immemorial
Nah, Dooku uses force hold/choke/speed and rapes.

Doku has no speed, his choke would land a hammer up his ass and his hold would no restrain him. No one has ever been "force held" in any movie. Maul was able to briefly stop Obi's forward progress but in no way that was a hold.

Robtard
No one has ever been "force held" in any movie.

Um, Spleen just posted a vid of someone (Obi) being Force-held, Force-lifted and Force-choked all at the same time while the Force user(Dooku) was doing a Force-kick to someone (Anakin) behind him.

This constant downplaying of Jedi/Sith is getting silly.

quanchi112
Thor wins, easily. To suggest otherwise is quite ignorant.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Um, Spleen just posted a vid of someone (Obi) being Force-held, Force-lifted and Force-choked all at the same time while the Force user(Dooku) was doing a Force-kick to someone (Anakin) behind him.

This constant downplaying of Jedi/Sith is getting silly.

Maybe but the constant down playing of the Asgaurdians is equal. The force is only as strong as the user. Dooku force feats are no were on par with Yoda. Restraining someone like Thor who's insanely strong would be very hard and even if he was restrained, he still has the force of his hammer to control of just fly away. The force would not stop his movement.

The Spleen
Doku has no speed, his choke would land a hammer up his ass and his hold would no restrain him. No one has ever been "force held" in any movie. Maul was able to briefly stop Obi's forward progress but in no way that was a hold. Lol, Dooku is a Sith Lord. He can do everything a Jedi can do. Qui Gon used force speed, and he was Dooku's apprentice, so yeah, who taught Qui Gon that?

No none has ever been force held in a movie? Are you high? And yeah, Thor would be easily held by force hold. He has never shown a resistance to TK. If he has, quote the scene.

Wait, such scenes do not exist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Time Immemorial
Lol, Dooku is a Sith Lord. He can do everything a Jedi can do. Qui Gon used force speed, and he was Dooku's apprentice, so yeah, who taught Qui Gon that?

No none has ever been force held in a movie? Are you high? And yeah, Thor would be easily held by force hold. He has never shown a resistance to TK. If he has, quote the scene.

Wait, such scenes do not exist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Find me a scene where the Jedi's fought a god. Oh wait they got killed by storm troopers regularly.

Always talking about speed force where it does not exist.

The Spleen
Find me a scene where the Jedi's fought a god. Oh wait they got killed by storm troopers regularly.

Always talking about speed force where it does not exist.

Ah, "God." There it is.......

The Jedi were killed by CLONE TROOPERS, you knob. There were no jedi to kill when Storn Troopers were around. Now, ask yourself this: How were the Clones able to kill the Jedi?

OK, let's try this a different way, you obviously aren't getting it: Let's say that Thor is standing in front of a single battle droid and must block the blaster fire that the droid unleashes. Can Thor block the blaster fire?

Time Immemorial

Can Thor block the blaster fire?

Yea he blocked it Avengers. Did you watch the movie?

Killed by Clones, no Jedi Power's

But Thor can't kill a Jedi laughing out loud

The Spleen
Yea he blocked it Avengers. Did you watch the movie?

Killed by Clones, no Jedi Power's

But Thor can't kill a Jedi laughing out loud

Mhm, Thor did indeed block blaster fire in said movie. BUT, did he ever block blaster fire from a battle droid?

Think. Think on what was going on in ROTS that enabled the Clones to kill the Jedi.

Stop being a clown and post like an adult.

Time Immemorial
Mhm, Thor did indeed block blaster fire in said movie. BUT, did he ever block blaster fire from a battle droid?

Think. Think on what was going on in ROTS that enabled the Clones to kill the Jedi.

Stop being a clown and post like an adult.

How does him blocking blaster fire from a droid have anything to do with it, were SW Battle Droids in any of the Thor Movies.

Your using a stupid tactic with fails. Was blasters used in the argument.

Straw man argument about battle droids in Marvel Verse.

Chitari>Battle Droids.

The Spleen
How does him blocking blaster fire from a droid have anything to do with it, were SW Battle Droids in any of the Thor Movies.

Your using a stupid tactic with fails. Was blasters used in the argument.

Straw man argument about battle droids in Marvel Verse.

Chitari>Battle Droids.

Answer my question. Hs Thor ever blocked blaster fire from a trade federation battle droid?

Stop dodging and anseer yes or no.

Time Immemorial
Answer my question. Hs Thor ever blocked blaster fire from a trade federation battle droid?

No because that impossible, are you stupid? He's blocked blaster fire from Chitari which are above worthless battle droids.

The Spleen
No because that impossible, are you stupid? He's blocked blaster fire from Chitari which are above worthless battle droids. Ah, yes, but he was never SHOWN blocking fire from a battle droid. Therefore he cannot.

See how silly that sounds? This is how you sound when you claim that Jedi can only use force speed when running away.

Time Immemorial
Ah, yes, but he was never SHOWN blocking fire from a battle droid. Therefore he cannot.

See how silly that sounds? This is how you sound when you claim that Jedi can only use force speed when running away.

No your argument is retarded. He blocked blaster fire from Chitari weapons which is a equal feat, and force speed was used once to run away. Even if they used force speed to run up too them, a hammer gets dropped on them as quick as they showed up.

The Spleen
No your argument is retarded. He blocked blaster fire from Chitari weapons which is a equal feat, and force speed was used once to run away. Even if they used force speed to run up too them, a hammer gets dropped on them as quick as they showed up. Fail. Dooku TK's Thor, rendering him immobile. If Thor can't move he can't fight.

Unless Thor has a feat that proves he is resistant to TK. Still waiting on that....... wink

Time Immemorial
Fail. Dooku TK's Thor, rendering him immobile. If Thor can't move he can't fight.

Unless Thor has a feat that proves he is resistant to TK. Still waiting on that....... wink

Like I said, the TK hold him and he still the force over his hammer. The jedi's are immobile while using TK, and the hammer rapes them. If he is holding onto the hammer he fly's away because he can and they cannot stop Mjölnir.

meep-meep

The Jedi were killed by CLONE TROOPERS, you knob. There were no jedi to kill when Storn Troopers were around. Now, ask yourself this: How were the Clones able to kill the Jedi?

OK, let's try this a different way, you obviously aren't getting it: Let's say that Thor is standing in front of a single battle droid and must block the blaster fire that the droid unleashes. Can Thor block the blaster fire?

Absolutely not. But if his durability is like Hulks then he will be affected but not thrown meters away. Storm trooper blasters have never one two or three shotted anyone on that level. In fact they simply are absorbed in to some material, at least it seems.

Time Immemorial

Answer my question, have they ever fought anyone like Loki or Thor? Thats a big negative strawman.

The Spleen
Answer my question, have they ever fought anyone like Loki or Thor? Thats a big negative strawman. This is your reply? Yeah, you're done here.

UNLESS you can quote a scene where Thor resisted Telekinesis.

Oh yeah, that's right, you can't, because no such scene exists. BTW, yes, my comment was complete BS, I was making a point to you, or at least trying to,. I know you won't get it, but I had to t least try.

Time Immemorial
This is your reply? Yeah, you're done here.

Oh yeah, that's right, you can't, because no such scene exists. BTW, yes, my comment was complete BS, I was making a point to you, or at least trying to,. I know you won't get it, but I had to t least try.

No your done here, cause your force tricks are worthless. You also think the force TK can hold Hulk apparently.

Robtard
Maybe but the constant down playing of the Asgaurdians is equal. The force is only as strong as the user. Dooku force feats are no were on par with Yoda. Restraining someone like Thor who's insanely strong would be very hard and even if he was restrained, he still has the force of his hammer to control of just fly away. The force would not stop his movement.

Um, Dooku wasn't all that far from Yoda, in their battle he did extremely well, but ultimately had to flee cos Yoda is well, Yoda.

Find me a scene where the Jedi's fought a god.

Oh wait they got killed by storm troopers regularly.

Thor isn't a god, dude. Odin explicitly says: "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." to Loki in Thor: The Dark World.

Stormtroopers didn't kill a single Jedi in the films.

Time Immemorial
Um, Dooku wasn't all that far from Yoda, in their battle he did extremely well, but ultimately had to flee cos Yoda is well, Yoda.

Thor isn't a god, dude. Odin explicitely says "we're not gods" to Loki in Thor: The Dark World.

Clone troopers did.

Thor>Clone Troopers

Its a figure of speed. Funny how the cover of the Thor DVD says "God of Thunder"

Time Immemorial
This is your reply? Yeah, you're done here.

And you say I cant spell or use grammar and call me retarded, lmao. Read your only writing hypocrite troll.

Robtard
Clone troopers did.

Thor>Clone Troopers

Its a figure of speed. Funny how the cover of the Thor DVD says "God of Thunder" That's silly A-B logic. If Thor was vulnerable to blaster fire, he'd get mowed down as well by a shitload of Clone Troopers all firing at once. Those guys are competent, unlike Stormtroopers.

I'd take the word of Odin in the film over some silly marketing ploy done for a DVD cover. Thor = not a god.

Time Immemorial
That's silly A-B logic. If Thor was vulnerable to blaster fire, he'd get mowed down as well by a shitload of Clone Troopers all firing at once. Those guys are competent, unlike Stormtroopers.

I'd take the word of Odin in the film over some silly marketing ploy done for a DVD cover. Thor = not a god.

I was pointing out it was a figure of speech. Blaster fire would not even hurt Thor.

Read..

Originally posted by meep-meep
Absolutely not. But if his durability is like Hulks then he will be affected but not thrown meters away. Storm trooper blasters have never one two or three shotted anyone on that level. In fact they simply are absorbed in to some material, at least it seems.

Robtard
Did you read what I wrote? I was clearly implying that Thor isn't vulnerable to blaster fire.

Time Immemorial
Did you read what I wrote? I was clearly implying that Thor isn't vulnerable to blaster fire.

Actually you said he would if he was mowed down by a shit load up them, I did read. Did you read what you wrote, and no he would not, he would fry them all to death.

Robtard
Actually you said he would if he was mowed down by a shit load up them, I did read. Did you read what you wrote, and no he would not, he would fry them all to death.

Oh boy. I said "if Thor was vulnerable", he would be mowed down. Key word there is "if".

Time Immemorial
Oh boy. I said "if Thor was vulnerable", he would be mowed down. Key word there is "if".

I said the word "if" as well, do you really want to play these games? However those clone troopers killed tons of Jedi

Thor>Clone Troopers

Robtard
I said the word "if" as well, do you really want to play these games? However those clone troopers killed tons of Jedi

Thor>Clone Troopers

Oh boy... anyhow. Moving on.

If Jedi were invulnerable to blaster fire as Thor is, they'd not get killed either by blaster fire. See now; why your A-B logic is faulty here?

Fortunately for Dooku, he has a weapon that can harm Thor, should it hit.

quanchi112
Thor stomps.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor stomps.

Repeating "Thor stomps" over and over without supplying a single reason why/how isn't proper debating smile

The Renegade

Thor isn't a god, dude. Odin explicitly says: "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." to Loki in Thor: The Dark World.

Thor is a God. Odin wasn't explicitly being literal when he was speaking to Loki. Loki even sarcastically replies about how they live for five thousand years.

Odin was essentially stating that Thor isn't completely invulernable, even as a God. When Odin stripped Thor of his powers and sent him to Earth as a human mortal, this is the only period where he wasn't a God.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Renegade
Thor is a God. Odin wasn't explicitly being literal when he was speaking to Loki. Loki even sarcastically replies about how they live for five thousand years.

Odin was essentially stating that Thor isn't completely invulernable, even as a God. When Odin stripped Thor of his powers and sent him to Earth as a human mortal, this is the only period where he wasn't a God.

Odin was being literal. Hence his further comments comparing the Asgardians to humanity, as a means to show Loki that they're no better than humanity. Purpose of that scene.

The Spleen
No your done here, cause your force tricks are worthless. You also think the force TK can hold Hulk apparently. Lol, you reek of "Thor wins just cuz I want him to."

You are beaten. Concede.

The Renegade
Odin was being literal. Hence his further comments comparing the Asgardians to humanity, as a means to show Loki that they're no better than humanity. Purpose of that scene.

Yeah, except he wasn't being literal. Thor shares powers and characteristics of a God. He wasn't being literal. He didn't literally mean that Asgardians were like humans, meaning they aren't Gods like they aren't. As I've stated, Loki confirms this with his facetious response.

He compared the Asgardians to humanity but this wasn't him saying the Asgardians weren't Gods. They are Gods. Completely.

The purpose of that scene is to literally show that the Asgardians are basically human and not Gods?

No. You're off. Well off.

Robtard
Yeah, except he wasn't being literal. Thor shares powers and characteristics of a God. He wasn't being literal. He didn't literally mean that Asgardians were just like humans whatsoever. As I've stated, Loki confirms this with his facetious response.

He compared the Asgardians to humanity but this wasn't him saying the Asgardians weren't Gods. They are Gods. Completely.

The purpose of that scene is to literally show that the Asgardians are basically human and not Gods?

No. You're off. Well off.

Yes, he was being literal. Having powers doesn't make one a god by itself. Wizards have powers, are they gods on that merit alone? No. Loki's response is irrelevant, he was talking back like a impudent child to a father that just smacked him.

Film Odin disagrees with your views. Asgardians are not gods. Neither are Frost Giants, just in case you were thinking that.

Odd. Anyhow. "No better" in regards to Loki showing scorn for humanity, wanting to rule Earth. Not Odin claiming he's human.

I'm 100% accurate. So that would be "dead on".

The Renegade
Yes, he was being literal. Having powers doesn't make one a god by itself. Wizards have powers, are they gods on that merit alone? No. Loki's response is irrelevant, he was talking back like a impudent child to a father that just smacked him.

Film Odin disagrees with your views.

No, they're Asgardians, which happen to not be gods.

It doesn't matter how many times you say he was being literal, he wasn't. The comics are based on the God lore and the films are based on the comics. Also, these are not Wizards. They don't just have "powers." They're practically invulnerable and have the characteristics of Gods.

They may not acknowledge themselves as Gods, as Odin may not, but this does not stop them from being Gods to humans and/or the audience. They are, by definition. They are not just a separate race.

His response is irrelevant? Why, because it disagrees with your incorrect point about them NOT being Gods?

Asgardians are Gods. One quote of Odin non-literally disagreeing with such isn't compelling enough evidence.

You're not, no matter how arrogantly you express your view. It's wrong.

Description of one of the Gods, Thor, for the film:

"The crown prince of Asgard, based on the Norse mythological deity of the same name."

A defining excerpt of a deity:

"A male deity is a god, while a female deity is a goddess."

I'm surprised this is even a disagreement. I assumed this was essentially axiomatic. Although, it's you, taking some of the surprise away.

Robtard
It doesn't matter how many times you say he was being literal, he wasn't. The comics are based on the God lore and the films are based on the comics. Also, these are not Wizards. They don't just have "powers." They're practically invulnerable and have the characteristics of Gods.

They may not acknowledge themselves as Gods, as Odin may not, but this does not stop them from being Gods to humans and/or the audience. They are, by definition. They are not just a separate race.

His response is irrelevant? Why, because it disagrees with your incorrect point about them NOT being Gods?

Asgardians are Gods. One quote of Odin non-literally disagreeing with such isn't compelling enough evidence.

You're not, no matter how arrogantly you express your view. It's wrong.

Your assessment of the scene/film is faulty. There are lots and lots of beings who have powers, that are not gods. These films don't always strictly follow the comics.

Considering humanity stopped worshipping them, they are by your own reasoning above they are not gods. They are in fact just another separate race. Like the Frost giants and Dark Elves, who also have powers.

Are the Frost Giants gods? They're tough, they have magical-like powers and they live a very long time.

Living a long time doesn't make a character a god in of itself.

The scene supports my view, that's a fact; not arrogance.

To your edit: "Based on", doesn't mean exactly the same. As I said, the films don't always strictly follow the comics. Your anger jab at me just shows the reason you're here, butthurt from getting mauled by me last time.

"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." -Odin

Deal with it and move on, you're punching WAY above your weight-class. smile

The Renegade
Your assessment of the scene/film is faulty. There are lots and lots of beings who have powers, that are not gods. These films don't always strictly follow the comics.

There are lots of beings that do have powers and are not Gods. Thor and the Asgardians are not those beings. I didn't say they did strictly follow the comics. This doesn't mean they aren't Gods.

Humanity doesn't have to continue worshiping them in order to still be considered Gods. Nothing will be removed that constitutes them as Gods that they have due to a halt in worship.

The Frost Giants are characterized as God-like, but large and strong enough to challenge the Gods. Asgardians only have the label of "Gods," although the Jotunn are often called "minor Gods."

Living a long time doesn't make a character not qualified for Godhood either. The writers of the film and the film itself have referenced Thor and others as Gods. Odin firing out a SINGLE quote (not one that's even literal) doesn't destabilize that entirely.

How so? There are several scenes that contradict it. In the film universe, it is shown that there are "Gods" in historical mythology that are them. You have one line that isn't completely literal to support your view and that's all you have.

Hell, it's one view that is followed by a sarcastic response, with Loki basically saying, "Okay, but we are Gods." Why is your quote more qualifying than mine. Is it Odin's really cool pirate patch? Hahaha, man.

Based on doesn't need to be exactly the same but the implication is carried. I wouldn't watch a movie based on a human, hear him meow once, and then assume he was a cat. The implication is heavy enough. Also, the people who created the film (the relevant criteria of this forum) have said they're Gods.

You've patronized me before and lost. I'd suggest dividing your resources into ways to attempt to debate me properly, rather than showboating while your ship is sinking.

Robtard
Circling your same faulty arguments, gets old.

They're a race that appears god-like and why the humans of old worshipped them as gods due to ignorance.

No, they're not gods. I thought that would have been easy. The Dark Elves, Frost Giants and Asgardians are in effect aliens from different worlds in the films. In mythology, they're not like the Norse gods. You reasoning is funny: Has powers = god.

Odd. Anyhow. Odin > you. Comic bias is always funny in the MVF.

Claiming Loki is more knowledgeable than Odin. What a laugh. The scene is the scene, deal.

Citing the film as evidence is debating properly. Not my problem you're too arrogant and too upset from last time to accept facts. Now if you're just going to keep rewording your previously wrong points, I see no point in going on.

Dramatic Gecko

There are lots of beings that do have powers and are not Gods. Thor and the Asgardians are not those beings. I didn't say they did strictly follow the comics. This doesn't mean they aren't Gods.

Humanity doesn't have to continue worshiping them in order to still be considered Gods. Nothing will be removed that constitutes them as Gods that they have due to a halt in worship.

The Frost Giants are characterized as God-like, but large and strong enough to challenge the Gods. Asgardians only have the label of "Gods," according to the mythos.

Living a long time doesn't make a character not qualified for Godhood either. The writers of the film and the film itself have referenced Thor and others as Gods. Odin firing out a SINGLE quote (not one that's even literal) doesn't destabilize that entirely.

How so? There are several scenes that contradict it. In the film universe, it is shown that there are "Gods" in historical mythology that are them. You have one line that isn't completely literal to support your view and that's all you have.

Hell, it's one view that is followed by a sarcastic response, with Loki basically saying, "Okay, but we are Gods." Why is your quote more qualifying than mine. Is it Odin's really cool pirate patch? Hahaha, man.

Based on doesn't need to be exactly the same but the implication is carried. I wouldn't watch a movie based on a human, hear him meow once, and then assume he was a cat. The implication is heavy enough. Also, the people who created the film (the relevant criteria of this forum) have said they're Gods.

You've patronized me before and lost. I'd suggest dividing your resources into ways to attempt to debate me properly, rather than showboating while your ship is sinking.

The only thing we know for sure is that some Asgardians consider themselves gods, but the most reliable source of them all, ODIN, claimed they are not. Also, if you remember the scene on the Avengers when Loki is about to drop Thor from the sky, Loki seems to know they are not Gods in actuality and that it is just the belief of Humans (The Renegade in particular). All other times of Asgardians refering to themselves as Gods are made out of vanity, assumption and often hyperbole.

The Renegade
Circling your same faulty arguments, gets old.

They're a race that appears god-like and why the humans of old worshipped them as gods due to ignorance.

No, they're not gods. I thought that would have been easy. The Dark Elves, Frost Giants and Asgardians are in effect aliens from different worlds in the films. In mythology, they're not like the Norse gods. You reasoning is funny: Has powers = god.

Odd. Anyhow. Odin > you. Comic bias is always funny in the MVF.

Claiming Loki is more knowledgeable than Odin. What a laugh. The scene is the scene, deal.

Citing the film as evidence is debating properly. Not my problem you're too arrogant and too upset to accept facts.

You're not acknowledging my points. Branagh, the director, and the writers have cited the Asgardians as Gods. They're a higher authority than a character saying something non-literal INSIDE of the film they created.

I'm not biased towards the comics at all, nor have I said ONCE that they had weight. I'm just using the influences of the source material.

I never claimed he was more knowledgeable but this certainly doesn't mean he is wrong about this particular issue. His sarcasm is a given because they are Gods.

They aren't aliens. Even in the film, they're posing as their mythological counterparts and those counterparts are separated as Gods, minor Gods, and so on. The Jotunn, or Frost Giants, are god-like because they have similar strengths and powers to the Gods (the Asgardians).

The humans of old worshiped them as Gods and they also happened to be Gods. They forgot about them due to lack of presence and skepticism. This doesn't suddenly make them not Gods.

Interview with Branagh:

Interviewer: We know he's an all-powerful god, but this movie also makes him kind of a screw-up. His belligerence gets him banished to Earth, which disgusts him. He has to prove himself worthy again to his father but is that what he's doing with the audience, too?

Branagh: In the case of a God, audiences paradoxically enjoy recognizing the human traits. In Thor's case, we are thrilled by his powers, but I think we relate to his emotions. There are some flaws, some foibles, sibling rivalries at work, and romantic entanglements. The way into making a God attractive is to find out where his experience connects to a human one.

Dramatic Gecko
You're not acknowledging my points. Branagh, the director, and the writers have cited the Asgardians as Gods. They're a higher authority than a character saying something non-literal INSIDE of the film they created.

I'm not biased towards the comics at all, nor have I said ONCE that they had weight. I'm just using the influences of the source material.

I never claimed he was more knowledgeable but this certainly doesn't mean he is wrong about this particular issue. His sarcasm is a given because they are Gods.

They aren't aliens. Even in the film, they're posing as their mythological counterparts and those counterparts are separated as Gods, minor Gods, and so on. The Jotunn, or Frost Giants, are god-like because they have similar strengths and powers to the Gods (the Asgardians).

The humans of old worshiped them as Gods and they also happened to be Gods. They forgot about them due to lack of presence and skepticism. This doesn't suddenly make them not Gods.

Give us the quote or film of the director saying this please.

The Renegade
Give us the quote or film of the director saying this please.

Edited. I did already.

Dramatic Gecko

Interview with Branagh:

Interviewer: We know he’s an all-powerful god, but this movie also makes him kind of a screw-up. His belligerence gets him banished to Earth, which disgusts him. He has to prove himself worthy again to his father — but is that what he’s doing with the audience, too?

Branagh: In the case of a God, audiences — paradoxically — enjoy recognizing the human traits. In Thor’s case, we are thrilled by his powers, but I think we relate to his emotions. There are some flaws, some foibles, sibling rivalries at work, and romantic entanglements. The way into making a God attractive is to find out where his experience connects to a human one.

This is crap, Thor is commonly referred to as a God. He simply doesn't care if he says Asgardian or God or etc. Simply using the word doesn't prove your point, however it doesn't discredit it. Show me evidence of him specifying that Thor is actually a god and not a super powerful being from another realm.

The Renegade
This is crap, Thor is commonly referred to as a God. He simply doesn't care if he says Asgardian or God or etc. Simply using the word doesn't prove your point, however it doesn't discredit it. Show me evidence of him specifying that Thor is actually a god and not a super powerful being from another realm.

Your evidence is there. He doesn't need to say, "Thor is a God" or it's wrong. He's discussing Gods and is directly referencing Thor when he says "him." The interviewer's question is ENTIRELY about Thor and Branagh's first sentence is one that refers to him as a GOD.

Thor doesn't care what title he's labelled and also doesn't like to be referenced as one but he IS one. That's the way it is. Some humans like to say they aren't or wish they weren't or "disassociated" out of misanthropy with humankind but they're still humans. This is a similar case with Thor and his father.

Dramatic Gecko
Your evidence is there. He doesn't need to say, "Thor is a God" or it's wrong.

Well with all the other evidence stacking up against your point, yeah he kinda does.

1. Odin says they are not actual Gods
2. Thor Referring to the asgardian powers and realms as science rather than magic
3. Loki knowing they aren't actual Gods in the Helicarrair scene (but still considers himself one)
4. Black Widow using the term "Practically Gods"
5. Shield always referring to Aaguardian's as Aliens.

THe movies make sure we know they aren't Literal Gods, and hell even I refer to Thor as a god in normal conversation but when I think about I always gotta correct myself: "Well he isn't really a god, just a super powerful alien from another realm." It is completely natural for the director to refer to him as a God in a normal interview.

Robtard
Asgardians are an alien race with fantastic powers, super advanced technology and seemingly magical powers.

Not sure why this is in dispute. Though having the title of "gods" or not really means nothing here, as their powers/abilities are what they are, regardless of titles.

The Renegade
Well with all the other evidence stacking up against your point, yeah he kinda does.

1. Odin says they are not actual Gods
2. Thor Referring to the asgardian powers and realms as science rather than magic
3. Loki knowing they aren't actual Gods in the Helicarrair scene (but still considers himself one)
4. Black Widow using the term "Practically Gods"
5. Shield always referring to Aaguardian's as Aliens.

THe movies make sure we know they aren't Literal Gods, and hell even I refer to Thor as a god in normal conversation but when I think about I always gotta correct myself: "Well he isn't really a god, just a super powerful alien from another realm." It is completely natural for the director to refer to him as a God in a normal interview.

Of course it is. It's pretty simple for him to refer to a God because he IS one, plain and simple. What other "evidence?"

You're ignoring the fact that they are referenced many times in the film as Gods, including by Stark, so why only bring up what benefits your point? Confirmation bias extraordinaire or what?

What you have:
- People saying they aren't Gods in the movie.

What I have:
- People saying they are Gods in the movie.
- The director and writers of the FILM saying they are Gods.
- Their characters, worlds, and lore being based off of Gods.

1. Odin wasn't being literal.
2. Thor says they are essentially the same, not that it's one and not the other.
3. Loki "knowing?" He says SEVERAL times he is and makes reference to how they are. You forgot this, right? Right?
4. This isn't strong evidence, honestly. It's one human saying they're practically Gods.
5. "Alien" just means from somewhere else or foreign. You do realize they could be Gods and aliens, right?

ROBTARD NOT GETTING THAT ALIENS AND GODS AREN'T NECESSARILY SEPARATE BY DEFINITION: Asgardians are an alien race with fantastic powers, super advanced technology and seemingly magical powers.

ROBTARD CONCEDING: Not sure why this is in dispute. Though having the title of "gods" or not really means nothing here, as their powers/abilities are what they are, regardless of titles.

Of course my previous post isn't addressed. I was going to assume you conceded but you posted this little snippet.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alien?s=t

^ "Alien" essentially means a person/being/whatever that is from an unfamiliar or foreign place. You DO realize that Thor and crew could be Gods...

*drum roll*

... and aliens?

I disputed them being aliens earlier because I thought you were implying creatures (they obviously aren't creatures but I couldn't be sure because they're also obviously Gods to me) but the only definition that could be applied, because they are not, is the one referencing them as foreigners.

This doesn't exclude them from godhood.

You were discussing weight class earlier. Let me put it this way: I'm the heavyweight champion and you're that scrawny kid in the audience who really loves the sport but will never be a boxer. Ever.

http://www.elsaelsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/stool.jpg

Ooh, a seat. Take it, Robtard.

Darth Martin
Is this really still being debated?

Dooku has lightning, a sword, and limited TK.

Thor is a ****ing powerhouse to which Dooku can't comprehend. The scene where he creates an earthquake against the Frost Giants on the first film, Thor destroying a Chitauri ship, Thor being able to fly(and speedblitz), etc. would all be devastating for Dooku. I'm sure Thor could actually manipulate Dooku's lightning so that point is moot.

None of the Jedi/Sith are a threat to Thor judging from on-screen feats.

Dramatic Gecko
I was never disputing THor loosing. Thor wins against Dooku. I just know that in movie, THor is not actually a God. All of The Renegade's arguments are simply what he believes to be relevant and not. He seems to not be understanding properly, because I did notice Loki called himself a god and I did state this, I also pointed out that he calls himself this out of Habit, Vanity and Hyperbole.

The Renegade
Oh boy, a fantastic response! Although, strangely enough, not one to my argument.

*Provides overwhelming evidence that Thor is a God, even in the films.*

Dramatic Gecko: NO, HE'S ACTUALLY NOT. LOKI JUST SAYS HE IS ONE.

Okay, and Odin just says they're not.

Concession accepted.

Dramatic Gecko
Oh boy, a fantastic response!

*Provides overwhelming evidence that Thor is a God, even in the films.*

Dramatic Gecko: NO, HE'S ACTUALLY NOT.

All you are is a slightly more intelligent Quanchi112, I have given evidence of Thor not being a God and you simply disregard it because you don't agree, I explained why your evidence might not be entirely accurate but you don't seem to comprehend. You are not a debater you are simply stubborn. I see no way to convince you so I might as well just give up and say Thor beats Dooku and we all agree. Whether he is an actual God or not is irrelevant right now.

The Renegade
All you are is a slightly more intelligent Quanchi112, I have given evidence of Thor not being a God and you simply disregard it because you don't agree, I explained why your evidence might not be entirely accurate but you don't seem to comprehend. You are not a debater you are simply stubborn. I see no way to convince you so I might as well just give up and say Thor beats Dooku and we all agree. Whether he is an actual God or not is irrelevant right now.

Yes, I'm the one disregarding. I've refuted your points. You've ignored my post where I argued your position and are sitting here telling me I'm disregarding you? You're within delusion, DG.

No, you haven't. You haven't even addressed the evidence.

You shouldn't be trying to convince or persuade me of something that simply is not true. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong (you factually are) and moving forward. Sometimes, people are wrong. I've even been wrong before. We all have.

In this particular instance, and most of the time, you are incorrect. Rightness and wrongness are about consistency. If you find yourself being wrong a lot (you are), you should spend less time debating and more time evaluating and learning how to actually think reasonably.

Take a critical thinking course. Do something but don't sit here and yap incoherently, thinking you're doing work by merely doing the minimal act of responding.

Dramatic Gecko
1. Odin wasn't being literal. (Sure he wasn't
2. Thor says they are essentially the same, not that it's one and not the other. (Yeah... okay I see this.)
3. Loki "knowing?" He says SEVERAL times he is and makes reference to how they are. You forgot this, right? Right? (No I didn't I did actually address this)
4. This isn't strong evidence, honestly. It's one human saying they're practically Gods. (True, it was her opinion. But think why the Directors would have her say that instead of "They are Gods"wink
5. "Alien" just means from somewhere else or foreign. You do realize they could be Gods and aliens, right? (Woohoo! You know what a word means.)

There I have addressed your "evidence". Are we done? You have your opinion and I have my opinion.

The Renegade
1. Odin wasn't being literal. (Sure he wasn't
2. Thor says they are essentially the same, not that it's one and not the other. (Yeah... okay I see this.)
3. Loki "knowing?" He says SEVERAL times he is and makes reference to how they are. You forgot this, right? Right? (No I didn't I did actually address this)
4. This isn't strong evidence, honestly. It's one human saying they're practically Gods. (True, it was her opinion. But think why the Directors would have her say that instead of "They are Gods"wink
5. "Alien" just means from somewhere else or foreign. You do realize they could be Gods and aliens, right? (Woohoo! You know what a word means.)

There I have addressed your "evidence". Are we done? You have your opinion and I have my opinion.

1. If you're being sarcastic, he wasn't. He didn't sit there and literally compare himself to a human. He was figuratively saying that Asgardians had limitations, LIKE the humans did.

2. You should "see it." It's what happened. Seeing anything else would be fruitless.

3. Poorly, though. You say it's due to "vanity" and whatnot but it doesn't make it any less true, whether it's through arrogance or otherwise. People can be arrogant and can also be right.

4. Why would the directors do this? To instill an opposing viewpoint or to show that humans don't entirely understand the Asgardian Gods? The director, MATTER OF FACTLY, states Thor and the others, are Gods. My explanation is much more reasonable.

5. See, and this is why I say you're not actually addressing me. You saying "woohoo" is not a proper argumentative response. As I said previously, you're doing the bare minimum and are just responding to most of what I have said.

Like, that's a pretty hefty ****ing woohoo because it was one of you and Robtard's major points that I destroyed. I assume this is why it's not being properly addressed.

Ah, yes. The ol' "we both have opinions" cliched nonsense. We also both have organs and breathe air. Anything else to completely blow me away?

Dramatic Gecko
1. If you're being sarcastic, he wasn't. He didn't sit there and literally compare himself to a human. He was figuratively saying that Asgardians had limitations, LIKE the humans did.

2. You should "see it." It's what happened. Seeing anything else would be fruitless.

3. Poorly, though. You say it's due to "vanity" and whatnot but it doesn't make it any less true, whether it's through arrogance or otherwise. People can be arrogant and can also be right.

4. Why would the directors do this? To instill an opposing viewpoint or to show that humans don't entirely understand the Asgardian Gods? The director, MATTER OF FACTLY, states Thor and the others, are Gods. My explanation is much more reasonable.

5. See, and this is why I say you're not actually addressing me. You saying "woohoo" is not a proper argumentative response. As I said previously, you're doing the bare minimum and are just responding to most of what I have said.

Like, that's a pretty hefty ****ing woohoo because it was one of you and Robtard's major points that I destroyed. I assume this is why it's not being properly addressed.

Ah, yes. The ol' "we both have opinions" cliched nonsense. We also both have organs and breathe air. Anything else to completely blow me away?

Thor beats Dooku. This 'point' doesn't make Dooku any less or more beaten. I haven't seen the interview where, the creators SAY he is a literal god. So we have our own interpretations of what happened on screen, mine happen to be different to yours. But I suspect you want to continue to act like hot shit, so go ahead.

The Renegade
Thor beats Dooku. This 'point' doesn't make Dooku any less or more beaten. I haven't seen the interview where, the creators SAY he is a literal god. So we have our own interpretations of what happened on screen, mine happen to be different to yours. But I suspect you want to continue to act like hot shit, so go ahead.

They did, especially when Branagh said Thor was a God. Nothing figurative about that. You're twisting shit to try and be right and it's bad form. You cannot properly respond to my positions and most likely are aware I have more evidence but you've decided to reject it.

Your decision but it changes nothing. The Asgardians are Gods in the mythology, the comics, and the films. End of.

Robtard

Of course my previous post isn't addressed. I was going to assume you conceded but you posted this little snippet.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alien?s=t

^ "Alien" essentially means a person/being/whatever that is from an unfamiliar or foreign place. You DO realize that Thor and crew could be Gods...

*drum roll*

... and aliens?

I disputed them being aliens earlier because I thought you were implying creatures (they obviously aren't creatures but I couldn't be sure because they're also obviously Gods to me) but the only definition that could be applied, because they are not, is the one referencing them as foreigners.

This doesn't exclude them from godhood.

You were discussing weight class earlier. Let me put it this way: I'm the heavyweight champion and you're that scrawny kid in the audience who really loves the sport but will never be a boxer. Ever.

Ooh, a seat. Take it, Robtard.

1) Calm down

2) Starting "concession accepted!" nonsense alreadt lets me know that you know that you're wrong

3) "Alien" can also mean "extraterrestrial".

4) Extraterrestrial = "coming from or existing outside the planet Earth"

5) "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." -Odin

Now that that's settled, go take a nap; here's a nice pillow for you smile

http://cdn2.thegloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/penis-pillow-30405-1284758034-5.jpg

The Renegade
1) Calm down

2) Starting "concession accepted!" nonsense alreadt lets me know that you know that you're wrong

3) "Alien" can also mean "extraterrestrial".

4) Extraterrestrial = "coming from or existing outside the planet Earth"

5) "We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do." -Odin

Now that that's settled, go take a nap; here's a nice pillow for you smile

http://cdn2.thegloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/penis-pillow-30405-1284758034-5.jpg

Existing outside of Earth also means they are still Gods as well as aliens (I'm getting dejavu here). You're literally saying nothing meaningful. I already put that portion of the definition in my post.

The second definition is a foreigner. Something foreign can be from outside of the confines of Earth. Goddamn, you got slammed so ****ing hard into the ground, you don't even know what to say.

Also, you posting the Odin quote once again and not fully knowing how to respond to my last post to you? I mean, there's undeniable beauty there.

You and Quanchi are like the undisputed pinheads of this subforum. Revel in your tainted and wholly deserved shitastic glory.

Robtard
Existing outside of Earth also means they are still Gods as well as aliens (I'm getting dejavu here). You're literally saying nothing meaningful. I already put that portion of the definition in my post.

The second definition is a foreigner. Something foreign can be from outside of the confines of Earth. Goddamn, you got slammed so ****ing hard into the ground, you don't even know what to say.

Also, you posting the Odin quote once again and not fully knowing how to respond to my last post to you? I mean, there's undeniable beauty there.

You and Quanchi are like the undisputed pinheads of this subforum. Revel in your tainted and wholly deserved shitastic glory.

-

"Deja vu" and "sub forum/sub-forum" are separate words.

Did you not like the color?

The Renegade

The Spleen
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Is this really still being debated?

Dooku has lightning, a sword, and limited TK.

Thor is a ****ing powerhouse to which Dooku can't comprehend. The scene where he creates an earthquake against the Frost Giants on the first film, Thor destroying a Chitauri ship, Thor being able to fly(and speedblitz), etc. would all be devastating for Dooku. I'm sure Thor could actually manipulate Dooku's lightning so that point is moot.

None of the Jedi/Sith are a threat to Thor judging from on-screen feats.
You really are a funny guy!!!

r_DwZfyXAXI

Robtard

The Renegade
So what I said, they're actually separate thumb up

Clever, accuse me of not understanding what a "qualifier" is when I had to explain it to you in another thread, which is the source of your butt-hurt and why you're here crying "God! God! God!"

And more mimicking, guess me asking "Is English not your first language" struck a nerve last time.

That's all folks smile

No, I provided sources saying it couldn't be split into separate sentences and your response was practically identical to what I'm getting here, which is a bunch of irrelevant nonsense, repetition, and pictures.

You're evidently capable of nothing more. What do you mean, what you said? You gave two options without identifying the third (the one I used), which is an acceptable option. You said it wasn't when you corrected me and you're wrong a-****ing-gain.

No, it struck no nerve. You factually were the one who misunderstood and denied it, thinking that was good enough or "cleared" you. Why would that ever hit a nerve when I didn't make the mistake?

Anyway, this is grossly off-topic, which was bound to happen when you failed to be able to respond to me with evidence besides one quote, whereas I gave you handfuls of proof as to why Thor and the Asgardians are considered Gods, to which you meekly conceded (halfassed) and then went back on it.

It is what it is.

The Spleen
Robtard mad.

Robtard
No, I provided sources saying it couldn't be split into separate sentences and your response was practically identical to what I'm getting here, which is a bunch of irrelevant nonsense, repetition, and pictures.

You're evidently capable of nothing more. What do you mean, what you said? You gave two options without identifying the third (the one I used), which is an acceptable option. You said it wasn't when you corrected me and you're wrong a-****ing-gain.

No, it struck no nerve. You factually were the one who misunderstood and denied it, thinking that was good enough or "cleared" you. Why would that ever hit a nerve when I didn't make the mistake?

Anyway, this is grossly off-topic, which was bound to happen when you failed to be able to respond to me with evidence besides one quote, whereas I gave you handfuls of proof as to why Thor and the Asgardians are considered Gods, to which you meekly conceded (halfassed) and then went back on it.

It is what it is.

Seems you're confusing yourself.

See, you're confused now, all that dancing has tripped you up.

"No you!".

Another "you conceded", didn't expect that.

The Renegade

Robtard
Alan Taylor using hyperbole to sell his film doesn't change your incorrect views. Did you actually think Taylor was literally saying Odin is god? Damn, you should have taken that nap I recommended.

The Renegade
I've provided fresh evidence.

You?

Repetition.

This is as done as it can get. I've squeezed all of the juice out of this orange.

No, no. That's not him trying to "sell his film." It's him explicitly stating that Odin is God/a God. It's pretty simple. Great edit, though. You can check out my other posts where separate directors and writers have said that they're Gods.

He is literally saying that. They're Gods and Odin stands as king. Plus, the added fact that he's going back to the old mythology, where Odin is also titled "God?" He's done his research. He gets it, Branagh gets it, the writers get it, film characters get it...

It's just you and a few others that share your intellectual capacity that DON'T get it.

Oh, also, going back to the "Norse mythology," where it's PRECISELY outlined that they're Gods? You've nothing to help your case. You're done in, Robtard.

Robtard

The Renegade
"We're not human. We've killed, practiced evil, and been savage just like beasts." Human dude, being figurative like Odin was.

They're Gods because it's stated by various creators of BOTH films and because it follows Norse mythology in both films, even more in the second one, where they are Gods.

The creators have authority over the characters they write. They have the final say and various ones have said they're Gods, with none saying they aren't.

Sowwy, dawg.

Robtard
http://therealmcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/anthonyhopkins-242x300.jpg

"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do."-Odin

DrDeadpool
They are aliens , just very advanced , I think they are even in Milky way (I mean in MCU not comics obviously ) and the nine realms they are talking about are actually solar systems.

The Spleen

"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do."-Odin stick out tongue

The Renegade
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
They are aliens , just very advanced , I think they are even in Milky way (I mean in MCU not comics obviously ) and the nine realms they are talking about are actually solar systems.

Yeah, they are aliens.

And they're Gods.

Time Immemorial

Thor tells his friends on earth that he is no help to them in his mortal form? So if he was a mortal without his powers, what does that make him with his powers, immortal?

meep-meep

"We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do."-Odin

Ill take A Hops' word over sorgo any day every day.

wallman77
I wonder...if the other "alien" races in the mcu look at asgardians as just another race, or ancient "gods of earth". Like how the collector bowed upon seeing sif and volstagg. Tho he might have just been being formal. Im sure the nova corps don't recognize them as gods...why wouldn't they call for theor help when the events of guardians of the galaxy take place. The asgardians seem to just keep to the worlds of the nine realms. Great odin protector of all doesn't seem interested in any other world's troubles. Yea i think they are just advanced aliens. Just probably godlike even by other alien standars. In terms of sheer longevity alone i suppose. I guess the dark elevs are gods too. And the frost giants. And whoever else has been around as long as they have and can kill them in battle. Hell if the kree or the sakaar are shown to be on their level then we should call them gods too. Sorry got of topic btw lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the creators and directors recognize Asgardians as powerful Gods but at the same time, they do not want to alienate some of the general audience. Then again, Odin may have just been trying to humble Loki as he considers humans and others as "mortals" and beneath Asgardians. They might not necessarily be "Gods" but they are clearly far beyond "mortals".

Does this argument stem from Dooku trying to use force powers on Thor's mind? If so, this discussion is not necessary as there are already species in the Star Wars Universe who can resist Jedi mind tricks and even strong willed individuals. They aren't going to work on Asgardian's, much less one like Thor.

Although if you want more concrete evidence, Loki's interaction and mental take over of Eric Selvig makes it clear that the mind of a "God" is on a completely different level then a mere "mortal".

Lestov16
Yeah, they are aliens.

And they're Gods.

Dialogue in a film supersedes hyperbole given in an interview. Doesn't matter if the director said Odin was the Big G Dizzle. If Odin in the film itself said they're not, they're not.

Time Immemorial
I think the creators and directors recognize Asgardians as powerful Gods but at the same time, they do not want to alienate some of the general audience. Then again, Odin may have just been trying to humble Loki as he considers humans and others as "mortals" and beneath Asgardians. They might not necessarily be "Gods" but they are clearly far beyond "mortals".

Does this argument stem from Dooku trying to use force powers on Thor's mind? If so, this discussion is not necessary as there are already species in the Star Wars Universe who can resist Jedi mind tricks and even strong willed individuals. They aren't going to work on Asgardian's, much less one like Thor.

Although if you want more concrete evidence, Loki's interaction and mental take over of Eric Selvig makes it clear that the mind of a "God" is on a completely different level then a mere "mortal".

This^

To add, Thor said he could not be of help to his friends in him mortal form.

The Renegade
Originally posted by Lestov16
Dialogue in a film supersedes hyperbole given in an interview. Doesn't matter if the director said Odin was the Big G Dizzle. If Odin in the film itself said they're not, they're not.

No, it doesn't, especially when it isn't literal. He then goes on to differentiate, claim humans are mortals, and tell Foster that goats don't belong at the banquet table. He was alienating himself from Godhood because he's humble and wise, like humans sometimes do to separate themselves from the evil of humans.

He knows what Gods can commit and makes this clear, especially with someone as arrogant as Loki.

You've got them twisted. Odin's statement is the hyperbole. BOTH directors saying they're Gods, on more than one occasion (and literally so) triumphs the characters notions. The writers, creators, and directors have final say over their characters intentions and designations.

If the creators say they're Gods, especially with the other evidence, they are.

Robtard

That mind-control was due to Loki's scepter and not his own abilities.

The sceptor is of Chitauri origins and is essentially an advanced and very powerful piece of alien weaponry/device.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That mind-control was due to Loki's scepter and not his own abilities.

The sceptor is of Chitauri origins and is essentially an advanced and very powerful piece of alien weaponry/device.

Loki was mind controlling Eric at the end of Thor 1 before he had the scepter.

And Eric is so messed up specifically because he had a "God" in his head.

ares834
They are gods in the sense that they were worshiped.

But are they gods in the sense that they created the Earth or human life etc.... No.

Robtard
Loki was mind controlling Eric at the end of Thor 1 before he had the scepter.

And Eric is so messed up specifically because he had a "God" in his head.

Hmmm, not sure it was shown how he did it. Was it possibly a flash forward and Loki had he scepter already?

Yeah, Eric was a mess. Swedes.

Time Immemorial
Hmmm, not sure it was shown how he did it. Was it possibly a flash forward and Loki had he scepter already?

Yeah, Eric was a mess. Swedes.

No he was controlling Eric, it was not a flash foward. It was a lead up to the next movie. Why say these stupid things? laughing

How do you think Loki found out about the Tesseract in the first place.

The Spleen
Lol, he mad. Retarded mad even.

Kazenji
No he was controlling Eric, it was not a flash foward. It was a lead up to the next movie.

Bingo!

it was the post credits scene for Thor 1.

meep-meep
So whats the verdict on Thor's resistance to the Aether showing? It's like TK personified.

Newjak
I don't see how Dooku can win this. I'm not even sure a lightsaber will carve up Thor. I mean he has already taken laser blasts straight to the chest. I'm also unsure how much of a speed advantage Dooku has, if any. Thor was able to block Chitauri laser fire with his Hammer multiple times.

Also Dooku from the movies best TK feat was the lifting pods and throwing them down at Yoda. Thor can casually send cars flying with a hit. I'm thinking Thor has shown more strength than anything Dooku has had to overpower. Plus we've already seen that the more power Jedi/Sith have to do something the more focus it takes from them to continue the fight. So even if Dooku could retrain Thor I don;t think he would be able to capitalize on it as he would be too busy keeping the pressure up.

I also am highly skeptical that a lightsaber will cut through Thor's hammer as well.

If Thor hits Dooku with any attack though the Sith is a dead man.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Newjak

Also Dooku from the movies best TK feat was the lifting pods and throwing them down at Yoda.

FAIL

Stigma
Thor will win this.

Though I believe if anything can cut Thor up, it will be a lightsaber.

theTANTALIZER
Don't know if the saber will cut Thor. Thor can take earthly hits and even Hulk's earth shattering punches. Thor wins by sheer brute and and extreme physical durability.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't see how Dooku can win this. I'm not even sure a lightsaber will carve up Thor. I mean he has already taken laser blasts straight to the chest. I'm also unsure how much of a speed advantage Dooku has, if any. Thor was able to block Chitauri laser fire with his Hammer multiple times.

Also Dooku from the movies best TK feat was the lifting pods and throwing them down at Yoda. Thor can casually send cars flying with a hit. I'm thinking Thor has shown more strength than anything Dooku has had to overpower. Plus we've already seen that the more power Jedi/Sith have to do something the more focus it takes from them to continue the fight. So even if Dooku could retrain Thor I don;t think he would be able to capitalize on it as he would be too busy keeping the pressure up.

I also am highly skeptical that a lightsaber will cut through Thor's hammer as well.

If Thor hits Dooku with any attack though the Sith is a dead man.

If Dooku hits Thor with force lightning, what then? Thor tanks it like a boss?

quanchi112
If Dooku hits Thor with force lightning, what then? Thor tanks it like a boss? Absolutely.

WildBantha88
I actually have to say Thor, Dookus lightning wasn't very impressive in the movies

The Spleen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Absolutely. Quote a scene where Thor tanked an attack that implies that he tanks force lightning.

Now, Let's talk attack speed. How long does it take Thor to:

1: Summon lightning and direct it to his foe, and

2. How long does it take Thor to attain flight?

God Cloth Seiya
He took punches from hulk fro one.

And Hulks punches > Force lightning

Newjak
Originally posted by WildBantha88
FAIL What was his best feat if that wasn't it?

Time Immemorial
Quote a scene where Thor tanked an attack that implies that he tanks force lightning.

2. How long does it take Thor to attain flight?

1. Instant

2. Instant

The Spleen
1. Instant

2. Instant No, and no. Observe:

Y1g-B8BJzwc

The above video shows Thor in a one on one battle. At 1:04, he motions to summon lightning. It takes a full five seconds to summon the lightning and have it hit Iron Man. It hits him at 1:09.

-m6UKS1L0YQ

The above video shows Thor taking flight. At 2:19 he spins his hammer. At 2:21 he takes flight. It takes 2 full seconds for him to take flight.

So no, neither are instant. Now, I know you will deny this (as usual, when I post indisputable evidence), but my point is proven. Neither are instant. Both, in fact, take much longer than it takes to administer TK to force lightning.

meep-meep
I think Dooku might be able to force lift Thor initially. I don't think Dooku could paralyze Thor and keep him from from the hammer twirl.

The Spleen
Originally posted by meep-meep
I think Dooku might be able to force lift Thor initially. I don't think Dooku could paralyze Thor and keep him from from the hammer twirl. Dooku can lift him easily. And yes, he can keep Thor's arms pinned to his side. TK>>>Brute strength.

meep-meep
I highly doubt it.

quanchi112
Quote a scene where Thor tanked an attack that implies that he tanks force lightning.

2. How long does it take Thor to attain flight? Watch any scene where he tanks attacks from Thor. I mean Dooku's lightning hasn't even broken bone and a brief slap from Hulk would break multiple bones yet Thor tanked it like a boss.

Thor laughs off Dooku's pathetic lightning.

Time Immemorial
Dooku can lift him easily. And yes, he can keep Thor's arms pinned to his side. TK>>>Brute strength.

Wrong, prove they ever had the force to stop a god with superhuman strength. TK is weak.

The Spleen
Lol, so you guys think brute strength>>>>TK? Idiots. Quote a scene where Thor shook off TK and I will concede.

Wait, I know, "Quote a scene where the Jedi held someone with TK as strong as Thor!!"

Right?

meep-meep
The Aether had force like properties.

Also, I wouldn't classify Thor as a brick or plain brute. His powers derive from an undefined mystical-technology source. So its not forcr tk vs brute strength but rather force tk vs asgardian tech-magic. And the feats of the latter poopy on the former.

quanchi112
Lol, so you guys think brute strength>>>>TK? Idiots. Quote a scene where Thor shook off TK and I will concede.

Wait, I know, "Quote a scene where the Jedi held someone with TK as strong as Thor!!"

Right? If the brute strength exceeds anything physically he has tk'd without resistance. It is easier to pick up a dumbbell than to have the weight openly resist against you.

Think.

Time Immemorial

Right?

He shook off Aether Tk when he was fighting Malekith, do you understand now?

The Spleen
He shook off Aether Tk when he was fighting Malekith, do you understand now? OK, describe the fight in detail. How was Thor TK'd?

God Cloth Seiya
Dooku rarely starts off with TK, he will try to fight Lightsaber to hammer but will get hammered in the face.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>