NJO jedi order VS CW jedi order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
The NJO jedi order takes place in 120 ABY before the 3rd jedi purge. And this is the late war Clone wars jedi ( Late 20 BBY and 19 BBY)

Emperordmb
I'm going with the CW era Jedi based on numbers.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm going with the CW era Jedi based on numbers. yea but the jedi always rebuild quite fast for example there first purge was In kotor 2 and almost all of there numbers where gone less then a 100 jedi remained similiar to the great jedi purge. 300 Years Later the jedi are comepletely rebuilt and had even more numbers then the kotor era

Q99
There should be 10,000 Jedi by this point, but it does have the issue that we know very little of their membership.

Kol Skywalker, Nat Skywalker, Wolf Sazen, T'ra Saa, K'Khrukh, Asaak Dan, Rasi Tuum. These are the only Jedi we have combat data on at the time (we know others that were too young to be active). Even most of the council membership is unknown.

Emperordmb
Oh shit! This is without Luke?

I'm definitely going with CW then.

Q99
Oh shit! This is without Luke?

Mind you, during Luke's time there was only 5-600, rather than ten *thousand* smile

Emperordmb
True, but the Jedi of this era don't impress me as much as the Jedi of the CW era, and none of them are on Yoda's level.

Q99
True, but the Jedi of this era don't impress me as much as the Jedi of the CW era,

Luke's era was pretty good, and these are the direct descendants. They haven't gotten complacent like the Jedi did before the CW.

Kol could've been for all we know, or at least close. He only died due to being hit in the back while killing multiple other foes.

T'ra Saa showed some pretty uber battle meditation, she's much stronger in the force than she was in the CW.

Emperordmb
Look... I hate to be the guy who plays the "era superiority card," but the fact of the matter is that the Order of this time lacks members with the same feats of the top CW dogs. Frankly, Kol is the only one on your list who stands out to me.

Q99
Look... I hate to be the guy who plays the "era superiority card," but the fact of the matter is that the Order of this time lacks members with the same feats of the top CW dogs. Frankly, Kol is the only one on your list who stands out to me.

Well, that's the thing- This is a low-information time frame.

This is 7 years before a war, which they then fought with the Sith and Imperials for 3 years, at the end of which a lot of them were attacked in the temple and killed with overwhelming military force (sith + many many soldiers).

Could've been tons of badasses killed in the massacre. Someone killed Darth Nihl's predecessor among the Sith Hands. There might've been some buried in tons of bodies before they went down. We simply do not know.

And here's a feat T'ra Saa and Nat Skywalker did- Focused the entire power of an exploding reactor into a death-beam to clear a path for the allied fleet to escape.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110510232351/starwars/images/5/54/TraNatBeamofLight.jpg

That's gotta take some force power.

PTforthewin
True, but the Jedi of this era don't impress me as much as the Jedi of the CW era, and none of them are on Yoda's level. K'Khruk was a jedi since the Yinchorri Uprising and participated in the geonosis arena battle he was also a great jedi during the clone wars, he survived order 66, and the jedi purge and after the Yuzzhan Vong war he reemerged and joined the new jedi order. And still lived and survived the second galactic civil war. I think he would be the Yoda of the legacy era.

Emperordmb
well he's apparently the Grand Master, but that doesn't necessarily make him as powerful as Yoda.

Q99
well he's apparently the Grand Master, but that doesn't necessarily make him as powerful as Yoda.

Probably a deal stronger than he was in his youth, at least, and he was fairly formidable back then.

He only becomes Grand Master at the end of legacy btw.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Q99
Probably a deal stronger than he was in his youth, at least, and he was fairly formidable back then.

He only becomes Grand Master at the end of legacy btw. His prime is most likely during legacy or the Jedi Purge.

Q99
Likely.

Anyway, for this one I say 'insufficient info.' The Clone Wars Jedi have already taken significant casualties from the war, while the NJO Jedi are fresh and before their own war. That, combined with the lack of info on the NJO's top Jedi and such, makes it hard to judge.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Q99
Likely.

Anyway, for this one I say 'insufficient info.' The Clone Wars Jedi have already taken significant casualties from the war, while the NJO Jedi are fresh and before their own war. That, combined with the lack of info on the NJO's top Jedi and such, makes it hard to judge. I think the clone wars weeded out the weak and by the end of the war only the strongest jedi remained

Q99
Originally posted by PTforthewin
I think the clone wars weeded out the weak and by the end of the war only the strongest jedi remained

Sure, but it also reduced the numbers.

Hm, I do wonder what the peak of the PT Jedi is... I'd guess maybe a year into the war, where the Jedi are reasonably experienced, but the casualties haven't ground them down so much and where they haven't lost people like Oppo.

Notably, at the end of the war they seem to have no battle meditators left, and we know they can have a major effect on wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.