Fargo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Newer show, started a few weeks ago. If you're not watching it, you should. Don't be a loser.

0mega Spawn
Good show

Lexington
Re-watching the movie required?

Robtard
No. There are some scenes that if you have the movie fresh in your mind you might say "ahhh", but if you're film ignorant, you're fine.

This has also turned out to be a great show. Billy Bob is an extra special treat in this. A very memorable villain.

AbnormalButSane
I love it so far. Great cast.

ares834
Fantastic series. Billy Bob Thornton was phenomenal. To bad his character died. I was hoping he would serve as the "hook" between the seasons.

riv6672
What a finale!
Best show of the season.

Epicurus
Watched the first five episodes. Seems to be an interesting series.

Galan007
Anyone have a guess as to why Lester randomly confronted Billy Bob's character in the bar, instead of just leaving w/o incident..?

ares834
He didn't want to "confront" him per se. Rather he wanted to be recognized rather than just ignored as he was pretty much his entire life.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Galan007
Anyone have a guess as to why Lester randomly confronted Billy Bob's character in the bar, instead of just leaving w/o incident..?
Ego. Which ironically BB's char helped bolster due to the events shown prior in the series.

Smart Lester would have known to run. Egotistical Lester decided to pick a fight. Didn't end well for either of them ultimately.

Edit: Am thinking of making a Lorne Malvo avie/sig now.

marwash22
bnc3tuiXoiw

marwash22
I'm looking forward to this; but it's probably gonna suffer from 'True Detective' syndrome, in that, there's no way it's gonna be as well done as the first season.

ares834
Anyone still watching this? The second season is shaping up to be every bit as great as the first.

Robtard
I'm waiting until S2 is over so I can marathon it in a few chapters. I hate having to wait week after week for a show I love.

marwash22
Originally posted by ares834
Anyone still watching this? The second season is shaping up to be every bit as great as the first. I thought this was gonna be an anthology type deal, which is why i assumed there'd be a dip in quality like 'True Detective'.

The main characters in season one were better, but the quality of the show hasn't declined in the slightest.

it's easily the best show on tv atm.

The Nuul
It is the best show on TV atm. Another great ep the other night, this whole season has been top notch and it keeps getting better.

thumb up

Carl Weathers was hilarious

Galan007
So they went the UFO route with this. Srsly.

none

queeq
Wow, this show rocks! Even better than series 1, which is almost impossible.

And the UFO route is just a thingy, you know... it's the Coen Brothers spirit all over this thing. And as usual, it's not out of the blue. There was a major UFO sighting by a police officer in Minnesota 1979: http://www.ufocasebook.com/minnesotasheriff1979.html

In other words: bloody brilliant!

Galan007
Yeah, I guess I just don't see any reason at all for the show to randomly introduce the UFO mythos. /shrug

Still a great series... I just didn't care for that, is all.

queeq
Is fine.

But to me it fits right in with the way the Coens use to make movies. And this series is very much made in their spirit.

Same with the weird hair cut obsession by Hanzee.

Loved it, great series. Never realised until the end how it tied in with series 1.

Galan007
Yeah, that was very clever how the finale tied-into the first season.

All in all this was a fantastic series/season. I prefer it to the first, tbh(which is saying something given how great the first season was.) thumb up

Robtard
Loved S2 more than the first. Guessing they'll do a third due to popularity, but haven't checked.

queeq
S2 definitely is better than S1, which was darn near outstanding. Which makes S2 a super achievement.

Robtard

queeq
Indeed. Three thumbs up!

Ushgarak
I would say- and I love Fargo immensely- I am not sure the Moses Tripoli tie-in entirely worked for me. I have difficulty connecting the two characters.

queeq
Why not?

Ushgarak
Because they did not seem to be remotely comparable people. It's a very arbitrary connection.

queeq
True, but hardly vital to the story, is it.

Ushgarak
Not at all, no; it was just the one bit where I think they overeached a tad in connecting the two series.

I might also say that I think Betsy's refutation of Camus was useless- aside from anything else, Camus had children. But I am not sure if that was meant to be serious comment from the writers or if it is just the sort of thing we might expect Betsy to say. Regardless, her situation as much as anyone's in Fargo fairly much underlines the absurdity of life.

queeq
Oh absolutely.. absurdity is the name of the game here.

Robtard
Going back to season 1, have to sort of agree with Ush, the Moses (old fat bald guy who was killed) we saw a peak of was not in line at all with Hanzee. Even if we take Hanzee's need of wanting to be "professional", it's still extreme in both looks and character.

Am wondering if there's going to be another twist concerning Hanzee in S3 now.

queeq
Nope! S3 will be be taking place after series 1.

Robtard
The idea was that Hanzee was not really the Moses we saw killed in S1 and he's still out there, doing Hanzee stuff. But yeah, likely just a pipedream.

Ushgarak
I did consider that but, leaving aside some narrative stroke of brilliance that I cannot foresee, I can't see how they would do that without it amounting to "What was the point of all that, then?"

It was just a link too far in the end, I think. He would have been perfectly good just as the guy who inspired Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench.

queeq
Well, isn't "What was the point of all that, then?" not a typical Coen theme? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.