The Prodigal Knight vs The Hero of Tython

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Revan at the end of Knights of the Old Republic.
-vs the mighty-
The Hero of Tython at the end of Act 2 of The Old Republic.

Battle takes place on a non-amped replica of the Observation Room on the Star Forge. Revan stands where Malak did, Hero stands where Revan did.

NewGuy01
Interesting topic. It's a good thing all of Hero's good feats are before act 2 sans Vitiate. Then again, he did get pwnt by the Emperor at this point, which seemed like BS but no matter, no matter.

Stealth Moose
Scourge seemed to think the Hero was either more capable or stronger in the Force compared to Revan, I don't recall directly. HoT is also a bonafide saber master and peerless in that regard, which Revan - while great - is more noted for his Force mastery.

I'm not sure.

Nephthys
Revan did put up more of a fight vs Vitiate than the Hero did, but it was partially because he'd prepped for it by figuring out a defense vs his TP which screwed Vit over, as well as his excellent tutaminis/lightsaber deflection ability.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This is not Revan from his novel

Nephthys
Hmm, good point.

Then I'd give it to the Hero.

UltimateAnomaly
Hero. He's a lightsaber prodigy. Hell, he's pretty much the gold standard when it comes to sabers, and he's not slacking on the force side either. Even Act 2-wise, I still think he'd take Revan from KoTOR

Fated Xtasy
The Hero Of Tython with mild difficulty, Revan is still not as attuned with both sides as he was in the Revan novel, still it's in no way a stomp by HoT

PTforthewin
HoT had horrible force skills.

Based
Revan easily. At the end of Act 2, the four characters still struggled against Kilran.

psmith81992
One fought the actual Emperor, the other fought the Emperor's Voice.

Nephthys
Nah, Vitiate didn't have a Voice until after Revan, so Revan couldn't have fought it.

psmith81992
I just said that.

Nephthys
No, what you said is factually incorrect.

psmith81992
Revan fought Vitiate, HoT fought Vitiate's Voice. What aren't you getting?

Emperordmb
To get straight to the chase, Neph seems to think the Hero killed the real Vitiate and not his voice.

psmith81992
He's an idiot if that is the case.

Based
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
The Hero Of Tython with mild difficulty, Revan is still not as attuned with both sides as he was in the Revan novel, still it's in no way a stomp by HoT

Doesn't matter, Malak said that redeemed Revan was already stronger than Darth Revan. He doesn't have to be attuned to both to be powerful.

psmith81992
Unless he's saying this is Revan right at the end of KOTOR, in which case that's the fight that's advertised and he's technically correct.

Nephthys
Originally posted by psmith81992
He's an idiot if that is the case.

I have the link to a head writer directly saying that it was the Emperors real body right in my profile bro. You can check it out whenever you want.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Nephthys
I have the link to a head writer directly saying that it was the Emperors real body right in my profile bro. You can check it out whenever you want.

Please link us here. I've played the game.. Repeatedly. There's plenty of SWTOR material that EXPLICITLY shows that he's the voice.

Nephthys

psmith81992
So the in game email we get is a hoax? Lol. Not to mention the emperor is a sith pureblood

Arhael
I argued long ago that the email is a hoax. It doesn't make sense why Emperor would need a recovery time. DE Palapatine demonstrated that he is fully capable right after essence transfer. Also, both Bane and Sidious demonstrated that after essence transfer original body gets destroyed, so there is no way for original body to be preserved.

psmith81992
It makes perfect sense. When Sidious was thrown from the shaft, it took his spirit YEARS to recover. And not only was that email confirmed part of the storyline (and not a hoax), but the Emperor is a pureblooded sith. His Voss was a voice, as was his human.

Arhael
It makes perfect sense. When Sidious was thrown from the shaft, it took his spirit YEARS to recover. And not only was that email confirmed part of the storyline (and not a hoax), but the Emperor is a pureblooded sith. His Voss was a voice, as was his human.
Proof it took him years to recover.

In DE Emperor makes transfer to another clone body, while Luke was destroying clones. The moment he entered body, he was fully capable of fighting and defeated Luke. A bit later he summoned Force Storm. It demonstrates that there is no need to recover physically or Force wise.

psmith81992
It's explicitly stated, although I forgot where (ask Gideon he's the resident Sidious expert) that once Sidious' spirit left his broken body, it traveled to Korriban and then to Byss where it took him like 6+ years to regain his strength.

Possibly because he was dying because of the dark side and not being thrown down a shaft and having his body shattered, or that he's mastered the technique. At any rate, this is irrelevant because it's explicitly stated in the game, on many occasions, that the Hero fought the Emperor's Voice. Add the fact that we know the Emperor to be a sith pureblood, and there's your answer.

Nephthys

Because that was his real body. Later it takes him a few minutes or something to hop around clone bodies. Just like how Vitiate is pretty chipper about his Voice getting killed on Voss while the thing the Knight kills goes berserk with lightning while dying and he goes nuts after it dies and can't recover effectively.

The Emperor could just be heavily darkside corrupted, which turns a Siths skin white. The email could just be a lie.

At any rate, this is irrelevant because it's explicitly stated in the game, on many occasions, that the Hero fought the Emperor's Voice. Add the fact that we know the Emperor to be a sith pureblood, and there's your answer.

Its stated once by a fallible source. A developer flat out said it was really him. End of discussion.

psmith81992
Because that was his real body. Later it takes him a few minutes or something to hop around clone bodies. Just like how Vitiate is pretty chipper about his Voice getting killed on Voss while the thing the Knight kills goes berserk with lightning while dying and he goes nuts after it dies and can't recover effectively.

The Emperor could just be heavily darkside corrupted, which turns a Siths skin white. The email could just be a lie.

There is no proof that the email is a lie. That's on you to prove. And again, we know the Emperor is a sith pureblood. Therefore any body that isn't a sith pureblood is a voice. Everything else is pure conjecture.

Nephthys
There is no proof that the email is a lie. That's on you to prove. And again, we know the Emperor is a sith pureblood. Therefore any body that isn't a sith pureblood is a voice. Everything else is pure conjecture.

Ok, a lead writer says it was the Emperors body. Well, that was easy to prove.

And so he is. As I said, he was just very corrupted and his skin turned white. The same source that stated the Emperor was a Sith pureblood said that he's so corrupted that he doesn't resemble anything any more.

psmith81992
I'd like context and the actual link. I doubt he'd say that knowing he already gave the emperor a name and species.

And your argument doesn't make sense. The voice the Hero fought was confirmed as human.

Emperordmb
Technically any body the Emperor's spirit inhabits would be owned by him and would therefore be "his body". Furthermore, specifying that the body died indicates that his spirit lived on.

psmith81992
But if it was stated that his spirit went back into his actual body to slumber, and the Emperor's children were going insane because he was still in their head muttering incoherent things? It's pretty clear.

Nephthys
That was the actual link. You can listen to the whole podcast if you want context. They start talking at 26.40 about whether the Emperor was really killed or not and then he says it. Then he goes on to say that just because the Emperors body is dead doesn't mean his consciousness isn't returning.

Ok, whatever Beefy.

psmith81992
Stop rationalizing. If you claim "lead writer says he's dead", then you have the entirety of the game and swtor.com show otherwise, it's not exactly as clear as you want.

Uh either your reasoning skills are severely flawed or mine are because it's pretty clear that he's talking about the body that fought the Hero. He elaborated by saying "this isn't the first time the Emperor's body has died", which is basically saying "he has many bodies", aka voices.

Nephthys
The entirety of the game and swtor.com? Lmao, I'm not seeing shit showing otherwise. Sorry Beefy, you lose.

psmith81992
The entirety of the game and swtor.com? Lmao, I'm not seeing shit showing otherwise. Sorry Beefy, you lose.

Scroll up, looks like you lose, as usual.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.