Revan's Lightsaber Skills Overview

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66

"The next hour is spent frantically blasting, swiping, and crushing countless Dark Jedi and Sith heavy weapons and elite troopers on your way through the decks of the space station."

Now, your probably thinking "so what, sure he killed hundreds of Sith, but they are featless." That is WRONG. These Dark Jedi are NOT featless. They are above your proficient Jedi Knight. Why do I say "proficient"?
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/shadow10.png
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-12-2014/B0xG36.gif
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-12-2014/t42mG1.gif
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-12-2014/hreVqR.gif
They defeated the Jedi Knights assigned by the Jedi Council to aid Revan on his Star Forge assault. The Jedi Council would not assign fodder Jedi to be Revan's backup in case he was injured, so all logic points to these being fairly skilled Jedi, who were defeated by Dark Jedi. Heck, must I really even mention how greatly they were being amped? Hopefully these quotes do justice:

"The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."
"Malak powered the Star Forge with captured Jedi Knights, drawing on their powers to augment the massive input if the Unknown World's star."
"Here on the Star Forge the power of the dark side is at its strongest!"

"Slaughtering" hundreds of Dark Jedi where they are being incredibly amp is one of the greatest lightsaber feats in the mythos, and honestly only replicated by Tulak Hord to Jedi.

Revan's battle precognition is undeniably one of the best in the mythos, and perhaps IS the best. Let me provide the quote:
"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."

and then by Chris Avellone: "The Echani rely heavily on hand-to-hand combat and personal shield technology, and they had their asses handed to them by Revan during the Jedi Civil War, because, not surprisingly, there weren't many people able to face Revan across a battlefield and survive the encounter."

As you can see, Revan's Precognition is a huge booster for Revan, but obvious not an auto win, however some could claim it has been in the past. I am referencing to the fact he utterly destroyed an Imperial Guard in combat (these guys are stated to be feared by even the Dark Council, and to be a match for even a skilled Jedi) via Precognition:

"The guard recognized the familiar ploy, countering it by parrying the overhand chop then quickly dropping his blade low to intercept the inevitable slash at his legs. Only Revan didn't go for his legs. Anticipating that his opponent's defenses would go low, he kept his blade up high, allowing him to end the battle with horizontal cut across the man's exposed throat."

I will argue this precognition will make up for his absence is numerous speed feats, due to the fact he will be able to predict the opponents movements NUMEROUS swings in advance. *motions to the fact he can predict wars months in advance*

Revan is a highly capable duelist, and to give him a defeat against someone like Count Dooku solely because of Revan's lightsaber skills is a foolish decision to make. Revan is capable of handling very skilled duelist in lightsaber combat, as demonstrated by his feats and accolades. Thank you for reading.

Tzeentch
That's a pretty impressive resume for an inanimate object.

Greatest lightsaber ever?

DarthAnt66
As if you read it all that fast.

I fixed the title if that's what you are referring to.

Tzeentch
It's absolutely what I was referring to.

Emperordmb
Great analysis!

I always thought the Echani thing was more tactical foresight than precognition though.

Also the Soresu explanation is incomplete.

DarthAnt66
Nah, just "as well as" should not be there. But thank you. smile

PTforthewin
What is a revan? No longer cAnon /modsplzhelpfanboyragealert

Emperordmb
These comments are starting to get really annoying and pointless...

SHUT UP

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
These comments are starting to get really annoying and pointless...

SHUT UP you just can't accept the truth, huh fanboy?

Emperordmb
I don't even like Revan very much, these comments are just getting extremely pointless and annoying.

EDIT: It's also ironic that you would call me a fanboy, considering your username.

DarthAnt66
This is not the point of this thread.
I am discussing "Legends".

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Firstly, I would like to point out, I don't recal anyone who has faced a lone Terentatek and lived (no, Neph lied, or perhaps twisted his word to make it seem otherwise. Nox had Khem Val in his duel with a mere Terentatek),

The Sith Warrior does though. The Beast of Marka Ragnos is a Terentatek.

DarthAnt66
Ah so they both did? I'm surprised they had that many Terentatek's to go around.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There were only 2.

Yeah, and the one the warrior solo'd was supposed to be pretty badass. Beaten to perfection by good ol' Ragnos.

Nephthys
Theres dozens on Belsavis though iirc.

Or at least things that very closely resemble them.

DarthAnt66
They must have had a breeding season.
By KOTOR it seemed like Revan killed the last one.

PTforthewin
They must have had a breeding season.
By KOTOR it seemed like Revan killed the last one. revan is nothing more then the average jedi he's at least at Cin dralligs level or below

DarthAnt66
thumb up among "The most powerful of the Jedi"=average Jedi.

PTforthewin
thumb up among "The most powerful of the Jedi"=average Jedi. [/ what was so powerful about him? Killing a few mandalorians? Killing a Tarentetek? Not that impressive. Defeating weak, under average dark jedi? Defeating a cowardly Sith Lord? Those are the only feats he has

Nephthys
Buzz off back to lego land kid, the adults are talking.

DarthAnt66
Great analysis!

I always thought the Echani thing was more tactical foresight than precognition though.

Also the Soresu explanation is incomplete.
Nah, it's confirmed Battle Precognition. However, his fast knowledge in military tactics probably helped. THis reminds me of a topic to make...

Fated Xtasy
Awesome thread Ant, I loved how in depth you were and I loved how you provided evidence, I mean it's sad to see revan's along with many other great stories and character(Kreia comes to mind) just be wiped away clean, but all good things come to an end, either way I really enjoyed your thread, even if TOR/KOTOR Era haters deem him a fan-fiction OC. keep up the good work, wink

Emperordmb
Nah, it's confirmed Battle Precognition. However, his fast knowledge in military tactics probably helped. THis reminds me of a topic to make...
I always thought it was the other way around. I thought it was tactical foresight (somewhat akin to what Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes does) supplemented by precognition, which would make sense because I don't recall all Echani being force wielders, and the fact that they are intimately familiar with the rhythms of combat to the point to which it's almost a language for them. The quote does seem to indicate this by referring to how the Echani are " their opponents" so that they can "know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects." The fact that it is referred to as being akin to a "game of dejarik" (which I assume is similar to chess) also implies that it is mostly a tactical thing.

This would also explain the lack of any mention of the force here, and the fact that what would be presumably godly precog is never mentioned again, but his tactic ingenuity is practically legend.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Awesome thread Ant, I loved how in depth you were and I loved how you provided evidence, I mean it's sad to see revan's along with many other great stories and character(Kreia comes to mind) just be wiped away clean, but all good things come to an end, either way I really enjoyed your thread, even if TOR/KOTOR Era haters deem him a fan-fiction OC. keep up the good work, wink whats so great about about kotor 1 and 2 the gameplay was horrible and boring and very little action. The jedi knight series was far better

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by PTforthewin
whats so great about about kotor 1 and 2 the gameplay was horrible and boring and very little action. The jedi knight series was far better

I personally enjoyed both series, but there something about Kotor that to this day still draws me in and makes me want to play it, whether its Kreia's gray view of the force, the exile's wound and destruction of a planet, Revan's retraining and power or simply hearing the mystery behind the Mandolorian wars and Jedi civilization wars I just really enjoy it, its like watching a movie you like, it never gets old or boring, Bastila, Carth, Jolee, Atton, Visas, HK-47, T3-M4, Canderous, Meetra, Kreia, Malak and Revan, these character are very different compared to the anti-hero bull we get from Starkiller or the Super generic 'Chosen One's BS we get from Anakin, it was different imo, Kreia views amazed me, her reasoning amazed, and her character is one of the most original ones I've ever seen or read, Revan a brilliant yet imperfect Jedi master who's views are considered taboo by the Jedi order, Meetra a Jedi that cut her self off from the force in order to survive and became stronger for it, a Jedi riddled with guilt over the tremendous loss of life at malachor V, making her forsake all of the Jedi tenets. Kotor is a game that I still enjoy to this day, the dialogue, the voice acting, the story, Revan and The Exile, it was a dark and welcomed change of pace, and though they might not be considered canon anymore, to me, Kotor along with all of its characters,remains one of the best games and eras of the classic Star Wars EU.

PTforthewin
I personally enjoyed both series, but there something about Kotor that to this day still draws me in and makes me want to play it, whether its Kreia's gray view of the force, the exile's wound and destruction of a planet, Revan's retraining and power or simply hearing the mystery behind the Mandolorian wars and Jedi civilization wars I just really enjoy it, its like watching a movie you like, it never gets old or boring, Bastila, Carth, Jolee, Atton, Visas, HK-47, T3-M4, Canderous, Meetra, Kreia, Malak and Revan, these character are very different compared to the anti-hero bull we get from Starkiller or the Super generic 'Chosen One's BS we get from Anakin, it was different imo, Kreia views amazed me, her reasoning amazed, and her character is one of the most original ones I've ever seen or read, Revan a brilliant yet imperfect Jedi master who's views are considered taboo by the Jedi order, Meetra a Jedi that cut her self off from the force in order to survive and became stronger for it, a Jedi riddled with guilt over the tremendous loss of life at malachor V, making her forsake all of the Jedi tenets. Kotor is a game that I still enjoy to this day, the dialogue, the voice acting, the story, Revan and The Exile, it was a dark and welcomed change of pace, and though they might not be considered canon anymore, to me, Kotor along with all of its characters,remains one of the best games and eras of the classic Star Wars EU. nice speech

Fated Xtasy
nice speech
Thanks, I aim to please.

DarthAnt66
I always thought it was the other way around. I thought it was tactical foresight (somewhat akin to what Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes does) supplemented by precognition, which would make sense because I don't recall all Echani being force wielders, and the fact that they are intimately familiar with the rhythms of combat to the point to which it's almost a language for them. The quote does seem to indicate this by referring to how the Echani are " their opponents" so that they can "know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects." The fact that it is referred to as being akin to a "game of dejarik" (which I assume is similar to chess) also implies that it is mostly a tactical thing.

This would also explain the lack of any mention of the force here, and the fact that what would be presumably godly precog is never mentioned again, but his tactic ingenuity is practically legend.
No, because you ask the Maiden to learn the power Revan had (just lesser, of course) and they grant you the ability of Battle Meditation.

Emperordmb
What does battle meditation have to do with this?

carthage
revan is nothing more then the average jedi he's at least at Cin dralligs level or below

Fated Xtasy
revan is nothing more then the average jedi he's at least at Cin dralligs level or below

Yeah because an average Jedi could break a sith emperor's hold over them, an average Jedi could INFLUENCE the emperors mind and buy the republic sometime, an average Jedi withstood 300 years of torture and still managed to keep the Foundry a secret, an Average Jedi that defeated A supposed power Sith lord named Nyrris with minimal effort, an Average Jedi survived the emperors dreaded lightning, an average who's views on the sith are what laid the foundation for the rule of two, an Average Jedi who bane considered a 'true' sith Lord, an average Jedi that delved in the dark And ancient knowledge of both Malachor and Korriban, Yeah Revan is an 'average' Jedi.

PTforthewin
Yeah because an average Jedi could break a sith emperor's hold over them, an average Jedi could INFLUENCE the emperors mind and buy the republic sometime, an average Jedi withstood 300 years of torture and still managed to keep the Foundry a secret, an Average Jedi that defeated A supposed power Sith lord named Nyrris with minimal effort, an Average Jedi survived the emperors dreaded lightning, an average who's views on the sith are what laid the foundation for the rule of two, an Average Jedi who bane considered a 'true' sith Lord, an average Jedi that delved in the dark And ancient knowledge of both Malachor and Korriban, Yeah Revan is an 'average' Jedi. those arent feats those are game mechanics. Any PT council member can defeat him

Fated Xtasy
those arent feats those are game mechanics. Any PT council member can defeat him http://forums.riftgame.com/attachments/pvp-warfronts/10105d1301954626t-one-fight-6k-plat-ok-what-media_preview.jpg
You DO know that all of these feats and accolades are NOT game mechanics they are explicitly stated in both the TOR game and The Old Republic: Revan novel.

DarthAnt66
What does battle meditation have to do with this?
*Battle Precognition.

DarthAnt66
Update: This thread sucked so I made an updated and expanded version. Hopefully you enjoy: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.