Canonicity Questions...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
I understand the film-specific novelizations, as well as TCW/Rebels, will still remain canon in lieu of this company-wide overhaul--but where does that leave sourcebooks, guidebooks, and encyclopedias that are also specific to the films and/or TV series'? For example: would TCW Character Encyclopedia or RotS: The Visual Dictionary still remain canon sources?

Also, since the film-specific novelizations(which, again, will remain canon) directly reference the various forms of lightsaber combat, are all of the existing sources pertaining to the forms of combat still canon? For example: would 'The Seven Forms of Combat' section of Jedi/Sith: Essential Guide or the 'Fightsaber' article from SW Insider still remain canon sources?

Thanks.

Darth Abonis
LucasFilm has made a nuclear bomb sized mess. Its impossible to tell up from down right now.

ares834
Not sure on the guidebooks and encyclopedias.

However, I'd assume that that the forms of combat are non-canon. The film novelizations have always been divided into both G-canon and C-canon. It was G-canon when stuff was directly from Lucas like the events that are in the movie or information taken from Lucas's notes (such as the origins of the Sith). Meanwhile, anything the author added that wasn't directly from Lucas is C-canon. Once again, this is an assumption, but I'd think that only the G-canon elements are considered canon in the nuEU while the C-canon stuff is thrown aside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.