Bleach: Yhwach's name?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
How is Yhwach's name pronounced? At first I thought it was E-wok as in the ewoks from Starwars but then I remember that the germans pronounce their W's as V's so then it went from E-wok to E-vok, so how is his name pronounced?

Gecko4lif
Ya-ah-way

Astner
OafJKzdBR38

chasedown
Ya- wak

Astner
Originally posted by chasedown
Ya- wak
It's explained in the manga that he took the name of God that was associated with him. So technically it's Yahweh, it's just that it got translated from Hebrew to Japanese and then to English, and it was also filtered by Viz Media.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Astner
OafJKzdBR38

"Yahweh" is an anglicized pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton.

Ancient Hebrew did not have the "w" sound, and there were no written vowels as well.
The actual letters are apparently pronounced Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh.

As for Yhwach's name, wasn't it JuhaBaha/JuhaBah in Japanese?

ThorinWoofer
I got a question. If Ywach was born without any sight, hearing, or have the sensation of touch, how was he able to split parts of his soul to those around him?

Not sure if I'm understanding his particular power right or not. And if he can give you a part of his soul, and your latent power emerges, and you die, your power along with the missing piece of his soul return to him, how will he be able to fight a final battle if all of his Wandenreich are gone?

Just a bit confused.

danteiscool
I think it was instinctive on his part with the soul splitting. at least until he was healed enough to function normally.

he can fight a battle since all of their powers will be his, presumably. and since his soul pieces are spread all over Soul Society, he can still function since any and all soul reapers that die will end up powering him up.

ThorinWoofer
I forgot he can absorb the soul reaper as we'll.

He is going to be one overpowered big bad.

Astner
What's been established is that Yhwach's soul is like a loan shark. It gives you piece of itself, and when you die it takes your entire soul.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, he can insert a part of his soul into you, to take it when you die. It basically means that he's got his power, and is soon going to have the power of every sternritter and a lot of soul reapers combined.

lol, how pissed would everyone be if Ichigo still one-shotted him in shikai mode?

Yeah though, to answer the OP, it's pronounced "Ya-way", but his actual name is "Juhabach".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.